Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Here's a theme we have never had before and definitely a new genre I can see the game exploring.

Vaporwave/Synthwave

So what this is is it's a genre of music that started to pick up traction in 2010, maybe as early as the year 2000, and what it does, is it focuses on the synth music popular in the 80s and 90s. Most of it is inspired by that. I am thinking the house for this theme could be a throwback mall. One thing is for certain, lots of palm trees will be needed for this theme!

In this theme, that atmosphere absolutely smells of neon lights. Neon, neon, neon. Neon here, neon there.

Just big neon signs with words and phrases that make no sense, but work! Realistically, Vaporwave and Synthwave are a bit different from one another, however, in this theme, they could go hand in hand.

The home could also be an apartment. There could be some cuts of surrealism used within this theme. Such as the electronic world mixing in with the real world. Another possible location for this theme, could be a VHS store or

Some would say that the main distinction between Retrowave/Synthwave is that it is more inspired by the 80s, where Vaporwave is more inspired by the 90s, and early 2000s. Both genres of art, culture, and music, are based mainly on reasons of nostalgia. Both of them really originated around 2010, with of course inspiration from their respective decades of the past. I am wondering what we think?

The clothing and hair could also be as though they were in a neon ambiance, maybe even the makeup!

I would love this such great colors they could use.

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 18841
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Panith (187341688) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:34 pm

Sam Holmes (139381965) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Space and Time
This theme is a must-have if you are looking for the perfect sci-fi fantasy combo. Think about the home being a large clock tower, one with giant gears. Or maybe, a clock tower that doubles as a space observatory??

This theme could be breath-takingly beautiful and could have all types of clothing and furniture. Since it's a theme about space and time, the clothing could come from various different eras and time periods. The location could be anywhere from a space observatory to a clock tower, or both! Lots of elements of fantasy and sci-fi would have to work together to pull this off.

I would love this.... very beautiful! :heart:

With Steampunk accessories? Yes, please! :hug: :thumbsup: :party: :smug:

Panith (187341688)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 17, 2017

Forum Posts: 32
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:49 am

Can we PLEASE have something for Oktoberfest this year. A mini theme would be great!

We could have Coin and Cash handheld food packs.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 7407
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Shabby Chic and Bohemian suggestions

Postby Tori (186945770) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 pm

Would love to see Shabby Chic and Bohemian themes! Many many others would as well! PLEASE!!

Tori (186945770)
YoWorld Level: 309
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2016

Forum Posts: 102
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Sam Holmes (139381965) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:23 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:
Meri Lolicious (118284286) wrote:You have a point....it is hard to do any theme because they change too quickly, nothing is enhanced or goes into depth, and there are only a couple good ideas, and the rest is junk. I find decorating a house is difficult....have more choices of one couch, other than just a couch. I like the punk stuff....add more. YoWorld is going in the wrong direction... they need to elaborate not make more faster!!

Katherine (121079165) wrote:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Decopunk
I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

YES PLEASE!!! :drool: :heart: :drool: :heart:

I am glad you guys enjoyed this suggestion! :)

Oh god yes!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sam Holmes (139381965)
YoWorld Level: 336
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 18019

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:24 am

Meri Lolicious (118284286) wrote:You have a point....it is hard to do any theme because they change too quickly, nothing is enhanced or goes into depth, and there are only a couple good ideas, and the rest is junk. I find decorating a house is difficult....have more choices of one couch, other than just a couch. I like the punk stuff....add more. YoWorld is going in the wrong direction... they need to elaborate not make more faster!!

I actually tried making a house in this style in-game and could only get as far as two rooms. It's very hard to make this theme with what's in-game, which is why I think it would be a good candidate to include in a theme survey, with the following two images:

This theme would be what the world would look like has art deco stuck around for a longer period of time. The house could be in a mid-rise and can feature high-tech in a decopunk style. This theme is a lot different than steampunk in many clear ways. There are no pipes, and goggles used in this genre.

OMG! I absolutely love your images, Sam! I have no clue how on earth you mannaged to find so many amazing images! More than I could ever find for it. I love them!

I hope BVG takes this idea into consideration, I really do! :thumbsup:
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6441

Postby Taurus (185839344) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:12 am

Alaska, usa national parks, canadian provinces and territories, bay of fundy, grand canyon, gold fever, trailer park boys, 7 wonders of the world, farm2, doomsday preppers, arctic, siberia.

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt :)
Taurus (185839344)
YoWorld Level: 232
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 6884

Postby GoldenMikey (178293069) » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Magnificent models Sam. Very nice

GoldenMikey (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 18841

Postby Angel (147150423) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:33 am

Please make The Shabby Chic next theme. I know we win this theme through the decorating rooms and gems. Please add this new themes. Thank you

Angel (147150423)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 25, 2010

Forum Posts: 4
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Angel (147150423) » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:42 am

Hi YoWorld, Could you make us babies, toddlers, children that follow us around like the YoWorld pets?? Plus Maybe make a baby theme or children theme cribs all baby items and carrying a baby. Thank you

Angel (147150423)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 25, 2010

Postby April (125585474) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:23 pm

CHIC SHABBY IS VERY POPULAR MORE ITEMS PLEASE MAKE A THEME OF IT IN STORE THANKS SO MUCH!

April (125585474)
YoWorld Level: 289
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 554
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm

April (125585474) wrote:CHIC SHABBY IS VERY POPULAR MORE ITEMS PLEASE MAKE A THEME OF IT IN STORE THANKS SO MUCH!

:thumbsup:

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm

Angel (147150423) wrote:Please make The Shabby Chic next theme. I know we win this theme through the decorating rooms and gems. Please add this new themes. Thank you

:thumbsup:

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:13 pm

Biopunk/BioApocalypse
A future where we have altered our biology to allegedly "better" ourselves, and instead, we destroyed ourselves and created monsters. Nuclear warfare has ravaged the lands and the toxic radiations have caused mutations beyond repair. Credit for the amazing artistic inspiration used below, of course, goes to their amazingly talented creators throughout the internet.

This theme would take place in a dystopia where biology is off the chains. Alterations to our own bodies have not gone well. A few settings for this theme would be an old genetics lab, perhaps a genetic corporation's HQ, or a city of refugees seeing protection from mutant monsters and creatures.

Then... the wastelands!

The clothing for this theme would be very out there. Imaging having extra arms, or a huge parasite controlling your mind.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Janzie (11687781) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:07 pm

I would like to see a big pretty two story house ....maybe a southern house in the country with lots of land ............tired of the
ships...and all the other stuff yall do...and tired of all the yo cash ...every thing has to be yo cash ..................

Janzie (11687781)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 16, 2009

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Sci-Fi Anime Theme

A romance, a cyborg, and ancient magic abilities. Explore the sci-fi side of anime and enrich yourself with advanced gadgets. Possible settings for this theme may include the city of Tokyo in the future. Credit for all artistic inspiration below goes to their respectful and insanely talented artists.

What will really make this theme, is the outfits. Keep that in mind BVG, the avatar eye styles need to be style-appropriate, and so does the hair. With your anime eyes in the past, they looked very out-of-place in this game. So make them fit in as best that you can. Just imagine that for a sec, YoWorld Avatars are supposed to be anime characters, and you are designing them for a hot new anime pitch.

The thing about anime is, that it can be extremely cute and kawaii, or downright twisted and hardcore, maybe even both. With this theme, try to find a happy medium between the two.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:31 pm

BVG, Brace yourselves cause I think I might be onto something here!

So you guys know how you like to do that thing where you rehash old themes? Well, we've all seen sci-fi in space, and we've all seen underwater fantasy themes, so get ready for....

*drumroll*

SCI-FI ATLANTIS!
The home for this theme could be a fabulous underwater condo or research facility. Credit for all the amazing artistic inspiration used below goes to their respective talented artists.

Imagine the outfits? Holy crap... Amazingness... And I will include this mermaid suit again here cause it can also apply to this theme as well!

And the scenery? The windows to the outside watery world?

You absolutely can't go wrong with this theme, BVG. You can make it as luxurious and as beautiful as your heart's desire. You could even involve evolved life.

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:Biopunk/BioApocalypse
A future where we have altered our biology to allegedly "better" ourselves, and instead, we destroyed ourselves and created monsters. Nuclear warfare has ravaged the lands and the toxic radiations have caused mutations beyond repair. Credit for the amazing artistic inspiration used below, of course, goes to their amazingly talented creators throughout the internet.

This theme would take place in a dystopia where biology is off the chains. Alterations to our own bodies have not gone well. A few settings for this theme would be an old genetics lab, perhaps a genetic corporation's HQ, or a city of refugees seeing protection from mutant monsters and creatures.

Then... the wastelands!

The clothing for this theme would be very out there. Imaging having extra arms, or a huge parasite controlling your mind.

YES PLEASE! It reminds me of an MMO I like to play, Fallen Earth! (A FUN free to play PC game!) (Posting videos and links and such to expand on the proposed theme for YoWorld.)

https://youtu.be/_q7TEpg38-Q Official trailer.
https://youtu.be/SWjEay7KHiM Fan made trailer where you get to see more of the post-apocalyptic world.

There are various factions in the game. Some are for nature, some are for machines, some think mutation is a blessing etc. (In the descriptions below when they say "player color" they mean the dot on the map showing another player's location.)
http://fallenearth.wikia.com/wiki/Factions

Children of the Apocalypse (CHOTA)
The Children of the Apocalypse (CHOTA) are a defiant heretical group who vehemently oppose order. They acknowledge that abuse of technology and human ignorance were responsible for the apocalypse, yet they embrace the collapse of civilization due to the absence of government and fight to prevent history from repeating itself.

Enforcers
The Enforcers are the militaristic body of Fallen Earth. They are based upon strict values of organization and control, and despise anything chaotic or un-organized. They try to restore the world through the use of rigid discipline and government.

Enforcers are also masters of proning, a once-secret mystical pvp tactic, and appearing in very large numbers.

Enforcers are allied with the Techs and Lightbearers, are enemies with the Vista and Travelers, and rivals to the chaotic Children of the Apocalypse. Player color is brown.

Lightbearers
The Lightbearers are a group of spiritual sages who are dedicated to the practice of martial arts and enlightenment. They employ the use of advanced healing techniques and mutations to accomplish the task of restoring the old world through wisdom and understanding.

Lightbearers are allies with the Enforcers and Vista, enemies with Tech and CHOTA, and rivals with the greedy Travelers. Player color is yellow.

Techs
The Techs are a group of scientists and engineers who are primarily interested in restoring the world as it once was through technological knowledge. They enjoy inventing, fixing and tinkering with anything mechanical.

Techs are allied with the Enforcers and Travelers, are enemies with the Lightbearers and Children of the Apocalypse, and arch rivals to the technology-hating Vista. Player color is blue.

Travelers
The Travelers are the g*s of the new world. They travel from place to place, peddling their wares, trying to make as much money as possible. They believe the best way to restore the world is through financial gain.

Travelers are friendly with the Tech and CHOTA, enemies with the Enforcers and Vista, and rivals with the ritualistic Lightbearers. Player color is purple.

Vistas
The Vistas are advocates of the natural ecosystem. They believe that this planet requires mankind's protection and that Earth and its resources are the most sacred elements of all living creatures.

Vista are allies with the CHOTA and Lightbearers, enemies with the Travelers and Enforcers, and rivals to the technology-oriented Tech. Player color is green.

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2336
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm

https://vimeo.com/hdrskies/hdrskies

Not so much as a theme suggestion as an overall suggestion. Can we please have colors like these?! :drool: ^^ And maybe some outdoor spaces like some of the ones in the video?!

I made a couple of palettes on an art site I used to be heavily involved in. (Until the Seamless Studio quit working and the company did not hire anyone to fix it.)

https://www.colourlovers.com/palette/4589549/HDR_Skies?sAC=1

http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/4589551/HDR_Skies_pt_2
Last edited by Katherine (121079165) on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 2336
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby nadia (185744334) » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:18 pm

:star: ty
:heart:
nadia (185744334)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2014