Please Vote Fairly

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Please Vote Fairly

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 pm

Taurus (185839344) wrote:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) wrote:
Except not all of us are YC players with tons of alternate things like hats etc. If the challenge avatar has a hat that is not required to be changed and I like the headwear as fitting the costume I want to create, I keep it on.

Anyone who has been in more than one of the costume challenges has alternate items they can use. Just lazy not to change up facial features. Makes every single entry look alike too. I prefer seeing the creative ones. I am not too picky on the costume ones, but they do have to at least change up facial features for my vote. I do also give the nostalgic vote for the newbie type features too, so no money spent on those things LOL!

I have a question for you... personally. i love starter items..like the starter hairs, clothes from way back before we even had theme,starter eyes and mouth and nose etc now if I was to enter a contest and use lots of starter items. would that come across as being lazy or not showing that i actually tried or cared? like imagine i had not said any other that but you saw an avatar with 90% starter items on them, what would your 1st thought be? EDT. i didnt mean to quote anyone, it was just a general question

I don't have any problem with starter features or clothing pieces per se. It just depends on how they are incorporated into the outfit. I look at the big picture and the overall look. If it looks nice to me, I vote. I sometimes vote for silly ones, too. If I get a giggle, they get a vote. I'm not snobby about $$ items or fancy stuff. If it appeals to me in some way, I vote.

"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 15811
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:04 pm

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:
Except not all of us are YC players with tons of alternate things like hats etc. If the challenge avatar has a hat that is not required to be changed and I like the headwear as fitting the costume I want to create, I keep it on.

Anyone who has been in more than one of the costume challenges has alternate items they can use. Just lazy not to change up facial features. Makes every single entry look alike too. I prefer seeing the creative ones. I am not too picky on the costume ones, but they do have to at least change up facial features for my vote. I do also give the nostalgic vote for the newbie type features too, so no money spent on those things LOL!

I have a question for you... personally. i love starter items..like the starter hairs, clothes from way back before we even had theme,starter eyes and mouth and nose etc now if I was to enter a contest and use lots of starter items. would that come across as being lazy or not showing that i actually tried or cared? like imagine i had not said any other that but you saw an avatar with 90% starter items on them, what would your 1st thought be? EDT. i didnt mean to quote anyone, it was just a general question

I'd vote for you.....

as long as you show up on the right side and are among the first 5 shown. :haha: ;)

I thought I was always #1..

#1 what is minor details

Actually, this thread has made me reconsider my choice. If you were on the right side, I would vote on the left, that one time...... :quiet: :shocked: :haha:
Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 11970
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Oh ok, yeah well facial features. Anyone who has been in enough gem challenges has enough of those to work with that can fit the theme. Otherwise though it would be the starter features which I see is being discussed. I would say at least change the face shape if someone has just started playing but does not like the starter features. That round head especially is so bland ugly (nothing against people with actual round heads in RL). It is like a circle was drawn and features dropped on top.

Then again, if you are doing a scary avatar, keep the round face because I find it scary. Especially if there were a gathering of the round-headed avatars like some gathering of evil, demon-possessed dolls (and use the biggest staring eyes as possible).
Last edited by Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) on Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormy Amphitrite (186654727)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 968
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Pretend mermaid lives part time in the Salish Sea, part time in the Pacific.

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:15 pm

I'd vote for you.....

as long as you show up on the right side and are among the first 5 shown. :haha: ;)

#1 what is minor details

Actually, this thread has made me reconsider my choice. If you were on the right side, I would vote on the left, that one time...... :quiet: :shocked: :haha:

ya know babe, sometimes i wanna kick your yohole
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 235
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 8157
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:16 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:I usually don't care if people don't match the description because most of the time (all the time) mine are off but if you don't even take the time and change the default eyes and mouth I won't vote for you.... :dizzy:

A gathering of the round-headed avatars like some gathering of evil, demon-possessed dolls (and use the biggest staring eyes as possible.

Location: Pretend mermaid lives part time in the Salish Sea, part time in the Pacific.

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:27 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:I usually don't care if people don't match the description because most of the time (all the time) mine are off but if you don't even take the time and change the default eyes and mouth I won't vote for you.... :dizzy:

A gathering of the round-headed avatars like some gathering of evil, demon-possessed dolls (and use the biggest staring eyes as possible.

OMG - This is going to give me Yo-Nightmares! :sleeping: :shocked:
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
Apt link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465
Wish: Animated Electric Guitar HH YMCA2018

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 3294
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Miss TiFied (8432514) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:My comment is based on what I saw in feedback thread and few other thread where people ask for another gem event... Idk, maybe there are more unhappy people...It is just not logical to me that BVG keeps making these events if people are that unhappy.

We agreed long time ago that voting system sucks and need changes... Like many other things in this game... To me, it would be more logical if people who don't like events ignore these events completely, instead voting quick for 25 gems... That would show, that people don't care about events at all and don't participating at all.

What I don't like, that people who don't enjoy these events, blame people who do enjoy and keep paying for it. Like I said, if they stop with these events, I am almost sure they will invent something else to get money from people. It is not right, you say? This game is based on it.

I had enough time to think about why they keep some great items in these events and not in store... It must be gems are selling good, Idk what else answer can be... Any other answer is not logical to me...

Personally, I do them because I'm as competitive as hell and I like getting the wardrobe slots. However, people should not have to participate in them to any extent whatsoever if they choose not to, and forcing them to do even the hook-up element is storing-up ill-will and resentment.

Why on earth would they want to do that? Where's the logic? :eh:

I wish this thread was called 'Please Address the Unfairness' and represented a plea to BVG, not us players.

It's unfair that entire themes are being used as leverage to encourage gambling.
It's unfair that this 'either play the gambling games or pay through the nose in the AH' attitude has become endemic. It's an appalling long-term strategy and is 100% off-putting to numerous players who formerly supported this game financially.
It's unfair to have to perform a challenge related task when you don't wish to participate.
It's unfair when your room / avi is represented as an empty space, huge, with ghosts or otherwise glitched.
It's unfair if your room / avi doesn't get shown in position 1-5 as often as other players and tbh 'voting for the first 5' shouldn't be a thing at all!

I've won 7 times now and feel more guilt than pleasure when I do because all I keep thinking is how horrible it must be for those who don't win or win rarely. Knowing that there's no real fairness involved makes that so much worse.

You'd think these issues would be given priority, but nope.

o_o

:thumbsup: :trophy: ... talking about glitching. in the small amount of votes that i done i saw one female 3 times and one male twice... and they appeared on both the left and right! how is this fair? both had no effort put in with default face etc. left on and yet were getting a good amount of votes! this crud is exactly why i gave up on these and the fact they are month after month with no break apart from 2 or 3 days! oh and i saw this!! and yes i voted for her because i think it is unfair she is glitching!

ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11099

Postby IIY0K0II (187316703) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:And this thread needs to stay up, when people begin to complain about their score...

They can blame me for the reason they didn't get a 5.8. :thumbsup:

Wow thanks alot autumn I got 4.3 :grr :haha:
IIY0K0II (187316703)
YoWorld Level: 55
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 16, 2016

Forum Posts: 252
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Stormy Amphitrite (186654727) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:54 am

Doodler (10729465) wrote:

OMG - This is going to give me Yo-Nightmares! :sleeping: :shocked:

They are the "uncanny valley" of YoWorld. ;)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:45 am

Yoko (187316703) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:And this thread needs to stay up, when people begin to complain about their score...

They can blame me for the reason they didn't get a 5.8. :thumbsup:

Wow thanks alot autumn I got 4.3 :grr :haha:

You’re welcome!!!! I’m sure your score had nothing to do with your design! ;)
Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:58 am

I'd vote for you.....

#1 what is minor details

I can see by your response that I have caused you pain and discomfort. I apologize. :haha: :quiet:
Autumn Glory (105171200)

Postby Lella (120508537) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:11 am

Folks keep saying if you want the icon to disappear, all you have to do is participate in the hang out portion of the gem event. True. But sometimes there are so many Yovillians at the hang out, my computer goes super slow. Why can't we just click and get rid of the icon? Why isn't this an option? (of course, this is a question for BVG).
I am a drive-by poster, so I might not come back to this thread. If you need to tell me off, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Lella (120508537)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 2158
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Lella (120508537) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:14 am

And then.........(sorry, I have more rant in me)........once the hang out portion is done, there's a ...........wait for it..........POP UP. Not one, noooo, but two. Good gravy. I just want to get out of there and back to my yo-home. It's a pain in the Yo-butt. I guess I need a Yo-proctologist!
I am a drive-by poster, so I might not come back to this thread. If you need to tell me off, please send me a pm. Thanks!

Lella (120508537)

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:17 am

Just spoke with a buddy of mine who got 3.50 (the base score) plus the full bonus 0.80 which made him get only 50 gems.
Meaning he wasn't even voted. This happened to me too on one of the challenges from previous event.

There's too many of us creating outfits, but not enough of us with enough time or willingness to vote more than 5.

Edit - I was wrong, if anyone needs to know, found this in a topic from June 2018 -
Viking Jess wrote:The 'base' rating (if your entry wasn't shown to anyone) is 3.0 :)
Last edited by Nicoleta (131005307) on Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2683
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:19 am

Lella (120508537) wrote:And then.........(sorry, I have more rant in me)........once the hang out portion is done, there's a ...........wait for it..........POP UP. Not one, noooo, but two. Good gravy. I just want to get out of there and back to my yo-home. It's a pain in the Yo-butt. I guess I need a Yo-proctologist!

and sometimes you get both pop-ups twice! i've had that many a time and gets me fuming when im trying to say thankyou to 2 or 3 buddies who kindly waited!
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11099

Postby Lella (120508537) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:21 am

Theresa (122233016) wrote:
Lella (120508537) wrote:And then.........(sorry, I have more rant in me)........once the hang out portion is done, there's a ...........wait for it..........POP UP. Not one, noooo, but two. Good gravy. I just want to get out of there and back to my yo-home. It's a pain in the Yo-butt. I guess I need a Yo-proctologist!

and sometimes you get both pop-ups twice! i've had that many a time and gets me fuming when im trying to say thankyou to 2 or 3 buddies who kindly waited!

I haven't gotten the double/double pop-up. I would probably start screaming. And I agree about trying to say "ty" to the new buddies. Sometimes by the time I x out the popups, they're gone.

Lella (120508537)

Postby Rod (126579776) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:31 am

Nicoleta (131005307) wrote:Just spoke with a buddy of mine who got 3.50 (the base score) plus the full bonus 0.80 which made him get only 50 gems.
Meaning he wasn't even voted. This happened to me too on one of the challenges from previous event.

There's too many of us creating outfits, but not enough of us with enough time or willingness to vote more than 5.

There's always the chance that we think of our awesome look or room better than it is? I got a 3.8 raw vote once and had to rethink my own skill. :smug:

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32867
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:30 am

I'd vote for you.....

#1 what is minor details

I totally shot coffee out my nose......... :haha: :haha:
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 8930

Postby Rod (126579776) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:40 am

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:

I'd vote for you.....

#1 what is minor details

IKR? He totally called her a whale and threatened a beat down simultaneously. When she gets done giving him a ghost pepper wedgie, he is gonna fart soprano for a month!
:haha: :haha:

'Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 32867
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:46 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:

I'd vote for you.....

#1 what is minor details

IKR? He totally called her a whale and threatened a beat down simultaneously. When she gets done giving him a ghost pepper wedgie, he is gonna fart soprano for a month!

That was a good laugh this morning. Those two...I swear. You should see them both on my FB feed....... :haha:
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......"

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 8930

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions