[UPDATE] Weekend Bugs - What's Been Squashed (Mon, Apr 15th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [UPDATE] Weekend Bugs - What's Been Squashed (Mon, Apr 1

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:33 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:Does Cam ever get tired of spending twice as many hours to fix things as it takes to get them right the first time? Or is there some inherent bonus tied to output and no penalty for rework? There's a lot wrong with the error rate on new content and no one seems interested in eliminating the problems and increasing accuracy prior to the content going live.

I'm glad you guys have the resources to fix all the problems. I just wish they were applied to getting things right the first time. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :star: :star: :trophy: :star: :star:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10921
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:Not that it's here nor there, but the new pets are coming out with the Reindeer Lestock's name, but are saying the Collie's phrases (the one from the 50s theme -- "I'm a melon collie" "I herd you"or such). So it's not just Lestock mixed in there, but at least 2 pets in addition to the past few that have been released.

yep! spot on :thumbsup: ... and things don't just need a fix, they need a permanent fix so it doesn't happen again and again
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 10921

Postby BrandonPLUSH (3852887) » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:05 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:
BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:Thank you for the update. Tier 8 of the gem event is giving out the Clickable Cozy Cabin Bar Shelf, which is from the Tier 5 Clickable Cozy Cabin Bar Pack. I think the Tier 8 item should be the Animated Cozy Cabin Lake EMA2019 which is shown in the database but not in any of the tiers.

Okay! I finally have an answer for this! We had to do a little digging which is why it took a bit longer to get back to you, so your patience is definitely appreciated.

Once again YoFans have donned their detective hats and solved a mystery. You're right that the Tier 8 prize should have been the Animated Cozy Cabin Lake. Because of the inherent risk in meddling with the reward system once it has gone live, our team will be mass granting this item to all eligible players who should have received the correct Tier 8 prize this upcoming Friday, after the Spring has Sprung event ends.

I will update you all again when this mass granting has been done and when you can expect to find the Animated Cozy Cabin Lake in your inventory. Thanks again for all of your hard work in discovering and alerting us to this issue! :) :hug:

Awesome, thank you :)
Join PLUSH Trade Center on Facebook here!
Check out my space station! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11234815
Click here to see all recent Viking posts!
BrandonPLUSH (3852887)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 20, 2008

Forum Posts: 1496
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:25 am

New bugs:
1. A couple friends HEARD me enter a room with the April Fool's sticker entrance. They said they heard music playing. I was completely unaware there was any sound attached to the entrance. Granted, I usually keep my laptop volume off unless I want to play with items here that make sounds or forget to turn it off after watching videos or facetiming or whatever. So I thought that was interesting, and left the room and came back in with my volume up, but I didn't hear anything and neither did they! So I was curious and cleared my cache, which I do daily, and still no sounds. If that's a silly April Fool's joke, that's cool, and kinda funny. But color me confused.

2. After tonight's cache clear, my settings had changed without my resetting them! I had to turn sounds back on because I had flipped them off and then back on again (still no sounds with the entrance) AND, I had the new decorating mode, which I did not change. I had played with the sound settings, yes, but just off and then on. But after a cache clear, they were off. And I didn't touch the shop at home settings, but they were automatically changed, so I had to change them back. What's up with this? :eh:

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15807
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:52 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:New bugs:
1. A couple friends HEARD me enter a room with the April Fool's sticker entrance. They said they heard music playing. I was completely unaware there was any sound attached to the entrance. Granted, I usually keep my laptop volume off unless I want to play with items here that make sounds or forget to turn it off after watching videos or facetiming or whatever. So I thought that was interesting, and left the room and came back in with my volume up, but I didn't hear anything and neither did they! So I was curious and cleared my cache, which I do daily, and still no sounds. If that's a silly April Fool's joke, that's cool, and kinda funny. But color me confused.

2. After tonight's cache clear, my settings had changed without my resetting them! I had to turn sounds back on because I had flipped them off and then back on again (still no sounds with the entrance) AND, I had the new decorating mode, which I did not change. I had played with the sound settings, yes, but just off and then on. But after a cache clear, they were off. And I didn't touch the shop at home settings, but they were automatically changed, so I had to change them back. What's up with this? :eh:

Just a thought about 1. Maybe it was your friends' April Fools joke a little late? :D And yeah the settings reset after clearing cookies. Maybe those should be kept on the server instead of a cookie? ;)

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10750

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:53 am

Ok, so this isn't a bug, but the new pigtail hair has a design flaw. It only works with the default ears. It looks like a chunk of hair is missing from above to below the ear. I like to hide the ears so she doesn't look like a dorkus malorkus by using those weird shaped flat ears but they look even worse than these. :)

...............................Image

FILTHY (152622928)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 10, 2010

Forum Posts: 2527
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Lori (131347843) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:03 am

FILTHY (152622928) wrote:Ok, so this isn't a bug, but the new pigtail hair has a design flaw. It only works with the default ears. It looks like a chunk of hair is missing from above to below the ear. I like to hide the ears so she doesn't look like a dorkus malorkus by using those weird shaped flat ears but they look even worse than these. :)

:shocked:

It's missing a huge long piece on that one side and that hole above the ear looks dreadful! I wish I would have seen this before wasting 27 YC on boxes. I didn't even end up with any double hairs and just got 2 brown and 1 ash brown, which are colours I rarely wear and now I won't wear them for sure if it isn't fixed. :sad:

I love that dorkus malorkus description, though. :haha:

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3091
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:07 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:
FILTHY (152622928) wrote:Ok, so this isn't a bug, but the new pigtail hair has a design flaw. It only works with the default ears. It looks like a chunk of hair is missing from above to below the ear. I like to hide the ears so she doesn't look like a dorkus malorkus by using those weird shaped flat ears but they look even worse than these. :)

:shocked:

It's missing a huge long piece on that one side and that hole above the ear looks dreadful! I wish I would have seen this before wasting 27 YC on boxes. I didn't even end up with any double hairs and just got 2 brown and 1 ash brown, which are colours I rarely wear and now I won't wear them for sure if it isn't fixed. :sad:

I love that dorkus malorkus description, though. :haha:

:haha: I always change the ears so I noticed this straight away. It's a shame, it's a pretty hair.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Lori (131347843) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:08 am

This rare, with ten minutes left in the AH, is at over 2 million coins and now that i saw the above post all I can see is the piece missing on the one side and it looks awful. Whoever pays 2 million for this won't be pleased.

Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3091

Postby Zora (104950217) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:14 am

I would really just like to be able to play the game at all since Tuesday havent been able to get past 100% loading on both puffin and desktop gameroom....wondering if the waterfall fix or some item or update broke my and a few other players games...

Zora (104950217)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 5119
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:15 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:This rare, with ten minutes left in the AH, is at over 2 million coins and now that i saw the above post all I can see is the piece missing on the one side and it looks awful. Whoever pays 2 million for this won't be pleased.

I hope they fix it. I really don't like the default ears as I'm sure many others don't either. It really does look awful.

FILTHY (152622928)

Postby Mojo (11721472) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Can you add fixing the lag issue every 5 seconds no matter what your doing in game is so annoying :wailing: ty
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-11721472
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Mojo (11721472)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 1181

Postby Mojo (11721472) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:15 pm

Mojo (11721472) wrote:Can you add fixing the lag issue every 5 seconds no matter what your doing in game is so annoying :wailing: ty

We never had that problem before so not sure what is causing it now would be nice to see it fixed :rose:
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/index.php?d=APLiving-11721472
Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.

Mojo (11721472)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 1181

Postby Zora (104950217) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:49 pm

Was hoping maintenance could fix whatever issue has had me and a few others from being able to get into the game but it hasnt...we are still stuck on 100% loading and cant get into the game. Guess ours must be a special case....sigh....

Zora (104950217)
YoWorld Level: 347
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 5119

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:34 pm

Is blackspace decorating turned off in the Gem Event challenge rooms?

We've been asking for ages now if it can be turned on please and if not - is there an explanation as to why?

Ta :drink:
“Creativity is intelligence having fun" ~ Albert Einstein

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 6883

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:43 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Not really a weekend bug, but rather one for today. Lamb Chick Onesie NPC ER2019 s/b Lamb Onesie NPC ER2019...
:thumbsup:

Thank you for fixing this...

New question: is there any explanation coming for the recent changes to facial features? Is it accident, intent or...? It would be awesome to know.
:D

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 10750

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Not really a weekend bug, but rather one for today. Lamb Chick Onesie NPC ER2019 s/b Lamb Onesie NPC ER2019...

Thank you for fixing this...

New question: is there any explanation coming for the recent changes to facial features? Is it accident, intent or...? It would be awesome to know.

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. I haven't tested all of mine yet, but if my favorites, or really all of them change, I'm not gonna be a happy Yo.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15807
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Bookworm J (129336295) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 am

Viking Sarah wrote:
BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:Thank you for the update. Tier 8 of the gem event is giving out the Clickable Cozy Cabin Bar Shelf, which is from the Tier 5 Clickable Cozy Cabin Bar Pack. I think the Tier 8 item should be the Animated Cozy Cabin Lake EMA2019 which is shown in the database but not in any of the tiers.

Okay! I finally have an answer for this! We had to do a little digging which is why it took a bit longer to get back to you, so your patience is definitely appreciated.

Once again YoFans have donned their detective hats and solved a mystery. You're right that the Tier 8 prize should have been the Animated Cozy Cabin Lake. Because of the inherent risk in meddling with the reward system once it has gone live, our team will be mass granting this item to all eligible players who should have received the correct Tier 8 prize this upcoming Friday, after the Spring has Sprung event ends.

I will update you all again when this mass granting has been done and when you can expect to find the Animated Cozy Cabin Lake in your inventory. Thanks again for all of your hard work in discovering and alerting us to this issue! :) :hug:

Thank you !! can't wait to see it!

Bookworm J (129336295)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 1754
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:19 am

The Clickable Cozy Cabin Lights from the current event do not have a theme code (EMA2019) in their name. Do you plan fixing that?
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3514

Postby FILTHY (152622928) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:21 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:

Yes, please. I'm a little old for the got ya nose game :haha:

FILTHY (152622928)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions