Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contests!!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Jade (136873125) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:34 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:


It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

Image

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room
Image

Normal Room
Image

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.


I did the demonstration in a regular room to get the screenshots! But, I had the same issue in the Challenge room with the shed and it would only go in the same areas as a regular non-challenge room with the black space disabled!
User avatar
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1885
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:37 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:


It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

Image

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room
Image

Normal Room
Image

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.


It's the same as any blackspace.

YoWorld has two types of decor items, those not locked onto a grid, and those which are. In black space, you can place those not locked to a grid, but you can't place those which are.


That's the best I've ever heard that described. Nice...
:thumbsup:
Image
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 12713
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: At the corner of healthy and happy :)

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Jade (136873125) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Theresa (122233016) wrote:i have no idea what black space you mean? lol. i used the empty room and put bits everywhere so not sure which bits are black space? :?: :D

It's an odd one, for sure and I have a feeling that 'fixing' it isn't an easy proposition.

Like the Iceland room the other day........the water area actually would take items but only certain ones and as tiresome as it is trying to find bits that work, if you can be bothered to persevere, you will find them.

Same this time around. The grass at the back had the same anomaly - it would take certain bushes which could be positioned easily, but with others it behaved exactly like black space.

Without wanting to make anyone's head explode......I don't think the blackspace is actually disabled at all :shh:


It most definitely is disabled in the Challenge Rooms! I turned it off and placed some sheds as far as they would go with the black space disabled, without having to put it in the top right corner! Then I Enabled the black space decorating and I could put the shed anywhere in the room!

Image

Okay, couple of things - it's not possible to turn it off in the challenge rooms because we don't have the same Home Information interface that we have in our 'normal' rooms. The challenge room Home Information interface does not have the Blackspace Decorating option in it:

Challenge Room
Image

Normal Room
Image

The room you've turned it off in, is therefore, not a challenge room.............correct me if I'm wrong? So not right really to use it for your demonstration because we all already know how blackspace works in standard rooms.

Like Theresa and I were saying, it *is* possible to decorate into the 'blackspace' it just needs to be very specific items. For that reason, I do not personally believe it's a typical blackspace issue at all - IMO, it's something to do with how those rooms are coded in order for them to be used for the challenges.


It's the same as any blackspace.

YoWorld has two types of decor items, those not locked onto a grid, and those which are. In black space, you can place those not locked to a grid, but you can't place those which are.

I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

Ta :drink:
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7617
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:48 pm

The entire area across the width of the room where my shed is, is where the blackspace begins. I nudged the shed as far back as I could place it, without it returning to my inventory. So that's a pretty large area that won't allow certain types of items -- as Liam said, the ones that are gridded like couches, most buildings, etc aren't able to be placed in that area or above it in the room. That's about half the space there. If would be very limiting if you didn't cover the entire room with grass or other background-type decor to use to hide things.

It gets very discouraging and frustrating when you're trying to do a contest room and have to work against blackspace in addition to a poor connection, game glitches, and other factors. Patience and persistence is the key, and sometimes there just isn't enough of those two things OR time!

Image
ImageImage Image
*I see you on your high horse.*
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13161
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:54 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

Ta :drink:


The best way to describe it is to show you.

This is an item not locked to the "grid":
Image

And this is an item which is:
Image

The black space in YoWorld stops items on that grid from being placed outside of the grid, when you turn black space decorating on, the item can be placed there, but still moves like its stuck on a grid. Other items are free and can be dragged anywhere you like (ie. floor tiles).

It seems like, for whatever reasons, the gem event rooms are set to black space decorating off, and that means you can only place things which are not on the grid there.

For example, this is a gem event room from the Icelandic Escape theme. The floor tile can be placed on the Home, which is black space, but the sofa can't.

Image

And this isn't an official explanation, but that's how the items are coded in YoWorld. I think Bliss (the YouTuber) mentioned it in a video once.
User avatar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 25784
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:02 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

Ta :drink:


The best way to describe it is to show you.

This is an item not locked to the "grid":
Image

And this is an item which is:
Image

The black space in YoWorld stops items on that grid from being placed outside of the grid, when you turn black space decorating on, the item can be placed there, but still moves like its stuck on a grid. Other items are free and can be dragged anywhere you like (ie. floor tiles).

It seems like, for whatever reasons, the gem event rooms are set to black space decorating off, and that means you can only place things which are not on the grid there.

For example, this is a gem event room from the Icelandic Escape theme. The floor tile can be placed on the Home, which is black space, but the sofa can't.

Image

And this isn't an official explanation, but that's how the items are coded in YoWorld. I think Bliss (the YouTuber) mentioned it in a video once.


EXCELLENT explanation and graphics, Liam! Thanks!
ImageImage Image
*I see you on your high horse.*
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13161
Forum Title: YoWild

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:03 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
EXCELLENT explanation and graphics, Liam! Thanks!


No problem :D
User avatar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 25784
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby oO Gypsy Oo (8955035) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:10 pm

I agree!
User avatar

oO Gypsy Oo (8955035)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2308
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: NS, Canada ▮♥▮

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Brooklyn Janet (103395798) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:28 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.



I LITERALLY bought my current laptop for this capability . . . Im insane....it doesnt work now hahahahahaha sucks!!
User avatar
Brooklyn Janet (103395798)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 150
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

Ta :drink:


The best way to describe it is to show you.

This is an item not locked to the "grid":
Image

And this is an item which is:
Image

The black space in YoWorld stops items on that grid from being placed outside of the grid, when you turn black space decorating on, the item can be placed there, but still moves like its stuck on a grid. Other items are free and can be dragged anywhere you like (ie. floor tiles).

It seems like, for whatever reasons, the gem event rooms are set to black space decorating off, and that means you can only place things which are not on the grid there.

For example, this is a gem event room from the Icelandic Escape theme. The floor tile can be placed on the Home, which is black space, but the sofa can't.

Image

And this isn't an official explanation, but that's how the items are coded in YoWorld. I think Bliss (the YouTuber) mentioned it in a video once.

Thanks for that Liam - I'm going to nag over in the glitch thread to see if they'll answer 'officially' because we've been banging-on about this forever and I don't recall ever seeing an answer or explanation :drink:
User avatar

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 343
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7617
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Leeum (130695460) wrote:
Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:I give them a hard time when I feel it's deserved, but even I couldn't believe them to be so bloody-minded as to disable that feature deliberately.

If it's as simple as turning an 'off' switch 'on' surely they'd have done it by now?

Those challenge rooms don't behave as standard rooms for other reasons too (can't remember all of them but don't think teleport arrows work in them for example) so maybe whatever it is that they've done to them to make the challenge room ready, doesn't allow for this feature to be used?

Thanks for the explanation about the blackspace though - where did you read that please? I'd like to see it in context, if possible?

Ta :drink:


The best way to describe it is to show you.

This is an item not locked to the "grid":
Image

And this is an item which is:
Image

The black space in YoWorld stops items on that grid from being placed outside of the grid, when you turn black space decorating on, the item can be placed there, but still moves like its stuck on a grid. Other items are free and can be dragged anywhere you like (ie. floor tiles).

It seems like, for whatever reasons, the gem event rooms are set to black space decorating off, and that means you can only place things which are not on the grid there.

For example, this is a gem event room from the Icelandic Escape theme. The floor tile can be placed on the Home, which is black space, but the sofa can't.

Image

And this isn't an official explanation, but that's how the items are coded in YoWorld. I think Bliss (the YouTuber) mentioned it in a video once.

Thanks for that Liam - I'm going to nag over in the glitch thread to see if they'll answer 'officially' because we've been banging-on about this forever and I don't recall ever seeing an answer or explanation :drink:


No problem!

I hope it's sorted out soon or I hope we at least get some sort of actual explanation.
User avatar

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 25784
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:37 pm

It is frustrating. They should remove it. It takes more time trying to decorate without the item spawning back into your invo. Please remove it Vikings?
User avatar
Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 6238
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Transmitting from the Equestraverse

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby CANDEED YHAMZ (120422896) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:42 pm

I hate blackspace SO much!! I remember how hard it was back in the day to do the left/right/click/ place trick. Cant even use THAT anymore. Please get rid of the blackspace!
If you really want people to notice you, be a typo.
Im Pure Michigan
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82323030
User avatar
CANDEED YHAMZ (120422896)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1494
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Near Uranus checking for sticks. Ohp! Found one.

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Brooklyn Janet (103395798) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Yep! It's beyond frustrating! I remember back before we had black space decorating for normal rooms and there was a trick with the mouse you could use where you'd "throw" the items into the spaces. I got a cheap mouse with a left and right button to do this. I wonder if that works on the gem rooms :idea: :?: I might give that a try and see if it still works.



I LITERALLY bought my current laptop for this capability . . . Im insane....it doesnt work now hahahahahaha sucks!!


I got insane carpal tunnel using the trackpad on my old laptop way back, and that mouse worked so well! Really stupid that they don’t allow black space for the gem rooms. Wish they’d chime in on this.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16630
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: undisclosed

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:28 pm

Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.
Image
User avatar
bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 227
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1288
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: In God's loving hands.

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Jade (136873125) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 pm

If black space decorating was enabled in a Challenge room it would have to be the empty room as the others have items anchored in them! Make it easy and give the one empty room, so everyone has the same blank slate to work with!
User avatar
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1885
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby bu773rfly (393723) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:55 pm

Probably in the near future it could possibly happen, I hope it does come to be for you because I can see how passionate you are about this topic, good luck. :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar
bu773rfly (393723)
YoWorld Level: 227
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 09, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 1288
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: In God's loving hands.

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:23 pm

bu773rfly (393723) wrote:Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.


That is not what we're talking about. Black space decorating does not refer to black spaces in the rooms and or what device you're using. It refers to the ability to put certain items in the black spaces. Our homes have the option to enable black space decorating, so the gem rooms should, as well.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 331
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16630
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: undisclosed

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby Lainie (124009750) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:42 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
bu773rfly (393723) wrote:Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.


That is not what we're talking about. Black space decorating does not refer to black spaces in the rooms and or what device you're using. It refers to the ability to put certain items in the black spaces. Our homes have the option to enable black space decorating, so the gem rooms should, as well.

:idea: :)
Oh yes. :heart:
I can't do what I want to do - and I'm getting frustrated. Not good
I love my wee bucket.... :)
User avatar
Lainie (124009750)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5982
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: On my Wee Bucket

Re: Please enable black space decorating for Gem room contes

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
bu773rfly (393723) wrote:Just my apartment has black space and it's not much even if I full screen it, must be only P.C. users have all this extra black space.

I'm neutral about this.


That is not what we're talking about. Black space decorating does not refer to black spaces in the rooms and or what device you're using. It refers to the ability to put certain items in the black spaces. Our homes have the option to enable black space decorating, so the gem rooms should, as well.


Thanks, Lisa. You have much more patience than I do in this regard. :hug:
ImageImage Image
*I see you on your high horse.*
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13161
Forum Title: YoWild

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions