Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:12 am

Toink Toink (117686344) wrote:Mushrooms :drool:


The texture of mushrooms freaks me out. Maybe I need to stop being a child and man up. Lol thank you!
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10840
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:46 am

Always (112546669) wrote:I love the the spinach and strawberry salad, its yum

Heres the link with the recipe:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14276 ... h-salad-i/


Looks and sounds delicious. Thank you!
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10840
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:50 am

JustDucky (132308143) wrote:have you ever had Eggplant parmesan? It's delicious or Kale chips made with olive oil and whatever seasonings you desire. They come out of the oven crisp like a chip.


Kale chips sound delicious. And nope I've never tried eggplant Parmesan. Definitely would want to try it sometime/ :thumbsup:
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10840
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:52 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:World-wide, there are about 1.5 billion cows and bulls. All ruminants (animals which regurgitates food and re-chews it) on the world emit about two billion metric tons of CO2 per year. Plus the clearing of tropical forests and rain forests to get more grazing land and farm land is responsible for an extra 2.8 billion metric tons of CO2 emission per year.

Maybe a plant based diet is the way to save our planet.


It is! Over the past year and a half I have written so many essays on the effects of animal agriculture on the planet.

I think the best way is to purchase all foods locally. Fruits and veggies that are grown halfway across the world and shipped to other countries cause greenhouse gas emissions as well.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10840
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:27 pm

A lot of 3rd world areas keep pigs under the house in a closed area at night they literally have a small pipe in floor they can light to burn the collected methane for heat or cooking so its not released into the air The pigs eat family scrapes SO safe free energy and meat
Now if we could just get pigs to lay eggs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Aren't plant based diets the same as vegan? I could easily go vegan, if I didn't love red meat so much! :heart:
User avatar
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3549
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:53 pm

switch to beets the vegetarians red meat
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Doofy (132308143) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:31 pm

Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:Aren't plant based diets the same as vegan? I could easily go vegan, if I didn't love red meat so much! :heart:


I could never go vegan because I can't give up cheese, honey, and Eggs. I'm not strong enough to give them up. I applaud all who have the willpower to do that though.
Image
User avatar

Doofy (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4172
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Down the rabbit hole in NYC

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Doofy (132308143) » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:32 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:switch to beets the vegetarians red meat


I had a watermelon steak once was delicious :drool:
Image
User avatar

Doofy (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4172
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Down the rabbit hole in NYC

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 pm

If you've never tried ceviche, it's really good! It's soy beans(?) cured with lime juice & you add cilantro, sliced tomatoes & onions, and you can add hot sauce & cucumbers as well
Image
User avatar
Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 8648
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: L̷̥̦͋o̷̭̹̫̿ș̸̭̦̈̎ṯ̶͑͒͝ ̸̬͔̋̍͝I̴͚̖̔̇n̸͙͊̊̉ ̵̹̪͖̕͠Ṭ̴́h̸̛͉̄̈́͜e̸̲̹̅͐͗ ̴̠̟͚̔͑Ê̸͍̗c̸̢͎̳̑h̴̟́̌̚o̴̯͘

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:47 pm

We get ceviche at a Peruvian restaurant
Anything with cilantro lime and avocado is good
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:59 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:We get ceviche at a Peruvian restaurant
Anything with cilantro lime and avocado is good


I love anything with avocados!
User avatar
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3549
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Fiore (155677018) » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:26 pm

Robyn VIP (8132649) wrote:
INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:We get ceviche at a Peruvian restaurant
Anything with cilantro lime and avocado is good


I love anything with avocados!

Same! :drool:
User avatar
Fiore (155677018)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 05, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 8648
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: L̷̥̦͋o̷̭̹̫̿ș̸̭̦̈̎ṯ̶͑͒͝ ̸̬͔̋̍͝I̴͚̖̔̇n̸͙͊̊̉ ̵̹̪͖̕͠Ṭ̴́h̸̛͉̄̈́͜e̸̲̹̅͐͗ ̴̠̟͚̔͑Ê̸͍̗c̸̢͎̳̑h̴̟́̌̚o̴̯͘

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:19 am

When I was a kid, my ma used to say, "Don't just fill up on vegetables--eat your meat!" I still don't eat much meat and feel I'm healthier and richer for it. But I would miss meat, so I'm not going vegan now or ever. I do wish some of the issues with mass production of meat products were addressed although there has been some progress. For example, in California now, chickens have a minimum required cage they must be kept in. Better if no cage, no hormones, etc, but it's a start. I figure 100 years from now, if we're all still here, things will be unrecognizable compared to now. I hope anyway...
Image
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 11876
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Sunny California

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:38 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:When I was a kid, my ma used to say, "Don't just fill up on vegetables--eat your meat!" I still don't eat much meat and feel I'm healthier and richer for it. But I would miss meat, so I'm not going vegan now or ever. I do wish some of the issues with mass production of meat products were addressed although there has been some progress. For example, in California now, chickens have a minimum required cage they must be kept in. Better if no cage, no hormones, etc, but it's a start. I figure 100 years from now, if we're all still here, things will be unrecognizable compared to now. I hope anyway...

Sadly one of the primary reasons for caging chickens is well so they dotn all kill each other which is what they do on an open floor
But also when in individual cages they have an opening for head since at birth the beak is melted so that it is irritated continually which makes them peck and eat to market weight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:03 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:
Erwyle (187240896) wrote:When I was a kid, my ma used to say, "Don't just fill up on vegetables--eat your meat!" I still don't eat much meat and feel I'm healthier and richer for it. But I would miss meat, so I'm not going vegan now or ever. I do wish some of the issues with mass production of meat products were addressed although there has been some progress. For example, in California now, chickens have a minimum required cage they must be kept in. Better if no cage, no hormones, etc, but it's a start. I figure 100 years from now, if we're all still here, things will be unrecognizable compared to now. I hope anyway...

Sadly one of the primary reasons for caging chickens is well so they dotn all kill each other which is what they do on an open floor
But also when in individual cages they have an opening for head since at birth the beak is melted so that it is irritated continually which makes them peck and eat to market weight


I wish I didn't know that about the beak. But now I do, it sucks. And not in a good way...
:sad:
Image
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 312
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 11876
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Sunny California

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:46 pm

We produce so many chickens in north and south america that one of the highest paid jobs in the food industry (at manufacturing levels) is a chicken sexer

You sit there and baby chicks come shooting out a tube, catch, turn, look- toss males right into other chute to be ground up
Press females to a hot plate to melt beaks then into chute were they are collected and sent to farms to raise to market weight with constant pecking for 8-12 weeks.Recollected and taken to slaughterhouse.
I worked with a guy who lived on a chicken farm 2 brothers the father told them he wouldnt want them to take over the business When he passes he wants them to tear down the barns. Said This isnt chicken farming any more Im not a farmer Im an undertaker. When he started farming you went each morning feed chickens.Now every morning HE pulls a bulldozer to barn and spends 2 hours tossing pecked dead birds in it to make into compost sold to fertilizer companies.

Im no vegan or even a vegetarian but I do know wholesale food and I dont eat it AT ALL local organic foods no gmo
Pork is the worst it used to have trichinosis now with all the feeds and breeding pork has 12 inherent deseases in it...
ALL 'wet' garbage any organic waste cabbage cakes meat wtr in stores is put into huge plastic bins which are picked up weekly by pig farmers its a rotten swill so they over vaccinate pork to deal with the poisonous soup
I quit retail food after 30 years because I wasnt eating for days at a time. RETAIL North American food production is unbelievable. USA throws out 40 per cent of all farm product by weight a year.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:48 am

melt the chicks beak? I dont think anyone would eat meat if they researched the cruelty involved in some types of farming.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3752
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Previous

Return to General Discussions