[FEEDBACK] MA2018: Magic Academy (Monday July 16th)

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [FEEDBACK] MA2018: Magic Academy (Friday July 13th)

Postby Liam (130695460) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:13 pm

Completely lost interest :thumbsup:
Liam (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 16911
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Viking David » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Liam (130695460) wrote:Completely lost interest :thumbsup:

Hey Liam!

You've been known to give some awesome feedback that is actionable in the past and I'd love if you could elaborate on why you've "lost interest" in the theme.
We love reading feedback from YoFans, but we do prefer that it is constructive and detailed so that we can take action.
:D :thumbsup:

Viking David
YoWorld Level: 116

Forum Posts: 520
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Re: [FEEDBACK] MA2018: Magic Academy (Thursday July 12th)

Postby Roxy (114741882) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:26 pm

SUSHIgirl (111646228) wrote:
Roxy (114741882) wrote:OMG are you freaking kidding me?!!!! Bought the dining tables with the food and you have to click it to see the food?!!! Once clicked and you leave the room an go back in nope no food!!!!!!! Whats the flipping point my I ask???? :grr

I think that is the "magic" part from the movie, food instantly appeared on the tables. Kinda neat concept but would be misunderstood if you had not seen the movie?

Then why didn't they just make it animated to go on an off while your in the room I would of been fine with that! :idea:

Roxy (114741882)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 626
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby VoldeSnort (3054329) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:53 pm

I have to say that despite all the issues, I am having a great time this theme. If nothing else, its making me come up with some great ideas and For the first time in a long time, I dont really know where to start because of how much I want to decorate. Now, the releases have been hit and miss and I feel that the rooms are lacking a lot of items I would like to see but I have been really actively decorating the past week. I am excited to see what is in each release. I get frustrated too... so many ideas are unworkable with what we get and I just spent almost an hour looking for Umbridge clothing.... I could have swore we had stuff in her style but I am not a dresser upper and I just gave up! The fun is outweighing the frustration though and I am having fun. Yay.
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.

VoldeSnort (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 8610
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Liam (130695460) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:04 pm

Viking David wrote:
Liam (130695460) wrote:Completely lost interest :thumbsup:

Hey Liam!

You've been known to give some awesome feedback that is actionable in the past and I'd love if you could elaborate on why you've "lost interest" in the theme.
We love reading feedback from YoFans, but we do prefer that it is constructive and detailed so that we can take action.
:D :thumbsup:

Sorry, I was watching my favourite TV show and just quickly shared a thought.

Clothing
The clothing this theme has been very lacklustre in its quality. We seem to be creeping back to the very poor quality of clothing we got in the Holiday Train & Ice Village themes.

What's the weird line in the crotch area?

Why is there a weird dark patch on these, and then they become a really light gold?

Why does this look like a 2010/11 item & also look like a Belt we received in the AN2018 theme?

Why are all clothes so shiny?!

Appearance
Why do the new eyes have such a pointless animation? Is it so you can charge more?

What are these?!

Why does this look like the Butcher hair from HW2016?

Why does this look extremely similar to the Shaggy Hair EMA2018?

Why do your hairs now look wet?

Furniture
The Grand Hall furniture is a MUCH NEEDED improvement. Prices seem right, and the furniture is of much higher quality, so thanks for that.

Why do so many pieces look like ones we already have, and why is this an ongoing issue?

Why did you just recolour Mediterranean Getaway couches? If you're going to do that, you could at least offer some for coins.

Why don't all of the purples in this release match? Look how many different hex codes there are!

Why is the chair so much bigger than the couch in the same release?

Why are the Flying Bats bigger than the Baby Dragons?

Why are these so small and modern looking?

Why do the lions look so flattened?

Why are the desks so small and the cauldrons so big?

Wouldn't one of these be enough?

What is with the quality of these items? That glass...

Why is this such a weird quality?

And as Autumn Glory keeps mentioning, don't fill out your releases with recolours, and say you're releasing lots of items, when only half the release is original items.
Liam (130695460)

Postby Liam (130695460) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:07 pm

I wonder if David regrets asking me now. :haha:
Liam (130695460)

Postby VoldeSnort (3054329) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Liam (130695460) wrote:I wonder if David regrets asking me now. :haha:

I love it! You have pointed out some real issues!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.

VoldeSnort (3054329)

Postby VoldeSnort (3054329) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:30 pm

money saving tip... camp yo benches can be ok depending on what tables you use! 600 coins each.... I used about a million or so, but still cheaper than yc!

VoldeSnort (3054329)

Postby BrandonPLUSH (3852887) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Some seriously good feedback from Liam there. This theme had great potential but it's execution is poor to say the least.
Join PLUSH Trade Centre on Facebook here with over 2500 members!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/541166186034425/
Check out my space station! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h11234815
BrandonPLUSH (3852887)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 20, 2008

Forum Posts: 1124
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Teddy D (187486211) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:37 pm

Just popping on to say nothing interesting for me today . Especially the steam train choo choo legs :haha: , too infantile IMO. The randomized pet crates have gone up in price this time around and I hardly need any more pets, the rare Phoenix is more interesting but I'll still pass . Ty though.

Teddy D (187486211)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 07, 2017

Forum Posts: 1629
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Autumn Glory (105171200) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:54 pm

VoldeSnort (3054329) wrote:money saving tip... camp yo benches can be ok depending on what tables you use! 600 coins each.... I used about a million or so, but still cheaper than yc!

I used them too!

"No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." ~Aesop

Autumn Glory (105171200)
YoWorld Level: 305
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 9920

Postby Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:11 pm

VoldeSnort (3054329) wrote:money saving tip... camp yo benches can be ok depending on what tables you use! 600 coins each.... I used about a million or so, but still cheaper than yc!
I'm curious to know which tables you used they fit perfectly in the room

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 6644
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Abee (108712228) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:52 pm

Heck yeah!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I used a coffee table as benches in my classroom. :D :D

Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 1735

Postby Ember (153690198) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:01 pm

Abee (108712228) wrote:Heck yeah!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I used a coffee table as benches in my classroom. :D :D

Love your room super adorable how you got the pet to pose for it and all!
Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 3148
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Abee (108712228) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Ember (153690198) wrote:
Abee (108712228) wrote:Heck yeah!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I used a coffee table as benches in my classroom. :D :D

Love your room super adorable how you got the pet to pose for it and all!

Thank you!
Hahahaha. Do you have any idea how hard that was to do!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Abee (108712228)
YoWorld Level: 275
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 1735

Postby VoldeSnort (3054329) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:35 am

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) wrote:
I'm curious to know which tables you used they fit perfectly in the room

Mahogany loft table is what its called. Not sure what theme because its cut off when I decorate!

Autumn Glory (105171200) wrote:I used them too!

Oh, I love the wall space and stuff in yours! I may have to look at using my almost empty castle and having a play! It looks great AG!

VoldeSnort (3054329)

Postby VoldeSnort (3054329) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:36 am

Cool! I used dining tables as desks in one of mine I think......

VoldeSnort (3054329)

Postby lotusYTS (10959268) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:31 am

Love this theme adding to my school I had started all ready trouble is sizes the table with wizard and others is way to big to sit where it is supose to go in hall you can not see most of them , I wrote and asked if you could resize it for us was told no :( wondering if it was tried in room before it was released ?? also bed room side tables way to small to be beside bed. Dragons too small they get lost in room :( many disappointments and was so looking forward to this theme and do love every thing just wish the sizes and colors Matched , is very disappointing again seems to be a real problem with sizes lately. May be they can be tried in the rooms before they are released . I am not buying things that size is off any more . :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: was a wonderful theme ruined buy not enough care in sizes of products

lotusYTS (10959268)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 112
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby XxLady LovelyxX (153581311) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:34 am

This theme had me so excited! I was hoping to decorate the whole world of Harry Potter, or at very least the school. But certain aspects prevented me from pursuing decorating/dressing up.. I do think I will be able to utilize a small amount of things from this theme, but overall I cannot see myself wanting the majority of the items. I think maybe you should do a pre theme survery asking people HOW they particularly picture a theme being executed. I've voted for majority of the themes being released lately but I do not like them, as they weren't anything close to what I pictured.

House:

Firstly, just being as EPIC as HP is I was expected a ton more from the house (it's not horrible but it lacked the darkness and seemed a bit generic). This castle could be for anything and the coloration and vibrancy just didn't scream HP to me. I had planned to use another house if the furniture was good. House isn't a huge issue for me, as we have lots of other options though. But then the furniture left me wanting more too. On the plus side, I am very glad you have been including a coin home option and salute you for that.

Furniture:

What I expected- dusty dirty old looking items, deep colors (think emerald green, burgundy, plum, black, charcoal), more of a spooky/dark tone, ecclectic blend of furniture

What we got- almost a cutesy version of HP, very vibrant colors (there are some in the movie but in terms of furniture it was way too much), matchy-matchy to a fault (all the items feel the same). I didn't like the colored rims and table covers/pillows etc and it was on everything (why do this for a theme if it makes no sense?). I know I could mix other themes but I feel like I wouldn't be satisfied with the result, so I didn't try.

Things I would have liked to see- Qidditch items/stadium (or clothes), Moving Staircases, Moaning Myrtle NPC and bathroom items, Chamber of secrets chess board, Some mystical creatures (big size), way more student and teacher NPCS (much better dressed next time please), Flying Dementors etc.

Clothes-
I felt like these weren't creative as they could be for the series. The first clothing release had a good blend of items reminiscint of the movie, but the hat and other yc items were poor quality in my opinion. The hat especially looks very flat and not particularly detailed. The next release was not bad in any way, but it didn't feel like HP costumes to me. Just generic witchy costumes. Reminded me more of Oz.

Things that would have been cool- Dumbledore,'s beard and facials Hagrid inspired costume, Delores Umbrigde inspired clothes (her office would have also had superb furniture options), Dark Mark tattoos, Voldemort mask, Mad Eye's moving eyeball, Harry's striped scarf, a variety of interesting shaped wands to choose from etc.

I'm still glad you made this theme and I feel you guys have been trying. However, even though you state you are putting out the best quality possible it is also increasingly frustrating dealing with sizing discrepencies and blurry/grainy items. I'd rather not even see an item in stores if it's going to look like that. It just makes me feel annoyed. I'd rather have less items that actually make the mark.

Considering this theme is so whimsical and has enormous options, I just thought it would be more creative. I think that's my biggest complaint. If executed properly I could see this being one of the best themes of all time. I would love if you had another go at this one sometime. I think you all need to do things like office movie marathons if not and really get in the spirit. Maybe even do dress up days at work. Get your team inspired :)
ImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Click the key to visit my apartment!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XxLady LovelyxX (153581311)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 17, 2010

Forum Posts: 1327
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Liam (130695460) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:27 am

This is quite clearly an item you've used to get the total item count for this release up:

Liam (130695460)

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions