Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

Postby May (110044468) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Please change the ones that were purchased before the alteration back to solid, this is only fair as we didn't buy them like that, then give us a choice of transparent or solid. Really hoping for an answer on this, David promised he would look into it before he left.

Hey TUSCANY and everyone else who's commented,

The Teleport Arrow issue is something that was recently brought to my attention, and I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for not being aware of it before then. In the CM transition, the feedback on these arrows seems to have been accidentally overlooked.

With that said, I'm happy to let you know that I have re-opened the topic with the Viking team, and we're seeing what can be done to help you all out! Stay tuned! :)

So it’s been about two weeks and I’m just checking to get an update on the Arrow Fiasco.

I’m just gonna start calling it the Arrow Fiasco because that is how it feels & that is how much it has impacted my enjoyment of the game. I have slowed down my decorating ($) because the invisible arrows are so hard to work with & I am discouraged from adding rooms. I don’t even have the heart to look at my old houses with messed up (now invisible) arrows.

And when the interior house floor plan is so wonky that it needs arrows added to redirect room flow (looking at you Groovy House) —so frustrating! :grr

So Sarah, any updates? Does the team realize what a big deal this is to some of us? :?:
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 2453
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Rain (110294179) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:07 pm

To be honest, I never noticed the change in the arrows until just recently.

I realize now, that's because I have used them only on very dark floors, so they were perfectly visible to me.

But I recently tried them on a different surface, and have to agree with the general consensus: They become practically invisible.

I'd personally prefer if they looked the same as the normal arrows that are attached to the homes, etc. :thumbsup:

Thank you to all my wonderful YoWorld friends. You are the reason why I am here and I love you ALL.
Rain (110294179)
YoWorld Level: 368
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 7940
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby May (110044468) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:39 pm

May (110044468) wrote:
Viking Sarah wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Please change the ones that were purchased before the alteration back to solid, this is only fair as we didn't buy them like that, then give us a choice of transparent or solid. Really hoping for an answer on this, David promised he would look into it before he left.

Hey TUSCANY and everyone else who's commented,

The Teleport Arrow issue is something that was recently brought to my attention, and I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for not being aware of it before then. In the CM transition, the feedback on these arrows seems to have been accidentally overlooked.

With that said, I'm happy to let you know that I have re-opened the topic with the Viking team, and we're seeing what can be done to help you all out! Stay tuned! :)

So it’s been about two weeks and I’m just checking to get an update on the Arrow Fiasco.

I’m just gonna start calling it the Arrow Fiasco because that is how it feels & that is how much it has impacted my enjoyment of the game. I have slowed down my decorating ($) because the invisible arrows are so hard to work with & I am discouraged from adding rooms. I don’t even have the heart to look at my old houses with messed up (now invisible) arrows.

And when the interior house floor plan is so wonky that it needs arrows added to redirect room flow (looking at you Groovy House) —so frustrating! :grr

So Sarah, any updates? Does the team realize what a big deal this is to some of us? :?:

So now it has been 7 weeks since the Arrow Fiasco was brought back to the attention of the Viking Team after it had previously been overlooked for a long time. Any updates?

Another great theme with lots of potential to add outdoor avenues. Another occurrence of frustrating paying customers who never asked for all our arrows to be messed up in the first place. Please just restore our arrows to the way they were.

May (110044468)

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:56 pm

May, I think they might be working on a way for us to be able to adjust their opacity. If that is indeed what they are doing, or if their are just hoping we will forget and get used to these invisibles – I do not care about any of that at all.

I think the tens to hundreds of arrows that we bought prior to this change with full opacity should be changed back into their original state since those transparent ones can not be seen at all in half of rooms and can be barely seen in the other half.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby May (110044468) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:35 pm

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:May, I think they might be working on a way for us to be able to adjust their opacity. If that is indeed what they are doing, or if their are just hoping we will forget and get used to these invisibles – I do not care about any of that at all.

I think the tens to hundreds of arrows that we bought prior to this change with full opacity should be changed back into their original state since those transparent ones can not be seen at all in half of rooms and can be barely seen in the other half.

Agreed. Their first priority should be to restore the arrows back to the way they were.

That’s why any delay is so frustrating. We bought YC arrows the way we wanted them & then they were arbitrarily changed & now we have no option of purchasing a viewable arrow. They can play around with opacity later if they want.

May (110044468)

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:12 pm

It would be nice if you could click on the arrow in edit mode and choose what shading you wanted it to be kind of like the paint boards transparent or not. That would be great for everyone who already has them in rooms and wants them one way or the other. I have no idea how hard or if something like that could be done but the thought of it is nice. :)

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 9073

Postby JanYOJ (111158537) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:35 pm

I certainly understand the frustration...I put down red floor lights next to the transparent teleport arrows so people can tell where to exit a room and go to the next room. works for me. A lot of the things that get changed annoys me..and I really do wish they wou poll us first and find out what our reaction would be to certain things...after all , if it wasn't for us...there would be nobody to support the game. :) :bye:
JanYOJ (111158537)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 79
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900) » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:26 pm

If they don't get money, they'll take a hint.
" Logic will get you from A-Z; Imagination will take you everywhere." - Albert Einstein
Visit Me! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11088409
NoahxRPPxRPA (185873900)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 18, 2014

Forum Posts: 5089
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:15 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:I would like a choice. I love the transparent ones because I hated how ugly the old ones were. People have to work to find their way around in my houses! I used to have to do all kinds of things to hide them that completely changed a room sometimes.
Thats why I would like the choice. I know some dont like them, but I dont want to go back to the old ones either.
totally agree I love the new transparent ones they work well in my rooms, I found the non transparent didn't blend in at all. A choice would be good for those that don't like the new look.
FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 9020

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:48 pm

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:There could never be a middle ground.

How about keeping the old ones as they were when we bought them, and releasing new ones that will be trasparent like they are now? That is what they should have done. Everybody would have been happy.

But the most important thing is that this should not have happened in the first place. There should have been somebody in the bloody team who should have said – "Hey David, but what about the others who like those arrows as they are? Won't they be mad if we change the tens to hundreds of arrows they already bought to the point they will be basically invisible in half of their rooms?" (David was the one who brought this up to the team and who we can thank for this "fix").

They should make those already purchased arrows look as they did before this "fix" and release new transparent ones.

What they have done is stolen our money. Harsh? Maybe. But absolutely true and ignoring the problem won't make it go away. We bought the arrows as they were originally released and now many of us are left with a ton of unusable items. I want to connect my Lord of the Rings rooms to the new castle and I can't find a way to do it so they show up. I'm going to look into the legalities for how BVG can get away with this since we spent real life dollars on those arrows.

The only answer is to give us both as YoJohn mentioned. I don't care how much work it takes to fix it, but BVG, it needs to be fixed and immediately. Please.
Last edited by Girl Detective (113683590) on Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Are you looking for a particular inexpensive, but vaulted decor item? If so, please visit this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203638

Girl Detective (113683590)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 3760

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:25 pm

Girl Detective (113683590) wrote:

How about keeping the old ones as they were when we bought them, and releasing new ones that will be trasparent like they are now? That is what they should have done. Everybody would have been happy.

But the most important thing is that this should not have happened in the first place. There should have been somebody in the bloody team who should have said – "Hey David, but what about the others who like those arrows as they are? Won't they be mad if we change the tens to hundreds of arrows they already bought to the point they will be basically invisible in half of their rooms?" (David was the one who brought this up to the team and who we can thank for this "fix").

They should make those already purchased arrows look as they did before this "fix" and release new transparent ones.

What they have done is stolen our money. Harsh? Maybe. But absolutely true and ignoring the problem won't make it go away. We bought the arrows as they were originally released and now many of us are left with a ton of unusable items. I want to connect my Lord of the Rings room to the new castle and I can't find a way to do it so they show up. I'm going to look into the legalities for how BVG can get away with this since we spent real life dollars on those arrows.

The only answer is to give us both as YoJohn mentioned. I don't care how much work it takes to fix it, but BVG, it needs to be fixed and immediately. Please.

This is exactly how I feel it didn't take them long to change them in the first place so shouldnt take long to change them back or at least change the ones that were purchased in original format and then give us a choice. This has been so frustrating time consuming and costly trying to make them visible.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3920

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:00 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:

What they have done is stolen our money. Harsh? Maybe. But absolutely true and ignoring the problem won't make it go away. We bought the arrows as they were originally released and now many of us are left with a ton of unusable items. I want to connect my Lord of the Rings room to the new castle and I can't find a way to do it so they show up. I'm going to look into the legalities for how BVG can get away with this since we spent real life dollars on those arrows.

This is exactly how I feel it didn't take them long to change them in the first place so shouldnt take long to change them back or at least change the ones that were purchased in original format and then give us a choice. This has been so frustrating time consuming and costly trying to make them visible.

And time consuming and costly to build the rooms in the first place based on the way the arrows were when we purchased them. That's the whole reason we made all those extra rooms right???

I really thought they would change them back when we started voicing our concerns months ago and I agree it should be easy to change them back. They have to realize many of us won't stop asking for them to make it right and the problem will never go away until they fix it for both those who purchased the original arrows and for those who purchased the transparent ones.
Are you looking for a particular inexpensive, but vaulted decor item? If so, please visit this thread:

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:33 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:

And time consuming and costly to build the rooms in the first place based on the way the arrows were when we purchased them. That's the whole reason we made all those extra rooms right???

I really thought they would change them back when we started voicing our concerns months ago and I agree it should be easy to change them back. They have to realize many of us won't stop asking for them to make it right and the problem will never go away until they fix it for both those who purchased the original arrows and for those who purchased the transparent ones.

Sarah did say she would look into it so fingers crossed eh :wailing:

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:56 am

Is this still a thing? How come? Why? Why is that? Hmmm?
:D

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12842
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:04 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:If you can draw a triangle, you can fashion an arrow using a coin paint board with a transparent background and place it near or on the transparent arrow. Draw a triangle and fill it in with a grey that looks like the old arrows. Kind of a stupid solution, but it works for now. They really need to give us BOTH arrow types. As much as I like the transparent ones for some rooms, they really don't work well in many other rooms.

I will try this as I too am fed up with these pale arrows. Thank you, Lisa!!

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 372

Forum Posts: 9260

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:05 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Sarah did say she would look into it so fingers crossed eh :wailing:

Has Sarah posted back anywhere about this? I really, really need those transport arrows fixed.

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:21 pm

I finally heard back from BVG on a ticket I submitted a while ago. I can't post what they said, but they gave me the run around about how they are trying to make everyone happy. So many excuses! We paid good money (REAL money) for those original darker arrows, and we should be given what we paid for, no buts about it. If they think we are going to disappear into the void about this, they have another thing coming. Attaching my rooms with the darker arrows is the only reason I still play this game and I will not shut up about it.

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Girl Detective (113683590) wrote:I finally heard back from BVG on a ticket I submitted a while ago. I can't post what they said, but they gave me the run around about how they are trying to make everyone happy. So many excuses! We paid good money (REAL money) for those original darker arrows, and we should be given what we paid for, no buts about it. If they think we are going to disappear into the void about this, they have another thing coming. Attaching my rooms with the darker arrows is the only reason I still play this game and I will not shut up about it.

i dont see why it matters .. Sorry not understanding.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 9555

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 am

ZipLocket (144540244) wrote:
Girl Detective (113683590) wrote:I finally heard back from BVG on a ticket I submitted a while ago. I can't post what they said, but they gave me the run around about how they are trying to make everyone happy. So many excuses! We paid good money (REAL money) for those original darker arrows, and we should be given what we paid for, no buts about it. If they think we are going to disappear into the void about this, they have another thing coming. Attaching my rooms with the darker arrows is the only reason I still play this game and I will not shut up about it.

i dont see why it matters .. Sorry not understanding.

If you spent hundreds of yc on items and they changed the format so that those items are invisible in your rooms then you would understand why it matters. :thumbsup:

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:11 am

I sincerely hope there is a choice between old and new I have spent a small fortune on the new ones and prefer transparent. I am sorry I am on the opposite side of the fence.
FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 9020

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions