Hate and discontent

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Hate and discontent

Postby JazminKat (154982842) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:43 pm

I HATE HATE HATE this Shabby Chic theme in the gem boxes straight from Hades’ fiery parlor. To have such adorable, well designed and proportioned whimsical items thrown in this lottery with a bunch of useless old junk is cruel. It plays on human desire in a way that’s so unappealing to me as to make me resent my longtime favorite game for the first time in 8+ years. As it finally draws to a close (bittersweet because now the items will slip from improbable to impossible), I can honestly say this was my least favorite theme of all time. 0% satisfaction, 0% happiness engineered in this player.

Please reconsider this gaming model in future.

#rantover

JazminKat (154982842)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 30, 2010

Forum Posts: 4995
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Re: Hate and discontent

Postby Ember (153690198) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:47 pm

It makes them too much money. If people stop gambling for the items then they may stop but it is unlikely
Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 3348
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm

I think it's considered a non-theme?

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2262
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:09 pm

ember is right. money talks and b*llsh^it walks. a lot of yos love to gamble and i'm not saying anything is wrong with that. helps keep the game open. bvg is a business and busnesses must make money to opeate. of course i know all adults are aware of that so i'm not putting anybody down. jazz, i like how you ended your post with the word please. so civil. and ember you hit the nail exactky on the head. unfortunately we can't control one thing others do. so it is what it is. i agree the prices in the ah for shabby are completely insane but as doris dayw sang "que sera sera" what will be will be.

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 8979
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:13 pm

I am guilty of the gambling part right now. I love that theme and I have no restraint when it comes to that stuff. *hangs head* Its just so beautiful.....
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 8814

Postby ZipLocket (144540244) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:31 pm

i love that shabby chic. Its so cute.
When a toxic person no longer controls you,
they will try to control how others see you.
My Siggys
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=130040&p=2944804#p2944804
ZipLocket (144540244)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 08, 2010

Forum Posts: 7085
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Like everyone else, I love the shabby too, and seeing as the only way to get it is through the gems (or the crazy AH), I have been trying - I mean really trying, but my yc is pouring into BVG account like water. Tonight I blew the last I had - I could cry at this lot :

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 4614

Postby Nicoleta (131005307) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Got to admit it got me too. I 100% hate that these beautiful items are limited in a game of luck, but at the same time I understand business too. They made a wonderful job with these and kept me going by giving me.. a total of 10 shabby decor items, bought the rest, still hunting for last pieces.
Come visit me! Cake House TheWalkingDead
Nicoleta (131005307)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 2311

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:43 pm

Am going to point this out again we are getting new items in store everyday and we getting new items in VIP Store and with these events we getting new items and instore items inside them. These gem events are really fun and good to do and glad that we can earn new items inside them or eles the event will become boring. If BVG do not do these type off events then people will be complaining that Yoworld Is Boring and ether way BVG can not win. So ether way we all getting new items in store everyday these events are getting new items and vip store getting new items so why should every good new item in this gem event should belong instore sorry but this event is giving everyone a chance to earn coins and you do not have to gamble to get gems just decorate your room thats 100 gems and 25 gems each day for voting and you could win upto 300 gems in this contest plus 25YC

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 14004
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:59 pm

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:Am going to point this out again we are getting new items in store everyday and we getting new items in VIP Store and with these events we getting new items and instore items inside them. These gem events are really fun and good to do and glad that we can earn new items inside them or eles the event will become boring. If BVG do not do these type off events then people will be complaining that Yoworld Is Boring and ether way BVG can not win. So ether way we all getting new items in store everyday these events are getting new items and vip store getting new items so why should every good new item in this gem event should belong instore sorry but this event is giving everyone a chance to earn coins and you do not have to gamble to get gems just decorate your room thats 100 gems and 25 gems each day for voting and you could win upto 300 gems in this contest plus 25YC

Ive been doing that Mario, and ive tried really hard, my rooms are taking me a long time and yes ive been lucky to score well, but every time im cashing in my hard earned gems and 95% of what Im getting is not shabby, and the stuff I am getting is the cheapest stuff that no one actually wants, the masks and onesies etc. I have got one or two nice things Im not saying, but ive pumped 250 yc in tonight...all I had, and I got that lot. Im not saying its BVG fault, in fact these things must be fantastic for their business, its just such a shame these types of beautiful quality deco are trapped in the event, and in store the new theme will be Japan...for the third time. Its depressing that some of us that have been here since the beginning have seen these themes before, and I for one wont buy it again! But shabby and boho were fresh and fantastic and new, never seen - id have gladly paid out 250 yc and MORE if these were in a theme that I could buy from store! Instead ive got an inventory full of crap I cant use.

Mrs Poker (2830693)

Postby Dr Newbotron (126579776) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:05 pm

MAKE GOOD STUFF
PUT IT STORES
PRICE IT FAIRLY

Wash Rinse Repeat...............

It really is no more or less difficult than this. But instead BVG keeps abusing the willpower of its player base. I have dozens of friends who now hate themselves and BVG for the gem themes. They can't say no to it, but they want to. So they keep dropping cash on it because they can't stand knowing it is going away. BVG is winning the short game, at the expense of its deco player base. But the long game may already be lost. We'll see the retribution they face the first time players again have the leverage. Methinks some very lean sales periods are on BVG's horizon. They earned it.

:angel:
Me fail English? That's unpossible.
I'm not allowed to play in the deep end of my sand box.
My friends all have birthdays this year.
I found a moon rock in my nose.
My teacher said she's tired of trying.
~Ralph Wiggum
Dr Newbotron (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 24477
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:19 pm

Heisenberg (126579776) wrote:MAKE GOOD STUFF
PUT IT STORES
PRICE IT FAIRLY

It really is no more or less difficult than this. But instead BVG keeps abusing the willpower of its player base. I have dozens of friends who now hate themselves and BVG for the gem themes. They can't say no to it, but they want to. So they keep dropping cash on it because they can't stand knowing it is going away. BVG is winning the short game, at the expense of its deco player base. But the long game may already be lost. We'll see the retribution they face the first time players again have the leverage. Methinks some very lean sales periods are on BVG's horizon. They earned it.

Its terrifying isnt it Rod. Im a full on grown up and Yo is and has been for many years, my little bit of me time in an otherwise very busy, hard working life! I love this game and im lucky that time in game has allowed me to build up a fair few coins so I have options, but even having coins is not helping! I cant even find a yc seller to buy yc and convert to gems and try and get the stuff that way lol - god knows how newer players feel! I love creative decorating and its so flipping frustrating (not just me I know). I cant buy more yc now for another month lol and by that time, this will be over. Had it been instore I could have decorated steadily and happily paid yc for it! :quiet: o_o

Mrs Poker (2830693)

Postby Dr Newbotron (126579776) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:32 pm

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:
Heisenberg (126579776) wrote:MAKE GOOD STUFF
PUT IT STORES
PRICE IT FAIRLY

Its terrifying isnt it Rod. Im a full on grown up and Yo is and has been for many years, my little bit of me time in an otherwise very busy, hard working life! I love this game and im lucky that time in game has allowed me to build up a fair few coins so I have options, but even having coins is not helping! I cant even find a yc seller to buy yc and convert to gems and try and get the stuff that way lol - god knows how newer players feel! I love creative decorating and its so flipping frustrating (not just me I know). I cant buy more yc now for another month lol and by that time, this will be over. Had it been instore I could have decorated steadily and happily paid yc for it! :quiet: o_o

I don't know about terrifying, but it will definitely be interesting. The Boho and Shabby back to back in the gems has a core group of decorators put off with buying yo cash right now. Instead of being thrilled they got 2 incredible partial themes, a lot of my friends sound like post binge alcoholics or dieters who went off the wagon. They literally hate what they just did, when they should be happy about enjoying a theme.

As a trader I was guessing that this stuff would get cheaper. Now I am anything but certain. When you have somewhat rare items, the bulk of which are in the hands of extortionists and angry decorators, this stuff could get as expensive Royal India in the very near future. Maybe this is what BVG was after? IDK? If it comes at the expense of "player happiness", then BVG just sold their integrity for cash. It is hard to get that back from people.

Me fail English? That's unpossible.
I'm not allowed to play in the deep end of my sand box.
My friends all have birthdays this year.
I found a moon rock in my nose.
My teacher said she's tired of trying.
~Ralph Wiggum
Dr Newbotron (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 24477
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:33 am

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:Am going to point this out again we are getting new items in store everyday and we getting new items in VIP Store and with these events we getting new items and instore items inside them. These gem events are really fun and good to do and glad that we can earn new items inside them or eles the event will become boring. If BVG do not do these type off events then people will be complaining that Yoworld Is Boring and ether way BVG can not win. So ether way we all getting new items in store everyday these events are getting new items and vip store getting new items so why should every good new item in this gem event should belong instore sorry but this event is giving everyone a chance to earn coins and you do not have to gamble to get gems just decorate your room thats 100 gems and 25 gems each day for voting and you could win upto 300 gems in this contest plus 25YC

Ive been doing that Mario, and ive tried really hard, my rooms are taking me a long time and yes ive been lucky to score well, but every time im cashing in my hard earned gems and 95% of what Im getting is not shabby, and the stuff I am getting is the cheapest stuff that no one actually wants, the masks and onesies etc. I have got one or two nice things Im not saying, but ive pumped 250 yc in tonight...all I had, and I got that lot. Im not saying its BVG fault, in fact these things must be fantastic for their business, its just such a shame these types of beautiful quality deco are trapped in the event, and in store the new theme will be Japan...for the third time. Its depressing that some of us that have been here since the beginning have seen these themes before, and I for one wont buy it again! But shabby and boho were fresh and fantastic and new, never seen - id have gladly paid out 250 yc and MORE if these were in a theme that I could buy from store! Instead ive got an inventory full of crap I cant use.

Mrs.P, do you open only 150 gem chests?

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2262

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:47 am

Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:Like everyone else, I love the shabby too, and seeing as the only way to get it is through the gems (or the crazy AH), I have been trying - I mean really trying, but my yc is pouring into BVG account like water. Tonight I blew the last I had - I could cry at this lot :

Oooo, love the theater door and candle holder! and is that fish a pond? May I have their ingame names, pls, if not too much trouble? :rose:
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
I just wish goodness would touch me as it does all whom are around me, and if their good is because of me, I wish a little would fall back on me
MY WISHLIST (click here)

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 9485

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) wrote:

Mrs.P, do you open only 150 gem chests?

I was yes hun, I only saw on here today a lot of the cute stuff is in the 50 gem boxes :wailing: Im hoping I get a decent score in gems tonight as im all out of yc!

Mrs Poker (2830693)

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:37 pm

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) wrote:
Mrs Poker (2830693) wrote:Like everyone else, I love the shabby too, and seeing as the only way to get it is through the gems (or the crazy AH), I have been trying - I mean really trying, but my yc is pouring into BVG account like water. Tonight I blew the last I had - I could cry at this lot :

Oooo, love the theater door and candle holder! and is that fish a pond? May I have their ingame names, pls, if not too much trouble? :rose:

Bare with me hun, ill check my log, I gifted most away that I couldnt use! The candle holder is a chandelier from shabby, and I did keep that until I can see what I end up with in shabby and I know the shop front thing was united kingdom, but ill get you the correct names x

Mrs Poker (2830693)

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:43 pm

Bare with me hun, ill check my log, I gifted most away that I couldnt use! The candle holder is a chandelier from shabby, and I did keep that until I can see what I end up with in shabby and I know the shop front thing was united kingdom, but ill get you the correct names x

Japanese hot spring JG2016 & United Kingdom UK Theatre x :hug:

Mrs Poker (2830693)

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Japanese hot spring JG2016 & United Kingdom UK Theatre x :hug:

Thank you so so much :hug: :rose:
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
I just wish goodness would touch me as it does all whom are around me, and if their good is because of me, I wish a little would fall back on me
MY WISHLIST (click here)

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 9485

Postby Irony (118643888) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:23 am

i would agree if the "new" in store items werent recycled themes.....

Irony (118643888)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 263
Forum Title: YoRegular

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions