[NEW + UPDATE] Anti-Fraud System (Wed, July 31st)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [NEW] Anti-Fraud System (Tuesday, July 16th)

Postby ll MyStErY ll (105725404) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
JustDucky (132308143) wrote:
Cole (186324919) wrote:When I was new. I never did any trading. And I got to level 50 easily. I don't see the problem. Or the btching.

me either! unless It's the people with the alts. I have no idea. Don't come at me guys. Back up :shocked: :quiet: :phew: :smug:

No, that's about right. I think it took me maybe a week and a few coins to get to level 50. This will be a big help with coin sellers and some of those other scams in events. It's gonna take a while for PEOPLE to see the benefit then it'll just be another day in paradise...
;)

Yep and it'll take those coin sellers no time to level up to level 50 and then what? Bvg thinks that this will solve the selling of coins and scamming the only thing that's going to solve it, is if they do their jobs and go after them one by one. Or maybe they should just do away with trading all together and give us each our own stores :idea: the coin sellers and the scammers are still going to be able to do what they're doing and the ones who are again getting punished are the legit players.

I keep hearing this punish word. It's a very small punishment if at all. If the players want to continue trading, they can take a day or so and level up. New players will never know the old way, so they won't know they are being "punished". This will help with the coin sellers and scammers, because the folks with 50 alts will have to spend 50m or so and weeks leveling them all up.

No, it's not perfect, but it's a good start. And the ip address ban I hear about. No that wouldn't work because my IP address changes every time I open my laptop and connect to the internet. If my IP address had been banned by BVG, I wouldn't be able to play until I could find a good IP address. And monitoring the events is like trying to count the stars. I would prefer BVG spend their resources on fixing and improving things. Name locking would make folks angrier than this small change, so that thought is dead on arrival.

Anyway I hope your sales aren't inconvenienced for too long. I think even as we speak, legit players are working to level up. In a day or so, you should see things pretty much back to normal...
:thumbsup:

Um, not only does it take longer than just a day or two to level up to level 50, but players that are ABOVE level 50 STILL CAN'T TRADE!!!! It's not just lower levels who were effected. I am level 112 and I can't trade, for what reason?!?
Just a glitch? Well it has been 24 hours already and not yadda has been fixed and it's truly making me want to just quit the game because it's not the same anymore. This update is absolutely ridiculous, they could have done something rather than messed with everyone's trading privileges.
ll MyStErY ll (105725404)
YoWorld Level: 169
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:10 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
PinkSnowDrop (115645703) wrote:
RoZ FRANKIE (186953350) wrote:
I dont know why are you speaking for new players since that your level 325. I have been playing for 3 years and I havent leveled up to 50 yet because I have been making coins more easier by participating in the games event

I don't think it's fair to apply this new system to current players, my friend said she had a sale this morning and had to TURN PEOPLE AWAY because they couldn't trade but had the money! :dizzy:

I think it's very unfair to change the system without warning like this, people can still have paid into the game/ played for a long time and not reached level 50! My mum has been playing since 2009 like me but hasn't reached level 50 yet!

Also they capped it at level 50 yeeears ago too and it was harder to level up so there'll be a lot of people like you

Make sure you read this Erwyle if you want to know how it's hurting the legit players :thumbsup:

I read it, but I don't think it's a big deal. A few days and we're all living large again. It'll be fine...

It's not a big deal to you because you don't play the game like a lot of us do and if you think in a few days, it'll all be fine, then there's nothing more I can say to you :bye:

That's my same opinion on it. I can't really see any reason people would agree with this new system. It's ultimately going to hurt beginners.

Yes it is and here people thought Bvg should advertise the game more, so that more people would want to join but if I was a new player and had to go through this, I wouldn't stick around, heck how can a new player make coins if they can't trade? oh wait..they could buy yocash :idea: that's a thought a good thought on Bvg's side :thumbsup:

I don't think they'll make any money off new players by doing this whatsoever. But they'll get the hint... I'm surprised no one from BVG has had the nerve to com online yet and post here.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 5089
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:20 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
I dont know why are you speaking for new players since that your level 325. I have been playing for 3 years and I havent leveled up to 50 yet because I have been making coins more easier by participating in the games event

I don't think it's fair to apply this new system to current players, my friend said she had a sale this morning and had to TURN PEOPLE AWAY because they couldn't trade but had the money! :dizzy:

I think it's very unfair to change the system without warning like this, people can still have paid into the game/ played for a long time and not reached level 50! My mum has been playing since 2009 like me but hasn't reached level 50 yet!

Also they capped it at level 50 yeeears ago too and it was harder to level up so there'll be a lot of people like you

Make sure you read this Erwyle if you want to know how it's hurting the legit players :thumbsup:

I read it, but I don't think it's a big deal. A few days and we're all living large again. It'll be fine...

It's not a big deal to you because you don't play the game like a lot of us do and if you think in a few days, it'll all be fine, then there's nothing more I can say to you :bye:

I don't think anyone plays the game the same way. I'm here mainly to decorate. Others like to dress up. Some like hanging with their peeps. Still others love buy/sell. I also don't know what more I can say to you either. I am locked into my position as much as you are to yours. But discussions are good. I've got to get on with rl here soon, but you guys keep those thoughts coming. Feedback is very valuable...

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12815
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:21 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

That's my same opinion on it. I can't really see any reason people would agree with this new system. It's ultimately going to hurt beginners.

Yes it is and here people thought Bvg should advertise the game more, so that more people would want to join but if I was a new player and had to go through this, I wouldn't stick around, heck how can a new player make coins if they can't trade? oh wait..they could buy yocash :idea: that's a thought a good thought on Bvg's side :thumbsup:

I don't think they'll make any money off new players by doing this whatsoever. But they'll get the hint... I'm surprised no one from BVG has had the nerve to com online yet and post here.

Yeah, I don't think they'll make money off new people this way either but I think it was in their plan and they're probably staying away, hoping that everything will blow over and it will eventually on here but it won't in game, not unless they come up with a different way to take care of the bad guys. Do I care about the game? I sure do and if I really thought this was a good idea, I'd be all for it but in my opinion, it's not a step in the right direction, it's a big step back but oh well, what do I know? :haha: :haha:
O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree
Your boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime
O tannenbaum, o Christmas tree
How lovely are thy branches

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15301
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Willow (13350872) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:23 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

I don't think anyone plays the game the same way. I'm here mainly to decorate. Others like to dress up. Some like hanging with their peeps. Still others love buy/sell. I also don't know what more I can say to you either. I am locked into my position as much as you are to yours. But discussions are good. I've got to get on with rl here soon, but you guys keep those thoughts coming. Feedback is very valuable...

That's the thing Erwyle, It's going to hurt the people who trade to buy or sell, you're a decorator, this is no big deal to you, anyways, hope you have a great day :heart:
O Christmas tree, o Christmas tree
Your boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime
O tannenbaum, o Christmas tree
How lovely are thy branches

Willow (13350872)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 15301

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:26 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:I don't understand how this is supposed to stop people from scamming when there are many ways around it like i seen people mention on fb, when there is an ah ppl can put things into and use their alts or main how ever it goes to buy the item to transfer coins. This i just another try to do a fast money grab, this is going to backfire though from the looks of how upset people are all over. I haven't really been on yo other than logging in to gift but i can see on fb that people are very upset, not to mention the innocent people that are going to be held back by this or the new players that already have it hard enough when they start. I been saying it all along, but eventually they are going to run this game dry. The problem was the owner that bought it back is trying to turn this game into something it was never ment to be, when you go around yo and ask people that's been around for years they will tell you that it's all about dress up, buying and selling, making friends and decorating not about gambling. You can see they don't care about this game otherwise they would understand what this game means to a lot of the players because of the things this game used to give us and no matter how much we mention it here in this forum they will never understand. So many people already quit because they are ruining this game, when they could have made a lot of money on here if they just kept going the way it was and fixed thing instead of adding unnecessary features and not taking care of the game itself. This game isn't going to make it a lot longer, i used to think it be sad but at this point i'm over it. It's like beating a dead horse and you going to have the same people in the forum trying to sugar coat everything when they know better, but nothing is going to change here. I gave up on this place, it's a waste of time and i have better things to do with it.

Miss you girl :hug:

aww miss you too hun, been doing more rl just got back from vacation end of June into July. Went to Jamaica and i loved it, most of my family was there for my cousins wedding and none of us wanted to go back home. It was so relaxing and lots of fun, but i told my sister yesterday i can't even remember us getting any sleep besides one night so i was bit tired when i actually got home lol. I love jamaica though and we already planning a trip for next year once we get back from our cruise. We need to get together in the game sometimes and catch up, i just been bit busy since i been back and trying to get back into my routine, Jamaica messed me up big times lol. We went to bed late and got up early so we wouldn't miss anything. I used to go to bed so early and it's so hard to get back into that habit after all the parties and clubbing we did down there, also i'm just now getting back into my healthy eating, we all took a break while down there even though it's not like we ate bad food but we did have lots of carbs :silly:

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3379
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:27 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

That's the thing Erwyle, It's going to hurt the people who trade to buy or sell, you're a decorator, this is no big deal to you, anyways, hope you have a great day :heart:

Thank you. You too Willow...
:hug:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12815
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby RoZ FRANKIE (186953350) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:27 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:

I am a decorator and I literally have spent millions instore and still couldn't get above level 45. Also I made those millions by selling stuff or yocash so basically no one is benefitting from this especially BVG.
Sinners judging sinners.
RoZ FRANKIE (186953350)
YoWorld Level: 48
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 51
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:32 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Willow (13350872) wrote:
Cole (186324919) wrote:When I was new. I never did any trading. And I got to level 50 easily. I don't see the problem. Or the btching.

me either! unless It's the people with the alts. I have no idea. Don't come at me guys. Back up :shocked: :quiet: :phew: :smug:

No, that's about right. I think it took me maybe a week and a few coins to get to level 50. This will be a big help with coin sellers and some of those other scams in events. It's gonna take a while for PEOPLE to see the benefit then it'll just be another day in paradise...
;)

Yep and it'll take those coin sellers no time to level up to level 50 and then what? Bvg thinks that this will solve the selling of coins and scamming the only thing that's going to solve it, is if they do their jobs and go after them one by one. Or maybe they should just do away with trading all together and give us each our own stores :idea: the coin sellers and the scammers are still going to be able to do what they're doing and the ones who are again getting punished are the legit players.

I keep hearing this punish word. It's a very small punishment if at all. If the players want to continue trading, they can take a day or so and level up. New players will never know the old way, so they won't know they are being "punished". This will help with the coin sellers and scammers, because the folks with 50 alts will have to spend 50m or so and weeks leveling them all up.

No, it's not perfect, but it's a good start. And the ip address ban I hear about. No that wouldn't work because my IP address changes every time I open my laptop and connect to the internet. If my IP address had been banned by BVG, I wouldn't be able to play until I could find a good IP address. And monitoring the events is like trying to count the stars. I would prefer BVG spend their resources on fixing and improving things. Name locking would make folks angrier than this small change, so that thought is dead on arrival.

Anyway I hope your sales aren't inconvenienced for too long. I think even as we speak, legit players are working to level up. In a day or so, you should see things pretty much back to normal...

It doesn't take a "day or two" to reach level 50 if You join the game today. I understand that one of your talking points is the fact that genuine new players won't know the difference, however, I would only agree with you on it had BVG applied this new rule to accounts created AFTER the rules creation.

But they didn't. This is a sweeping rule that covers all accounts, even the ones created prior to Yesterday. Even ones that has been around for months. If you aren't expected to be punished for a crime you didn't commit in real life, why should BVG expect any different from their players?

LOL @ talking points Anthony. What's the fuss? Punish? No. I remember distinctly being level 7 in the first few minutes in the game. I think the next day I was level 20. And it wasn't very long after that I was 50. It just seems simple to me. This will cut down on alts, on coin sellers, on scams and for only nominal "punishment" for existing players. I would think people who have played for so long and truly love the game would welcome some sort of initiative from BVG to secure the game's future.

Fuss? Okay Erwyle.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 am

Willow (13350872) wrote:

;)

It doesn't take a "day or two" to reach level 50 if You join the game today. I understand that one of your talking points is the fact that genuine new players won't know the difference, however, I would only agree with you on it had BVG applied this new rule to accounts created AFTER the rules creation.

But they didn't. This is a sweeping rule that covers all accounts, even the ones created prior to Yesterday. Even ones that has been around for months. If you aren't expected to be punished for a crime you didn't commit in real life, why should BVG expect any different from their players?

LOL @ talking points Anthony. What's the fuss? Punish? No. I remember distinctly being level 7 in the first few minutes in the game. I think the next day I was level 20. And it wasn't very long after that I was 50. It just seems simple to me. This will cut down on alts, on coin sellers, on scams and for only nominal "punishment" for existing players. I would think people who have played for so long and truly love the game would welcome some sort of initiative from BVG to secure the game's future.

Fuss? Okay Erwyle.

With how confused, annoyed, or frustrated people are with this new and poorly-thought idea, it's understandably for people to use incorrect adjectives.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby Lil Daddy (105724570) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:50 am

I'm a level 85 player, who has been playing since 2010, and since noon yesterday, July 16, i haven't been able to trade. So to say that this new update only applies to people under level 50 is complete horse yadda. I've never had an issue like this when Zynga was in charge, now BVG just wants you to spend half your paycheck on their stupid yocash to level up. Starting out you only get 10,000 coins, and if you know anything about this game, it takes 20,000 to level up a room completely. There for they mut want these people to go catch 50c fish, and work in the factory once a day for 50c. Under no circumstances should my account have been effected by this update, im 35 levels above the requirement.
Lil Daddy (105724570)
YoWorld Level: 154

Forum Posts: 26

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:58 am

Lil Daddy (105724570) wrote:I'm a level 85 player, who has been playing since 2010, and since noon yesterday, July 16, i haven't been able to trade. So to say that this new update only applies to people under level 50 is complete horse yadda. I've never had an issue like this when Zynga was in charge, now BVG just wants you to spend half your paycheck on their stupid yocash to level up. Starting out you only get 10,000 coins, and if you know anything about this game, it takes 20,000 to level up a room completely. There for they mut want these people to go catch 50c fish, and work in the factory once a day for 50c. Under no circumstances should my account have been effected by this update, im 35 levels above the requirement.

Yeah I've seen a lot of people affected when they shouldn't be.
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)

Postby Queen Mata (13429328) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:08 pm

*laughs harder*
Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Queen Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 3666

Postby Lil Daddy (105724570) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Lil Daddy (105724570) wrote:I'm a level 85 player, who has been playing since 2010, and since noon yesterday, July 16, i haven't been able to trade. So to say that this new update only applies to people under level 50 is complete horse yadda. I've never had an issue like this when Zynga was in charge, now BVG just wants you to spend half your paycheck on their stupid yocash to level up. Starting out you only get 10,000 coins, and if you know anything about this game, it takes 20,000 to level up a room completely. There for they mut want these people to go catch 50c fish, and work in the factory once a day for 50c. Under no circumstances should my account have been effected by this update, im 35 levels above the requirement.

It's just very irresponsible on their part. To make a change is one thing; but to do it in such a faulty way is just dang near unconstitutional.
Lil Daddy (105724570)

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

I'm level 288 and i can't trade, it's a shame what they have done to this game. The add more crazy stuff we don't really need and break everything else

Sometimes your circle decreases in size, but increases in value
Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me.

https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881
xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3379

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 pm

Lil Daddy (105724570) wrote:

It's just very irresponsible on their part. To make a change is one thing; but to do it in such a faulty way is just dang near unconstitutional.

Stop spending on this game because BVG is destroying it and wont make it past this year with the new flash. There loosing alot of money already this is why things are harder now!

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 16597

Postby ll MyStErY ll (105725404) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:19 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:

I'm level 288 and i can't trade, it's a shame what they have done to this game. The add more crazy stuff we don't really need and break everything else

YES!! Like I said yesterday if it's not broke then WHY try to freaking fix it?! It's not going to help with scammers/hackers.They will ALWAYS find a way around any obstacle put in front of them so why make this huge change with no warning? Especially without knowing if the update would work correctly?! Absolutely absurd.
ll MyStErY ll (105725404)
YoWorld Level: 169

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Viking Sarah » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

Hey YoFans!

First, I'd like to thank all of you for your continued feedback and comments regarding the latest update our team released into YoWorld. While we understand that a lot of your feedback stems from concerns, the amount of replies also shows how passionate the YoCommunity is towards the game they love.

A lot of you have suggested that instead of limiting new players, we should ban found scammers and alternate accounts immediately. In a perfect world, this would absolutely be the case, and is actually something our team tries to do when these accounts are discovered. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that by the time we are alerted to fraudulent accounts and shut them down, these scammers have moved onto creating additional new accounts. Although we will never give up on locating these individuals, the chase will undoubtedly be neverending.

A lot of other online games have enabled similar features as they also deal with alternate and fraudulent accounts. Limiting trading abilities for new players is quite a common practice in most games these days. The intention behind these limitations is to not punish legitimate new accounts, but to help keep everyone safe, trades fair, and assist with ensuring the longevity of YoWorld.

There have also been many comments requesting that we specify what exact requirements are needed for new accounts before they are able to participate in trading. To help explain our decision in easy-to-digest terms, let's pretend YoWorld is a small, mom-and-pop owned bank. We don't see huge influxes of new customers, but the ones we do have are loyal and trust us in keeping their finances safe. Because we're such a small bank, we also don't have as many staff as let's say, the Bank of America.

In this scenario, let's also pretend there's been a surge of local bank robberies. These robbers have learned that the banks open their vaults at the same time every morning, and they use that small window to pull their heist. The banks realize they have to fix this, so they confidently broadcast on the news "We're changing our vault's unlock time to noon." The next day, the robbers perform a heist at 11:55 a.m.

While this is a very far-stretched scenario, the same ideas could be applied to YoWorld. We have chosen to not specifically release the requirements for new players to help mitigate fraudulent players working around the new system.

This solution is the best of both worlds as we are discouraging the use of alternate and fraudulent accounts, while ultimately making the lives of those nefarious players who are trying to scam YoFans that much more difficult.

As with all features, we're absolutely listening to your feedback as it comes in, monitoring how these updates impact YoWorld, and will adjust as necessary. :heart:

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 310

Forum Posts: 722
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby Lil Daddy (105724570) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:20 pm

xNVx2hot (129595882) wrote:

level 288...., REALLY BVG?!?! Ridiculous.
Lil Daddy (105724570)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:22 pm

Some aren't even taking into account how many players this inadvertently and disproportionately affects. Not only are new players unable to trade, but people who sold items to new players are unable to trade with them.

I remember a time where I'd oftentimes sell old expired freebies for 1,000 or less (sorta like a dollar store), those events would attract many new players who were interested in cheap goods. I know I wasn't the only one who hosted events like that. Nice to have those businesses decimated, eh?
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions