Notre Dame de Paris :(

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Notre Dame de Paris :(

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:21 am

judy (220800) wrote:they have raised over 1 billion for it so fingers crossed it will be put back to its former glory :)

Wow! Over 1 billion? That's great! I bet the biggest contributor is The Vatican.

“Nothing that we despise in other men is inherently absent from ourselves. We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or don't do, and more in light of what they suffer.”

― Bonhoeffer

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 395
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 11933
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Rod (126579776) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 pm

I saw an amazing story about this tragedy. It appears as if 2 sources were given permission by the Vatican to use current technology to map the entire structure of Notre Dame. One source is a professor of historical architecture at Vassar college and the other is the ASSASSIN'S CREED VIDEO GAME. Who would have ever thought a video game mapping exercise would ever be put to use for anything besides gaming? The CBS story said that the data from both sources is more precise than any existing pictures and will most likely provide all design data need to accurately rebuild TO THE MILLIMETER.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I love and I treasure individuals as I meet them. I loathe and despise the groups they identify with and belong to. - George Carlin
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 251
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 30953
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm

Elmer (126579776) wrote:I saw an amazing story about this tragedy. It appears as if 2 sources were given permission by the Vatican to use current technology to map the entire structure of Notre Dame. One source is a professor of historical architecture at Vassar college and the other is the ASSASSIN'S CREED VIDEO GAME. Who would have ever thought a video game mapping exercise would ever be put to use for anything besides gaming? The CBS story said that the data from both sources is more precise than any existing pictures and will most likely provide all design data need to accurately rebuild TO THE MILLIMETER.

Yeah thats really good heard about it on website that there going to use the game to rebuild it but said it might take upto 5 years to rebuild it.

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 335
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 15626
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:56 pm

Elmer (126579776) wrote:I saw an amazing story about this tragedy. It appears as if 2 sources were given permission by the Vatican to use current technology to map the entire structure of Notre Dame. One source is a professor of historical architecture at Vassar college and the other is the ASSASSIN'S CREED VIDEO GAME. Who would have ever thought a video game mapping exercise would ever be put to use for anything besides gaming? The CBS story said that the data from both sources is more precise than any existing pictures and will most likely provide all design data need to accurately rebuild TO THE MILLIMETER.

Now that's really AMAZING! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: This game company beats The Vatican, lol. I bet they are busy now with requests from various governments asking to map their historical buildings! :haha: Thanks for the info, Rod. Very encouraging news!

“Nothing that we despise in other men is inherently absent from ourselves. We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or don't do, and more in light of what they suffer.”

― Bonhoeffer

Stardust (186190305)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:01 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:

Yeah thats really good heard about it on website that there going to use the game to rebuild it but said it might take upto 5 years to rebuild it.

Five years is fast! I thought it would take at least a decade. I am wondering now, will the Cathedral be opened for the public during the reconstruction? :?: I'd love to visit just to see the scorched parts. They will be gone forever, lol.
I still can't help feeling the reconstruction will be like a partial knockoff of branded good :sad:

― Bonhoeffer

Stardust (186190305)

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:19 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
judy (220800) wrote:they have raised over 1 billion for it so fingers crossed it will be put back to its former glory :)

Wow! Over 1 billion? That's great! I bet the biggest contributor is The Vatican.

I haven't heard anything about a contribution from the Vatican. Two rich French businessmen are the two I've heard about - one pledged 100 million euros & the other 600 million. One is Salma Hayek's husband. Oh, and the University of Notre Dame pledged $100, 000.

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 2637
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:18 am

ChloePumpkin (176209997) wrote:

I haven't heard anything about a contribution from the Vatican. Two rich French businessmen are the two I've heard about - one pledged 100 million euros & the other 600 million. One is Salma Hayek's husband. Oh, and the University of Notre Dame pledged $100, 000.

You got your dachshund pet, Chloe! Yay! :party:

As to The Vatican not donating, that's so stingy of them? I hope the Pope will say something soon and contribute.

― Bonhoeffer

Stardust (186190305)

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:51 pm

ChloePumpkin (176209997) wrote:

You got your dachshund pet, Chloe! Yay! :party:

As to The Vatican not donating, that's so stingy of them? I hope the Pope will say something soon and contribute.

Thanks, Stardust! I'm over the moon about him!!! :heart:

I heard on the news that they're supposed to be taking up a collection in the churches for it. Oh, and Disney is kicking in $5. I wonder if they're will be a statue of Mickey Mouse put out front! LOL [It's a joke, peeps. Please don't get mad at me!!]

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 2637
Forum Title: YoLover

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions