Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby IIxLunettexII2KooL (186558113) » Thu May 03, 2018 1:17 pm

Something dark and spooky. Typically the only time of year that something dark comes out is Halloween. Let's fix that! :D :devil:

IIxLunettexII2KooL (186558113)
YoWorld Level: 239
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 11, 2016

Forum Posts: 16
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Katherine (121079165) » Fri May 04, 2018 9:24 pm

Dex Dexter (131354847) wrote:
Katherine (121079165) wrote: That could tip into cultural appropriation quickly though! I don't see how they could do such a thing and be respectful! I vote NO for this idea!

We've had themes based on Japan, China, Egypt, Greece, Rome, and a number of other cultures. This isn't "cultural appropriation"! YoWorld is where you can be anything you want! Men can get on here and make themselves an Egyptian princess! Women can be dark-skinned men who wear styling gold suits and backward baseball hats. It's a GAME!

The company profits off it's portrayal of cultures! My points still stand! It ceases to be "only a game" when a profit is made from spreading misrepresentations about a culture! (Any culture!)
Edit: It's only a game, it's only a hat, (war bonnet) it's just a sexy Halloween costume, it's only a gesture in a sports stadium that's really meant to honor those people! NO! It is spreading stereotypes and folks are profiting from them when the people whose culture it is from DON'T and may face reprisal "for being too ethnic" if they do those same things. Cultural exchange (which BVG could do) and cultural appropriation aren't the same!

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/10/31/halloween-indigenous-not-your-costume_n_12734836.html

"Hollywood romanticized a pan-'Indian' image of plains Indians and often didn't even get it accurate so there became this romantic relationship with people and the idea of what an 'Indian' is," she says, noting that there are over 600 unique nations within Canada alone. "You're also putting it as a thing of the past and that we're not able to progress or we're not here today."
"Headdress is a ceremonial thing and it's within certain nations and there's often cultural earning or protocol that goes along with wearing it," she explains. "Not even just any indigenous person could wear one and often women aren't wearing them. So the big problem is a lot of these model-y women just dress up in underwear and wear them. So there's a misunderstanding of the cultural significance.
"

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kelsie-brynn-jones/this-is-halloween_b_8398110.html

One example of this, is Pocahontas herself. Pocahontas was a victim of kidnap and repeated sexual assault, slavery, and forced migration. When you are wearing one of those Pocahottie costumes, you are not only appropriating Native culture and further sexualizing Native bodies, in the case of Pocahontas you are exploiting a victim of rape in a community where more than 1 out of every 3 women are raped - mostly at the hands of non-Native men.

When you wear a headdress you are not honoring Native and indigenous men who earned them literally feather by feather in most cases. The headdress, or warbonnet, is not only cultural among the Nations and tribes who wear them, it is also of spiritual significance. Putting a headdress on your head when you are non-Native and/or have not earned the right to wear one, is as offensive to Native Americans as artist Andres Serrano’s infamous piece where he placed a crucifix in a large vial of his own urine is to many Christians.
CUT
To add insult to injury, while you go clubbing in tacky faux-Native regalia without being called out, real Native people often face difficulties when wearing Native clothing and headpieces that some of us have a legitimate right to wear. Only a few weeks ago, a Native high-school graduate was banned from wearing a single eagle feather in his hair during the graduation ceremony. Native men are frequently banned from having long hair in many US jails. In a country where Native people are frequently disallowed from exhibiting their own culture, America, can you please not?

These guys begin to explain what I am saying pretty well. Notice all the stereotyped things they have? They are reclaiming them. Re-appropriation! Same with the imagery they use in their videos and some of the songs they sample.

https://youtu.be/8gqXdXLWSF8
https://youtu.be/lpkUISUx3Lo Electric Pow Wow Drum (A VERY good illustration of the stereotypes that continue to be spread via various media. To make it worse, those are white men in redface!)

The scrawny guy in the feathered headdress is Ryan Redcorn. The 1491s use satire to make social commentary.
https://youtu.be/9BHvpWP2V9Y
In this video, they are addressing the fact that some Natives embrace certain stereotypes in order to make a profit from tourists. The book they mention perpetuates the "noble savage" "magical nature dweller" stereotypes. That's why the Elder is eyerolling.

https://youtu.be/NuzPoidV4nI

https://youtu.be/h0kJJ-DTGQQ

Ryan Redcorn's poem. (AIM is American Indian Movement. They are controversial and seen by some as thugs.)

https://youtu.be/3FUgDutdauQ

Yes, this post is long. I hope to at least get through to some who read it. It is important not just for Native American culture but ALL marginalized cultures!

Katherine (121079165)
YoWorld Level: 160
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 25
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Amanda Elliott (133904748) » Sat May 05, 2018 1:35 pm

I think we should bring back groovy! Or something Modern or a farmhouse theme!! :)

Amanda Elliott (133904748)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby kim (151441400) » Sun May 06, 2018 7:53 am

I think a nice big full size house (bought with coins) and a giant front and back yard. Yes, like a giant old fashioned farmhouse!
kim (151441400)
YoWorld Level: 196
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2010

Forum Posts: 10

Postby Breezy (134380548) » Mon May 07, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi,
I'd like to see a Museum Theme, Library Theme, Dog Park Theme, or NASA Theme. I also have been asking for a Rocky Horror Picture Show Theme for Halloween. Also, just an idea, but do you think you can work on the continuity when you create themes. The interior rooms have not matched what the outside exterior shows.

Breezy (134380548)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 11, 2009

Postby Mrs Blu (167492682) » Mon May 07, 2018 1:44 pm

Guess (173903013) wrote:I think it would be great to have a platform just like Auction House, but instead of selling your items....you post items you are wanting to buy and list a price you will pay for that item. If someone has the item in their inventory...they can click a button to sell it to that person. If no one sells them the item after a specific amount of time....they will receive a notification. If someone sells them the item, their listing will dissapear. I think this would be a great way to obtain items you are looking for and a way for players to sell items they no longer want.

Maybe even a auction site for people to resell a home that they dont want anymore

I love this idea and For old Homes to be re release but in differnt colors the one i missed out on that i would love to buy is the Penthouse Tower from 2009 :D :D :D :D :D

Mrs Blu (167492682)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 17, 2010

Forum Posts: 162
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Mrs Blu (167492682) » Mon May 07, 2018 2:20 pm

kim (151441400) wrote:I think a nice big full size house (bought with coins) and a giant front and back yard. Yes, like a giant old fashioned farmhouse!

I would love the Penthouse Tower from 2009 it was hugh lot of roofs and great room i want one please :D :D :D :D :D :D :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Mrs Blu (167492682)

Postby Mrs Blu (167492682) » Mon May 07, 2018 2:21 pm

Amanda Elliott (133904748) wrote:I think we should bring back groovy! Or something Modern or a farmhouse theme!! :)

Groovy would be great to bring back along with some homes that were not avalble too long just make differnt color like Paris or Penthouse Tower from 2009 :D :D :D :D :D

Mrs Blu (167492682)

Postby XxcreamcheesexX (176491805) » Tue May 08, 2018 3:53 pm

Pop star theme like Rihanna drake the weekend etc :)
XxcreamcheesexX (176491805)
YoWorld Level: 213
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2011

Forum Posts: 150

Postby bonaire girl (135908069) » Tue May 08, 2018 6:31 pm

I would like to see a pet rescue, with animal agility course, enrichment activities. toys, furniture. Also would like to see a coffee/tea shop with full service and lots of mugs, tea cups, tumblers to buy and display

bonaire girl (135908069)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 1

Postby YOJCatYSTA (129129053) » Wed May 09, 2018 10:25 am

Thanks staff for the cool new themes and repeat themes (I like them too) I would however love to see a gym or a fitness center. It would go great with my yo neighborhood.
Yoj Cat Ysta

YOJCatYSTA (129129053)
YoWorld Level: 342
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 51
Forum Title: YoNovice

Please make AVENGERS Infinity theme ^_^

Postby TOKYO girl (8810323) » Thu May 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Thanos Costumes and HH infinity stones and Disintegration Effect. :nerd:
NPC and such
MY Goal is to have 10K ! https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?autologin=1&d=h268378049
Come visit me ^_^
TOKYO girl (8810323)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 07, 2009

Forum Posts: 1016
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby AAFx JRcoke2HotxYDC (167109704) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:42 pm

Viking Jess wrote:Hey YoFans,

Have you noticed a few more suggestions threads than usual around here lately?

At YoWorld HQ, we've been working on some pretty sweet changes that will make YoWorld even better in 2017, and we can only do it with your help!

Part of our efforts to listen to YoFans better this year involves being more transparent with you about which new themes are coming up in the near future. Of course, we won't ruin the surprise for all of our upcoming themes and events - but we want YoFans to be able to share what you want to see in YoWorld!

So, dear YoFan, you'll find a list of themes that you can share suggestions for right here in this post! Please make sure you're sharing your suggestions in the right theme's thread, or it may get missed. And be sure to check back here periodically for new themes to share your thoughts about!

We :heart: you!

_____

Ancient Egypt
Chinese New Year
Valentine's Day
Mardi Gras
St Patrick's Day
Pirate Adventure

Disney world theme

AAFx JRcoke2HotxYDC (167109704)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2010

Forum Posts: 1615
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby liv (185396423) » Fri May 11, 2018 12:52 pm

I know theres 1 high school graduation set but its not the cutest thing ever and it only comes in 1 color.

Is it possible to fit in a tiny theme with a graduation robe, cap, diploma (and possibly a medal) within the next 2 months with a few different colors? (Even a free popup that includes a robe, cap and diploma?)
I graduate this year and it would be cool to make an outfit!
liv (185396423)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 23, 2013

Forum Posts: 2094
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby DJ Konztrict (5608809) » Sat May 12, 2018 12:23 am

We need a power rangers kind of theme.. You can have so many ranges of costumes, accessories, helmets, weapons and more.. You could even have megazord homes, vehicles, or npcs.. the possibilities are endless.

DJ Konztrict (5608809)
YoWorld Level: 267
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 18

Postby Amphitrite (186654727) » Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 am

Amphitrite (186654727) wrote:Has there ever been a LOTR theme? I know it is well past when Jackson's movies came out but that doesn't put the books out of date. At least do The Hobbit. It could be so charming and cute. Could throw in the English countryside look and the 18th century rural dress. Lots of vegetable and flower garden. The house should be done just as was written though. Underground, no second floor--that means no stairs cases!, round doors and rounded ceiling, lots of wood and rural 18th century English decor and food.

And yeah, furry bare feet!

Want to add retro sci-fi space tv shows. Someone mentioned "Star Trek" but I also am a fan of "Babylon 5." Love the "X-Files" too which has been brought back, the news seasons and plenty of recent syndication on BBC America. Started watching "Stargate" over again from the beginning recently too on cable. Forgot just how much I loved that series.

Do one theme large or say 4 different themes as sub-themes of one sci-fi theme. Noting the "Stargate" would tie-in with Egyptian themes as well. I was thinking of a stargate looking at the Animated Underwater Door and the Magic Portal...

How about Jules Verne's novels as inspiration?

Next time a pirate reboot...Treasure Island? (could even toss in a bit of Scotland...)

Next time a fairy theme, do it in summer...A Midsummer Night's Dream?

How about Romeo and Juliet for Valentine's Day? and use the Zeffirelli film for inspiration?

Medieval? how about King Arthur legends rather than the usual generic reboots? But please keep in the darker and more sinister parts of the legend--just to frame things, not that you should include this element, King Arthur is born the child from a rape by impersonation via Merlin's sorcery...

But yeah I really want the Tolkien and the retro sci-fi...(for me) especially space...
(maybe others can add to the tv mentions I provided).
Amphitrite (186654727)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 362
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby oOSammyMoonLiteOo (181474780) » Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 pm

would be great to have older themes such as Snowville, Pixie and other older themes come back out. It would also be cool to have a 80's 90' theme
oOSammyMoonLiteOo (181474780)
YoWorld Level: 249
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 19, 2011

Postby Party (108506048) » Thu May 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Folklore, The fellow folk

theres a festival called "fairy fest" that happens around here very popular, Kindve like the Renaissance fair
laurels, nymphs and leather masks for woodland fairies
could also be refereed to as midsummer night dream theme, with a satyr

Click on the banner to go to my apartment, gifts I ask for much appreciated THANK YOU!!!
Party (108506048)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 1802
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176520

I posted this thread a few days ago. I would die for a Halloween theme like this.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 2840
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 am

Hey guys. So I made this post on another one of my threads and Viking David suggested I share it here as well. :)

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I have some suggestions for next year's holiday theme survey the Vikings may want to include. I think we should have all of these themes but it would be fairer to have players vote on them then use that to decide which orders they come out in. I have made lists for Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Christmas. If I come up with anything else I will note it down. I do think exploring other cultural holidays is something BVG can keep doing as well. But these are the larger staple must-do holidays in YoWorld I have made lists for.

Valentine's Day
-80's High School Romance (A High School Dance, in the 80s perhaps?)
-50's Valentine's Day (Drive-In Theater Dates and Make-Out Point scenery!)
-90's Valentine's (Rise of the Internet and romantic chatrooms, rebellious love, party without a care)
-High-End Romantic Restaurant Date
-50 Shades Freed (OKAY! OKAY! That one was just a joke. Don't jump on me.)

Halloween
-Alien Invasion
-80s Horror/Sci-fi (Particularly something with a 'Stranger Things' vibe.)
-Morgue in a Cemetary
-60s/70s Mystery Solvers (Think Scooby Doo, and many other classical monster-hunting or mystery solving Cartoons of the time).
-Haunted Bayou Theme (Cannibals? Ew but sure. Lots of nasty stuff here, think Resident Evil.)
-Interdimensional Horror (Secret government experiments, ever seen the movie The Void? Think that kind of interdimensional horror, horrifying interdimensional beings, tentacles, etc.)
-Found Footage Theme (Think Grave Encounters, Death of a Ghost Hunter, and Rec/Quarantine. The house for this theme would look as though we're looking through a surveillance camera, and the furniture items would all pertain to paranormal occurrences, like shadows, orbs, moving objects, slamming doors, demonic entities, etc.

Christmas
-Magical Winter Forest Theme (Boreal Forest with magical winter creatures, elves, white stags, white owls, aurora lights, glowing trees, glowing flora, ice creatures, etc).
-Holiday Revolution (All holiday figures unite to save the holidays against some entity attempting to overthrow them. Think Grinch, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Rise of the Guardians.)
-Indoor Christmas Mall (Holiday Sale Signs, Christmas Trees and a long line to talk to Santa)
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 263
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 5692
Forum Title: YoDedicated

PreviousNext

Return to YoWorld Discussions