I wish... The Look Book

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Do you like the idea of "The Look Book"

I like it all!
53%
I like only the outfit side
7%
I like only the decor side
No votes
I only like the showcase side
No votes
I like some parts (will elaborate)
No votes
I don't like it
23%
I neither like it nor dislike it
17%

Total votes : 30

I wish... The Look Book

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:32 am

This looks lengthy, but give it a read, please :heart:

I wish there was a feature called "The Look Book," where other players could dress up my avi for me. Honestly, these days it's hard for me to dress myself in YoWorld, lol. I would love for other players to be able to dress my avi for me with an outfit idea and if I like it I can wear it. With this "Look Book" idea, players could have and do just that! It would be anonymous who is asking to be dressed, but players can request to be dressed! Essentially, they'd be asking YOU and all of YoWorld!

This Look Book would be for all players to access, just like we do with the event room and outfit voting and design. It would be totally anonymous, the player that you're dressing. You won't know who's "closet you stepped into" or who you are dressing. It would be as if you are in that player's edit mode, as only the items the requester owns would be item options, and once done designing an outfit for that requesting player, you can "submit" that outfit to the requesting player. If that requesting player likes the outfit, they can save it in their Look Book for later, or equip it. If they don't like it they can reject it. You won't know if it was rejected ;) :haha:. You can be an anonymous submission to that player, or if you want you can let that player know that you are submitting this design to them IF they like it, by letting your name be revealed if they choose to save your idea. Just how voting is anonymous til we like a players outfit? Same kind of concept.

Think of the events we've been doing that have themes and we have to dress up our Avi for ourselves. The lookbook would be a setup like that but of all the players who want someone to create an outfit for them, and these players could also request a theme. One could type a custom theme for players to build around for them. For example "Dress me for a party" or "Give me a Halloween look." Then players in YoWorld could dress that avi using that players items and hit submit. Once submitted, the player that requested the outfit could browse through the outfits made for them and if they like them they can save them and if they don't they can reject them.

Maybe there could be a reward for players whose outfit idea is chosen. Let's say you designed an outfit for someone and they liked it enough to save it. A notification would pop up in YOUR look book (Not an annoying on screen pop up) saying a player liked your outfit design, here's 1K as a reward to claim.

This would also be great for those players who would like other people to decorate their homes for them. What if we could choose a room in a house to be decorated and we can request players to either do a freestyle design or a theme, and if we like their design we can save that room in the "lookbook" to later apply to our room?

Also, you know how we are given a start for the room challenges and the outfit challenges; fixed items? What if we could have fixed items at the start of the outfit design request in our Look Book. Let's say we have a perfect face combo that we like. We could lock in the facial features we want a player to build around, or even outfit pieces we want a player to build around. What if we have a pair of pants and shirt but we don't know what else to pair it with in our Yo closet, or we have the start of a face but don't know how to finish it or what hair would go best? We could let players add on to our looks through their design.

This could be done also with the rooms. Have you ever started a room and you just couldn't finish it? Why not let somebody else finish it for you?

The Look Book would save all the designs that we like, room and outfit. We could save many, not just one option. Later we could equip them or apply them.

Have enough look and room options? You could "close" the period for submissions to your Look Book for a specific theme, or open it back up later. It'd be a Look Book made for you.

For you fashonistas, I know many people love sharing their looks! I think it would be great if the lookbook could also have a showcase where players can submit their ingame outfits to be shown to all of YoWorld, and if the players that view that players outfit likes the outfit, there could be an option to "get the look" where you can view all the items that that person is wearing and you can buy them directly, or go on the hunt for some that aren't available in stores. Think of the view outfit option but without having to be in the room with that Avi. You can simply browse this Look Book showcase section and be inspired. Maybe even a room showcase, with furni buying options???

All of this would be at the Players discretion, not automatic. You would submit for yourself if you want someone to dress you up or design your room. You would decide to share your looks or rooms to YoWorld. You'd decide to participate in the lookbook. You'd decide to dress someone up, or help them with a room. It'd be an option that players can either be a part of or not be a part of, and it not affect their game. A fixed ingame feature with its own icon, like AH has its gavel.

I think this would be a great, fun feature.

I think it's more complicated for the room decoring side, but I think it would be great for the outfit portion.

Hopefully my idea makes sense. If it does, do you think it would be something that you would like to see in the game? Would you like to decorate someone else's home or dress someone up? Would you let other's be your stylist or interior designer? Let me know your thoughts on it in the replies. Thanks for reading my idea! :hug:
Last edited by xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) on Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................
And I know we're both better off, even though it doesn't feel that way at all.
When a new one does come along, I'm just hoping I'll be ready for the fall.

MY WISHLIST (click here)
xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 17, 2011

Forum Posts: 10038
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: I wish... The Look Book

Postby Riff (185643699) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:39 am

sounds fun :haha:

ive always been interested in the idea of being able to edit other peoples homes... i never even considered the dressing up thing. it would be so much fun, and helpful, of course so long as bvg put in settings so that the features(s) werent able to be abused
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 381
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 10556

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:43 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:sounds fun :haha:

ive always been interested in the idea of being able to edit other peoples homes... i never even considered the dressing up thing. it would be so much fun, and helpful, of course so long as bvg put in settings so that the features(s) werent able to be abused

Definitely! It would be similar to the gem event voting setup; Random. You wouldn't know who you're dressing or who's items you're viewing :heart:. Think of it as an annonymous client. Pull them an outfit. Walk into the room of a random home and unleash your talent! :haha:

:hug:

Also, any items no longer in stores should not have a buy button, just as view outfit is set up; We can only buy what's avail instores on the spot.
.......................................xo JoyceCHoice ox ..........................

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby Riff (185643699) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:50 am

xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) wrote:

Definitely! It would be similar to the gem event voting setup; Random. You wouldn't know who you're dressing or who's items you're viewing :heart:. Think of it as an annonymous client. Pull them an outfit. Walk into the room of a random home and unleash your talent! :haha:

oops :haha: my dreams have always been to be able to do this to buddies, i wanna mess up their homes for fun and they can do the same to me. i think it would make for a lot of giggles. BUT there would have to be strict settings to opt in or out and would need to have a "clear back to original design" option
if bvg set it up right it could definitely work well with both our visions and i think could be a massive game changer :thumbsup:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:56 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:

oops :haha: my dreams have always been to be able to do this to buddies, i wanna mess up their homes for fun and they can do the same to me. i think it would make for a lot of giggles. BUT there would have to be strict settings to opt in or out and would need to have a "clear back to original design" option
if bvg set it up right it could definitely work well with both our visions and i think could be a massive game changer :thumbsup:

Yeah, the buddy thing is popular! Alot of peeps are iffy on that, with friend betrayals, :silly:. Random helps, lol, but it'd be fun to decor for friends. Would def need to be strict. Maybe it'll be reality someday :thumbsup:.

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby Allergic2BS (135815676) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:29 am

I thought I was reading a Ricky BamBam post :haha: :hug:
Allergic2BS (135815676)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 4382
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: In order for you to insult me.. I must 1st value your opinion.

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:28 am

Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:I thought I was reading a Ricky BamBam post :haha: :hug:

Is that a good thing? lol, *hopes so, hopes so*
:hug: :hug:

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:10 am

I would be in people's closet dressing them up for Halloween everyday. :haha: :haha: :haha:
14 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10546

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:14 am

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I would be in people's closet dressing them up for Halloween everyday. :haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha: :rose:

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby Spurts (126579776) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:23 am

I'd gift people clown stuff just to dress them properly. :thumbsup: :haha:

You may not understand my specific kind of crazy, but you should at least admire my commitment to it.

Spurts (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 26585
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:I'd gift people clown stuff just to dress them properly. :thumbsup: :haha:

14 DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN!

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 10546

Postby Allergic2BS (135815676) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:32 am

I'd dress all ya'll like this or something like this.. :haha: :haha:

Allergic2BS (135815676)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 4382
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: In order for you to insult me.. I must 1st value your opinion.

Postby MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 am

Sounds fun! I am the laziest when it comes to change clothes. I have been changing but the lag and the not knowing names and not even knowing what I own, makes it so hard sometimes.
I think it will be fun to see how other people dress my Avi, but I could not let anyone change my beloved mouth , so that mouth is the only option they would get for lips ;)
Last edited by MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) on Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 588
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Riff (185643699) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 am

Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:I thought I was reading a Ricky BamBam post :haha: :hug:

Is that a good thing? lol, *hopes so, hopes so*
:hug: :hug:

nothing wrong with a bambam post. he used to speak when it mattered, passion for the game is huge, very smart guy but sadly removed :sleepy:
Riff (185643699)

Postby Spurts (126579776) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:45 am

Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:I'd dress all ya'll like this or something like this.. :haha: :haha:

Still hotter than rets and a bow. :love:

You may not understand my specific kind of crazy, but you should at least admire my commitment to it.

Spurts (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 26585
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Oinky Toink (117686344) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:46 am

Yes :D .
Allergic2BS (135815676) wrote:I'd dress all ya'll like this or something like this.. :haha: :haha:

We are out of rice krispies har har

Oinky Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 7128
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 pm

MasLocaQueTuTia (121801712) wrote:Sounds fun! I am the laziest when it comes to change clothes. I have been changing but the lag and the not knowing names and not even knowing what I own, makes it so hard sometimes.
I think it will be fun to see how other people dress my Avi, but I could not let anyone change my beloved mouth , so that mouth is the only option they would get for lips ;)

:haha:

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:28 pm

thanks for voting, all

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:42 pm

What a great idea! It would be best if you knew in advance how many items they have in inventory, so you knew you would have something to work with.

Very creative, very original, very fun!
:thumbsup:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 6639
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby xo JoyceCHoice ox (180728982) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:26 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:What a great idea! It would be best if you knew in advance how many items they have in inventory, so you knew you would have something to work with.

Very creative, very original, very fun!
:thumbsup:

:hug: :heart:

MY WISHLIST (click here)

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions