[NEW + UPDATE] Anti-Fraud System (Wed, July 31st)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [NEW] Anti-Fraud System (Tuesday, July 16th)

Postby ll MyStErY ll (105725404) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:54 pm

"Please refrain from being rude to the Vikings" Well if they would answer the questions that were asked 1,000 times then maybe we wouldn't have to be rude!!!!!!!!!
ll MyStErY ll (105725404)
YoWorld Level: 169
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:56 pm

xxGeckoSTARxx (105722650) wrote:I don't think there are any more requirements that hitting level 50, because there are people hitting level 50 and getting the pop up saying they have unlocked trading THAT STILL CAN'T TRADE!!!! I think she can't come out and say that it is level 50 because they are supposed to keep the "requirements" hush, but it's obvious that is what it is. You can't make me believe people at levels like 288 haven't met any requirement they could have put into place, that makes no sense. There is a glitch in it and they need to fix it, but instead of addressing that issue they just keep making long winded uninforming posts.

:trophy:

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3290
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:I think this extract from a review on Glassdoor makes everything clearer:

You have people here with 5+ years working on a product, but then you'll have 3 people in a room deciding the future of that product.. and all together those 3 people might be lucky to have 3 years of product knowledge combined. Take some steps back. We have gone full circle and once again have managers of all kind at the top that are out of touch with our games, our employees, our playerbase, and often times have less relevant experience than the team members they are in charge of.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Emp ... 517529.htm

Lol, why'd I always envision it being this way? They don't play this game, they hardly engage with the players, they don't use the game the way we do because all of their accounts are "fixed" to have administrative advantages (it's why their accounts have to be deleted at the end of their service at BVG - but it's uncertain if even that's always the case - learned that from a previous Viking). They don't use the auction house, they don't use the trading features or host events. They don't participate in gem events, they don't participate in storylines.

All they see are numbers, and as they taught me in my business cert in college, numbers don't mean jack squat in business. Customer interaction is worth more than that. Higher numbers ≠ (do not equal) happier customers in every case. Example? Now.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:I think this extract from a review on Glassdoor makes everything clearer:

You have people here with 5+ years working on a product, but then you'll have 3 people in a room deciding the future of that product.. and all together those 3 people might be lucky to have 3 years of product knowledge combined. Take some steps back. We have gone full circle and once again have managers of all kind at the top that are out of touch with our games, our employees, our playerbase, and often times have less relevant experience than the team members they are in charge of.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/Emp ... 517529.htm

Lol, why'd I always envision it being this way?

I think it's been like this since about late 2016 - early 2017

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 25781
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm

MrSee (148390766) wrote:Bravo

The Alt accounts have to be STOPPED

Now if you could have someone dedicated to watching the events board or at least ACT to Reports of Coin Selling events

:star: :trophy: :star:

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 1272
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:15 pm

Prospective New Player: Does your game offer cool features like selling, trading, buying and auctioning off items I own?

YoWorld Vikings:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:so i'm confused as to whom this effects because it seems like many people that are above level 50 seems to be affected by this, me included and i'm level 288 :phew:

From what I am getting here from both of Sarah's post (Todays and the Original), these are requirements, and there are more than one. So being over level 50 may be one, but nobody is completely aware of what the others are. Could be collecting a certain amount of badges, could be owning a certain number of homes, could be having a certain number of neighbors, could have something to do with the start date, could be a certain part in the Storyline feature somebody has to reach, could be the amount of times someone has partaken in a gem event...

:dizzy:

Gosh I hope it has nothing to do with gem event if so that means I will not be able to trade and if that happens I think I might just be done. No I know I will be done. I need to get on and see if I can trade I have not even tried yet. :dizzy:

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8949

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:Hey YoFans!

First, I'd like to thank all of you for your continued feedback and comments regarding the latest update our team released into YoWorld. While we understand that a lot of your feedback stems from concerns, the amount of replies also shows how passionate the YoCommunity is towards the game they love.

A lot of you have suggested that instead of limiting new players, we should ban found scammers and alternate accounts immediately. In a perfect world, this would absolutely be the case, and is actually something our team tries to do when these accounts are discovered. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that by the time we are alerted to fraudulent accounts and shut them down, these scammers have moved onto creating additional new accounts. Although we will never give up on locating these individuals, the chase will undoubtedly be neverending.

A lot of other online games have enabled similar features as they also deal with alternate and fraudulent accounts. Limiting trading abilities for new players is quite a common practice in most games these days. The intention behind these limitations is to not punish legitimate new accounts, but to help keep everyone safe, trades fair, and assist with ensuring the longevity of YoWorld.

There have also been many comments requesting that we specify what exact requirements are needed for new accounts before they are able to participate in trading. To help explain our decision in easy-to-digest terms, let's pretend YoWorld is a small, mom-and-pop owned bank. We don't see huge influxes of new customers, but the ones we do have are loyal and trust us in keeping their finances safe. Because we're such a small bank, we also don't have as many staff as let's say, the Bank of America.

In this scenario, let's also pretend there's been a surge of local bank robberies. These robbers have learned that the banks open their vaults at the same time every morning, and they use that small window to pull their heist. The banks realize they have to fix this, so they confidently broadcast on the news "We're changing our vault's unlock time to noon." The next day, the robbers perform a heist at 11:55 a.m.

While this is a very far-stretched scenario, the same ideas could be applied to YoWorld. We have chosen to not specifically release the requirements for new players to help mitigate fraudulent players working around the new system.

This solution is the best of both worlds as we are discouraging the use of alternate and fraudulent accounts, while ultimately making the lives of those nefarious players who are trying to scam YoFans that much more difficult.

As with all features, we're absolutely listening to your feedback as it comes in, monitoring how these updates impact YoWorld, and will adjust as necessary. :heart:

I have to give you credit for trying to resolve this problem, and like you have mentioned it's hard to stop it all with these players making new accounts daily. We have been asking over and over to do something about all these fake accounts and maybe now all of these scheming ALT's account will be stopped! I'm sorry for those who have been playing and haven't leveled up, but honestly how couldn't you if you have played for years, do you have more then one account?

Anyway thank you for finally doing something about these players, hopefully this cuts back on those selling YO Items for real money and scammers, they always find the loop wholes though so hopefully this will cut back on it... :)

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 1272
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:32 pm

I think that the rules should be transparent since level 50 isn't the only requirement (even though it's WAY too high for a newbie to reach.. it'd take months.... a year or two even if you play slowly!)

Also I think in-game players should have been warned more like we were on forums, there's a lot of worried people in game who don't understand all this!
Image Image
"Have courage and be kind." ♛
PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 17234
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: Writing essays, eating pringles and running after my puppy

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:39 pm

ll MyStErY ll (105725404) wrote:"Please refrain from being rude to the Vikings" Well if they would answer the questions that were asked 1,000 times then maybe we wouldn't have to be rude!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that quote? They're making these awful decisions and it's affected people that shouldn't be affected. Everyone here is entitled to be upset.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 5086
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:40 pm

PinkSnowDrop (115645703) wrote:I think that the rules should be transparent since level 50 isn't the only requirement (even though it's WAY too high for a newbie to reach.. it'd take months.... a year or two even if you play slowly!)

Also I think in-game players should have been warned more like we were on forums, there's a lot of worried people in game who don't understand all this!

I don't blame them for not using these forums. They'd much prefer a website.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby ll MyStErY ll (105725404) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 pm

NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:
ll MyStErY ll (105725404) wrote:"Please refrain from being rude to the Vikings" Well if they would answer the questions that were asked 1,000 times then maybe we wouldn't have to be rude!!!!!!!!!

Where did you see that quote? They're making these awful decisions and it's affected people that shouldn't be affected. Everyone here is entitled to be upset.

Viking Sarah sent me a warning because of one of my posts towards her basically asking if they can't answer simple questions like what the full requirements are for being able to trade then what really is the point of having Vikings. And that quote was within the warning she sent me.
ll MyStErY ll (105725404)
YoWorld Level: 169

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby xxGeckoSTARxx (105722650) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:44 pm

I believe that is what she was told when she was sent a warning from Viking Sarah! If you can send a warning, then don't you think you could address the problem at hand? They don't understand they only make things worse when they ignore everyone asking questions, or just make long winded, uninformative post like she did just a little while ago. TELL PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THEY WON'T FREAK OUT SO MUCH!!!!!
xxGeckoSTARxx (105722650)
YoWorld Level: 262

Forum Posts: 28
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Lil Daddy (105724570) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm

xxGeckoSTARxx (105722650) wrote:

I believe that is what she was told when she was sent a warning from Viking Sarah! If you can send a warning, then don't you think you could address the problem at hand? They don't understand they only make things worse when they ignore everyone asking questions, or just make long winded, uninformative post like she did just a little while ago. TELL PEOPLE WHAT IS GOING ON AND THEY WON'T FREAK OUT SO MUCH!!!!!

They did such a poor job at taking over from Zynga, that one of your badge requirements is still to go to yoville . com and find 100 pots of gold..........
Lil Daddy (105724570)
YoWorld Level: 154

Forum Posts: 26

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm

This game is so gone. With people getting warnings, and all of these private messages with no address as to why some players can't play, I just don't want to really invest my emotions or energy on this game anymore.
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:46 pm

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) wrote:

First, I'd like to thank all of you for your continued feedback and comments regarding the latest update our team released into YoWorld. While we understand that a lot of your feedback stems from concerns, the amount of replies also shows how passionate the YoCommunity is towards the game they love.

A lot of you have suggested that instead of limiting new players, we should ban found scammers and alternate accounts immediately. In a perfect world, this would absolutely be the case, and is actually something our team tries to do when these accounts are discovered. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that by the time we are alerted to fraudulent accounts and shut them down, these scammers have moved onto creating additional new accounts. Although we will never give up on locating these individuals, the chase will undoubtedly be neverending.

A lot of other online games have enabled similar features as they also deal with alternate and fraudulent accounts. Limiting trading abilities for new players is quite a common practice in most games these days. The intention behind these limitations is to not punish legitimate new accounts, but to help keep everyone safe, trades fair, and assist with ensuring the longevity of YoWorld.

There have also been many comments requesting that we specify what exact requirements are needed for new accounts before they are able to participate in trading. To help explain our decision in easy-to-digest terms, let's pretend YoWorld is a small, mom-and-pop owned bank. We don't see huge influxes of new customers, but the ones we do have are loyal and trust us in keeping their finances safe. Because we're such a small bank, we also don't have as many staff as let's say, the Bank of America.

In this scenario, let's also pretend there's been a surge of local bank robberies. These robbers have learned that the banks open their vaults at the same time every morning, and they use that small window to pull their heist. The banks realize they have to fix this, so they confidently broadcast on the news "We're changing our vault's unlock time to noon." The next day, the robbers perform a heist at 11:55 a.m.

While this is a very far-stretched scenario, the same ideas could be applied to YoWorld. We have chosen to not specifically release the requirements for new players to help mitigate fraudulent players working around the new system.

This solution is the best of both worlds as we are discouraging the use of alternate and fraudulent accounts, while ultimately making the lives of those nefarious players who are trying to scam YoFans that much more difficult.

As with all features, we're absolutely listening to your feedback as it comes in, monitoring how these updates impact YoWorld, and will adjust as necessary. :heart:

I have to give you credit for trying to resolve this problem, and like you have mentioned it's hard to stop it all with these players making new accounts daily. We have been asking over and over to do something about all these fake accounts and maybe now all of these scheming ALT's account will be stopped! I'm sorry for those who have been playing and haven't leveled up, but honestly how couldn't you if you have played for years, do you have more then one account?

Anyway thank you for finally doing something about these players, hopefully this cuts back on those selling YO Items for real money and scammers, they always find the loop wholes though so hopefully this will cut back on it... :)

I hope you do realize that this isn't going to stop people from making more accounts. Also i'm level 288 and can't trade and there are more like me that can't trade with higher levels. Also not everyone plays the game the same just because they been playing for a long time and haven't leveled doesn't mean they have more than one account so please don't assume things :phew:

xNVx (129595882)

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 pm

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) wrote:

Please do not accuse players that have played for years and are still under level 50 of having alts, some people don't worry about leveling up, people play the game in different ways and that's why it affects a lot of people, not just the new ones :hug:
Actually no, my post wasn't about you...but if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that bad boy up and wear it.

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15046
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby RoZ FRANKIE (186953350) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:52 pm

BVG be like : We have fixed the scammers problem by limiting the trading option
Scammers be like: Lets gift for gift
Sinners judging sinners.
RoZ FRANKIE (186953350)
YoWorld Level: 48
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 51

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:52 pm

This game is so gone. With people getting warnings, and all of these private messages with no address as to why some players can't play, I just don't want to really invest my emotions or energy on this game anymore.

That's the reason i stopped putting money into this place, i should have stopped much earlier then i did but i'm glad i realized it was just a waste. Why should i support a game that can't even have the courtesy to tell the customers when they screwed up, always trying to sweep stuff under the rug. This is not the first time nor will it be the last time. Some just take longer to wake up then others but eventually all will wake up. I feel bad for people that waste a lot of their money on this right now and end up with absolutely nothing in the end. I started to take my money to the bank instead of spending it on yo, used it on my vacation instead and i got a lot of things out of it :D

xNVx (129595882)

Postby Jacquelyn Acosta (167671803) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:55 pm

RoZ FRANKIE (186953350) wrote:BVG be like : We have fixed the scammers problem by limiting the trading option
Scammers be like: Lets gift for gift

:haha:
Jacquelyn Acosta (167671803)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 5262

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions