[UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [UPDATE] Introducing: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Ather (104543606) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:40 pm

Well, managed to get logged into Facebook through it. still won't load the game. Just the side panel. I'll happily use it when the Vikings get it actually operational. Until then, I'll be forced to stick wit the Flash version. Yech!

So be sure and let me know when you have a new and working version I can download. Looking forward to actually being able to use it. One day.
Ather (104543606)
YoWorld Level: 244
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 59
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby CCDawn (186134881) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:15 pm

So far so good! No problems and it is faster I can even type in the message area now, even chat a bit. You're on the right track...might even be able to visit with friends again in a room in the future with no lag and be able to chat with a group of friends. Keep up the great work BVG!!! :D :drink: :heart: :hug: :rose: :thumbsup:
I think I'll just be happy today... :smug:
CCDawn (186134881)
YoWorld Level: 142
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 19, 2015

Forum Posts: 35

Postby ShannaMammaJamma (106457115) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:07 pm

I have 3 windows laptops on which I cant play yo using chrome, opera, firefox, or micrsoft edge. Now going to try my mac desktop. Yo and I might just have seen our last day together. Sad.

ShannaMammaJamma (106457115)
YoWorld Level: 380
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 1963
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby LittleLo (117960479) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:08 pm

IIxL1NKxGFYxII (119478795) wrote:
LittleLo (117960479) wrote:I run Linux with Chrome browser, should I just click on the update...I mean I don't use windows or mac so I am just not sure what I should be doing.

I tried it with Wine and I got the need windows 7 or higher

So this means....no more YoWorld for us?

LittleLo (117960479)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 28, 2009

Forum Posts: 68

Postby Viking Jess » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:11 pm

LittleLo (117960479) wrote:
IIxL1NKxGFYxII (119478795) wrote:
LittleLo (117960479) wrote:I run Linux with Chrome browser, should I just click on the update...I mean I don't use windows or mac so I am just not sure what I should be doing.

I tried it with Wine and I got the need windows 7 or higher

So this means....no more YoWorld for us?

You'll still be able to play YoWorld in a traditional browser right up until the final 2020 date (I believe the 'deadline' is sometime in the summer). We'll likely have more news for Linux and other OS users long before that date :)

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 286

Forum Posts: 9022
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity

Postby Cobs TWD (12617180) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:24 pm

ShannaMammaJamma (106457115) wrote:I have 3 windows laptops on which I cant play yo using chrome, opera, firefox, or micrsoft edge. Now going to try my mac desktop. Yo and I might just have seen our last day together. Sad.

Try the puffin browser for windows, it opens fb just fine and open yoworld from fb, it works and am using it as l type :)
https://www.puffinbrowser.com/windows/

Cobs TWD (12617180)
YoWorld Level: 241
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 1231
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Barbara (105060285) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:25 pm

So Viking Jess ,
Are all FB games going to end in 2020..that includes other games like Farmville, Candy Crush ..without the flash player ???? This will be a major problem why isnt FB coming up with an answer ???

Barbara (105060285)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 589
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Hannah BeckhamYoMD (155773682) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:47 pm

44Straw tm4YFD (116376068) wrote:Seems to work, but is slower than what I'm used to. Make it faster please. Like the log in bonuses. Thanks for again saving this game. BVG's rocks!

Ditto 100%. :thumbsup:

Hannah BeckhamYoMD (155773682)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010

Forum Posts: 888

Postby hummingbird (12795999) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:54 pm

My question is this - What if you have two people in the same house, that use the same computer to play YoWorld? We tried downloading the app but it will only work for one of the people. Doing it from the other person's account, it brought up the first person's YoWorld avatar. Is there going to be a way for two people in the same household to play YoWorld on the the app on the same computer? We didn't see anywhere that we could change it to the other person's account and avatar. This is really going to be an issue as we play a few of the same games in our house on the same computer. I hope all games can figure out a solution for this issue!

So far, the app itself seems to be running smoothly and faster but time will tell, as more people start using it, if the lag will return. I hope not. This game used to be so fun and enjoyable but has seemed more like a chore recently due to the lag. I don't want to stop playing it after more than 9 years but if it goes back to a chore more than it is fun, I will.
hummingbird (12795999)
YoWorld Level: 219
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Viking Jess » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Hey guys! I've been noticing a few common trends in your questions, so here are a few more answers in a consolidated format for your reading pleasure :heart:

What is the Desktop App?
The YoWorld Desktop App is a browser, just like Chrome or Safari or Internet Explorer - but it was made specifically to run Flash for YoWorld during the 'in-between' time before 2020.

Can I keep playing if I can't/don't want to download?
Of course! Flash will not be fully deprecated until sometime in 2020. You'll be able to play on any browser - the App as well as more traditional browsers - until that time. You just may have to authorize Flash more frequently on other browsers as time goes on.

Can I zoom in?
Not with the very first version, but we hear your feedback! This should be addressed in a future update.

Will I lose my account / start over?
No! Your YoWorld account is tied to your Facebook account. The Desktop App still requires you to log into Facebook to play YoWorld, so you'll have access to your existing account and everything within.

What about shared computers, can more than one person use it?
Yes! Again, the App logs in through Facebook. Log out of Facebook using the arrow at the top right corner of the screen to log into another Facebook account!

I was already logged into Facebook, why do I have to log in again?
While the Desktop App works in a very similar way to most browsers, it is not related in any way to your already-installed browsers. Think of it like if you've used Internet Explorer for years, and go to use Chrome for the first time - Chrome will not know your login details from IE.

What does 64bit mean?
64bit is a newer technology that allows for the use of better hardware than traditional 32bit systems. At the time of this writing, the App is only available for 64bit versions of Windows. We'll have more information about future updates and how they will affect compatibility sometime soon.

Are payments secure?
Payments are still handled entirely by Facebook. YoWorld and Big Viking Games do not ever receive your payment method information!

Do Hot Dogs still work?
Yes! You can choose to collect either in a regular browser, or be redirected into the App from your Facebook feed (which you'll still view from a traditional browser).

Does it work on mobile / Puffin?
Flash is not very mobile-friendly, so there currently is no mobile version of YoWorld. Puffin is one of very few Flash-enabled mobile browsers - so while you can't install a new browser within that browser, it seems that Puffin plans to support Flash until the deprecation date in 2020. You'll be able to play YoWorld in the same way until then.

Can I use it on Linux/Chromebook?
We only support Windows and Mac at this time. We'll have more information about future updates and how they will affect compatibility sometime soon.

Do Paintboards & Fiddler still work?
Please note that we do not officially support the use of Fiddler. While we have traditionally turned a blind eye to its use, we cannot guarantee that Fiddler will always work in YoWorld on any platform.

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 286

Forum Posts: 9022
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity

Postby ChAoTiC (160142421) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:07 pm

I don't see it as a browser because if I click on the forum in game it opens up my actual browser. Am I doing something wrong?
"What is the Desktop App?
The YoWorld Desktop App is a browser, just like Chrome or Safari or Internet Explorer - but it was made specifically to run Flash for YoWorld during the 'in-between' time before 2020."
LONG WISHLIST
Wishes-Ancient Rome White & Green Floral Tiara

ChAoTiC (160142421)
YoWorld Level: 310
YoWorld Start Date: May 22, 2010

Forum Posts: 3959
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby WeNdY (118726353) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:12 pm

Nicoleta (131005307) wrote:Did it say anywhere on the pop-up anything about system requirements?
I was sooo excited to see how it works, but only after downloading I saw it requires 64bit system :( .. I run on 32bits, Windows 7..
I hope those of us who can't install it now won't be left out...

:wailing: :wailing: :wailing: same here....
WeNdY (118726353)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 586

Postby Tori (186945770) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm

I had already downloaded the game on my desk top! I got a reward yesterday when I clicked on the settings, but nothing today

Tori (186945770)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2016

Forum Posts: 100
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Re: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby MUSTANGSALLY (129911891) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:19 pm

i cant get my email and password to stay put and am already tired of putting both in each time i go into the game, can u help with info???
MUSTANGSALLY (129911891)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 21
Forum Title: YoRookie

Re: The YoWorld Desktop App!

Postby Kailie (105663843) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:48 am

MUSTANGSALLY (129911891) wrote:i cant get my email and password to stay put and am already tired of putting both in each time i go into the game, can u help with info???

Ugh this is what I was afraid of. Typing in my email each and every time along with the password every single time. :grr

Don't they have a save feature so that you don't have to keep doing this? What a nightmare!

Kailie (105663843)
YoWorld Level: 272
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 3245
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Suz YOJ TDH (123334860) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 am

IIxL1NKxGFYxII (119478795) wrote:It wont run through WINE for Linux. Tells me Windows 7 or higher is required. So how do I get to use it?

I also use Linux. I have not seen a reply to my question yet.,...Suz

Suz YOJ TDH (123334860)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 6

Postby hummingbird (12795999) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:21 am

[quote="Viking Jess"]Hey guys! I've been noticing a few common trends in your questions, so here are a few more answers in a consolidated format for your reading pleasure :heart:

What about shared computers, can more than one person use it?
Yes! Again, the App logs in through Facebook. Log out of Facebook using the arrow at the top right corner of the screen to log into another Facebook account!

We tried this and it is still showing the avatar of the person who downloaded the app. Maybe it is just a glitch. Could it be because of the shared IP address? I don't know but there needs to be a solution for this issue.
hummingbird (12795999)
YoWorld Level: 219
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 3

Postby cathy (115782367) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:22 am

Since downloading all my browsers seem to work very slow. I don't have anything on my computer, it is primarily for internet use so I know there's space. Does the app stay open and run in the background or anything that would make everything slow?

cathy (115782367)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 953

Postby Smelly Kat (108948556) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:27 am

Help! I’m not that computer savvy, I use an iPad Pro… I’m not sure what to do. I click on all of the three options, Local Storage,DropBOX and Google Drive..... The only one that did anything was the Google Drive, it said it was downloading then it said the download was complete, but I have no idea where to find it! Can somebody help me I’ve been trying to do this for two days now… Thank you! :sad:

Smelly Kat (108948556)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 11
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Renee (108305250) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:30 am

Well whatever is right or wrong for some people, I LUV LUV the new desktop app when decorating. After changes were made to our game screen some time ago, I could never get the WHOLE game screen AND the inventory on the same screen so I was constantly having to scroll up and down, up and down and although I got used to it, I hated it. Now with the new app everything fits ON THE SCREEN!!! I was so excited yesterday when I ran across an undecorated room the I had forgotten about. Decorating was easy peasy and fast and no lag and.................did I say I LOVE it??? I do!!! :thumbsup: :heart:
Renee (108305250)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 20034
Forum Title: YoCrazy

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions