[UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:42 am

hummingbird (12795999) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:Hey guys! I've been noticing a few common trends in your questions, so here are a few more answers in a consolidated format for your reading pleasure :heart:

What about shared computers, can more than one person use it?
Yes! Again, the App logs in through Facebook. Log out of Facebook using the arrow at the top right corner of the screen to log into another Facebook account!



We tried this and it is still showing the avatar of the person who downloaded the app. Maybe it is just a glitch. Could it be because of the shared IP address? I don't know but there needs to be a solution for this issue.


You have to log out of both FB and the YoWorld app screen. If you go into game through normal FB, you should see the pop up to use your normal browser or the app. If you choose the app, it should open in it's own window and your FB page will still be open. Log out of both, then try logging in with another players info. :)
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7895
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:46 am

Smelly Kat (108948556) wrote:Help! I’m not that computer savvy, I use an iPad Pro… I’m not sure what to do. I click on all of the three options, Local Storage,DropBOX and Google Drive..... The only one that did anything was the Google Drive, it said it was downloading then it said the download was complete, but I have no idea where to find it! Can somebody help me I’ve been trying to do this for two days now… Thank you! :sad:


Pretty sure it can only be used on 64 bit computers. Not tablets or phones.
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7895
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby dr Laly (1669155) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:51 am

I don't have options to log out. o_o
User avatar
dr Laly (1669155)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:32 am

dr Laly (1669155) wrote:I don't have options to log out. o_o


Click the down arrow.

Image
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7895
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby KimmieStarDreams (14315228) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:34 am

Can I use it on Linux/Chromebook?
We only support Windows and Mac at this time. We'll have more information about future updates and how they will affect compatibility sometime soon. ) i dont think i can download it cause i have chomebook laptop .
Image
User avatar
KimmieStarDreams (14315228)
YoWorld Level: 288
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 23, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 84881
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: *Somewhere Online *

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:44 am

Now my game in Google Chrome browser keep hanging. Then I open the app and it loaded but not before it popup this :eh:
Image
Image
We are out of rice krispies har har
User avatar

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6839
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby SmartTGurl (141611272) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:49 am

I am so confused. I have a Chromebook. What do I need to do? Thanks! :eh:
User avatar

SmartTGurl (141611272)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 20, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 151
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:59 am

Toink Toink (117686344) wrote:Now my game in Google Chrome browser keep hanging. Then I open the app and it loaded but not before it popup this :eh:
Image


Mine is lagging really bad today. Yesterday when I downloaded the app, it was the fastest my game has ever run... Maybe they are doing something behind the scenes. I logged out for now.
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7895
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:04 am

Yeah I agree. Can't even load my inventory for AH and I got stuff want to sell badly.

Now it loads in Puffin but not in Chrome or app.
Image
We are out of rice krispies har har
User avatar

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6839
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby dr Laly (1669155) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:50 am

BykaChic (134177197) wrote:
dr Laly (1669155) wrote:I don't have options to log out. o_o


Click the down arrow.

Image

No,I don't have that section in app. Thats blank.
User avatar
dr Laly (1669155)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Viking Jess » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 am

dr Laly (1669155) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:
dr Laly (1669155) wrote:I don't have options to log out. o_o


Click the down arrow.

Image

No,I don't have that section in app. Thats blank.

Can you scroll to the right? It should be there, but your display settings may not allow for it on one screen :)
User avatar

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 286
 
Forum Posts: 9022
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity
Location: YoWorld HQ @ Big Viking Games

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby VegasMama (102470159) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:01 am

While hot dogs currently work, is there a way to enter them or use them directly from the desktop app? Currently I log into facebook on Chrome and click a hot dog link or copy/paste one into the browser bar and then as it connects, I choose the desktop app. Is there plans in the future to have a way to do this directly from the app or will two browsers be necessary every time? Or the elimination of hot dogs altogether?
User avatar

VegasMama (102470159)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: May 13, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 253
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Somewhere with an open bar...

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Chickadee (103201321) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:52 am

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!
Postby ChAoTiC (160142421) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:07 pm

I don't see it as a browser because if I click on the forum in game it opens up my actual browser. Am I doing something wrong?
"What is the Desktop App?
The YoWorld Desktop App is a browser, just like Chrome or Safari or Internet Explorer - but it was made specifically to run Flash for YoWorld during the 'in-between' time before 2020."

I'm experiencing the same thing with the BVG Browser, is opening my Chrome Browser while gathering Hot dogs or gathering Treasure, Adoption or loot fish in FW, anything from my FB wall or coming to this Forum or FW Community .
This morning I opened Chrome, I hadn't logged in anywhere, & I had 2 Chrome Browser windows open: 1 with the Forum, not logged into, besides my other Chrome Browser window with Bible tabs on it. I do log off FB after using your BVG Browser as well as quit the app to close the Browser as I would Chrome from the top left hand side.

I'm feeling insecure now, not understanding what/why this is happening. My assumption is Chrome is my default Browser. The BVG Browser is unable to handle tabs, so it defaults to Chrome or opens up several app windows? I had 3 Goldies in my task bar & then it opened Chrome. Than I started shutting windows down when I realized what was happening. Yo is quicker to open Chrome.

I'm here since it brought me here. LOL Warm Gentle Group Hug. You all have your work cut out for ya. I'm so sorry, it seems Thankless after reading all the threads, but we don't understand this.
1. Are we Safe?
2. Will we have tabs & bookmarks with this browser? Thank you, for all your hard work,
User avatar

Chickadee (103201321)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm

Chickadee (103201321) wrote:Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!
Postby ChAoTiC (160142421) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:07 pm

I don't see it as a browser because if I click on the forum in game it opens up my actual browser. Am I doing something wrong?
"What is the Desktop App?
The YoWorld Desktop App is a browser, just like Chrome or Safari or Internet Explorer - but it was made specifically to run Flash for YoWorld during the 'in-between' time before 2020."

I'm experiencing the same thing with the BVG Browser, is opening my Chrome Browser while gathering Hot dogs or gathering Treasure, Adoption or loot fish in FW, anything from my FB wall or coming to this Forum or FW Community .
This morning I opened Chrome, I hadn't logged in anywhere, & I had 2 Chrome Browser windows open: 1 with the Forum, not logged into, besides my other Chrome Browser window with Bible tabs on it. I do log off FB after using your BVG Browser as well as quit the app to close the Browser as I would Chrome from the top left hand side.

I'm feeling insecure now, not understanding what/why this is happening. My assumption is Chrome is my default Browser. The BVG Browser is unable to handle tabs, so it defaults to Chrome or opens up several app windows? I had 3 Goldies in my task bar & then it opened Chrome. Than I started shutting windows down when I realized what was happening. Yo is quicker to open Chrome.

I'm here since it brought me here. LOL Warm Gentle Group Hug. You all have your work cut out for ya. I'm so sorry, it seems Thankless after reading all the threads, but we don't understand this.
1. Are we Safe?
2. Will we have tabs & bookmarks with this browser? Thank you, for all your hard work,




I would say yes we are safe. I have no worries personally.

Not sure if this is what you meant by bookmark, but I typed in YoWorld in the search area on your computer, the YoWorld App shows, I right clicked it and pinned to start. Mine is at the bottom of my screen for easy access. If I want to grab hot dogs, I go in through facebook, and then into the app.

If you use the pinned one at the bottom of your screen on your computer, it takes you right in game.
If you go in through facebook, you would get two screens. At least that is how it is working for me. Facebook in one window, the game app in another. My facebook browser that is open will still have the pop up to choose the app. I close it down or click back to home on facebook. My game is now open as well.

Image
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Image
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7895
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby dr Laly (1669155) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
dr Laly (1669155) wrote:
BykaChic (134177197) wrote:
dr Laly (1669155) wrote:I don't have options to log out. o_o


Click the down arrow.

Image

No,I don't have that section in app. Thats blank.

Can you scroll to the right? It should be there, but your display settings may not allow for it on one screen :)

I had it but it disappeared. Now i am logged with other account,and i can"t log out
User avatar
dr Laly (1669155)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 01, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby CrazyTrain (110025768) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:00 pm

it gives me no option to zoom at the top,all that is gone with the new desktop app.it doesn't even have an https address bar,the screen it gives me is too small to play on i had to uninstall the download?
User avatar

CrazyTrain (110025768)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 26, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 8
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby E lAiNe (183671410) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, I think this is my first post after playing all these years. My question is on the new download of the Yoworld app. I find the screen tiny and the ads for free coin does not work as good. I logging in through facebook for the free coins, for watching the ads.
I have tried using Ctrl and the + to zoom in to get the Yo game to fit my screen. It does not work. Will this be an issue that will be fixed? Thanks, and have a wonderful day. :bye: :heart:
User avatar
E lAiNe (183671410)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 28, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Mark (103975844) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 pm

What happen when a player has no computer, so they won’t able to play YoWorld on their iPad or other mobile devices?

Surely they going to find a way to bring out a mobile app connected directed from Facebook log in to play... like you see with other games,
User avatar
Mark (103975844)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: May 30, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3999
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: YoWorld

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby BykaChic (134177197) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:53 pm

E lAiNe (183671410) wrote:Hi, I think this is my first post after playing all these years. My question is on the new download of the Yoworld app. I find the screen tiny and the ads for free coin does not work as good. I logging in through facebook for the free coins, for watching the ads.
I have tried using Ctrl and the + to zoom in to get the Yo game to fit my screen. It does not work. Will this be an issue that will be fixed? Thanks, and have a wonderful day. :bye: :heart:



Hi there :)
Here you go:

Viking Jess wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:Seems to run pretty smoothly - maybe better than it currently does on Chrome. Seems less laggy. I haven't tested out everything on it yet, so I don't know. The one thing I don't like, though, is that I can't expand the game screen. I have mine set to 110% on Chrome, but there's no way to adjust the size/resolution on the app. Not the end of the world, but it would be nice if there could be an option to adjust the settings, IF possible. :)


Zoom options should be in an upcoming update, if all goes well :thumbsup:
Image
"And I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free. And I wont forget the men who died, who gave that right to me......" - Lee Greenwood
User avatar

BykaChic (134177197)
YoWorld Level: 322
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7895
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: In The Wind

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Chickadee (103201321) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:11 pm

I would say yes we are safe. I have no worries personally.

Not sure if this is what you meant by bookmark, but I typed in YoWorld in the search area on your computer, the YoWorld App shows, I right clicked it and pinned to start. Mine is at the bottom of my screen for easy access. If I want to grab hot dogs, I go in through facebook, and then into the app.
If you use the pinned one at the bottom of your screen on your computer, it takes you right in game.
If you go in through facebook, you would get two screens. At least that is how it is working for me. Facebook in one window, the game app in another. My facebook browser that is open will still have the pop up to choose the app. I close it down or click back to home on facebook. My game is now open as well.

Thank you, Yes, I have Yo & FW pinned to my task bar, as you do. To gather Hot Dogs, I go to FB Home Page, Saved Links, Hot Dog & Chrome Browser will open. Forum link inside Game opens Chrome Browser instead of a another Tab, or just going there like it did from BVG Yo to FB Home. I understood I don't need Chrome open for this BVG Game Browser is sufficient to run Yo or the other BVG Browser to run FW. But not all links are remaining inside the the Browser, it reaches out to open Chrome. What else can/could open up accidentally or because of a needed link up? Yo, Yo Forum, FW & FW Community, Hot Dogs, Treasure fish, Adoption fish or Loot fish should be accessed on 1 BVG Browser. A Browser should take you to the link , by tab or changing pages, not another Browser that is closed. This is complicated for sure. They do excellent programming, they will get this all sorted & together shortly. Bookmarks is a want not a need to have now LOL like we have on Chrome Browser, different address for daily access or interest. Actually the 2 app icons are acting more like tabs or bookmarks not a full Browser Maybe BVG Browser is like a plug in, but what do I really know about programming? We are spoiled by having saved links that are safe & always been the same right address. Have a patient day.
User avatar

Chickadee (103201321)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18
Forum Title: YoRookie

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions