So.... How come we cant

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Abee (108712228) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:06 am

I like the themes ok. I haven't been thrilled by one in a while, but I have found myself pleasantly surprised with a few of them here and there. I almost always find something I can use and enjoy my way even if I don't like the current theme. I do think they need to work on quantity of items to make it a full theme and stop with the freakin re-colors and trying to say, "We gave you a bazillion new items!!" We can tell the difference.

I love the challenge events "idea." I do wish they would tweak the problems in them instead of just ignoring them. I realize they can't do it once the challenge is in effect.. but they knew about almost all of these problems after the first go round. They chose to ignore it all.
If that stupid bar is in the next round. I'm done with them. It's a deal breaker.
It just leaves me with my own homes to play with.. which is why I play the game anyways.
User avatar
Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2020
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Irony (118643888) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:13 am

JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


and if more continue to take this position instead of sitting back and settling with the same ol thing over and over, the game will die. yes, there are still people playing but the older players (with the older theme items a lot of the new players are seeking) start walking it leaves you all with the themes you "are not buying this past year" then where does it leave you? and yes, there are posts like this all the time, heck i think there should be far more, 4-5 an hour if thats what it takes to get bvg to wake up and start actually venturing into new things, no game lasts with unhappy players. Ive been here since 09, so ive been through the zynga/viking switch but this isnt that, this is a completely fixable issue. as ive said, theyve shown with these events they have some creativity why are the ones here that think this is frivolous sitting back and settling for the selfproclaimed recycled themes? why not ask for something they can do?
User avatar

Irony (118643888)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 263
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:54 am

I think part of the issue is that there are some of us who have been here all along, with no breaks, who have seen all these themes over and over and want something new and different. Then you have players who have left the game, sometimes for years, who missed many themes and they now want to have all of that old stuff, but due to prices they can't always attain it. That is where all the asking for repeated themes comes in. I guess in our case, our loyalty is working against us for this part of the game.

I don't mind the gem events, but I would like to see the effort placed into the things put in game, as much as into the new gem items. I don't think the sky is falling, but I do think there are some things that need to be improved on for sure.
Image

77 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!
User avatar

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10278
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Halloween Town

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Bitty Nooberton (126579776) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:21 pm

Heisenberg (126579776) wrote:Maybe I shan't be postkn in a conditions

Oh dear. My apologies :angel:
Image
Me fail English? That's unpossible.
I'm not allowed to play in the deep end of my sand box.
My friends all have birthdays this year.
I found a moon rock in my nose.
My teacher said she's tired of trying.
~Ralph Wiggum
User avatar
Bitty Nooberton (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 24439
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:24 pm

Heisenberg (126579776) wrote:
Heisenberg (126579776) wrote:Maybe I shan't be postkn in a conditions

Oh dear. My apologies :angel:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :cake: :balloon: :drink: :drink: :drink: :dizzy: :drool: :party: :silly: :sick: :sleeping: :sick:
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
User avatar

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 8808
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Rainbows and Puppies galore.

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Pigeonlips (139291280) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:48 pm

I just don't get how bvg said there isn't enough to make a full theme, but then keep creating new items every gem event. At this point a whole theme has practically been made
User avatar

Pigeonlips (139291280)
YoWorld Level: 172
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3865
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Out of this world

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:32 pm

Pigeonlips (139291280) wrote:I just don't get how bvg said there isn't enough to make a full theme, but then keep creating new items every gem event. At this point a whole theme has practically been made
:thumbsup:
Image
User avatar

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2248
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:40 pm

ELFBackyardLullaby (103681266) wrote:Because it's BVG, enough said :quiet: Eventually, they'll be the death of their own game o_o



I totally agree Elf, and the people on here that always think bvg knows best and does no mistakes will help with it. When they rest of us will say i told you so :dizzy:
User avatar

xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1450
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:52 pm

Irony (118643888) wrote:
JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


and if more continue to take this position instead of sitting back and settling with the same ol thing over and over, the game will die. yes, there are still people playing but the older players (with the older theme items a lot of the new players are seeking) start walking it leaves you all with the themes you "are not buying this past year" then where does it leave you? and yes, there are posts like this all the time, heck i think there should be far more, 4-5 an hour if thats what it takes to get bvg to wake up and start actually venturing into new things, no game lasts with unhappy players. Ive been here since 09, so ive been through the zynga/viking switch but this isnt that, this is a completely fixable issue. as ive said, theyve shown with these events they have some creativity why are the ones here that think this is frivolous sitting back and settling for the selfproclaimed recycled themes? why not ask for something they can do?




Irony a few of us been trying to make people understand all that it falls on deaf ears hun. Some don't want to see what is happening to this game and the rest just stuck. BVG won't listen they think they know better they go by the numbers they see i guess without stepping a foot into th game theirselves. If they be about in the game like some of us talking to other players they would see what is really going on in the game. If i'm stuck in my house all day and just look at the numbers of online players i would think all is well also, but ppl don't realize that a lot of those online players are alts. They get mad at you for making statements about issues in the game because it doesn't go with their way of thinking about BVG. What they don't realize is that we are worried about what is happening to the game so we speak up, because we care enough for it that we mention things that could get fixed but no one wants to listen. It's like talking against the wall.
User avatar

xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1450
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Nick Blade (187030201) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:00 pm

xNVx (129595882) wrote:
ELFBackyardLullaby (103681266) wrote:Because it's BVG, enough said :quiet: Eventually, they'll be the death of their own game o_o



I totally agree Elf, and the people on here that always think bvg knows best and does no mistakes will help with it. When they rest of us will say i told you so :dizzy:


I always had a list of suggestions and made threads every other day but now I think to myself, they own the game they have the numbers, all the charts and activity with all the details and obviously this direction they are taking is working for them so they're not gonna change it.
User avatar
Nick Blade (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 4920
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Re: So.... ow come we cant

Postby DianaBanana (111036364) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:20 pm

wise words nick and the quite realistic atttitude. bvg owns this game and they have all the information about sales totals and what is selling and what is not. bvg's bottom line is to make a profit. they must be making enough profit to keep the game up and running. bvg will never, ever make every single player happy and complainers wlll always be complaners, negative people wlll always be negative people and those who suggestioins are ignored by bvg will always be upset. my head is not buried in the sand about anything on line or in real life. i chose to be positive and no amount of telling me i don't really know what is going on and i don't talk to enough yos, which do btw, or sendng me messages calling me a rainbow unicorn loviing puppy lover and bvg butt kisser will ever change my positivity. all it does it make me laugh and reafirm my opinion of some yos.
User avatar

DianaBanana (111036364)
YoWorld Level: 355
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8979
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Abee (108712228) » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:40 pm

Hootie JulieScraps (108384802) wrote:
Pigeonlips (139291280) wrote:I just don't get how bvg said there isn't enough to make a full theme, but then keep creating new items every gem event. At this point a whole theme has practically been made
:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
User avatar
Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 278
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2020
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Irony (118643888) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:26 am

xNVx (129595882) wrote:
Irony (118643888) wrote:
JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


and if more continue to take this position instead of sitting back and settling with the same ol thing over and over, the game will die. yes, there are still people playing but the older players (with the older theme items a lot of the new players are seeking) start walking it leaves you all with the themes you "are not buying this past year" then where does it leave you? and yes, there are posts like this all the time, heck i think there should be far more, 4-5 an hour if thats what it takes to get bvg to wake up and start actually venturing into new things, no game lasts with unhappy players. Ive been here since 09, so ive been through the zynga/viking switch but this isnt that, this is a completely fixable issue. as ive said, theyve shown with these events they have some creativity why are the ones here that think this is frivolous sitting back and settling for the selfproclaimed recycled themes? why not ask for something they can do?




Irony a few of us been trying to make people understand all that it falls on deaf ears hun. Some don't want to see what is happening to this game and the rest just stuck. BVG won't listen they think they know better they go by the numbers they see i guess without stepping a foot into th game theirselves. If they be about in the game like some of us talking to other players they would see what is really going on in the game. If i'm stuck in my house all day and just look at the numbers of online players i would think all is well also, but ppl don't realize that a lot of those online players are alts. They get mad at you for making statements about issues in the game because it doesn't go with their way of thinking about BVG. What they don't realize is that we are worried about what is happening to the game so we speak up, because we care enough for it that we mention things that could get fixed but no one wants to listen. It's like talking against the wall.


exactly =\ sucks cuz i enjoy deco as much as the next person but im literally stuck since theres nothing new. ive been just selling the shabby stuff minus 3 items i used in a room. at least selling is up :thumbsup:
User avatar

Irony (118643888)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 263
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Lee Balony (109806543) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:54 am

JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


Unfortunately many did leave. It was a last straw for many. My friends list decreased greatly and rapidly at that time.

Everyone has different expectations of the game....everyone plays differently.
For me as a decorator and collector I would have loved to see the shabby theme in stores.
I only participate in the gem events because its the only way to clear the stupid gem icon off my screen- I wont buy gems to try to get the items- but I have so much coin saved up now that I can purchase in the ah if I need to...I guess that is one perk of not enjoying the themes lately lol
so I will just wait and maybe they will come up with something with great quality like the shabby stuff
<3 Live ~ Love~ Laugh <3
You can't make everyone happy - you aren't a jar of Nutella.
User avatar
Lee Balony (109806543)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2198
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Canada Eh!

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Irony (118643888) » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:54 pm

Lee Balony (109806543) wrote:
JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


Unfortunately many did leave. It was a last straw for many. My friends list decreased greatly and rapidly at that time.

Everyone has different expectations of the game....everyone plays differently.
For me as a decorator and collector I would have loved to see the shabby theme in stores.
I only participate in the gem events because its the only way to clear the stupid gem icon off my screen- I wont buy gems to try to get the items- but I have so much coin saved up now that I can purchase in the ah if I need to...I guess that is one perk of not enjoying the themes lately lol
so I will just wait and maybe they will come up with something with great quality like the shabby stuff


same i have 679 people on my list and only 20 may actually still get on, and my list only goes back 2 years as i clean and delete the ones that quit over 2013 then again when they grew tired of the same old thing. tbh the forum is more active than yo.... but these others swear its alive and whatever, ye its alive with people that have 5+ alts at altons and the same 20-30 people in regular tc/auction events. auctions themselves have almost completely died, every now and then you might catch one vs the 3-4 nightly. and i mean closeds not opens where everyone sits and talks because no one wants to be robbed by selling lol. trade centers always have the same base 5-10 people in them. this all vs the packed events of the past.... even altons has lost MANY of their aus, uk people. annabanana should see that much at least.... when theres only 18 people on during those times zones and 30-40 during the est time zones, thats a GIANT loss but hey, what do i know?
User avatar

Irony (118643888)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 263
Forum Title: YoRegular

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby xNVx (129595882) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:00 am

Irony (118643888) wrote:
Lee Balony (109806543) wrote:
JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


Unfortunately many did leave. It was a last straw for many. My friends list decreased greatly and rapidly at that time.

Everyone has different expectations of the game....everyone plays differently.
For me as a decorator and collector I would have loved to see the shabby theme in stores.
I only participate in the gem events because its the only way to clear the stupid gem icon off my screen- I wont buy gems to try to get the items- but I have so much coin saved up now that I can purchase in the ah if I need to...I guess that is one perk of not enjoying the themes lately lol
so I will just wait and maybe they will come up with something with great quality like the shabby stuff


same i have 679 people on my list and only 20 may actually still get on, and my list only goes back 2 years as i clean and delete the ones that quit over 2013 then again when they grew tired of the same old thing. tbh the forum is more active than yo.... but these others swear its alive and whatever, ye its alive with people that have 5+ alts at altons and the same 20-30 people in regular tc/auction events. auctions themselves have almost completely died, every now and then you might catch one vs the 3-4 nightly. and i mean closeds not opens where everyone sits and talks because no one wants to be robbed by selling lol. trade centers always have the same base 5-10 people in them. this all vs the packed events of the past.... even altons has lost MANY of their aus, uk people. annabanana should see that much at least.... when theres only 18 people on during those times zones and 30-40 during the est time zones, thats a GIANT loss but hey, what do i know?



IK what you mean hun, we both do end up at the same events and just like you said most of them are dead. You are lucky if you catch an auction and most of the time it's a closed auction that has a lot of ppl in it and then it's always the same people. The community is growing smaller and smaller. I see everyday in the fb trading groups where people leave and go off to different games. I guess some people don't get around yo as much as we do and mostly stick to decorating or staying around certain ppl so they don't see it as much as we do. When u go to auctions and sales and other event like we do we get to know a lot of players over time and same with my list it went down drastically. You can't convince some people though because they always know better i have given up on giving feedback here because some think they run this forum and if it's not something they like to see posted here they call you being negative and stuff like that. Like you said the forums seem more active then the game is because some spent more time in forums trying to lecture others then spent time in the game itself.
User avatar

xNVx (129595882)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 1450
Forum Title: YoFollower

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby Riff (185643699) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:05 am

xNVx (129595882) wrote:
Irony (118643888) wrote:
Lee Balony (109806543) wrote:
JustJo (106622274) wrote:people will always post like this-I recall how many claimed they were done with yoworld due the items removed from the 50 shades of Yo-the same people claimed it would end the game no one would spend money people would pull their vip and leave....what a buncha caca they are all still here playing yoworld. This happens everytime a new theme comes out. I so wanted yotanic and each time it did't arrive sure I sighed but I still waited and now we have it. As I see it,it's a game-walkaway when it gets too be too much or you don't like it anymore or it's not enjoyable...after all you would do the same thing offline if this were the case...


Unfortunately many did leave. It was a last straw for many. My friends list decreased greatly and rapidly at that time.

Everyone has different expectations of the game....everyone plays differently.
For me as a decorator and collector I would have loved to see the shabby theme in stores.
I only participate in the gem events because its the only way to clear the stupid gem icon off my screen- I wont buy gems to try to get the items- but I have so much coin saved up now that I can purchase in the ah if I need to...I guess that is one perk of not enjoying the themes lately lol
so I will just wait and maybe they will come up with something with great quality like the shabby stuff


same i have 679 people on my list and only 20 may actually still get on, and my list only goes back 2 years as i clean and delete the ones that quit over 2013 then again when they grew tired of the same old thing. tbh the forum is more active than yo.... but these others swear its alive and whatever, ye its alive with people that have 5+ alts at altons and the same 20-30 people in regular tc/auction events. auctions themselves have almost completely died, every now and then you might catch one vs the 3-4 nightly. and i mean closeds not opens where everyone sits and talks because no one wants to be robbed by selling lol. trade centers always have the same base 5-10 people in them. this all vs the packed events of the past.... even altons has lost MANY of their aus, uk people. annabanana should see that much at least.... when theres only 18 people on during those times zones and 30-40 during the est time zones, thats a GIANT loss but hey, what do i know?



IK what you mean hun, we both do end up at the same events and just like you said most of them are dead. You are lucky if you catch an auction and most of the time it's a closed auction that has a lot of ppl in it and then it's always the same people. The community is growing smaller and smaller. I see everyday in the fb trading groups where people leave and go off to different games. I guess some people don't get around yo as much as we do and mostly stick to decorating or staying around certain ppl so they don't see it as much as we do. When u go to auctions and sales and other event like we do we get to know a lot of players over time and same with my list it went down drastically. You can't convince some people though because they always know better i have given up on giving feedback here because some think they run this forum and if it's not something they like to see posted here they call you being negative and stuff like that. Like you said the forums seem more active then the game is because some spent more time in forums trying to lecture others then spent time in the game itself.

:trophy:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
User avatar
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 380
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 10072
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: under Raffs bed

Re: So.... How come we cant

Postby ELFBackyardLullaby (103681266) » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:09 am

Nick Blade (187030201) wrote:
xNVx (129595882) wrote:
ELFBackyardLullaby (103681266) wrote:Because it's BVG, enough said :quiet: Eventually, they'll be the death of their own game o_o



I totally agree Elf, and the people on here that always think bvg knows best and does no mistakes will help with it. When they rest of us will say i told you so :dizzy:


I always had a list of suggestions and made threads every other day but now I think to myself, they own the game they have the numbers, all the charts and activity with all the details and obviously this direction they are taking is working for them so they're not gonna change it.

Very true, but some things need to be improved. One being customer service, it sucks...
User avatar

ELFBackyardLullaby (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4178
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Lost in Texas

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions