Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985) » Wed May 30, 2018 12:02 am

How about an Outlander theme (book series by Diana Gabaldon, huuuuge hit on Starz). It is history from the post WWII 1940s, as well as 18th C. Scotland, France, and America, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Time travel, magic, druids, standing stones, medicine, healers, swordfights, intrigue, subterfuge, and ROMANCE. How could a theme be better than all that? :D Fabulous fashion and architecture.

LoriCanOlowaARTIST (103326985)
YoWorld Level: 299
YoWorld Start Date: May 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 510
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby angel (187235338) » Wed May 30, 2018 8:51 am

[url][/url]

angel (187235338)
YoWorld Level: 41
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2016

Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby angel (187235338) » Wed May 30, 2018 8:52 am

angel

angel (187235338)
YoWorld Level: 41
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 28, 2016

Forum Posts: 3
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I must say, I get sentimental looking at images like these. Some may wonder, why. For me, every image captured within spaces like these helps preserve them from further decay.

Though realistically, they will continue to age gracefully and succumb to nature, I can never help but to try and imagine the histories such places have. The stories behind what compelled the previous inhabitants of such dwellings to leave it all behind like this. It's a true relic of mankind, each and every location left alone to deteriorate like this. A true detritus wonderland. From amusement parks to mansions, and resorts, hospitals, shopping malls, government facilities or buildings. No man-made architecture is immune to this fate.

There is also a hidden beauty to it all, the beauty that, humans once dwelled here, humans once interacted with one another here. I myself have been looking to try to replicate locations like this in-game, with some degree of success. It is a project I intend on sharing here in the future. It's certainly not impossible, just requires a little bit of imagination.

Even still, I think for me, it goes without saying that I think a theme like this at some point down the line would help officialize the presence of such curiosity within the game. The overgrown furniture, the peeling wallpaper, fallen bricks, ivy-lined walls, exposed internal structure and exposed beams, smashed and shattered windows with sunlight graciously dripping in, broken and overturned furniture, abandoned toys, old faded portraits, and photographs, mossy vegetation, rust, oh, so much rust!
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 264
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 5846
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:59 am

Here is some Area specific themes I would ADORE to see in the game.

I'd love a winter Swiss theme.

The Swiss theme could be either modern or historical. If they do it modern I would love for it to be like a high class winter resort.

Scotland

For a Scottish Highlands theme I would love a mix of traditional and contemporary Scottish clothing.

Here are some suggestions for clothing. You guys could do a heavily Tartan incorporated clothing selection.
If they do a Draculas castle theme for Halloween than I'd love for it to be tied to Romanian and Transylvania culture as well and have clothing inspired by medieval Romanian clothing.

I'd like a Russian theme as well. Traditional Russian. If any of you have seen the Victoria's Secret fashion shoes there is a segment from the 2005 inspired by medieval Russian clothing.

You could do it season specific and have a Russian winter theme.

Ideas for russian theme clothing:

Now for some city/state themes I think I would love a modern Maine theme with like a house and furniture inspired by the state of Maine.

A New Orleans/I Put a Spell on You theme inspired by traditional maybe late 1800's and early 1900's New Orleans architecture, food, and clothing but also mixed with witchcraft and voodoo-ism.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 285
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 3472
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Lacy (123536660) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:11 pm

Queen Karah (147463970) wrote:I have a suggestion, I think there should be a theme that involved tree houses. There are elaborate tree house homes people all over the world live in ranging from small to very large. These homes can be decorated with all natural wood furniture and other decor items inspired by nature and its environment. Another theme could be based on tiny homes. There are tiny homes that are being sold as an alternative to the average sized homes to those who cannot afford an average sized home. One more theme idea, this theme could be based on the homes for humanity program; it could be furnished with appliances from the Home Depot and furniture from Ikea.

Thank you,
Queen Karah

Yes, I like this idea :thumbsup:

Lacy (123536660)
YoWorld Level: 379
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 7887
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby Lacy (123536660) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:21 pm

[quote="Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)"][quote="Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)"]I could have made a longer list, and there are many things I left out, but... Let me know if any of these themes have already been done.

Location/City/Country-Based
-Alaska
-Yellow Stone National Park
-Wales
-Minnesota

Sci-Fi
Apocalypse: Alien Invasion
Government Conspiracy
Area 51
Military Conspiracy (Ex: The Philadelphia Experiment)

Horror
Vampires Vs Werewolves
Ghost Hunting (Ex: Death of a Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Activity Franchise, Grave Encounter Films)

Haunted House/Halloween Attraction
Creepy Collections (Ex: Dolls, Gas Masks, Organs, Taxidermy Figures)
Creepy/Halloween Themed Restaurant
60s/70s Mystery Solvers (Ex: Scooby Doo)Fantasy

Time Pieces
50s Valentines Day
80s Valentines Day
80s Arcade

:idea:

Lacy (123536660)
YoWorld Level: 379
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 7887

Postby Idris (117024183) » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Any chance that you'll add a a truly French provincial (country) theme? It seems you went the opposite direction with the current home. I know I would love to have a french country home to go with the windmill, ponds, etc.

