Viking Sarah re wall tiles

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Viking Sarah re wall tiles

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:01 pm

I have noticed the new brick tiles in the furniture store layer over everything again. Can we please pass onto the art team there needs to be consistency when creating these around layering, windows, shelves, pictures paintings, wall sconces etc should all layer over them new and old. Please please I implore you, if there is one bee in my bonnet for decorating this would most definitely be it. Thank you in advance.

Oh PS this needs to apply to all wall tiles this is not just about fixing one.

FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 8800
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Re: Viking Sarah re wall tiles

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 am

If the tiles worked properly, I might buy them. Just sayin'... :D

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11892
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Viking Sarah » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:18 am

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) wrote:I have noticed the new brick tiles in the furniture store layer over everything again. Can we please pass onto the art team there needs to be consistency when creating these around layering, windows, shelves, pictures paintings, wall sconces etc should all layer over them new and old. Please please I implore you, if there is one bee in my bonnet for decorating this would most definitely be it. Thank you in advance.

Hey there, Fermit!

Sorry to hear that wall tiles have been causing you some anger ..... possibly rage. (I definitely get it.)

I just had a little chat with our Content Team regarding these wall layering issues, and we're going to open an investigation into what exactly is happening. For a little backstory, we recently updated one of our item uploading tools to help mitigate tile layering issues, but as you mentioned "new brick tiles", we're wondering if there may be a bug.

To help us out, we're asking if you (or any other player) could provide a couple examples of in-store wall tiles that consistently give you layering headaches. If you're able to provide the exact item names, it would definitely help us out a lot!

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this! :heart:

Viking Sarah
YoWorld Level: 309

Forum Posts: 643
Forum Title: YoWorld Community Manager

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Viking Sarah wrote:
Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) wrote:I have noticed the new brick tiles in the furniture store layer over everything again. Can we please pass onto the art team there needs to be consistency when creating these around layering, windows, shelves, pictures paintings, wall sconces etc should all layer over them new and old. Please please I implore you, if there is one bee in my bonnet for decorating this would most definitely be it. Thank you in advance.

Hey there, Fermit!

Sorry to hear that wall tiles have been causing you some anger ..... possibly rage. (I definitely get it.)

I just had a little chat with our Content Team regarding these wall layering issues, and we're going to open an investigation into what exactly is happening. For a little backstory, we recently updated one of our item uploading tools to help mitigate tile layering issues, but as you mentioned "new brick tiles", we're wondering if there may be a bug.

To help us out, we're asking if you (or any other player) could provide a couple examples of in-store wall tiles that consistently give you layering headaches. If you're able to provide the exact item names, it would definitely help us out a lot!

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this! :heart:

I appreciate your reply I will collate a list, however please know that if they are changed now this could create a whole nother challenge for decorators as we use work arounds in the mean time and have put together rooms in such a way that they work with the layering issues so this would need to be going forward. Maybe other than the exception of the couple and a few others I will find the names of.

There are quite a few in the depot that have layering issues but like I mention above if fixed it can move rooms around, this is what happened when the medieval tiles from the newer theme were fixed. I really don't want to be responsible for this happening, if that makes sense, because that is a great deal of work undone.

If I collate the names it would be with the intention of checking how they are laying, not to fix them. Going forward hopefully then all wall tiles could layer correctly, this is my hope. :heart: I will collate later today :heart:

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:04 am

So far these are what have been tested and all windows except the old taku windows, cabaret windows, and some animated windows layer underneath as well as paintings, portraits etc unless they are animated.

Dark brick wallpaper
Dark wood wallpaper
Light brick wallpaper
Blue backsplash
white backsplash
Yellow backsplash
Grey backsplash
brown wall tile tw2017
Green wall tile tw2017
red wall tile tw2017
Bathroom wall tile jj2018
Horrendous house wall tile
Enchanted everglades wall tile
All tiny home wall tiles other than a couple of old windows
Tranquil Sukiya wall tile
RMS Yotanic wooden wall tile (larger windows layer over top but if moved towards the top of the tile layer underneath)
RMS yotanic floral wall tile (larger windows layer over top but if moved towards the top of the tile layer underneath)

Hopefully from these examples you can test the coding :heart:

I would like to reiterate though if these are all fixed the upheaval to rooms already decorated will create nightmare to fix, this is purely to give you info to prevent this going forward.

Postby FermitthekrogYBLA (1195434) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:28 pm

:heart: