Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contests!!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:

It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room

Normal Room

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.

I did the demonstration in a regular room to get the screenshots! But, I had the same issue in the Challenge room with the shed and it would only go in the same areas as a regular non-challenge room with the black space disabled!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1153
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:

It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room

Normal Room

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.

It's the same as any blackspace.

YoWorld has two types of decor items, those not locked onto a grid, and those which are. In black space, you can place those not locked to a grid, but you can't place those which are.

That's the best I've ever heard that described. Nice...
:thumbsup:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10706
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:

Challenge Room

Normal Room

It's the same as any blackspace.

YoWorld has two types of decor items, those not locked onto a grid, and those which are. In black space, you can place those not locked to a grid, but you can't place those which are.

I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

Ta :drink:
“Creativity is intelligence having fun" ~ Albert Einstein

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 6883
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:48 pm

The entire area across the width of the room where my shed is, is where the blackspace begins. I nudged the shed as far back as I could place it, without it returning to my inventory. So that's a pretty large area that won't allow certain types of items -- as Liam said, the ones that are gridded like couches, most buildings, etc aren't able to be placed in that area or above it in the room. That's about half the space there. If would be very limiting if you didn't cover the entire room with grass or other background-type decor to use to hide things.

It gets very discouraging and frustrating when you're trying to do a contest room and have to work against blackspace in addition to a poor connection, game glitches, and other factors. Patience and persistence is the key, and sometimes there just isn't enough of those two things OR time!

ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 9672
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

The best way to describe it is to show you.

This is an item not locked to the "grid":

And this is an item which is:

The black space in YoWorld stops items on that grid from being placed outside of the grid, when you turn black space decorating on, the item can be placed there, but still moves like its stuck on a grid. Other items are free and can be dragged anywhere you like (ie. floor tiles).

It seems like, for whatever reasons, the gem event rooms are set to black space decorating off, and that means you can only place things which are not on the grid there.

For example, this is a gem event room from the Icelandic Escape theme. The floor tile can be placed on the Home, which is black space, but the sofa can't.

And this isn't an official explanation, but that's how the items are coded in YoWorld. I think Bliss (the YouTuber) mentioned it in a video once.

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 23988
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

The black space in YoWorld stops items on that grid from being placed outside of the grid, when you turn black space decorating on, the item can be placed there, but still moves like its stuck on a grid. Other items are free and can be dragged anywhere you like (ie. floor tiles).

It seems like, for whatever reasons, the gem event rooms are set to black space decorating off, and that means you can only place things which are not on the grid there.

For example, this is a gem event room from the Icelandic Escape theme. The floor tile can be placed on the Home, which is black space, but the sofa can't.

And this isn't an official explanation, but that's how the items are coded in YoWorld. I think Bliss (the YouTuber) mentioned it in a video once.

EXCELLENT explanation and graphics, Liam! Thanks!
ImageImage

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
EXCELLENT explanation and graphics, Liam! Thanks!

No problem :D

Leeum (130695460)

Postby oO Gypsy Oo (8955035) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 pm

I agree!
oO Gypsy Oo (8955035)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 2281
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Brooklyn Janet (103395798) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.

I LITERALLY bought my current laptop for this capability . . . Im insane....it doesnt work now hahahahahaha sucks!!
Brooklyn Janet (103395798)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 150
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Thanks for that Liam - I'm going to nag over in the glitch thread to see if they'll answer 'officially' because we've been banging-on about this forever and I don't recall ever seeing an answer or explanation :drink:
“Creativity is intelligence having fun" ~ Albert Einstein

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 6883

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:

Thanks for that Liam - I'm going to nag over in the glitch thread to see if they'll answer 'officially' because we've been banging-on about this forever and I don't recall ever seeing an answer or explanation :drink:

No problem!

I hope it's sorted out soon or I hope we at least get some sort of actual explanation.

Leeum (130695460)

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 pm

It is frustrating. They should remove it. It takes more time trying to decorate without the item spawning back into your invo. Please remove it Vikings?

Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 6220

Postby BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 pm

I hate blackspace SO much!! I remember how hard it was back in the day to do the left/right/click/ place trick. Cant even use THAT anymore. Please get rid of the blackspace!
If you really want people to notice you, be a typo.
Im Pure Michigan
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82323030
BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 1391

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Brooklyn Janet (103395798) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.

I LITERALLY bought my current laptop for this capability . . . Im insane....it doesnt work now hahahahahaha sucks!!

I got insane carpal tunnel using the trackpad on my old laptop way back, and that mouse worked so well! Really stupid that they don’t allow black space for the gem rooms. Wish they’d chime in on this.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15807
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.
bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 223
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 1288

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 pm

If black space decorating was enabled in a Challenge room it would have to be the empty room as the others have items anchored in them! Make it easy and give the one empty room, so everyone has the same blank slate to work with!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 1153
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Probably in the near future it could possibly happen, I hope it does come to be for you because I can see how passionate you are about this topic, good luck. :thumbsup:
bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 223
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 1288

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:23 pm

bu773rfly (393723) wrote:Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.

That is not what we're talking about. Black space decorating does not refer to black spaces in the rooms and or what device you're using. It refers to the ability to put certain items in the black spaces. Our homes have the option to enable black space decorating, so the gem rooms should, as well.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15807
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
bu773rfly (393723) wrote:Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.

That is not what we're talking about. Black space decorating does not refer to black spaces in the rooms and or what device you're using. It refers to the ability to put certain items in the black spaces. Our homes have the option to enable black space decorating, so the gem rooms should, as well.

:idea: :)
Oh yes. :heart:
I can't do what I want to do - and I'm getting frustrated. Not good
I love my wee bucket.... :)
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 5712

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:

I'm neutral about this.

Thanks, Lisa. You have much more patience than I do in this regard. :hug:
ImageImage

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions