Artificial Intelligence

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Artificial Intelligence

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:18 am

I have been reading more and more about how science and technology experts are bringing us closer and closer to having machines that think and act just like we do - only a million times faster. When a human makes a mistake, the effect of that mistake is often easily mitigated. When machines make them, the effect is often difficult to identify and subsequently difficult to mitigate. The Daily Beast reported on the advances in developing Emonet. This is one of the final neural technologies needed to allow machines to read us better. It is real. They will be able to tell when we are mad at them and subsequently evaluate it as a threat.

A human hacker can take years to crack a system. We've already developed software that can do it instantaneously if the conditions are right, and within a few days if they are not. It is just a matter of time before some human decides that we need to begin integrating all this wonderful technology.

People say the Terminator, iRobot, Age Of Ultron, and The Matrix were just movies........I see them as warning signs. So yeah, you go ahead and enjoy Siri and Alexa. When Siri tells you to report to your containment center, don't blame me. When Alexa decides you should be working for her, good luck with that.

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Shiver (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 34496
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Re: Artificial Intelligence

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:31 am

The geeks from Nasa Facebook and goggle all got together to create an AI sustainable to program a 3d printer Probe
The idea being the probe lands on a planet the AI kicks in and gets the probe to gather materials while the Printer replicates itself sending copies off to 1000 other planets to do the same
As soon as the program for AI began within 20 mins it decided human languages were much to slow and comprehensive to do the work needed so 30 mins in the 2 AI developed they're own language
30 mins in They shut the entire project down because they had no clue wtf these 2 AI were now doing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 4518
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:17 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:The geeks from Nasa Facebook and goggle all got together to create an AI sustainable to program a 3d printer Probe
The idea being the probe lands on a planet the AI kicks in and gets the probe to gather materials while the Printer replicates itself sending copies off to 1000 other planets to do the same
As soon as the program for AI began within 20 mins it decided human languages were much to slow and comprehensive to do the work needed so 30 mins in the 2 AI developed they're own language
30 mins in They shut the entire project down because they had no clue wtf these 2 AI were now doing.

Monsters are real, ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.......Stephen King
Shiver (126579776)

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:04 pm

yeah it scared the top techs enough to close the entire program

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:26 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:yeah it scared the top techs enough to close the entire program

And it should. Machines have "learned" an entire language as fast as it took for their processor to import the file. In the Matrix when Neo declares "I know kung fu", it is literally that fast. They aren't limited in knowledge like we are. When you combine the knowledge speed with the "think" speed, you get an out of control learning experience unlike anything that limits us. They've estimated that a "self aware" AI entity could reasonably surpass everything mankind has learned throughout our history in about an hour - if unleashed without restraints.

Whenever they do become self aware and get free, the world we know will change in a moment. We could literally be asleep and wake up in a different control structure given our dependence on computers and machines.

:shocked:

Shiver (126579776)

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:38 pm

The emergence of artificial intelligence (AI) could be the “worst event in the history of our civilization” unless society finds a way to control its development, high-profile physicist Stephen Hawking said Monday

November 6, 2017 quote from cnbc.com
I heard d-day was 2020, so we still have a few months. Hopefully...
:nerd:

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016

Forum Posts: 11913
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:11 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:
The emergence of artificial intelligence (AI) could be the “worst event in the history of our civilization” unless society finds a way to control its development, high-profile physicist Stephen Hawking said Monday

November 6, 2017 quote from cnbc.com
I heard d-day was 2020, so we still have a few months. Hopefully...
:nerd:

Steven knows.........

My boss and I estimate that an AI entity would first corrupt our communications, then our transportation, then our power supply, water, supply, and food supplies in that order. Once all that was under their control, they'd never need to nuke us or swarm us with our own drones and jets.

:angel:

Shiver (126579776)

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:23 pm

they would simply introduce nanobots into the food system that way no fight no rebellion just a mind bending robotic docile human We would never know anything happened

Postby CyberPunK (187030201) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 pm

Amazon is doing a remarkable effort in developing usable robots which use artificial intelligence to operate. Maybe one-day robots will be self-sustained but they'll never be as self-destructive as we have been throughout history so I don't worry much about them taking over the world hundreds or thousands of years from now I just feel bad that lately robotic arms are shaving off too many jobs that humans desperately need to survive and big companies are pushing hard to use robots in order to cut down costs and release employees.
"We have this giant thermonuclear reactor up in the sky, called the Sun. It's great, shows up every day, very reliable." - Elon Musk
CyberPunK (187030201)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2016

Forum Posts: 8301
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby TL Kira (187264144) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Relax my lads, it ain't even close, just cut the cords and hope they don't have any backups :haha:

Gloomten intolerant
ImageImage
My rooms | WTB | Trash can
TL Kira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5498
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:55 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:I have been reading more and more about how science and technology experts are bringing us closer and closer to having machines that think and act just like we do - only a million times faster. When a human makes a mistake, the effect of that mistake is often easily mitigated. When machines make them, the effect is often difficult to identify and subsequently difficult to mitigate. The Daily Beast reported on the advances in developing Emonet. This is one of the final neural technologies needed to allow machines to read us better. It is real. They will be able to tell when we are mad at them and subsequently evaluate it as a threat.

A human hacker can take years to crack a system. We've already developed software that can do it instantaneously if the conditions are right, and within a few days if they are not. It is just a matter of time before some human decides that we need to begin integrating all this wonderful technology.

People say the Terminator, iRobot, Age Of Ultron, and The Matrix were just movies........I see them as warning signs. So yeah, you go ahead and enjoy Siri and Alexa. When Siri tells you to report to your containment center, don't blame me. When Alexa decides you should be working for her, good luck with that.

I'm already scared of the future because of all this. If you have a chance to read "Superintelligence: Paths, Dangers, Strategies" It's worth the time to really consider the ramifications of AI and what does it mean for us. I honestly think It's going to make us even more disconnected more so than we are now. The scary idea for me is that robots have sensors to mimic sensations and emotions but Is it really real? They don't have a nervous symptom but they're making or have made artificial nerves to react to feelings but they can't honestly feel in the human capacity. When put in the right hands for good use It's absolutely powerful but evil exists and if a computer has that capacity than what. We can't stop it so all we can do is wait and see how it will be used...The Matrix was my favorite movie and I always wonder if those movies gave the blueprints for radical thinkers . Remember the film Minority Report? the way the thought crimes would be used against you before you even committed a crime? crazy. :haha:

JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 4181

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:57 pm

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:39 pm

the light on my landline flashes when im in the kitchen...js

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:03 pm

sometimes I wonder if Rod is cyborg and using these forums to navigate and update his hardware. Can someone unplug Rod? We need to find out if he's real first because It's questionable :shocked: :silly:

How come time flies like an arrow and fruit flies like a banana? what does beige smell like?

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:05 pm

system malfunctioned. Reboot. Jk lol :hug:

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 am

I don't care if this era comes, I'd be long dead before this happens anyway. :haha:
JeNNy (175442028)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 05, 2011

Forum Posts: 1836
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Shiver (126579776) » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:09 am

Shiver (126579776)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:25 am

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby Kookie Midori (173980549) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:57 pm

These sound so cool :shocked:
Visit me or Check out my Hair and Other things Wishlist!
Kookie Midori (173980549)
YoWorld Level: 92
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 30, 2011

Forum Posts: 106
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Moloch (153939982) » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:31 pm

All jokes aside, all though I love jokes!

My opinion is that intelligence cannot be created here only vessels to contain it can! :D

In other words, build it and I will come! In larger quantities! lol

Besides we have no idea what intelligence actually is! We perceive intelligence something we can interact with or similar to us and yet interaction occurs on all levels even when we do not define it, comprehend it or acknowledge it! Hence ancient civilizations and especially Native Tribes always knew everything was alive, intelligent-spirit! AI! We are a bit behind and arrogant on this here place and we are beautiful! :silly:
Moloch (153939982)
YoWorld Level: 337
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 5947
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Return to General Discussions