[EVENT] Timeless Adventure Event!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [EVENT] Timeless Adventure Event!

Postby Amphitrite (186654727) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:03 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:
BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:I'm putting no effort into this anymore, I'm throwing out the requirements and voting for the worst rooms/outfits I see. Had enough with it.

Hooray for you for punishing those who actually try & rewarding those who don't.

Stop blaming people. Some people like myself are sick of this event and the payout one gets for all the time and effort and coins/cash spent on decorating or costuming. The voting process sucks. The chests and gem rewards largely suck. If I feel inspired for costumes I will dress up but am not going to spend more than I would otherwise if not the contest. Rooms--meh. I will keep using my now default symbol of gem>>>poop>bull in the center and meet the requirement as cheaply as possible: not for the gems BUT ONLY if I want the room for free.

Stop blaming the game players. If you want to blame someone FFS then blame BVG for making this event largely intolerable but locking in a few interesting new theme only in chests and then encouraging players to spend lots of YC to gamble on getting them.

None are taking from you except BVG. Design how you wish and let others do the same (at this intolerable point).
Amphitrite (186654727)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 638
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm

Amphitrite (186654727) wrote:
BrandonPLUSH (3852887) wrote:I'm putting no effort into this anymore, I'm throwing out the requirements and voting for the worst rooms/outfits I see. Had enough with it.

Hooray for you for punishing those who actually try & rewarding those who don't.

Stop blaming people. Some people like myself are sick of this event and the payout one gets for all the time and effort and coins/cash spent on decorating or costuming. The voting process sucks. The chests and gem rewards largely suck. If I feel inspired for costumes I will dress up but am not going to spend more than I would otherwise if not the contest. Rooms--meh. I will keep using my now default symbol of gem>>>poop>bull in the center and meet the requirement as cheaply as possible: not for the gems BUT ONLY if I want the room for free.

Stop blaming the game players. If you want to blame someone FFS then blame BVG for making this event largely intolerable but locking in a few interesting new theme only in chests and then encouraging players to spend lots of YC to gamble on getting them.

None are taking from you except BVG. Design how you wish and let others do the same (at this intolerable point).

I'm not sure which of us you mean, but I disagree with someone purposely voting for the WORST entries. That DOES take away from me unless I just give up and do a crappy entry, too. I guess that's now what everyone should do???

TORE SLAP UP

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 315
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 5707
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Amphitrite (186654727) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 pm

I'm not sure which of us you mean, but I disagree with someone purposely voting for the WORST entries. That DOES take away from me unless I just give up and do a crappy entry, too. I guess that's now what everyone should do???

Sorry, not quite awake and missed that half of it. I can see your point on that specifically. Nonetheless, I understand the sentiment of sabotage. Unless BVG wants to seriously listen to the criticism of the gem events and change things accordingly, I do understand (the sentiment of sabotage)--although yeah reading that half of it I missed, i can see it is detrimental to you and others who still take this event to heart and want the votes. Apologies. The rest of what I said stands though, maybe not to you in the case now but I have seen complaints from others on how many rooms now are half-assed when people go to vote.
Last edited by Amphitrite (186654727) on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amphitrite (186654727)

Postby 40oz (115381899) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:44 pm

How sad. Bvg has taken their douchebagary to a whole new level. Nothing like spending almost 50 yc for God damn onesie and boots.

40oz (115381899)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 192
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Sorry, not quite awake and missed that half of it. I can see your point on that specifically. Nonetheless, I understand the sentiment of sabotage. Unless BVG wants to seriously listen to the criticism of the gem events and change things accordingly, I do understand the sentiment of sabotage--although yeah reading that half of it I missed, i can see it is detrimental to you and others who still take this event to heart and want the votes. Apologies. The rest of what I said stands though, maybe not to you in the case now but I have seen complaints from others on how many rooms now are half-assed when people go to vote.

Thanks & no problem. I don't have an issue with people voting all left or all right side, but seeking out the worst seems backwards to me. I'm pretty disgruntled with this current Gem event & the prizes, but I do wish everyone who still tries to get a good score, the best of luck. There's enough issues with the current voting system (I don't think it's fair in the least), and voting for the worst is equal to downvoting the best IMO. It doesn't seem how much we have complained about the voting glitches (missing avis / ginormous avis, items missing or mislayered in rooms, etc), those players are neither compensated nor are the glitches fixed. Then the bonus meter price has risen, and that's a whole new basket of unfairness.

TORE SLAP UP

Postby Amphitrite (186654727) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:56 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:Thanks & no problem. I don't have an issue with people voting all left or all right side, but seeking out the worst seems backwards to me. I'm pretty disgruntled with this current Gem event & the prizes, but I do wish everyone who still tries to get a good score, the best of luck. There's enough issues with the current voting system (I don't think it's fair in the least), and voting for the worst is equal to downvoting the best IMO. It doesn't seem how much we have complained about the voting glitches (missing avis / ginormous avis, items missing or mislayered in rooms, etc), those players are neither compensated nor are the glitches fixed. Then the bonus meter price has risen, and that's a whole new basket of unfairness.

Indeed.

(I am "Stargate" fan and it has recently been in syndication on Comcast stations so been rewatching :) If you have been a watcher then you know Teal'c and his "Indeed." So just using that a lot now and his voice in my head, love his voice. lol)
Amphitrite (186654727)

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:00 pm

JulieHootieScraps (108384802) wrote:Thanks & no problem. I don't have an issue with people voting all left or all right side, but seeking out the worst seems backwards to me. I'm pretty disgruntled with this current Gem event & the prizes, but I do wish everyone who still tries to get a good score, the best of luck. There's enough issues with the current voting system (I don't think it's fair in the least), and voting for the worst is equal to downvoting the best IMO. It doesn't seem how much we have complained about the voting glitches (missing avis / ginormous avis, items missing or mislayered in rooms, etc), those players are neither compensated nor are the glitches fixed. Then the bonus meter price has risen, and that's a whole new basket of unfairness.

Indeed.

(I am "Stargate" fan and it has recently been in syndication on Comcast stations so been rewatching :) If you have been a watcher then you know Teal'c and his "Indeed." So just using that a lot now and his voice in my head, love his voice. lol)

I love Stargate but have not seen a lot of episodes :)

TORE SLAP UP

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:01 pm

Ruckus (115381899) wrote:How sad. Bvg has taken their douchebagary to a whole new level. Nothing like spending almost 50 yc for God damn onesie and boots.

So sorry. That onesie is hideous! Btw, the new Tier 2 50 gem item is a ROLL OF SOD. So you have that to look forward to! ;)

TORE SLAP UP

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:04 pm

1,000 YoCoins is worth 0.010 Boost :shocked:
Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 21269
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:19 pm

Leeum, each Coin item is worth 0.01 of boost no matter the price, so you are better off buying just a lot of items that cost 500 YoCoins and hiding them somewhere. It is even much more cost effective than buying YoCash items. :thumbsup:
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 1882
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Natalie (186104654) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:18 pm

You're not alone with this, many of us are also doing this because we are tired of these events styled as they are. At first it was fun, all we asked was to be allowed to attach the rooms to our homes so they could be visited and seen by our friends. Instead of that we got saddled with a cash grab (as if we dont spend enough) and each time they roll it out the cost required is more blatant. No more using mixed theme items to get a unique and worthy room, just buy the stuff and you get a boost or else you wont win at all. now they eveb have theme items a part of the requirements. Some of us are angry and tired of being ignored. I spent more money before they started tying my hands!

Natalie (186104654)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 25, 2015

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:41 pm

Really didn't like decorating today's challenge room. Those rooms with the fences placed... Covered them with grass but lost interest when I realized I can't put just any item over them... Blank rooms should be completely empty... :(
Come visit me! Cake House TheWalkingDead
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2531
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Mery (186904858) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:36 am

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:
Mery (186904858)
YoWorld Level: 168
YoWorld Start Date: May 11, 2016

Forum Posts: 20

Postby Mery (186904858) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:42 am

:balloon: :balloon:
Mery (186904858)

Postby Peta April (2638410) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:45 am

yeah so whoever did the horses for this current event messed up HUGE! there is no way to turn the horses around meaning they can't joust! as they can only face to the right and to the bottom of the screen...NO facing to the left for them! :?: :sad: :haha:

Peta April (2638410)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 12, 2008

Forum Posts: 429
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Mery (186904858) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 am

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:
Mery (186904858)

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:57 am

Something that should come to your notice: NO ONE has started a "show off your room" topic for challenge 3! :dizzy: :sad: Why did you not listen?! Even dedicated entrants are sour and disgruntled now! :wailing:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2613
Forum Title: YoLover

Unsuspecting event room players

Postby mikeo (181221163) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Found two players that the rooms were not showing, I voted for both, and they both had 5 stars when I clicked them..so sad for them, hope they get something for the effort . Lefteria and Aga.

mikeo digs
mikeo (181221163)
YoWorld Level: 240
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 26, 2011

Forum Posts: 49
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Unsuspecting event room players

Postby Theresa (122233016) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:45 pm

mikeo (181221163) wrote:Found two players that the rooms were not showing, I voted for both, and they both had 5 stars when I clicked them..so sad for them, hope they get something for the effort . Lefteria and Aga.

i always do the same... its beyond a joke now how many times we've been reporting these glitches over the last however many events and yet not even a single reply about whats being done about it! thats why ive given up on them. i still vote though because i know quite a few who put a lot of effort in as we can see from the 'post your entry' threads :hug:
ImageImage

Theresa (122233016)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 4809
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Impure Thought (126579776) » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:03 pm

Seems like a simple thing to ask for BVG to fix their cash cow. :haha:

One of these days players will stop pumping money into it. I could not believe the rooms I've seen where they spent dozens of yo cash to shoot for the perfect bonus score. That is the trickiest form of marketing I've seen in a very long time. BVG plays off our pride and insecurities in our decorating skills, and converts that into sales. And Yo has been consuming it at an alarming volume. It is no wonder BVG won't give up on these gem events.

These gem events are dead to me now. If I get something cool I can use in a room, then I keep it. Otherwise all of it hits the AH within moments of hitting my inventory. And I will allow the resentment and bitterness to fester, coagulate, and infect my view of this game for as long as these things continue. I will poison every player I interact with and make them feel as guilty as I can for supporting this abuse. For I have also been a contributor to the problem by telling BVG it is ok. And it is not. It is everything besides ok.

We are being used and abused in the worst manner.

The recipe for success doesn't change............

1. Make good stuff.
2. Price it fairly.
3. Put it in the store.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington
Impure Thought (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 249
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 28974
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions