[NEW + UPDATE] Anti-Fraud System (Wed, July 31st)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [NEW] Anti-Fraud System (Tuesday, July 16th)

Postby Lil Daddy (105724570) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:55 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:
xxGeckoSTARxx (105722650) wrote:
ll MyStErY ll (105725404) wrote:"Please refrain from being rude to the Vikings" Well if they would answer the questions that were asked 1,000 times then maybe we wouldn't have to be rude!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that quote? They're making these awful decisions and it's affected people that shouldn't be affected. Everyone here is entitled to be upset.

I believe that is what she was told when she was sent a warning from Viking Sarah! If you can send a warning, then don't you think you could address the problem at hand? They don't understand they only make things worse when they ignore everyone asking questions, or just make long winded, uninformative post like she did just a little while ago. TELL PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THEY WON'T FREAK OUT SO MUCH!!!!!

This game is so gone. With people getting warnings, and all of these private messages with no address as to why some players can't play, I just don't want to really invest my emotions or energy on this game anymore.

That's the reason i stopped putting money into this place, i should have stopped much earlier then i did but i'm glad i realized it was just a waste. Why should i support a game that can't even have the courtesy to tell the customers when they screwed up, always trying to sweep stuff under the rug. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time. Some just take longer to wake up then others but eventually all will wake up. I feel bad for people that waste a lot of their money on this right now and end up with absolutely nothing in the end. I started to take my money to the bank instead of spending it on yo, used it on my vacation instead and i got a lot of things out of it :D

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
Lil Daddy (105724570)
YoWorld Level: 154
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 26
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby RoZ FRANKIE (186953350) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:57 pm

ll MyStErY ll (105725404) wrote:"Please refrain from being rude to the Vikings" Well if they would answer the questions that were asked 1,000 times then maybe we wouldn't have to be rude!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that quote? They're making these awful decisions and it's affected people that shouldn't be affected. Everyone here is entitled to be upset.

I believe that is what she was told when she was sent a warning from Viking Sarah! If you can send a warning, then don't you think you could address the problem at hand? They don't understand they only make things worse when they ignore everyone asking questions, or just make long winded, uninformative post like she did just a little while ago. TELL PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THEY WON'T FREAK OUT SO MUCH!!!!!

This game is so gone. With people getting warnings, and all of these private messages with no address as to why some players can't play, I just don't want to really invest my emotions or energy on this game anymore.

That's the reason i stopped putting money into this place, i should have stopped much earlier then i did but i'm glad i realized it was just a waste. Why should i support a game that can't even have the courtesy to tell the customers when they screwed up, always trying to sweep stuff under the rug. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time. Some just take longer to wake up then others but eventually all will wake up. I feel bad for people that waste a lot of their money on this right now and end up with absolutely nothing in the end. I started to take my money to the bank instead of spending it on yo, used it on my vacation instead and i got a lot of things out of it :D

Me too Im no longer going to spend any real money buying the yo cash.
BVG has been blinded by their obsession to make money they didn't realise they were destroying the game.
Sinners judging sinners.
RoZ FRANKIE (186953350)
YoWorld Level: 48
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 51
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Willow (13350872) wrote:
XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) wrote:
Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans!

First, I'd like to thank all of you for your continued feedback and comments regarding the latest update our team released into YoWorld. While we understand that a lot of your feedback stems from concerns, the amount of replies also shows how passionate the YoCommunity is towards the game they love.

A lot of you have suggested that instead of limiting new players, we should ban found scammers and alternate accounts immediately. In a perfect world, this would absolutely be the case, and is actually something our team tries to do when these accounts are discovered. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that by the time we are alerted to fraudulent accounts and shut them down, these scammers have moved onto creating additional new accounts. Although we will never give up on locating these individuals, the chase will undoubtedly be neverending.

A lot of other online games have enabled similar features as they also deal with alternate and fraudulent accounts. Limiting trading abilities for new players is quite a common practice in most games these days. The intention behind these limitations is to not punish legitimate new accounts, but to help keep everyone safe, trades fair, and assist with ensuring the longevity of YoWorld.

There have also been many comments requesting that we specify what exact requirements are needed for new accounts before they are able to participate in trading. To help explain our decision in easy-to-digest terms, let's pretend YoWorld is a small, mom-and-pop owned bank. We don't see huge influxes of new customers, but the ones we do have are loyal and trust us in keeping their finances safe. Because we're such a small bank, we also don't have as many staff as let's say, the Bank of America.

In this scenario, let's also pretend there's been a surge of local bank robberies. These robbers have learned that the banks open their vaults at the same time every morning, and they use that small window to pull their heist. The banks realize they have to fix this, so they confidently broadcast on the news "We're changing our vault's unlock time to noon." The next day, the robbers perform a heist at 11:55 a.m.

While this is a very far-stretched scenario, the same ideas could be applied to YoWorld. We have chosen to not specifically release the requirements for new players to help mitigate fraudulent players working around the new system.

This solution is the best of both worlds as we are discouraging the use of alternate and fraudulent accounts, while ultimately making the lives of those nefarious players who are trying to scam YoFans that much more difficult.

As with all features, we're absolutely listening to your feedback as it comes in, monitoring how these updates impact YoWorld, and will adjust as necessary. :heart:

I have to give you credit for trying to resolve this problem, and like you have mentioned it's hard to stop it all with these players making new accounts daily. We have been asking over and over to do something about all these fake accounts and maybe now all of these scheming ALT's account will be stopped! I'm sorry for those who have been playing and haven't leveled up, but honestly how couldn't you if you have played for years, do you have more then one account?

Anyway thank you for finally doing something about these players, hopefully this cuts back on those selling YO Items for real money and scammers, they always find the loop wholes though so hopefully this will cut back on it... :)

Please do not accuse players that have played for years and are still under level 50 of having alts, some people don't worry about leveling up, people play the game in different ways and that's why it affects a lot of people, not just the new ones :hug:

I agree with you Willow; I call BS on not doing homework before pointing fingers. It will come back to bite you on the ass.
Last edited by NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 5089
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ll MyStErY ll (105725404) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm

RoZ FRANKIE (186953350) wrote:

Me too Im no longer going to spend any real money buying the yo cash.
BVG has been blinded by their obsession to make money they didn't realise they were destroying the game.

:trophy: :trophy: :trophy: :thumbsup:
ll MyStErY ll (105725404)
YoWorld Level: 169
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Viking Sarah » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 pm

This thread has been temporarily locked and is currently under review.

While we absolutely value and appreciate feedback and constructive criticism, discussing moderation, abuse, disrespect, and inciting action against BVG and/or YoWorld are strictly against the YoWorld Forums Rules of Conduct. (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=197162)

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 310

Forum Posts: 705
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Viking Sarah » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:51 am

Hey YoFans,

Thank you for your patience while our team reviewed this thread and all of your feedback regarding the new Anti-Fraud System.

As of this morning's update, I am happy to report that a few adjustments and bug fixes have been made that will hopefully help out some of our long term players who have experienced some issues with trading after the system was implemented.

Our team very much appreciates and relies on all of your feedback to help us out when releasing new features, just like the Anti-Fraud System, and therefore this thread will now be unlocked once again. I remind you to please remain courteous and civil with one another, and ensure that any criticism you would like to give is constructive in nature. Further instances of abuse, disrespect, or replies that violate the YoWorld Forums Rules of Conduct will be actioned upon swiftly.

Please leave your feedback below! :heart: :hug:

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 310

Forum Posts: 705
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:00 pm

Thank you for looking into these matters and hopefully remedying them to your best capacities.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Shabby Cheap (126579776) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Agreed. This curse on the game is always it's most serious threat to both the players and to BVG. I'm glad you guys tweaked it and are at least making them think before they try to pull cash out of Yo. I've definitely noticed a drop off in events from people trying to sell coins, and I imagine the ones using FB pages and EBay and wherever else they try to make money are rethinking their decisions. Once you pop a few main accounts, I am certain word will spread like wildfire and they will close up shop.

Maybe the will stop jacking the Ancient Rome stuff now that there is no pay off for them. :angel:

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it becomes accepted by a majority.

~ Rick Warren
Shabby Cheap (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35889
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Re: [NEW + UPDATE] Anti-Fraud System (Wed, July 31st)

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:07 pm

i really still doubt this feature will affect coin sellers much at all sarah but it is what it is. good luck
I wore my new shoes all day and not 1 person asked me if I could run fast in them....Adulthood is stupid.
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8903

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:16 pm

AchmedDeadTerrorist (185839344) wrote:i really still doubt this feature will affect coin sellers much at all sarah but it is what it is. good luck

:trophy:
i still see same amount of posts online daily as usual, this isn't going to affect them one bit.

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3373
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Pigeonlips (139291280) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:23 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:i really still doubt this feature will affect coin sellers much at all sarah but it is what it is. good luck

Yes i see the same people in events selling and harassing others, I report them everytime and theyre still there :dizzy:
My apartment ^ In this beautiful siggy by LEgJaSSy
new wtb/wishlist viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200828

Pigeonlips (139291280)
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 5564

Postby Pigeonlips (139291280) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:24 pm

I wish you would just share what the requirements are to trade because i know a few people are still having problems. Either way, thanks for the update
My apartment ^ In this beautiful siggy by LEgJaSSy
new wtb/wishlist viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200828

Pigeonlips (139291280)
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 5564

Postby AkA (5341232) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:05 pm

I've wondered for the past while if there are new players any more or just recycled players. I've cut back in my spending in the game as I'm concerned about the longevity of a business that is not actively promoting growth and lets paying customers wait 2 weeks for help with missing items and other concerns.

AkA (5341232)
YoWorld Level: 482
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2008

Forum Posts: 127
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Rain (110294179) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:11 am

Any way you slice it, this system is still a very ill-conceived idea. Alienating newer players, and making it more difficult for them to get going in YoWorld, has zero upside. If you are concerned about people using alts to sell coins, etc., then crack down on alts, don't punish legit new players trying to just get started.

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.
Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 7940

Postby JazEvePKF (185042304) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:40 am

Was the level lowers down from 50 and if so whats the new level people got to get to before using trade
JazEvePKF (185042304)
YoWorld Level: 354
YoWorld Start Date: May 17, 2013

Forum Posts: 216

Postby K Wood (102558508) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:56 pm

I use a Windows 10 system and use Chrome and I have tried to download the game to my desk top several times and it just wont load. I thought maybe it was my firewall kicking it out! :?: I get this popup from ESET Nortons anti virus
Website blocked
The web page is on the list of websites with potentially dangerous content.

Access to it has been blocked.
K Wood (102558508)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: May 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 148

Postby Shabby Cheap (126579776) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:32 pm

Rain (110294179) wrote:Any way you slice it, this system is still a very ill-conceived idea. Alienating newer players, and making it more difficult for them to get going in YoWorld, has zero upside. If you are concerned about people using alts to sell coins, etc., then crack down on alts, don't punish legit new players trying to just get started.

My guess is they've already done the math and realized that 97 out of 100 new accounts are just alts used to manipulate this game in some manner. If we had tons of legit new players, they would have never chosen this path.

I've already told them 3 different times that the risk to Yo is new accounts. Period. If they'd design monitoring tools that assess activity on new accounts for reasonableness, they'd understand quickly whether an account is legit or not and shut it down.

New account trading more than a million coins more than once.....banned.
New account being given items from 08-09 without paying for them - flagged for further activity (might be gifts from existing buddies).
New account selling cheap coin items/visit chests/etc in the AH for millions of coins.....definitely transferring coins to sell - banned.

This isn't rocket science. A little leg work is involved to assess if the account is operating as a legit new player, but most of them aren't.

I realize that BVG's new toys might throw the baby out with the bathwater, but they've obviously decided that the few babies they might throw out are worth less than the bathwater that is choking Yo.

A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it becomes accepted by a majority.

~ Rick Warren
Shabby Cheap (126579776)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35889
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Dani (187758470) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:01 pm

How can we meet them if we don’t know what they are I’m level 59 & I can’t trade.
Dani (187758470)
YoWorld Level: 60
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 06, 2019

Forum Posts: 2
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby MR Q (187759661) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:28 am

I am also so not able to trade on level 125. In my first week back after a five plus years gap I use to play Yoville every day I was addicted to playing this game.
I was befriended by a character named as Modi who Gifted me a hat. dress. hair. shoes etc so not to look a nooby.
He then gifted me a 50k to get a home not of my asking and I don't know how to screenshot. I was at a function a pagent I was in male persona and he thought I was a male in life. I am in real life age 61 he was way younger not that there was anything I am a widow since 2016.
Yoworld has become my life.
He blocked me and un friended me in Facebook I was so upset in real life that I cannot say Im sorry.
I am still playing Yoworld but it has become just pagents and decorating my homes.
I have just seen that someone said I can trade but only to a Buddy but it shows I decline the request.
I buy in real life yocash an coins with my own money, too many times I am barred for a month not able to buy any or any items.I over spend.
I want to play a normal game I even went to become a V I P.
I love Yoworld still an always will just want to be able to trade again. There is no way I know how to defraud anyone Im not that smart. Please Help Me. I am also female in life as I am in Yoworld. This is how I was dressed when I tried to show him I can play a male an he took offence,

MR Q (187759661)
YoWorld Level: 236
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2019

Forum Posts: 1
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:53 am

MR Q (187759661) wrote:I am also so not able to trade on level 125. In my first week back after a five plus years gap I use to play Yoville every day I was addicted to playing this game.
I was befriended by a character named as Modi who Gifted me a hat. dress. hair. shoes etc so not to look a nooby.
He then gifted me a 50k to get a home not of my asking and I don't know how to screenshot. I was at a function a pagent I was in male persona and he thought I was a male in life. I am in real life age 61 he was way younger not that there was anything I am a widow since 2016.
Yoworld has become my life.
He blocked me and un friended me in Facebook I was so upset in real life that I cannot say Im sorry.
I am still playing Yoworld but it has become just pagents and decorating my homes.
I have just seen that someone said I can trade but only to a Buddy but it shows I decline the request.
I buy in real life yocash an coins with my own money, too many times I am barred for a month not able to buy any or any items.I over spend.
I want to play a normal game I even went to become a V I P.
I love Yoworld still an always will just want to be able to trade again. There is no way I know how to defraud anyone Im not that smart. Please Help Me. I am also female in life as I am in Yoworld. This is how I was dressed when I tried to show him I can play a male an he took offence,

You cannot trade with a player if the player has his settings to accept trade for buddy only. If that is not the problem, you should send a ticket to BVG so they can look at your account. Good luck!

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12807
Forum Title: YoWild

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions