Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:17 am

Snorty (3054329) wrote:I would like a choice. I love the transparent ones because I hated how ugly the old ones were. People have to work to find their way around in my houses! I used to have to do all kinds of things to hide them that completely changed a room sometimes.
Thats why I would like the choice. I know some dont like them, but I dont want to go back to the old ones either.

Same for me. I think the old ones are an eye sore and prefer the new ones, but we should definitely have a choice. I also think in some rooms with really light floors, the old ones work better. I know where I have the new ones placed, but like you said, people have to work to find their way around and probably don't even see them on some floors so they don't tour. I'd love to be able to use both depending on my flooring.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16918
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Kio (185180932) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:43 am

I dont mind them as is but i have to admit for OCD reasons i like them to match with normal stagnant arrows so that it looks like a seamless match rather than obvious which are part of the floor plan & which was added. But i'll be okay either way...
:D
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 262
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 11187
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:40 am

Kio (185180932) wrote:I dont mind them as is but i have to admit for OCD reasons i like them to match with normal stagnant arrows so that it looks like a seamless match rather than obvious which are part of the floor plan & which was added. But i'll be okay either way...
:D

So much this! As a fellow OCD sufferer, I can relate to this and it bugs me sometimes. I can live with it but I really notice it and am bugged by it in certain rooms. I wish I could be as OCD about my real place as I am with my yo houses :haha:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16918
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:56 am

I'm definitely in the camp of those that want them to be seen. I've added them to some rooms just because those room arrows have been lost under the floor tiles.
The red death had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal -- the madness and the horror of blood.
The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 348
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 22223
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby May (110044468) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:57 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:I'm definitely in the camp of those that want them to be seen. I've added them to some rooms just because those room arrows have been lost under the floor tiles.

Same here. I hope they fix this soon. I want all the arrows I purchased over the years to be visible. I put in a ticket & hope they are working on it. They should just put all the arrows back to the way they were originally (when we purchased them) & work on a more invisible optional arrow later.

I’ve actually stopped buying some modular rooms/ avenues because of the invisible arrows.

If people want to hide the arrows they can do so while waiting for a more invisible option. Meanwhile, those who want to see the arrows have no real options for having them seen.

It’s unacceptable & they are losing sales.
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 2453
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:00 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I can feel your frustration. They fix things that never needed fixing and ignore the biggest flaws in the game. :(

So true and the BIGGEST ISSUES is the layering! I really don't understand after all the complaints over the years about the layering how they can't get it right!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1932
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Chase (109598274) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:04 pm

Yes, please change the arrows back.

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2744
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:09 pm

Chase (109598274) wrote:Yes, please change the arrows back.

Awesome outfit monsieur!
:love: :hug:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12842
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:09 am

Please change the ones that were purchased before the alteration back to solid, this is only fair as we didn't buy them like that, then give us a choice of transparent or solid. Really hoping for an answer on this, David promised he would look into it before he left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3920
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Riff (185643699) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:32 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Please change the ones that were purchased before the alteration back to solid, this is only fair as we didn't buy them like that, then give us a choice of transparent or solid. Really hoping for an answer on this, David promised he would look into it before he left.

he also said wall tiles would all work correctly from now on too, this was at the beginning of the year. bvg you should watch what changes and promises your staff make before they leave. i barely decorate anymore but i can definitely understand the frustrations
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 12094
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:24 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Please change the ones that were purchased before the alteration back to solid, this is only fair as we didn't buy them like that, then give us a choice of transparent or solid. Really hoping for an answer on this, David promised he would look into it before he left.

he also said wall tiles would all work correctly from now on too, this was at the beginning of the year. bvg you should watch what changes and promises your staff make before they leave. i barely decorate anymore but i can definitely understand the frustrations

Agreed Riff

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Viking Sarah » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:57 pm

Hey TUSCANY and everyone else who's commented,

The Teleport Arrow issue is something that was recently brought to my attention, and I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for not being aware of it before then. In the CM transition, the feedback on these arrows seems to have been accidentally overlooked.

With that said, I'm happy to let you know that I have re-opened the topic with the Viking team, and we're seeing what can be done to help you all out! Stay tuned! :)

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 310

Forum Posts: 722
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:15 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:

Hey TUSCANY and everyone else who's commented,

The Teleport Arrow issue is something that was recently brought to my attention, and I'd like to offer my sincere apologies for not being aware of it before then. In the CM transition, the feedback on these arrows seems to have been accidentally overlooked.

With that said, I'm happy to let you know that I have re-opened the topic with the Viking team, and we're seeing what can be done to help you all out! Stay tuned! :)

Brilliant thank you so much! :hug:

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Chase (109598274) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:50 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Chase (109598274) wrote:Yes, please change the arrows back.

Awesome outfit monsieur!
:love: :hug:

Thanks, looking pretty debonair yourself. :)

Also thanks Viking Sarah and Mario for bringing this issue back up to the BVG team.

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 2744
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby SLEEPY (160149118) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm

I understand everyone's frustration with the arrows, but I like the purchased ones to be different looking so I know I am using a teleport because every single time I use a teleport my game disconnects--- so I like having the warning that it is a teleport and not a regular door! Maybe they can make the teleport arrows in different colors or something so they show up but so people still know it is a teleport so they can choose not to be disconnected.
If we do not change our direction, we are likely to end up where we are headed.
-- Chinese Proverb
SLEEPY (160149118)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2010

Forum Posts: 148
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:31 pm

SLEEPY KoY (160149118) wrote:I understand everyone's frustration with the arrows, but I like the purchased ones to be different looking so I know I am using a teleport because every single time I use a teleport my game disconnects--- so I like having the warning that it is a teleport and not a regular door! Maybe they can make the teleport arrows in different colors or something so they show up but so people still know it is a teleport so they can choose not to be disconnected.

That disconnect happens if you use the arrows, visit any public spot, or any event if you've been in game for about 20 minutes. It's an old bug that has never been addressed. If you've been in game for less time, they'll work properly...
:thumbsup:

Erwyle (187240896)

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:32 pm

SLEEPY KoY, I found that happening to me (being disconnected and forced to refresh) when I have been in game for a while (like over 20 minutes). If you refresh regularly on your own you should be able to use them without being forced to refresh.

Looks like Erwyle and I were writing at the same time. :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:34 pm

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:There could never be a middle ground.

How about keeping the old ones as they were when we bought them, and releasing new ones that will be trasparent like they are now? That is what they should have done. Everybody would have been happy.

But the most important thing is that this should not have happened in the first place. There should have been somebody in the bloody team who should have said – "Hey David, but what about the others who like those arrows as they are? Won't they be mad if we change the tens to hundreds of arrows they already bought to the point they will be basically invisible in half of their rooms?" (David was the one who brought this up to the team and who we can thank for this "fix").

They should make those already purchased arrows look as they did before this "fix" and release new transparent ones.

I totally agree with this! I spent quite a bit of YC on the original arrows because they worked for making my tours. Now all those homes and rooms are worthless. No one can find the arrow to proceed to the next room. THIS is the reason I've stopped decorating. And that means, no playing for the most part for me. No playing means I don't spend money on the game anymore, so BVG has lost a good bit of revenue.
I feel very betrayed by BVG for doing this to those of us who bought those arrows in good faith. :grr
Are you looking for a particular inexpensive, but vaulted decor item? If so, please visit this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203638

Girl Detective (113683590)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 3760

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:45 pm

What about giving us a choice of what they look like?! :D

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 604
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:40 am

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:What about giving us a choice of what they look like?! :D

That would be nice right?
;)

Erwyle (187240896)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions