Hair Envy

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Hair Envy

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sun May 26, 2019 5:34 pm

I've had wild curly hair my whole life and I hate everything about it. I've wished my entire life for straight hair like my sister and mom. I've always heard the saying, "Women with curly hair want straight hair and women with straight hair want curly hair." Do you think there's any truth to this statement? Does anyone else experience major hair envy?

Sorry for the superficial thread. Just curious to see if the statement above actually hits home with anyone else.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 9787
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Hair Envy

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Sun May 26, 2019 6:23 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I've had wild curly hair my whole life and I hate everything about it. I've wished my entire life for straight hair like my sister and mom. I've always heard the saying, "Women with curly hair want straight hair and women with straight hair want curly hair." Do you think there's any truth to this statement? Does anyone else experience major hair envy?

Sorry for the superficial thread. Just curious to see if the statement above actually hits home with anyone else.

My hair has never been real straight nor really curly. I would have liked either one. Instead, it has some curl or wave, but way too much frizz. It's always been very thick and rather coarse, which I used to hate, but recently lost a lot because of being under anesthesia for over 4 hours and am very happy that it's growing back in. Now, I will never complain about my unruly hair and will love every strand!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465
Wish: Animated Electric Guitar HH YMCA2018

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 3284
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Cereza (160279019) » Sun May 26, 2019 8:09 pm

My hair is naturally straight and I have ALWAYS wanted curly hair like my sister. :haha: I think I just get tired of my hair being a certain way, and I feel a desire for something new.
ImageImage

Cereza (160279019)
YoWorld Level: 249
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2010

Forum Posts: 319
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Sun May 26, 2019 9:09 pm

I have naturally straight hair and I like it that way. It's fine, but I have a lot of it so it looks thick. I do like to curl it sometimes :)
...............................Image

FILTHY (152622928)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 2428
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Doodler (10729465) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I've had wild curly hair my whole life and I hate everything about it. I've wished my entire life for straight hair like my sister and mom. I've always heard the saying, "Women with curly hair want straight hair and women with straight hair want curly hair." Do you think there's any truth to this statement? Does anyone else experience major hair envy?

My hair has never been real straight nor really curly. I would have liked either one. Instead, it has some curl or wave, but way too much frizz. It's always been very thick and rather coarse, which I used to hate, but recently lost a lot because of being under anesthesia for over 4 hours and am very happy that it's growing back in. Now, I will never complain about my unruly hair and will love every strand!

I've had to deal with frizzy hair my entire life. I understand the struggle all too well. :wailing:

I've never heard of hair loss due to anesthesia. I didn't even know that was something that happened. Thank you for letting me know!
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sun May 26, 2019 11:06 pm

Cereza (160279019) wrote:My hair is naturally straight and I have ALWAYS wanted curly hair like my sister. :haha: I think I just get tired of my hair being a certain way, and I feel a desire for something new.

I would kill for straight hair. Well maybe not kill. It blows my mind that anyone would want the curse that is naturally curly hair. :haha:
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Mon May 27, 2019 3:03 am

I have naturally curly hair. It did go straight when I was severely anemic -- a lot of it fell out & it grew back in straight. It was bizarre.Then my husband made the fatal mistake of saying he preferred me with straight hair vs curly & I informed him that he should have married a woman who has straight hair!

My mom was always jealous of how thick my hair is, and many women have been envious of my curls. The only thing I like is that I've learned to embrace the curliness and so I don't do anything to provoke the insanity that could ensue -- I NEVER blow dry my hair & I never get it thinned (did that once & it was a disaster).
ImageImage

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 9182

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon May 27, 2019 3:23 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I have naturally curly hair. It did go straight when I was severely anemic -- a lot of it fell out & it grew back in straight. It was bizarre.Then my husband made the fatal mistake of saying he preferred me with straight hair vs curly & I informed him that he should have married a woman who has straight hair!

My mom was always jealous of how thick my hair is, and many women have been envious of my curls. The only thing I like is that I've learned to embrace the curliness and so I don't do anything to provoke the insanity that could ensue -- I NEVER blow dry my hair & I never get it thinned (did that once & it was a disaster).

I've never heard of hair falling out and growing back in a different texture/pattern. How long did your hair remain straight before the curliness came back?

I'm also the curly-haired daughter of a straight-haired woman. It was difficult growing up because my mom never knew how to deal with curly hair. That combined with being a kid in the 2000's when pin-straight, sleek hair was highly sought after made me grow up with the notion that all curly hair must be manipulated straight with flat irons. Something that I still do to this day.

They do make diffusers specifically for women with curly-hair so that they can blow dry their hair while maintaining their curls. I've never used one but I think you might be interested. It's used in the video that I linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HszBf-CJeVE
MsPhantom (129173078)

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Tue May 28, 2019 12:12 am

LOL, yes! Whenever I cut my hair, I always want my long hair back. And when my hair's long again, I want to cut it! It's a never ending cycle.
ImageImage
JeNNy (175442028)
YoWorld Level: 240
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 05, 2011

Forum Posts: 666
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Fri May 31, 2019 11:42 am

My hair is somewhere in the middle. Neither straight not really curly. My grandma always said I had "Spaghetti curls".
I would be happy with either straight or curly but hating this halfway hair. :haha:
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 439
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 26912
Forum Title: YoManiac

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:49 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I have naturally curly hair. It did go straight when I was severely anemic -- a lot of it fell out & it grew back in straight. It was bizarre.Then my husband made the fatal mistake of saying he preferred me with straight hair vs curly & I informed him that he should have married a woman who has straight hair!

I've never heard of hair falling out and growing back in a different texture/pattern. How long did your hair remain straight before the curliness came back?

I'm also the curly-haired daughter of a straight-haired woman. It was difficult growing up because my mom never knew how to deal with curly hair. That combined with being a kid in the 2000's when pin-straight, sleek hair was highly sought after made me grow up with the notion that all curly hair must be manipulated straight with flat irons. Something that I still do to this day.

They do make diffusers specifically for women with curly-hair so that they can blow dry their hair while maintaining their curls. I've never used one but I think you might be interested. It's used in the video that I linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HszBf-CJeVE

Sorry, I don't check this forum all the time.
My hair was straight for a few months. I can't explain why it did that, but it had something to do my my severe anemia. Eventually my hair returned to its curliness, but I've had to have iron infusions periodically to combat my anemia.
ImageImage

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 9182

Return to General Discussions