Is it taking more items to reach .80 bonus?

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Is it taking more items to reach .80 bonus?

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Is it my imagination or is it taking more and more items to get the full bonus in the challenges? I only had to use 2 hairs and a few coin items at first. Last challenge it took 3 hairs. Now, this time I had to layer four hairs to make the .80 bonus? Not very fair!
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ thanks to mrs for my beautiful siggy ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Apartment link: https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... g-10729465

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2348
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: Is it taking more items to reach .80 bonus?

Postby TL Styx (187264144) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:08 pm

It takes approx. 50yc of instore value to fill it up and it always did... I figured 2-3 hairs and 1-2 yc items mostly do the trick. :?:
In absurd I trust, and it shall prevail.
This is pure hogwash if y'all ask me...
My rooms | WTB | Trash container
TL Styx (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5059
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:09 pm

The price of the items factors in a lot. Using 3 yocash items that cost 8 yocash each would fill up the bar faster than using 6 yocash items that cost 3 yocash each. I'm sure it's the same with coins.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 7054

Postby Muppetgal OP (109195880) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:37 pm

I've just had a learning experience with my daughter as well....we usually trade things to use so we can get as high a bonus as possible. Lots of times there is only 1 item difference between us, or our eyes/hair are different, but the outfit itself is the same.

I chose a male avatar for the first time, and they only have to swap out 4 things, while a female has to swap out 5. I hit the .80 bonus then sent the items to my daughter.

She tried to wearing the same outfit but having to skip on one extra item, could only reach .78 . That skirt swap made all the difference, as there is no skirt higher than 1700 coins in store, and it uses up a slot that you could otherwise use for a yocash item!!

Why do females have to swap out skirt AND pants?? effectively losing a item spot that could be filled with something worth more bonus points!

Muppetgal OP (109195880)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 214
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:46 pm

Do they take the price of the item in the store or the price in a special? Like the hair was offered at 9yc, but it's 18 yc in the store. Then there is the fact that I bought them for coins in the AH. Would that make a difference?

Doodler (10729465)

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:03 pm

I just tried it out. Hair gives you .25 bonus, so yes, if you are only using hair, it would take 4 of them. Back to the AH!

Doodler (10729465)

Postby ELFTexanDynamite (103681266) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:55 pm

I used the hair, the female outfit (shirt, skirt, shoes, HH, scarf) VIP Balloon, and the scene gave me the full .80 boost

ELFTexanDynamite (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7185

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:55 pm

TL Kira (187264144) wrote:It takes approx. 50yc of instore value to fill it up and it always did... I figured 2-3 hairs and 1-2 yc items mostly do the trick. :?:

So, since you only get .75 for 3 hairs (which is 54 yc) it takes more than 50yc to fill it now. I thought it was about that before, but I think it changed.

Doodler (10729465)

Postby TL Styx (187264144) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Doodler (10729465) wrote:
TL Kira (187264144) wrote:It takes approx. 50yc of instore value to fill it up and it always did... I figured 2-3 hairs and 1-2 yc items mostly do the trick. :?:

So, since you only get .75 for 3 hairs (which is 54 yc) it takes more than 50yc to fill it now. I thought it was about that before, but I think it changed.

I used 2 hairs and 2 yc items for 5 or 6 yc each and got the full bar :?:
In absurd I trust, and it shall prevail.
This is pure hogwash if y'all ask me...
My rooms | WTB | Trash container
TL Styx (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5059

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Muppetgal OP (109195880) wrote:I've just had a learning experience with my daughter as well....we usually trade things to use so we can get as high a bonus as possible. Lots of times there is only 1 item difference between us, or our eyes/hair are different, but the outfit itself is the same.

I chose a male avatar for the first time, and they only have to swap out 4 things, while a female has to swap out 5. I hit the .80 bonus then sent the items to my daughter.

She tried to wearing the same outfit but having to skip on one extra item, could only reach .78 . That skirt swap made all the difference, as there is no skirt higher than 1700 coins in store, and it uses up a slot that you could otherwise use for a yocash item!!

Why do females have to swap out skirt AND pants?? effectively losing a item spot that could be filled with something worth more bonus points!

So you still get the bonus even if you no longer have the items in your inventory? :?: There's something wrong with that somehow to me... :eh:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 18019
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Michelle McCartney (165418331) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm

I'm not thrilled with having to buy so many new items to fill up for a bonus. And to me this time they didn't have much I wanted otherwise, I want to be able to use the items outside the challenge. Since this is a newer theme in my opinion, wasn't a lot to work with. And I'm not using up a bunch of my YoCash on things I don't like. Wish there were more outfit items to chose from this time! I am having fun with the challenges over all and I did get the 50 and 250 gem bonus last time. Probably will only get 50 this time, oh well.

Seeing some cute outfits here, glad everyone is having fun with this! :)
All you need is love Lennon/McCartney

Michelle McCartney (165418331)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 13, 2010

Forum Posts: 250
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Michelle McCartney (165418331) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:36 pm

(whoops that was another thread! lol)
All you need is love Lennon/McCartney

Michelle McCartney (165418331)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 13, 2010

Forum Posts: 250
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:37 pm

I'm definitely not a math whiz, but it seems like it's not purely based on a yc to bonus point. For a 5 yc item you get.13 bonus pkint, which is more per yc than an 18 yc hair.

Doodler (10729465)

Postby Muppetgal OP (109195880) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Muppetgal OP (109195880) wrote:I've just had a learning experience with my daughter as well....we usually trade things to use so we can get as high a bonus as possible. Lots of times there is only 1 item difference between us, or our eyes/hair are different, but the outfit itself is the same.

So you still get the bonus even if you no longer have the items in your inventory? :?: There's something wrong with that somehow to me... :eh:

As long as they are in your inventory when you hit submit then yes, you get the bonus. People on here have been discussing borrowing hair and lending hair for ages to help others get a higher bonus rating on gem challenges.

I'm more concerned about the fact that female avatars have MORE to do to complete the challenge...it seems a bit sexist!

Muppetgal OP (109195880)

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:38 pm

Muppetgal OP (109195880) wrote:

As long as they are in your inventory when you hit submit then yes, you get the bonus. People on here have been discussing borrowing hair and lending hair for ages to help others get a higher bonus rating on gem challenges.

I'm more concerned about the fact that female avatars have MORE to do to complete the challenge...it seems a bit sexist!

It still seems wrong, as if you're cloning items like in the old days, for these events.

Females have more options when it comes to clothing and accessories than guys though so I don't see anything wrong. It's not as if you're forced to just use the theme items.

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Muppetgal OP (109195880) » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:15 pm

It still seems wrong, as if you're cloning items like in the old days, for these events.

Females have more options when it comes to clothing and accessories than guys though so I don't see anything wrong. It's not as if you're forced to just use the theme items.

We aren't cloning, there is only ever one of each item available to us at any given time. Neither of us can equip the outfit afterwards unless we currently have all the items. It's a snapshot of you at a specific moment, not anything more. I have pictures of my avatar from ages ago that I no longer own those items as I've sold them or gifted them. That is not the same as cloning (which was where both of you had the items at the same time).

If you are trying to hit the bonus with mostly coin items and one or two small yocash items, then you have to only use the theme items. Neither of us ever buy the hairs (just not something either of us are into for the price), which means you have to layer and layer the current theme items to get anywhere near the full bonus score. She'll buy a few things for an outfit she wants to keep and I will too, and we both layer all of it on, keeping our chosen outfit on the top. For this challenge, we had three shirts, two belts, two scarves, a hat, two handhelds (yocash), pants, vest and a yober (yocash), socks and shoes - all from the theme. I was able to layer another vest on bringing me to .80, but she couldn't as she had to swap out a skirt as well, having to choose a 1700 coin item over the 2500 coin item I could use, in theme, but that difference meant she didn't reach the bonus.

If we're honest, the way it's set up, you have to wear more than 25 yocash in items to wear anything other than theme items, all for the possibility of winning only 25 yocash.

I understand both points of view here...but realistically you'd force people to keep things in their inventory (not be able to sell) until each challenge was completed, which takes almost 3 days if you required it to be in their inventory after it had been submitted. How exactly would that work?

ANYWAY, my point was that males only have to fulfill 4 item requirements while females have to fulfill 5, which seems sexist and unfair to me. Your discussion is a redherring from that point.

Muppetgal OP (109195880)

Postby Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:06 am

Doodler (10729465) wrote:

Confused as to why 3 hairs = 54 yc. When they were in the mystery box, they were 9 yc each. OH, you're buying them for 18 yc each? YIKES. Did you try buying them in AH?

I'm feeling tore slap up today.

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 4483
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 am

I got almost to .8 with 3 hairs. Then I just added a yober and done. I knew they were gonna ask, so I saved 3 of the hairs from the crack boxes for this challenge. After were done, they're going to a good home...
;)

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 7399

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:35 am

Muppetgal OP (109195880) wrote:

We aren't cloning, there is only ever one of each item available to us at any given time. Neither of us can equip the outfit afterwards unless we currently have all the items. It's a snapshot of you at a specific moment, not anything more. I have pictures of my avatar from ages ago that I no longer own those items as I've sold them or gifted them. That is not the same as cloning (which was where both of you had the items at the same time).

If you are trying to hit the bonus with mostly coin items and one or two small yocash items, then you have to only use the theme items. Neither of us ever buy the hairs (just not something either of us are into for the price), which means you have to layer and layer the current theme items to get anywhere near the full bonus score. She'll buy a few things for an outfit she wants to keep and I will too, and we both layer all of it on, keeping our chosen outfit on the top. For this challenge, we had three shirts, two belts, two scarves, a hat, two handhelds (yocash), pants, vest and a yober (yocash), socks and shoes - all from the theme. I was able to layer another vest on bringing me to .80, but she couldn't as she had to swap out a skirt as well, having to choose a 1700 coin item over the 2500 coin item I could use, in theme, but that difference meant she didn't reach the bonus.

If we're honest, the way it's set up, you have to wear more than 25 yocash in items to wear anything other than theme items, all for the possibility of winning only 25 yocash.

I understand both points of view here...but realistically you'd force people to keep things in their inventory (not be able to sell) until each challenge was completed, which takes almost 3 days if you required it to be in their inventory after it had been submitted. How exactly would that work?

ANYWAY, my point was that males only have to fulfill 4 item requirements while females have to fulfill 5, which seems sexist and unfair to me. Your discussion is a redherring from that point.

No matter how much you justify it this still seems like a glitch exploit of the way the game event was set up.

Sam Holmes (139381965)

Postby Abee (108712228) » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:50 pm

It's too much for me. I was wearing a hat, free sunglasses and a porcupine. It wasn't enough to get my bonus bar even halfway.
Nope. Not gonna spend all my YC on these challenges for a chance to win a gem for a chance to win a prize I may or may not like.

Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 2674
Forum Title: YoLover

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions