Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

Postby Frosty Mario (104376062) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:48 pm

This is getting super annoying cant do a room with arrows now they blend in so well and cant see the arrows your fixing things that dose not need fixing your not listing to us many of us might like the new way and many of us like the old way if you want to change an item you need to ask us that purchased them first or put two sep arrows out please please sort it out.

Frosty Mario (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 16470
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:50 pm

I can feel your frustration. They fix things that never needed fixing and ignore the biggest flaws in the game. :(
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 318
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11977
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby LiL MaMa (149099631) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:51 pm

I wish we could gift the free arrows. I never use them.
LiL MaMa (149099631)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2010

Forum Posts: 3358
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:57 pm

I think the new arrows look nice. There could never be a middle ground. I have seen players who wanted them entirely invisible, and now I see players who want them to look stronger.

I honestly thought they looked hideous the way they looked before. Matched with nothing. Though I do think there should be consistency. If the new teleport arrows are gonna look like this, then make every old arrow look the same. And if that cannot be done, make the new arrows look like the old ones.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Frosty Mario (104376062) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:58 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I think the new arrows look nice. There could never be a middle ground. I have seen players who wanted them entirely invisible, and now I see players who want them to look stronger.

I honestly thought they looked hideous the way they looked before. Matched with nothing.

The thing is that with the arrows before they edited them people know what rooms to go to but with the new arrows they blend in with many colours and cant see them unless we put something ontop of arrows to show people where to go.

Frosty Mario (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 16470

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:00 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I think the new arrows look nice. There could never be a middle ground. I have seen players who wanted them entirely invisible, and now I see players who want them to look stronger.

I honestly thought they looked hideous the way they looked before. Matched with nothing.

The thing is that with the arrows before they edited them people know what rooms to go to but with the new arrows they blend in with many colours and cant see them unless we put something ontop of arrows to show people where to go.

I can see what you mean. One flaw I do see with the new arrows is that they don't match the old ones and that can trip players up as to what to look for. I thought the point of teleport arrows were that we could blend them in with other normal arrows seamlessly.
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 7732
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Moon Maiden (144063105) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:34 pm

I don't like them either. I tend to lose them in the room, and have to search for them.
Moon Maiden (144063105)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 04, 2010

Forum Posts: 604
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:03 pm

I see the problem. Well dang. Won't this bother the decorates that asked for it to be this way? Then somebody posts this title "BVG what are you doing?". And its a rant about why fix something that was never broken etc. We need a happy medium with these arrows. I like the suggestion of a set transparent and a set solid. The only problem is when you get the free room.
Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 6238
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:There could never be a middle ground.

How about keeping the old ones as they were when we bought them, and releasing new ones that will be trasparent like they are now? That is what they should have done. Everybody would have been happy.

But the most important thing is that this should not have happened in the first place. There should have been somebody in the bloody team who should have said – "Hey David, but what about the others who like those arrows as they are? Won't they be mad if we change the tens to hundreds of arrows they already bought to the point they will be basically invisible in half of their rooms?" (David was the one who brought this up to the team and who we can thank for this "fix").

They should make those already purchased arrows look as they did before this "fix" and release new transparent ones.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808

Postby Moon Maiden (144063105) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:38 pm

Poor David lol he did have them changed because so many wanted them to blend better. I wish we could choose both. Some rooms would do better with the opaque ones, and other room require the solid silver ones.
Moon Maiden (144063105)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 04, 2010

Postby Cherry HaeChanYeol (185764466) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 pm

I use this tiles over arrows to make them more visibles

"No matter how difficult something is, I will always be positive and smile like an idiot" -Loey
BTS NCT B.A.P EXO SF9 Red Velvet TXT Stray Kids Frames Fix Tip
Cherry HaeChanYeol (185764466)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 01, 2014

Forum Posts: 1389
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Mon May 06, 2019 3:11 am

Well, this answers my question. I just bought a new set of Arrows - the first set in awhile - & now that I've placed one in the Relaxation Retreat Backyard, I can barely see the darn thing. No one else is going to know it's there & no one will visit my added room! Maybe I'll have add a sign! :thumbsup:

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 3133

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Tue May 07, 2019 3:03 am

Put the old ones back to how they were when we bought them from the point in which they were changed!!!! then give us a choice in yo depot. These things are useless now on any background other than a plain dark floor. :wailing:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TUSCANY (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3908

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue May 07, 2019 3:13 am

If you can draw a triangle, you can fashion an arrow using a coin paint board with a transparent background and place it near or on the transparent arrow. Draw a triangle and fill it in with a grey that looks like the old arrows. Kind of a stupid solution, but it works for now. They really need to give us BOTH arrow types. As much as I like the transparent ones for some rooms, they really don't work well in many other rooms.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16624

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Tue May 21, 2019 9:53 am

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:

How about keeping the old ones as they were when we bought them, and releasing new ones that will be trasparent like they are now? That is what they should have done. Everybody would have been happy.

But the most important thing is that this should not have happened in the first place. There should have been somebody in the bloody team who should have said – "Hey David, but what about the others who like those arrows as they are? Won't they be mad if we change the tens to hundreds of arrows they already bought to the point they will be basically invisible in half of their rooms?" (David was the one who brought this up to the team and who we can thank for this "fix").

They should make those already purchased arrows look as they did before this "fix" and release new transparent ones.

Please Please Put them back to how they were when we bought them

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby May (110044468) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:05 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Put the old ones back to how they were when we bought them from the point in which they were changed!!!! then give us a choice in yo depot. These things are useless now on any background other than a plain dark floor. :wailing:

Agreed. Please put the arrows back to the way they were. They don’t show up in most rooms now. This discourages me from decorating & purchasing.

Please put the arrows back the way they were. I have actually designed & purchase less now because the arrows cannot be seen in light grass, sand, light floors, etc. So frustrating— and so unnecessary. :dizzy: :grr
"Bloom Where You are Planted" --Saint Francis de Sales

Dr Who House || Groovy Nature Walk || Amusement Park

May (110044468)
YoWorld Level: 367
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 2451
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:

I was just going to say David was supposedly in the process of fixing the fix when he left so now we're left hanging. The best of all worlds would be a setting for opacity from 0-10. Each user could then select the desired contrast. Barring that, old way, new way and maybe rainbow?
:party:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 12706
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby TUSCANY (184148760) » Tue May 21, 2019 10:26 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:

I was just going to say David was supposedly in the process of fixing the fix when he left so now we're left hanging. The best of all worlds would be a setting for opacity from 0-10. Each user could then select the desired contrast. Barring that, old way, new way and maybe rainbow?
:party:

Any way as long as they show up like they used to....hmm Rainbow :haha:

TUSCANY (184148760)

Postby Dex Dexter (131354847) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:06 am

I've lost TWO of these things because I can't SEE them!!! :grr

Dex Dexter (131354847)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Postby SnortyIsEvil (3054329) » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:32 am

I would like a choice. I love the transparent ones because I hated how ugly the old ones were. People have to work to find their way around in my houses! I used to have to do all kinds of things to hide them that completely changed a room sometimes.
Thats why I would like the choice. I know some dont like them, but I dont want to go back to the old ones either.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

SnortyIsEvil (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 10944
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions