I Wish I Knew This When I Was Younger

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: I Wish I Knew This When I Was Younger

Postby Allergic2BS (135815676) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:29 pm

I want to share something with ya'll..

As I sit here looking back over 40 something years of my life.. it’s been a life filled with disappointment, sorrow and joy. It’s tempting to think that I might have done certain things differently, but If I had I wouldn’t know so many of the things that I do. And those things made me a stronger person. That’s the nature of so many life lessons. So if you’re a young little teeny bopper.. I feel compelled to tell you that you have all the time in the world. Don’t be in too much of a damn hurry, but don’t waste your time as well. If you’re over 40.. I feel compelled to tell you that it’s never too late for even your wildest dreams to come true. We think that we know what it will look like when we’re 30, 40, or even 50. What it will look like to be married, have kids, fall in love, and build our empires. But there’s only one thing I know for sure: The future is unwritten and uncertain.. and when we hang on to how we think it should be, we get in the way of how it could be.

Alright, I'm done with being serious :phew:
Allergic2BS (135815676)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 7282
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: In order for you to insult me.. I must 1st value your opinion.

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:52 pm

Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:I want to share something with ya'll..

As I sit here looking back over 40 something years of my life.. it’s been a life filled with disappointment, sorrow and joy. It’s tempting to think that I might have done certain things differently, but If I had I wouldn’t know so many of the things that I do. And those things made me a stronger person. That’s the nature of so many life lessons. So if you’re a young little teeny bopper.. I feel compelled to tell you that you have all the time in the world. Don’t be in too much of a damn hurry, but don’t waste your time as well. If you’re over 40.. I feel compelled to tell you that it’s never too late for even your wildest dreams to come true. We think that we know what it will look like when we’re 30, 40, or even 50. What it will look like to be married, have kids, fall in love, and build our empires. But there’s only one thing I know for sure: The future is unwritten and uncertain.. and when we hang on to how we think it should be, we get in the way of how it could be.

Wildest dreams begin at 50
20s ya know everything
30s you realize you dont
40s your stabilized to what your life is actually become
50s is like being a teen again but you have money and time
60s ....I ll let you know
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 4365
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:14 pm

I was told once that when you're by the end of your 30s you'll release that people's opinion of you is worthless and you'll regret all the times it made your teen years difficult.
Space tells matter how to move. Matter tells space how to curve.
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8246
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Queen Mata (13429328) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:14 pm

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I was told once that when you're by the end of your 30s you'll release that people's opinion of you is worthless and you'll regret all the times it made your teen years difficult.

It is true.

I'll be 39 next week ;)
Et tu, Brute?
Queen Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 3549
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:50 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:
Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:I want to share something with ya'll..

Wildest dreams begin at 50
20s ya know everything
30s you realize you dont
40s your stabilized to what your life is actually become
50s is like being a teen again but you have money and time
60s ....I ll let you know

Good advice guys! I landed the job of my dreams after 40. I had more time for myself after 40. I stopped caring about what other people thought about me as I finally loved myself enough and if they didn’t like my awesome self then they didn’t deserve me. I sleep good at night because I treat others how I expect to be treated which is pretty damn good. Once you love yourself then happiness follows. Most times. I’m not perfect but I try my best. :haha: A2BS are you sure? Lol
ImageImage

"The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age." Lucille Ball

Check out my 50 ShadeZ of PurplY!

PurPlyAnjelZ XXX (152320506)
YoWorld Level: 372
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 4569

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 7:25 am

Queen Mata (13429328) wrote:
Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:I was told once that when you're by the end of your 30s you'll release that people's opinion of you is worthless and you'll regret all the times it made your teen years difficult.

It is true.

I'll be 39 next week ;)

Happy belated birthday :hug:
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:39 am

"Down on the corner of the street
where I was born
we used to meet
and sing the old song
we called them dole songs
and we'd harmonize so clear
even though it was the beer
that made the tears run
in days gone by
We'd go home and kiss the wife
hoping
a kiss could change a life
in days gone by"

Ala Price O Lucky Man

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I wish I had not wanted to grow up so fast. If you are young enjoy being young, enjoy child hood and the teen years and even being in your 20's. Don't rush things. If you make a mistake its not the end of the world, mistakes only help us learn and grow. Cherish every moment with the people you love because when you are older its those moments you look back on and remember the most. Also the saying you regret the things you did not do more than the things you did is so true. :)

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 8493

Postby Richford (3429282) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:20 pm

being an adult sucks! There were so many times I wanted to be older, and now I wish I were younger.
everyone smiles in the same language
Richford (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 177
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2857
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Seriously?

Hell no as a kid ya think you know everything as an adult what youve created around you proves that you do in fact know everything
When I was a kid I sure as hell couldn't say hmmm I want to drop it all and go to Rome for 4 days
now I feel cheated if I dont Why would I cheat myself?

Postby ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:54 pm

Online classes are way harder than showin' up for classes :smug:
Marriage is a trap :haha: ;)
Not everyone who says they are your friend is really your friend...
Haters will always hate no matter what you do in life :heart:
After one touch, we become obsessed with the rush. Yeah, love is like a rodeo. -Kane
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 8139

Postby Richford (3429282) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:08 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:Seriously?

Hell no as a kid ya think you know everything as an adult what youve created around you proves that you do in fact know everything
When I was a kid I sure as hell couldn't say hmmm I want to drop it all and go to Rome for 4 days
now I feel cheated if I dont Why would I cheat myself?

you got me there. I bought a trip to California just a few days ago with some friends. Definitely couldn't have done that if I were a minor.
everyone smiles in the same language
Richford (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 177
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008

Forum Posts: 2857
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:14 pm

A few more things I've learned in life:

- It's not that hard to see through the actions of someone else.

- People who spend a lot of time and energy talking about how ugly they think you are and looking for characters from horror movies to compare your selfie to but are too afraid to even show their appearance just need to be laughed at and brushed off.

- What miserable people who spend hours daily talking about me think about me does not matter in the slightest. My quality of life doesn't lessen because an unhappy person dislikes me.

- Some people, no matter how old they claim they are, will never grow up and develop past middle school and learn to think for themselves rather than rely on the mentality of the herd.

- Some people are incapable of telling the truth. Just ignore them.

- Some people have too much pride to ever apologize for any of their actions and wrong-doings. No matter how in the wrong they truly are. You'll only hurt yourself by expecting too much from someone like that.
Last edited by MsPhantom (129173078) on Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10571
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:32 am

Postby elleV (153978634) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:03 am

I wish my younger self knew that social reputation doesn't really matter and that it's better to be alone than to have a group of fake friends :(
elleV (153978634)
YoWorld Level: 225
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2010

Forum Posts: 2277
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:05 am

Stockpile cigs milk bread while they were all 19 cents
Christ I can remember often My Dad giving me a dollar saying get me a pack of cigs and a loaf of bread get some candy with the change
and id sit with a brown bag full caramels and pretzels on the corner for an hour lol get home dad would like If I didn't need them in a hurry id have sent a slower runner

Postby Fayeless (186188531) » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:20 am

wish my kid self knew that i will never be able to quit this game and should've left my old items and didnt delete them. :haha:

wish my kid self knew that it's ok to have many friends and that attachment should have a limit. they have their lives, other friends to attend to, and so do i... and i shouldnt get jealous if theyre calling other people their best friend, because best friends don't have to be a pair; you can be 3, or four, or 10 and call yourselves best friends. but i'm glad i realized it now that im still quite young... because life is a wonderful thing and friends make your life the best. whether they be your family, schoolmates, or animals or just a stranger you pass by everyday in the same old route you take.
______________________________________________________formerly weirdo
Fayeless (186188531)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 07, 2015

Forum Posts: 4392

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:16 pm

yuan s Y (186188531) wrote:wish my kid self knew that i will never be able to quit this game and should've left my old items and didnt delete them. :haha:

wish my kid self knew that it's ok to have many friends and that attachment should have a limit. they have their lives, other friends to attend to, and so do i... and i shouldnt get jealous if theyre calling other people their best friend, because best friends don't have to be a pair; you can be 3, or four, or 10 and call yourselves best friends. but i'm glad i realized it now that im still quite young... because life is a wonderful thing and friends make your life the best. whether they be your family, schoolmates, or animals or just a stranger you pass by everyday in the same old route you take.

bolded part killed me :haha: :haha: :haha:
Nick Blade (187030201)

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:27 pm

this-------the bottom of a Gatorade frost bottle is made to hold the cap

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 43575
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:33 pm

had I known that Google would be such a huge change in our lives ( I had gmail by invite only at the time) that search and all parts of Google-I would have invested in stock-I do own some stock in other companies but not as gigantic as Google!

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 268
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 43575
Forum Title: YoManiac

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions