Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Paige (10675020) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm

I hate Apple, never owned an apple product and never will
User avatar
Paige (10675020)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 157
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Miss Kitty (167124329) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:03 pm

SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


Are you using the paid version? Also are you on IPhone or Android?



I have the free version & an iPhone, that’s the shocking part! Maybe enough people got angry with them especially if it effected Pokémon go :dizzy:
User avatar
Miss Kitty (167124329)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 285
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Somewhere with cats

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:06 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:I don’t understand why Apple is being such a d*ck they don’t even have their own flash browsers for mobile devices, do they? So what’s the big deal



https://www.lifewire.com/flash-player-for-iphone-1999741

Basically it was war. The article above lays out Apple's reasons...
:nerd:


Interesting read and not surprising companies are so greedy especially Apple
Image
User avatar

SL Stoner69 (180534330)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 14313
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: ♡ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ♡

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:07 pm

Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote:
SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


Are you using the paid version? Also are you on IPhone or Android?



I have the free version & an iPhone, that’s the shocking part! Maybe enough people got angry with them especially if it effected Pokémon go :dizzy:


I just tried on my iPhone to load Yo and it’s just giving me a white screen still :sick:
Image
User avatar

SL Stoner69 (180534330)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 14313
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: ♡ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ♡

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Miss Kitty (167124329) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


I just tried again on my iPhone and no. Are you using iPad? I think I'll take Stardust's advice and wait on this. It would be a bummer to have my facebook account locked...
:shocked:


I’m waiting for a statement from Puffin before I try again lol my sister tried she has the same iPhone as me 7 + if that changes anything and it worked for her too, nothing out of the ordinary, smooth as usual for me when I play on mobile. I just hope it’s fixed. :dizzy:
User avatar
Miss Kitty (167124329)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 285
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Somewhere with cats

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Miss Kitty (167124329) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:16 pm

SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote:
SL Stoner69 (180534330) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


Are you using the paid version? Also are you on IPhone or Android?



I have the free version & an iPhone, that’s the shocking part! Maybe enough people got angry with them especially if it effected Pokémon go :dizzy:


I just tried on my iPhone to load Yo and it’s just giving me a white screen still :sick:


Maybe they’re putting it back on in waves? When it first started not working for on me on Friday my sister had no issues then yesterday the white screen of death appeared. My fingers are crossed lol I’m on vacation in May for a whole week and I’d like to play Yo at least at night. Lol
User avatar
Miss Kitty (167124329)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 285
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Somewhere with cats

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby SL Stoner69 (180534330) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:30 pm

I hope you’re right! It’s honestly the only way I play unless I need to decorate so if it doesn’t get fixed this will be my last time buying yc for a while not to punish BVG but I won’t be able to enjoy it so why spend $$
Image
User avatar

SL Stoner69 (180534330)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2011
 
Forum Posts: 14313
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: ♡ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ♡

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:36 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


I just tried again on my iPhone and no. Are you using iPad? I think I'll take Stardust's advice and wait on this. It would be a bummer to have my facebook account locked...
:shocked:


Good decision! They did not unlock my account even after I sent a picture of my passport, saying it was "not a valid form of identification." (I did take a photo instead of scanning it, maybe that's why.) After protesting, finally they unlocked my Facebook account. Phew! :phew: :phew:

Image

“It is not the monsters we should be afraid of; it is the people that don't recognize the same monsters inside of themselves.”

― Shannon L. Alder
User avatar
Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 395
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 11576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Allergic2Hypocrites

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Miss Kitty (167124329) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


I just tried again on my iPhone and no. Are you using iPad? I think I'll take Stardust's advice and wait on this. It would be a bummer to have my facebook account locked...
:shocked:


Good decision! They did not unlock my account even after I sent a picture of my passport, saying it was "not a valid form of identification." (I did take a photo instead of scanning it, maybe that's why.) After protesting, finally they unlocked my Facebook account. Phew! :phew: :phew:

Image



Were you just logging in repeatedly or refreshing the page more than once? Either way I’m just gonna wait it out I’m too much of a scaredy-cat to lose all my stuff hehe I’ll be keeping an eye on the Puffin Facebook page but since it’s Sunday I doubt they’ll say anything.
User avatar
Miss Kitty (167124329)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 285
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Somewhere with cats

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


I just tried again on my iPhone and no. Are you using iPad? I think I'll take Stardust's advice and wait on this. It would be a bummer to have my facebook account locked...
:shocked:


Good decision! They did not unlock my account even after I sent a picture of my passport, saying it was "not a valid form of identification." (I did take a photo instead of scanning it, maybe that's why.) After protesting, finally they unlocked my Facebook account. Phew! :phew: :phew:

Image



Were you just logging in repeatedly or refreshing the page more than once? Either way I’m just gonna wait it out I’m too much of a scaredy-cat to lose all my stuff hehe I’ll be keeping an eye on the Puffin Facebook page but since it’s Sunday I doubt they’ll say anything.


I just login once on each flash browser (it is troublesome to login and logout repeatedly since I use two-factor identification) but I refreshed many times to see if the browsers would finally load YoWorld or not. Facebook always said that I was using a new device and location not recognized before, then locked my account. :dizzy:
Flash browsers change your location because they act as a VPN.

“It is not the monsters we should be afraid of; it is the people that don't recognize the same monsters inside of themselves.”

― Shannon L. Alder
User avatar
Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 395
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 11576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Allergic2Hypocrites

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:11 pm

Wow :sad: :shocked: .
Image
We are out of rice krispies har har
User avatar

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 366
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7447
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Miss Kitty (167124329) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:22 pm

Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


I just tried again on my iPhone and no. Are you using iPad? I think I'll take Stardust's advice and wait on this. It would be a bummer to have my facebook account locked...
:shocked:


Good decision! They did not unlock my account even after I sent a picture of my passport, saying it was "not a valid form of identification." (I did take a photo instead of scanning it, maybe that's why.) After protesting, finally they unlocked my Facebook account. Phew! :phew: :phew:

Image



Were you just logging in repeatedly or refreshing the page more than once? Either way I’m just gonna wait it out I’m too much of a scaredy-cat to lose all my stuff hehe I’ll be keeping an eye on the Puffin Facebook page but since it’s Sunday I doubt they’ll say anything.


I just login once on each flash browser (it is troublesome to login and logout repeatedly since I use two-factor identification) but I refreshed many times to see if the browsers would finally load YoWorld or not. Facebook always said that I was using a new device and location not recognized before, then locked my account. :dizzy:
Flash browsers change your location because they act as a VPN.


:shocked: Sweet peas in a basket!!! Uuuhhhhh yeah I'mma just wait for Puffin to give the green light to use the app again! I'm glad you were able to get your account back :hug: That must have been one heck of a scary morning for you!
User avatar
Miss Kitty (167124329)
YoWorld Level: 274
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 285
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Somewhere with cats

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote:
Stardust (186190305) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
Miss Kitty (167124329) wrote::shocked: my Puffin app is working again! Is anybody else’s working?


I just tried again on my iPhone and no. Are you using iPad? I think I'll take Stardust's advice and wait on this. It would be a bummer to have my facebook account locked...
:shocked:


Good decision! They did not unlock my account even after I sent a picture of my passport, saying it was "not a valid form of identification." (I did take a photo instead of scanning it, maybe that's why.) After protesting, finally they unlocked my Facebook account. Phew! :phew: :phew:

Image



Were you just logging in repeatedly or refreshing the page more than once? Either way I’m just gonna wait it out I’m too much of a scaredy-cat to lose all my stuff hehe I’ll be keeping an eye on the Puffin Facebook page but since it’s Sunday I doubt they’ll say anything.


I just login once on each flash browser (it is troublesome to login and logout repeatedly since I use two-factor identification) but I refreshed many times to see if the browsers would finally load YoWorld or not. Facebook always said that I was using a new device and location not recognized before, then locked my account. :dizzy:
Flash browsers change your location because they act as a VPN.


:shocked: Sweet peas in a basket!!! Uuuhhhhh yeah I'mma just wait for Puffin to give the green light to use the app again! I'm glad you were able to get your account back :hug: That must have been one heck of a scary morning for you!


It was very scary! I thought I've lost all my YoWorld :wailing:
Thanks! I hope Puffin will soon work again for all Puffin users! :hug:

“It is not the monsters we should be afraid of; it is the people that don't recognize the same monsters inside of themselves.”

― Shannon L. Alder
User avatar
Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 395
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015
 
Forum Posts: 11576
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Allergic2Hypocrites

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Kat (106520804) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:55 pm

At this point I think the only fix is going to be BVG will need to either move us asap to HTML which I have a feeling they are no where near ready to do or fix the desktop app to work on mobile devices and with 32 bit laptops. If they do nothing they are going to lose a lot of players because there are a lot of people that only use a tablet nowadays instead of computers. For me, I use my tablet for everything but decorating because I have back issues and can't sit for any length of time at the computer. and I HATE laptops. I can use it for playing some but since it's an older laptop it's 32 bit and so can't log in on the desktop app with it. I have no desire to spend more on the game until the situation is fixed.
User avatar

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 1092
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:42 pm

For those using Android, see if your phone has the latest update. Puffin pushed out an update on Mar 3, 2019 release 7.7.8.31160 in the Google Play store for Puffin free version. Puffin Pro version update was on Jan 28, 2019 release 7.7.7.31115. Hopefully the update can help. My house have Asus and Xiomi android and the Yoworld on Puffin can work for now. Crossing fingers.
Last edited by Toink Toink (117686344) on Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
We are out of rice krispies har har
User avatar

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 366
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7447
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:02 pm

I'm wondering if it's not just an Apple thing but a push away from flash across all platforms. Flash will become completely obsolete sooner or later, and most are moving away from it now, if they haven't already. The only solution as far as Yo goes is for them to transfer us to HTML5. We may not be able to play on mobile too much longer until that happens, and we won't be able to play at all unless it happens.
Image

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 15072
Forum Title: YoFiend
Location: undisclosed

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:08 pm

True :sad: .
Image
We are out of rice krispies har har
User avatar

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 366
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7447
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Karla KoYxTBY (111966967) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:28 pm

Really sad as this was the only way for me to play. Maybe this is goodbye? :wailing:
User avatar

Karla KoYxTBY (111966967)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Kat (106520804) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:03 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:I'm wondering if it's not just an Apple thing but a push away from flash across all platforms. Flash will become completely obsolete sooner or later, and most are moving away from it now, if they haven't already. The only solution as far as Yo goes is for them to transfer us to HTML5. We may not be able to play on mobile too much longer until that happens, and we won't be able to play at all unless it happens.


I think not just apple because it isn't working on Gary's android phone either. Funny how it stopped working the same day on more than 1 device and for me at least on all of the flash browsers on mobile. I wish I knew why it will work on some and not others. I agree with you though. I think BVG was thinking that it would extend past the end of this year even though they said end of this year and so I think they felt like they still had plenty of time to do the HTML5 thing but I think this is a precursor for just how fast the end of it will come. The same thing is likely to happen on computers as well any time. At that point no one will be playing the game because they will no longer have access to it.
User avatar

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 361
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 1092
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: Yoworld no longer working on Puffin on IOS (iphone etc)

Postby Lucky (128765511) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:28 am

Stardust (186190305) wrote:A warning for iPad and iPhone users: please give up trying to access YoWorld through flash browsers. My Facebook account got locked after I tried to login Facebook using paid Photon, Puffin, and paid CloudBrowser. None worked, and Facebook thought my account was hacked!! They automatically locked my account! I asked them to send me a code to my phone, but it did not work! So as a last resort I sent them my ID (my passport) and only then they unlocked my account!! What a scare! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:


My FB account hast been locked 3 or 4 times since Thursday, I'm pretty sure it was Thursday at least, but I was able to unlock it easily each time by just by having FB text me a code on my phone and then I reset my password.

I don't think I would feel comfortable sending FB a copy of my passport or my id because I have no idea what they would to with it, who they would sell it to, or who would end up with it after hacking into FB's system.
User avatar

Lucky (128765511)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2649
Forum Title: YoLover

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions