Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:13 am

Anyone wants to share? :)
Image
【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 48642
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: ↓Visit Me↓

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:14 am

About to start mine -
Image
【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 48642
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: ↓Visit Me↓

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:29 am

SamiSpiffy23, if you want you can add this picture to the first post, I will remove it from my post if you do so.
Image


This is my entry. It is rather empty. Why, might you wonder? Well, because there is not really any place to decorate the room, in my opinion anyway.

But I've decided that I will try to incorporate that red gem (Spinning Ruby PA2017) into all my event entries from now on.
Image
ImageImageImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3593
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:42 am

I went weirdo meets D&D with mine. More like a pick your dungeon door after you prove yourself passing the water dragon. LOL! I am sure most won't get it, but like was stated above, it was a horribly done room. I always cover everything and start over any ways, but this one was by far the worst for usable space and such. Wasn't happy with how some of the layering turned out, but I had fun. Anyone entering my arena and passing would definitely be worthy of a position at least :)

Image
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1683
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:17 pm

:hug: YoJohn - thank you for posting that and it's okay where it is in your post! & Good on you! Mine isn't even worthy enough to share here. I'm not too motivated with this gem event. The items are just blahhh & boring! :haha: I'm just glad I submitted my entry before the snake game came! Whew!!! :phew:
Image
【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 48642
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: ↓Visit Me↓

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:I went weirdo meets D&D with mine. More like a pick your dungeon door after you prove yourself passing the water dragon. LOL! I am sure most won't get it, but like was stated above, it was a horribly done room. I always cover everything and start over any ways, but this one was by far the worst for usable space and such. Wasn't happy with how some of the layering turned out, but I had fun. Anyone entering my arena and passing would definitely be worthy of a position at least :)

Image



That's fantastic!! :shocked: So imaginative! I hope you get a 5.8 :star: :party:
Image
【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 48642
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: ↓Visit Me↓

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Thanks I am just shooting for extra gems most times!

OMG someone should do a chess tournament LOL! That would be hilarious!
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1683
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:04 pm

YoJohn (135968828) wrote:SamiSpiffy23, if you want you can add this picture to the first post, I will remove it from my post if you do so.


This is my entry. It is rather empty. Why, might you wonder? Well, because there is not really any place to decorate the room, in my opinion anyway.

But I've decided that I will try to incorporate that red gem (Spinning Ruby PA2017) into all my event entries from now on.
Image

well i've given up on these so mine will be empty again... loving yours with the red gem... if i see it you'll get my vote! lol ;) :thumbsup: :heart:
ImageImage
User avatar

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 11141
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: My living room, UK

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:11 pm

Mine is pretty boring. I ran out of time.

Image
If you really want people to notice you, be a typo.
Im Pure Michigan
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82323030
User avatar
BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1395
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Near Uranus checking for sticks. Ohp! Found one.

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

YUDONT NOMEE (120422896) wrote:Mine is pretty boring. I ran out of time.


Pffft I love it :) you worked well with the oddball room. Was difficult to place certain items because of the weirdness of the design. Some spots right in the middle area you couldn't place a lot of things. I tried several different things before giving up and doing mine. I just couldn't get right placement for other things. Wish they would let us decorate these like our own homes with the blackspace available.
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1683
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:44 pm

I don't share my entries beforehand anymore. I used to think it didn't matter, but I've come to think that it actually does. :( My entries are all higher scores since I stopped posting them ahead of voting.
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*
User avatar

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 9798
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:51 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I don't share my entries beforehand anymore. I used to think it didn't matter, but I've come to think that it actually does. :( My entries are all higher scores since I stopped posting them ahead of voting.


Really? That seems more like a coincidence to me, cause I rarely see any rooms from people I know.
User avatar
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3200
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:57 pm

Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I don't share my entries beforehand anymore. I used to think it didn't matter, but I've come to think that it actually does. :( My entries are all higher scores since I stopped posting them ahead of voting.


Really? That seems more like a coincidence to me, cause I rarely see any rooms from people I know.


Prolly more coincidence IMO too! I think the weird voting is more form the fact that they repeat rooms over and over and you get a small pool to vote on. Plus a lot of people just do fast click votes to get 5 out of way. So, it will never be true score of how good/bad it is. Just a luck of the draw thing. I got 5.8 twice out of all the challenges and they were not the best of rooms LOL!
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1683
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
YUDONT NOMEE (120422896) wrote:Mine is pretty boring. I ran out of time.


Pffft I love it :) you worked well with the oddball room. Was difficult to place certain items because of the weirdness of the design. Some spots right in the middle area you couldn't place a lot of things. I tried several different things before giving up and doing mine. I just couldn't get right placement for other things. Wish they would let us decorate these like our own homes with the blackspace available.

Appreciate that! Yeah, this was one of the crappiest rooms ever. I just dont understand why they put blackspace in the middle of the dang room, not to mention all around the edges. Kinda ruins it for us! That made it pretty challenging. I had a completely different idea for that room, but I just couldnt get things to stay.
If you really want people to notice you, be a typo.
Im Pure Michigan
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82323030
User avatar
BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1395
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Near Uranus checking for sticks. Ohp! Found one.

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:
JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I don't share my entries beforehand anymore. I used to think it didn't matter, but I've come to think that it actually does. :( My entries are all higher scores since I stopped posting them ahead of voting.


Really? That seems more like a coincidence to me, cause I rarely see any rooms from people I know.


Prolly more coincidence IMO too! I think the weird voting is more form the fact that they repeat rooms over and over and you get a small pool to vote on. Plus a lot of people just do fast click votes to get 5 out of way. So, it will never be true score of how good/bad it is. Just a luck of the draw thing. I got 5.8 twice out of all the challenges and they were not the best of rooms LOL!


Im lucky if I get a 4.7 on my rooms. I HATE the way voting is for us. I WILL spend extra time trying to find a room that IS decorated. Over and over I see the same rooms/avi's, and I hate it. If your room is empty, I will skip you.
If you really want people to notice you, be a typo.
Im Pure Michigan
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h82323030
User avatar
BIZMO FUNYUNS (120422896)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1395
Forum Title: YoFollower
Location: Near Uranus checking for sticks. Ohp! Found one.

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:08 pm

YUDONT NOMEE (120422896) wrote:
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787) wrote:
YUDONT NOMEE (120422896) wrote:Mine is pretty boring. I ran out of time.


Pffft I love it :) you worked well with the oddball room. Was difficult to place certain items because of the weirdness of the design. Some spots right in the middle area you couldn't place a lot of things. I tried several different things before giving up and doing mine. I just couldn't get right placement for other things. Wish they would let us decorate these like our own homes with the blackspace available.

Appreciate that! Yeah, this was one of the crappiest rooms ever. I just dont understand why they put blackspace in the middle of the dang room, not to mention all around the edges. Kinda ruins it for us! That made it pretty challenging. I had a completely different idea for that room, but I just couldnt get things to stay.


I know that drove me nuts. Hubs thought I was crazy until he saw the room LOL! Weirdest placement ever!
User avatar
Skylar Heartbinder (119863787)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 06, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1683
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 pm

I covered the sand and fences with grass, placed the Jousting item we got for free a while ago in the middle, placed some bushes and stuffed yocash items in a corner, under hay. The table is also there, hidden. Really disliked this one because of those fences.. couldn't place anything exactly where I wanted so I quit trying and left it like that.
User avatar
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2683
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: Bucharest, Romania

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby xNVx2hot (129595882) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:17 pm

I swear this game drives me crazy, was working on my room and got dc, and then it saved the room without anything in it except the interactive like really? Fix this crap, we been reporting glitches long enough now. Idk why ppl still support this place :grr
Image
Image
Image




https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h72487881

When people put others down, it's just to pick themselves up. Some people will do just about anything for some attention.
User avatar
xNVx2hot (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2966
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby Nadia (114148389) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:04 pm

So I go and dismantle a bunch of rooms to put in the challenge room, also purchased some required items, had room ready to submitt then it tells me to refresh. go to refresh and viola empty room. That's just the last straw :grr . I think somethings trying to tell me something. I'm done with challenges. Good luck to all who entered.
Image
User avatar
Nadia (114148389)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1677
Forum Title: YoFan

Re: Challenge 3: Share your rooms!

Postby SamiSpiffy23 (138400888) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:09 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:I don't share my entries beforehand anymore. I used to think it didn't matter, but I've come to think that it actually does. :( My entries are all higher scores since I stopped posting them ahead of voting.


Understandable Julie :) Feel free to share it afterwards ;)
I feel like past few challenges prizes were amazing like the shabby chic one and the xmas items :)
This one is just blahhh..
Image
【♡Click on banner to visit me♡】I love mail! ツ
User avatar
SamiSpiffy23 (138400888)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 48642
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: ↓Visit Me↓

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions