[UPDATE] NEW Summer Kick Off Event!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: [UPDATE] NEW Summer Kick Off Event!

Postby Lady Haha (119454292) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm

IMHO: It seems to me that the items being put into these events are better than items being released in "regular themes" here lately. I love the items being released into these events. Especially the furniture. I wish we could get themes like these instead of the ones we have been given in recent months.

Lady Haha (119454292)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2218
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Caren D (118818224) » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:59 pm

:grr :wailing: :grr

WHY, oh why am I getting repeats of items from earlier tiers today when I have a bazillion open spaces that I want (and am willing to pay for!!) to fill???

As shown above, it was clearly stated by Viking Jess at the beginning of this event that no duplicates would occur unless there was nothing else new to be "opened". This is NOT what is happening right now. I've tried opening chests thru both the desktop app and just via my regular web browser - same thing happens either way.

At ~25 YC to open each MEGA CHEST, every time I get a repeat item I will have to spend another 25 YC to attempt to get it. I don't want duplicates, I want the items I'm missing, dagnabbit!!

25 YC at full price is $4.99 - I feel like this is almost a bait & switch thing due to the short time frame we have to try to collect Tier 8 items - I am so desperately unhappy about this. Sadly, most of the duplicates have been the older items from the store - biggest kick in the gut was getting a second Camp Yo Brown Bunk Bed (for 12.5 YC cost!!!!!!!) which no one would even want as a gift, much less buy it in the AH.

It's bad enough that there have been no real decent YC sales lately, so if you are paying to play the GEM Game like I am, you are paying more to get these last few items!! Worst of all, I'm running out of time to do this...

I am putting in a ticket (complete with screen shots) but wanted to let folks know I was having this issue in case they aren't willing to risk their YC if this is indeed a glitch.

Caren D (118818224)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 356
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby YoMary YOJ (116373366) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:04 pm

Yes. I've had the same dang problem. SO frustrating!!!!! I did send a ticket. No screen shots, but they have my information. I told them I want all those missing prizes in my in box. That was yesterday and they haven't answered yet. I won't be playing this game again if they don't comply.

YoMary YOJ (116373366)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 202
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:20 pm

Viking Jess wrote:Hey YoFans,

Another Event has arrived - and we're excited for this one! This new Summer Kick Off Event gives you all the fun you're used to in Events, but with a few key changes based on your feedback.

Contained all in one pop-up, you'll find Hang Out Challenges, brand new Costume Challenges, an improved Event Shop and great Rewards! Let's break them down, shall we?

Costume Challenges - Similar to our recent Decor Challenge Event.

Entering
    • Enter a new Costume Challenge every week! Choose a default outfit for the active Challenge to earn Gems and cool prizes once it's over (more on those later!).
    • To be eligible for voting, make changes to your outfit by clicking the Edit Outfit Button.
      *Note*: you must have at least one item equipped for each category included in your chosen default outfit. If your default outfit has a dress, you can swap it with another dress (use the Swap Item button!), or layer pants or a skirt overtop by adding the items - but at least one dress must be equipped!
    Voting
    • On days 2 through 6 of each Challenge, vote for your favourite outfits to earn even more Gems!

Rewards
    • On day 7 of each Challenge, your outfit will receive a Star Rating based on how others have voted. The higher your Star Rating, the more Gems you can earn!
    You'll receive the items from the default outfit you chose at the end of each Challenge, and a new outfit slot with your entry to keep at the end of the Event!

I NEVER got an outfit slot EVER! :dizzy: Did anyone else? I had to BUY an outfit slot to keep my entry as an outfit! :?: :sad:

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 239
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 1401
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Raenie (107648347) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:09 pm

I have 28 tokens, how do I use them?
Thanks
Raenie (107648347)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 05, 2009

Forum Posts: 8
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Raenie (107648347) wrote:I have 28 tokens, how do I use them?
Thanks

Tokens unlock what tier for gem boxes you are on. At 28 tokens you have unlocked the last tier.

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Riff (185643699) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

i need to suggest this again because it seems like it could be a simple fix that could reduce the annoyances when it comes to buddy "challenges" that so many people struggle esp when they are dealing with lag

you guys have reduced the amount of places/challenges that people need to attend with buddies, which is great. cos they were a pain at times. but hey they were always called challenges, and thats what we had to struggle through to get gems. no big deal for me but for those who lagged a lot, seemed more like a mega horrible challenge

to help this kind of event, PLEASE stop with the 2 ingame pop-ups that we all receive when a challenge is done. if the pop-ups are a must, let us have them once we get back home. this is part of the reason why people struggle with adding and accepting buds to complete these things. once a toon has completed the challenge, they get the pop-ups and will often sit on them for awhile... so in the meantime, anyone requesting to add them as a bud goes un-noticed because that pop up sits behind the gem pop up they are currently looking at
do i make any sense? i do in my head. can someone explain better.. i hardly expecting bvg to fully understand
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 381
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 10378
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Snorty (3054329) » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:57 pm

Riff (185643699) wrote:i need to suggest this again because it seems like it could be a simple fix that could reduce the annoyances when it comes to buddy "challenges" that so many people struggle esp when they are dealing with lag

you guys have reduced the amount of places/challenges that people need to attend with buddies, which is great. cos they were a pain at times. but hey they were always called challenges, and thats what we had to struggle through to get gems. no big deal for me but for those who lagged a lot, seemed more like a mega horrible challenge

to help this kind of event, PLEASE stop with the 2 ingame pop-ups that we all receive when a challenge is done. if the pop-ups are a must, let us have them once we get back home. this is part of the reason why people struggle with adding and accepting buds to complete these things. once a toon has completed the challenge, they get the pop-ups and will often sit on them for awhile... so in the meantime, anyone requesting to add them as a bud goes un-noticed because that pop up sits behind the gem pop up they are currently looking at
do i make any sense? i do in my head. can someone explain better.. i hardly expecting bvg to fully understand

Yes please! The screens that pop up after you do a sticker action block any requests you may get. The lag insures that you cant x out easily and so people think you are ignoring them. It stops me from helping as much as I would like because by the time the screens are gone, I am so irritated that I just want to reload and be in my own home!
Live your life the way you choose. Let me do the same. Just remember that your way is not my way and we will get along just fine.
my giveaway home. 3-4 items max please and tell me what room its in.
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h13315429

Snorty (3054329)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 01, 2008

Forum Posts: 9097
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Katrina (173597498) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:23 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:

Another Event has arrived - and we're excited for this one! This new Summer Kick Off Event gives you all the fun you're used to in Events, but with a few key changes based on your feedback.

Contained all in one pop-up, you'll find Hang Out Challenges, brand new Costume Challenges, an improved Event Shop and great Rewards! Let's break them down, shall we?

Entering
    • Enter a new Costume Challenge every week! Choose a default outfit for the active Challenge to earn Gems and cool prizes once it's over (more on those later!).
    • To be eligible for voting, make changes to your outfit by clicking the Edit Outfit Button.
      *Note*: you must have at least one item equipped for each category included in your chosen default outfit. If your default outfit has a dress, you can swap it with another dress (use the Swap Item button!), or layer pants or a skirt overtop by adding the items - but at least one dress must be equipped!
    Voting
    • On days 2 through 6 of each Challenge, vote for your favourite outfits to earn even more Gems!

Rewards
    • On day 7 of each Challenge, your outfit will receive a Star Rating based on how others have voted. The higher your Star Rating, the more Gems you can earn!
    You'll receive the items from the default outfit you chose at the end of each Challenge, and a new outfit slot with your entry to keep at the end of the Event!

I NEVER got an outfit slot EVER! :dizzy: Did anyone else? I had to BUY an outfit slot to keep my entry as an outfit! :?: :sad:

I waited for the slot now I lost my outfits and have to buy more slots and remake them. I thought at end we got them? What happened?
Wishlist - WTB Too Blue Split Color Pigtails
Love all items so if you want to gift me my apartment link is below:
My Apartment Link
Katrina (173597498)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2011

Forum Posts: 311

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:27 am

Katrina (173597498) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:

Entering
    Voting

Rewards

I waited for the slot now I lost my outfits and have to buy more slots and remake them. I thought at end we got them? What happened?

:dizzy: Did you fill out a support ticket about it? I would... :sad:

Katherine (121079165)

Postby Viking Jess » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:00 am

Katherine (121079165) wrote:I NEVER got an outfit slot EVER! :dizzy: Did anyone else? I had to BUY an outfit slot to keep my entry as an outfit! :?: :sad:

The slots should have been added after the final end of the Event - which means you should have them now! They look a touch different from regular outfit slots, as they'll include your Star Rating. Have you both checked your Outfits tab since it ended?

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 287

Forum Posts: 9380
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity

Postby Ember (153690198) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Viking Jess wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote:I NEVER got an outfit slot EVER! :dizzy: Did anyone else? I had to BUY an outfit slot to keep my entry as an outfit! :?: :sad:

The slots should have been added after the final end of the Event - which means you should have them now! They look a touch different from regular outfit slots, as they'll include your Star Rating. Have you both checked your Outfits tab since it ended?

I checked now no slots from dress up contest
Ember (153690198)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 19, 2010

Forum Posts: 3462
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Viking Jess » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:28 pm

Ember (153690198) wrote:
Viking Jess wrote:

I checked now no slots from dress up contest

Huh. That doesn't seem right at all. We'll take a look into what might have happened :eh: :?:

@Katherine (and anyone else this may apply to) - if you bought any number of outfit slots because you didn't get the one(s) you should have from the Event, please let us know by submitting a ticket using the Help tab above YoWorld. You shouldn't have had to do that!

Viking Jess
YoWorld Level: 287

Forum Posts: 9380
Forum Title: Official Insta: @yoworldcommunity

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm

I got no outfit slots from the event at all! I just looked! :eh: :sad: I will fill out a ticket cause I bought some and wound up deleting an outfit so I could save one cause I didn't have YC or coin to get a slot.

Katherine (121079165)

Postby debby (106481765) » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:15 pm

I didn't receive the slots also. I had already bought slots and saved the 3 of the outfits during the contest. They are there but not new ones showing the star rating. :/

debby (106481765)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 32
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Katrina (173597498) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:13 am

I bought slots to try an recreate them but don't mind having them. Just want the original outfits. I can put diff outfits in new slots later.
Wishlist - WTB Too Blue Split Color Pigtails
Love all items so if you want to gift me my apartment link is below:
My Apartment Link
Katrina (173597498)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 22, 2011

Forum Posts: 311

Postby Leeum (130695460) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:23 am

I don't have my outfits either :thumbsup:
Complete list of YoWorld release codes
❥Somer ❥mauiencar ❥Ash

Leeum (130695460)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 19000
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Bluebutterfly (867263) » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:53 am

It didnt save or give me my slots either
The future belongs to those that dream.
The toughest thing about the power of trust is that it's very difficult to build and very easy to destroy.
It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right!

Bluebutterfly (867263)
YoWorld Level: 328
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 29, 2008

Forum Posts: 1374

Postby Gregory (9379475) » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:34 pm

I hate these summer kick off events. Can we stop this crap? Its the same ol' event every time just repackaged to look different. The challenges are silly, I dont need anymore buddies, I have hundreds. Buddies only give me more coin chests than I will ever be able to cash in at this point. I'm never going to pay yocash for more Gems to get "cool" prizes. This is boring. :yawn: :sleeping:
Gregory (9379475)
YoWorld Level: 238
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 14, 2009

Forum Posts: 52
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Sassenach (139979347) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:20 am

I don't have any new slots with the outfits either. . .

Sassenach (139979347)
YoWorld Level: 290
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 122
Forum Title: YoApprentice

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions