Deleting friends

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Deleting friends

Postby JanYOJ (111158537) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:59 pm

I had brought this up before a couple of years ago and nothing was done..it is very frustrating to have a Facebook friend that you communicate with regularly but does not play the game anymore. They won't block the game either...for whatever reason but have said they are never coming back to Yo. There is no way currently to remove that friend from the buddy list UNLESS they are removed from Facebook first. I don't want to do that. Does anybody else have this problem?? :sad:

JanYOJ (111158537)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 69
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Deleting friends

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:03 pm

We all have the same problem unfortunately. As far as I'm aware, there is no other way to remove unless we also remove from our friends on Facebook. I think it must be a Facebook thing connected to the game, rather than a problem with the game itself.

Very frustrating I know, but unless BVG go independent of Facebook, I think we are stuck with things as they are
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury

Queenie (108874167)
YoWorld Level: 390
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 3120
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm

JanYOJ (111158537) wrote:I had brought this up before a couple of years ago and nothing was done..it is very frustrating to have a Facebook friend that you communicate with regularly but does not play the game anymore. They won't block the game either...for whatever reason but have said they are never coming back to Yo. There is no way currently to remove that friend from the buddy list UNLESS they are removed from Facebook first. I don't want to do that. Does anybody else have this problem?? :sad:

i wouldn't bank on that either.... i had really old Yoville friends who not only don't play and haven't for years but when i looked at their FB they hadn't even been on there for years. i unfriended but i still can't remove from buddy list. also i have an old work colleague that i don't want to remove from my friends on FB but he hasn't played for 9 years! i can actually 'unbuddy' him funnily enough BUT he keeps coming back! i've unbuddied him about 20 times now! :shocked: :haha:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 9706
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby JanYOJ (111158537) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:51 pm

"i wouldn't bank on that either.... i had really old Yoville friends who not only don't play and haven't for years but when i looked at their FB they hadn't even been on there for years. i unfriended but i still can't remove from buddy list. also i have an old work colleague that i don't want to remove from my friends on FB but he hasn't played for 9 years! i can actually 'unbuddy' him funnily enough BUT he keeps coming back! i've unbuddied him about 20 times now! :shocked: " :haha:[/quote

How do you 'unbuddy' them? I have friends that won't block the game and they don't play..at all and I would like something done about it. I don't think Facebook has anything to do with it as Queenie mentioned. I may be wrong.

JanYOJ (111158537)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 69
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:51 pm

Yes, we all have that problem. I even have a couple of people that show up as FB Friends in the game but I can't find their accounts on FB. They haven't played in years & their accounts are apparently gone, but I can't get rid of them. I've even tried going thru my FB Friends list, in the hope that they changed their names but that doesn't seem to have happened. I guess it's a glitch. :sad:

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 327
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 2749
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby LiL MaMa (149099631) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:54 pm

That is weird cause I had old friends in yoworld that no longer play and I have them as facebook friends. I was able to remove with no issue :eh:
WELCOME

LiL MaMa (149099631)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 09, 2010

Forum Posts: 2753

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:59 pm

JanYOJ (111158537) wrote: How do you 'unbuddy' them? I have friends that won't block the game and they don't play..at all and I would like something done about it. I don't think Facebook has anything to do with it as Queenie mentioned. I may be wrong.

i think it's just because he has gone over a certain amount of years... i have friends who haven't played for 3, 4 & 5 years and yet i can't unbuddy them without unfriending. for some reason this one friend who is 9yrs can be unbuddied but like i said it doesn't stay like it. he will go and i check a few times and he has still gone then suddenly i forget for weeks maybe a month and when i next check hes back again! :haha:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:06 pm

I don't want to delete my deceased friends. Can't bring myself to do it for some reason. And I don't want to remove those who no longer play in case they decide to return. But with the 1000 cap, I'm forced to cull my list, since we have to add more for the gem events and such :dizzy: Such a pain.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15646
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:32 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:I don't want to delete my deceased friends. Can't bring myself to do it for some reason. And I don't want to remove those who no longer play in case they decide to return. But with the 1000 cap, I'm forced to cull my list, since we have to add more for the gem events and such :dizzy: Such a pain.

oh wow... i go through mine regularly and unbuddy anyone who hasn't played in a week or 2 or more... these are just randoms though who ive added in the gem hang-outs. the ones i unfriended are really old yoville players in the days where we added each other as friends. most stopped using their FB about 5 or 6 years ago so very much doubt they will return. i keep my buddy list around 300 - 350 at the most :D
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:43 pm

JanYOJ (111158537) wrote:"i wouldn't bank on that either.... i had really old Yoville friends who not only don't play and haven't for years but when i looked at their FB they hadn't even been on there for years. i unfriended but i still can't remove from buddy list. also i have an old work colleague that i don't want to remove from my friends on FB but he hasn't played for 9 years! i can actually 'unbuddy' him funnily enough BUT he keeps coming back! i've unbuddied him about 20 times now! :shocked: " :haha:[/quote

How do you 'unbuddy' them? I have friends that won't block the game and they don't play..at all and I would like something done about it. I don't think Facebook has anything to do with it as Queenie mentioned. I may be wrong.

Hey Jan :hug: Facebook is the platform in which the game is played. That is why, when we friend someone on Facebook and they are a Yo player, they automatically show up on our Friends list. That is why I said, unless BVG go independent of Facebook, we could be stuck with this same problem.

On our buddy list, if we hover our mouse over a name, if it has the Facebook "F" this refers to being friends on Facebook (obviously) therefore, we need to remove them from Facebook before we can remove them from our buddy list. Those who are our "buddy only" and not friends on Facebook, have an X next to their name when you hover over it and they can be removed.

I don't think it was always this way, it just seemed to have happened at some point and we blinked and missed it :eh:

Theresa LOL .. I don't know how you manage to unfriend the guy who keeps showing up, that is just too weird - is he a bad penny ? :haha:
ImageImage

I always knew I was a star and now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me. - Freddie Mercury

Queenie (108874167)

Postby Patmin (3374531) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:55 pm

JanYOJ (111158537) wrote:I had brought this up before a couple of years ago and nothing was done..it is very frustrating to have a Facebook friend that you communicate with regularly but does not play the game anymore. They won't block the game either...for whatever reason but have said they are never coming back to Yo. There is no way currently to remove that friend from the buddy list UNLESS they are removed from Facebook first. I don't want to do that. Does anybody else have this problem?? :sad:

If you're still in communication with this facebook friend. Then you can ask your friend for help. While you removed them from Facebook to then remove them from yoworld and then add that friend back to facebook. :thumbsup: :D

Patmin (3374531)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 10, 2008

Forum Posts: 6107
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Jade (136873125) » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:14 pm

It was so easy to remove the people that no longer play when we had the Neighbour's Tab at the top of the game without deleting them as a friend on Facebook! The only reason I think BVG removed that tab was because we could see how many coins and YC another neighbour had! If BVG would remove that info from the Neighbours List and put the tab back then we could easily remove those neighbours that no longer play! This would also be helpful for people to fill their crews in the Factory!

Here is an example of what the list looked like!
Jade (136873125)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 885
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Somewhere not far from BVG in London, Ontario, Canada

Postby Amy Pond (117302962) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:02 am

ChloePumpkin (176209997) wrote:Yes, we all have that problem. I even have a couple of people that show up as FB Friends in the game but I can't find their accounts on FB. They haven't played in years & their accounts are apparently gone, but I can't get rid of them. I've even tried going thru my FB Friends list, in the hope that they changed their names but that doesn't seem to have happened. I guess it's a glitch. :sad:

THIS !!!

Amy Pond (117302962)
YoWorld Level: 377
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 5616
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Queenie (108874167) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:14 pm

I'm hoping one day all of this will be rectified somehow without having to revert back to how it used to be. I didn't like that where everyone and their granny could snoop and see what you had o_o
ImageImage

Queenie (108874167)

Postby ChloePumpkin (176209997) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:23 pm

Queenie (108874167) wrote:I'm hoping one day all of this will be rectified somehow without having to revert back to how it used to be. I didn't like that where everyone and their granny could snoop and see what you had o_o

I didn't like that part, either. On the other hand, it came in handy when you wanted to gift someone & needed to know if they had a certain item [clothing, earrings, etc].

ChloePumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 2749

Return to YoWorld Discussions