Idris (117024183)
YoWorld Level: 254
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 1010
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:31 am

Honey xo (186026385) wrote:
DJ DirtyDeeds (114508580) wrote:Give us a FULL ON Harajuku Theme Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top this would be a big HIT :thumbsup: :drool: :heart:

Yes please! :drool: :drool:

I would love a Harajuku full theme. I have been to Harajuku and while many people think Harajuku is just cute girls wearing cosplay costumes, delicious sweets and that crazily crowded street, it is not. There is a famous shrine near it among the forest greens to stroll to, a labyrinth of small alleys full of outdoor cafes and bistros, quaint western-style houses, traditional Japanese houses, old walls with graffitis, nice hair salons, art shops and galleries, boutiques, gift shops, and interesting architecture everywhere. It is like a mixture of the west and the east thrown together. It is hard not to love Harajuku.

"Show me your bigotry, and you show me your stupidity”

― Stardust

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 8961

Postby Miss TiFied (8432514) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:27 pm

I'd like to suggest a 'non-theme' or 'generic' theme possibly between main themes.

Poll and thread here:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=177645

Thanks for considering :)

Miss TiFied (8432514)
YoWorld Level: 316
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 2286
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby ELFCamoQueen (103681266) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:22 pm

phantom of the opera theme, would my best friends whole year :heart:

ELFCamoQueen (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 3280
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Dabber (11284913) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:17 pm

How about a Dog Show theme. :dog Come out with some really good dogs like the old beagle and dalmatian. For example Great Dane, St Bernard, Chow Chow , Blue Pit, and the list goes on. I believe this theme could have a ton of great ideas and an opportunity for BVG to make some classy pets and sell some serious yo cash. The pets need to be on limited time for the theme to raise the after market value. You could even follow up with a zoo theme. I think a treasure fortress theme could be cool. kinda like the Goonies mixed with Indian Jones. Maybe even a back to the future theme. Bring back STAR WARS for sure!!!! Also an item that would be fun would be an animated handheld vape pen. :thumbsup:
Dabber (11284913)
YoWorld Level: 242
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 10
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Dabber (11284913) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 pm

How about a Dog Show theme. :dog Come out with some really good dogs like the old beagle and dalmatian. For example Great Dane, St Bernard, Chow Chow , Blue Pit, and the list goes on. I believe this theme could have a ton of great ideas and an opportunity for BVG to make some classy pets and sell some serious yo cash. The pets need to be on limited time for the theme to raise the after market value. You could even follow up with a zoo theme. I think a treasure fortress theme could be cool. kinda like the Goonies mixed with Indian Jones. Maybe even a back to the future theme. Bring back STAR WARS for sure!!!! Also an item that would be fun would be an animated handheld vape pen. :thumbsup:
Dabber (11284913)

Postby Dabber (11284913) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:24 pm

Dabber (11284913)

Dabber (11284913)

Dabber (11284913)

Postby Dabber (11284913) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Dabber (11284913)

Postby Dabber (11284913) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:25 pm

Dabber (11284913)

Postby Chloe Pumpkin (176209997) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:09 pm

Just a hunch, but I suspect Dabber wants a Dog Show theme. [In case they get deleted, he posted 7 times in a row. LOL]

I'm here because Viking David suggested we post about wanted a Phantom of the Opera theme! Thanks!! :bye:

Chloe Pumpkin (176209997)
YoWorld Level: 311
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 27, 2011

Forum Posts: 1952
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby DanielC26 (137296093) » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:03 am

Phantom of the Opera would make an amazing theme. It has a little of everything people will love romance, mystery, drama, sword fighting, amazing costumes, as well as immaculate theaters, the dark catacombs, and the ambiance of a distant time. You cannot go wrong with Phantom of the Opera, the play has millions of fans and has captivated audiences of all ages, around the world, for many years. Years ago they produced the phantoms mask in the game but unfortunately that was about it. There is so much more too it than that. I hope to see this as a theme on Yowolrd, you wouldn't be disappointed with it!

Last edited by DanielC26 (137296093) on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.

DanielC26 (137296093)
YoWorld Level: 218
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 28
Forum Title: YoNovice

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions