Sales and Gem events

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Sales and Gem events

Postby Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 am

I wonder if anyone else gets a little put off attending sales knowing full well they will be stocked up with furniture from the store from gem events :nerd: I have noticed since gem events were introduced sales that sell discontinued items are become less frequent, which is making it a lot harder to find items :sad:

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 8079
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Sales and Gem events

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:30 am

I haven’t even had the urge to go to a furniture sale event in a year. Between the price jacking and the over-saturation of worthless items that everyone owns, I cannot find a single reason to attend a furniture sale event.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 9210

Postby judy (220800) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 am

i never ever go to them now not for a long time they scare me lol
judy (220800)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: May 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 1065
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:43 am

Honestly all I see at sales are mobile app items. I dread going to sales now. I dont even want to have my own, lol. Also so many instore coin items, uggggg, peeps pick out really nice coin items and pawn em off as yc items or discontinued, just ugg, sales as a whole i no longer enjoy. Its sad
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
When it comes to living, and this World, there isn't enough love in the atmosphere to keep me here.:heartbroken:
MY WISHLIST (click here)

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 10904
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:03 am

Only thing I'm stocking up is coins, mostly other people's coin, ty for shopping at bu77-mart everything flying to never never yoLand. :haha:
bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 216
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 1288

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:06 am

I use this comes in handy.

bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 216
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 1288

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 am

Talking about sales, I have noticed. In-game most sales are selling gem event items and on the forums, there are mostly want-to-buys. I am stuck stalking the Auction House. A decent sale is too rare. My horse hunting is not as easy as it was 2 years ago. :shocked: :sad:

Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 5880
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:47 pm

Yes the sales (not only in the events, but also in auction house and especially in Trading sub-forum) seem to be stagnating.

But I keep on visiting them anyway. Because every once in a while I will stumble upon item that I wanted for a while for a price I am ready to pay, and sometimes even deals where I can't believe it is actually happening and that the seller is indeed going to sell me the item for the price they advertised.

There is not many of them but they are still out there.

It is logical that players are trying to sell the items they care about the least (which are often indeed the items they got for free from events), but if it were not for those, they might have been selling things we would consider even worse.

If they had items of more value that they would not have hard time getting rid of (emotionaly) do you think they would bother reposting the events, sitting glued to the screen in hopes of making a few coins selling items most players already have plenty of?

I know I would not.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 2583
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm

BVG did this. They made items harder to come by for some categories, which means players are keeping what they get instead of reselling them. And IF they choose to resell they will do so only at premium prices - and often get what they ask for. This makes a good sale with lots of items under 100k very tough to find and big sales with many items over 1M very common. All of this means fewer event sales and customers. People spend the majority of their selling/shopping time in the AH now - and I don't blame them at all. If I started playing this week, I probably wouldn't waste a minute generating coins outside the AH. It is too much of a headache, there's too many morons, and too few good players even trying any more. Sad but true......

I love and I treasure individuals as I meet them. I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to. - George Carlin
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30953
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51 pm

Truth. I stopped bothering going to sales for about a year as well. It is such a pain now to try and find anything in this game that has been discontinued. Unless you're a really dedicated item-hunter and want it really bad, & have all the time in the world to sit and wait, it is an utmost challenge. I have tried to make my own WTB events and usually give up after about 6 tries, where not a single person will ever come. It sucks because when the inspiration hits it is very discouraging to learn that all the items you want are lost to the obscurity of player's accounts who may or may not even play anymore. So many old items are just almost impossible to come by. Unless I sit on trading pages all day making charts & graphs of what I'm looking for etc then I feel there is just not much of a chance. I have had times where I wanted to shop or find items, but couldn't, far too many times to count. It is the nature of this game though I guess.

Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 9590

Postby sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm

I just visited a few sales the other day and they are not what they use to be. You can find some good ones sometimes but they are rare.I did buy a few things from one girl though she had like 10 rooms of things had them all labeled and priced pretty fairly I can imagine the time it took but think I only seen 2 other people the entire time I was there. Mainly all you see is the items that have been flooded into the game. I think that part of the game has died and honestly do not see anyway it can make a come back not with how the game is now. Yea auction house is still good but even it is not what it use to be. I always loved sales for the interactions I have meet many old friends just by sale events and its sad to see it gone. :sad:

sNaPCraCkLeNPoP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 7699

Return to YoWorld Discussions