Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Please Can You Change The Arrows Back Begging You!

Postby JulieHootieScraps (108384802) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:18 am

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) wrote:I sincerely hope there is a choice between old and new I have spent a small fortune on the new ones and prefer transparent. I am sorry I am on the opposite side of the fence.

It seems the best solution would be to allow people to choose which gradient of opacity they want for their arrows -- it would be nice if another option would allow you to choose a tinted color for the arrow, too, sort of like how we can change our avi speech background colors. I don't know a thing about difficulty of coding, but if it's an all-or-nothing, that seems rather limiting. Clearly it CAN be changed as they switched all the arrows from opaque to nearly transparent.
ImageImage
*Passive aggressive siggies are pretentious and exhausting.*

JulieHootieScraps (108384802)
YoWorld Level: 333
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 11, 2009

Forum Posts: 12016
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:34 am

Fermitthekrog YBLA (1195434) wrote:I sincerely hope there is a choice between old and new I have spent a small fortune on the new ones and prefer transparent. I am sorry I am on the opposite side of the fence.

Well the good news is that it looks like they are going to stay the way they are. What does it matter that they are useless for a lot of players and rooms now.

I get that you prefer them as is, but I think from a functional standpoint arrows that are functional (ones that can be seen) are better than non functional ones (how can anybody use them if they do not see them) – I never got the need to hide the arrows in rooms anyway. They were always there to indicate where you can go to other room. Without that how do players know where to click?

Sure, they can hover slowly across the whole room and try to find the hidden arrow, but that takes ages if you have to do in multiple rooms while taking a tour.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:37 am

BVG made a big mess and they do not want to clean it up they changed this item without permission from players that bought them and if they do not change it back i going to request a full refund on all arrows that bought since they come out. I created an big hospital on yoworld as a project took me years and years now i hardly can see the arrows.

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 16297
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:57 am

XxDarkMarioxX (104376062) wrote:BVG made a big mess and they do not want to clean it up they changed this item without permission from players that bought them and if they do not change it back i going to request a full refund on all arrows that bought since they come out. I created an big hospital on yoworld as a project took me years and years now i hardly can see the arrows.

You are so right, Mario! They did make a big mess of this and don't want to clean it up. Many of us spent hundreds of YC on the original darker arrows that could be seen plainly in the room to know where to go next and then without warning, yanked the rug out from under our feet by making them them transparent. I asked that if they couldn't change them back, I would like a refund because this is not what I paid for. They told me NO and that they were perfectly functional and no refund would be issued. Functional???? How is invisible and useless functional? They said that the only change they made was cosmetic. I don't see why they don't understand that cosmetic does change the functionality when you need to see the arrow to know where to go next. They also insist that the arrows were more transparent when they were first released but that is not true as most of us know. They were every bit as dark as the default ones that come in the homes we buy.

And I do feel for the ones who are buying the new transparent arrows and like them that way. You should not have those changed on you either.
They need to offer both, as we all spent YC on both kinds.
They put both in the game and scooped up our real life money, so now please put them both back BVG!
Looking for a particular inexpensive but vaulted decor item? Please visit my thread:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=203638

Girl Detective (113683590)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 3695

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 3:34 pm

Please fix this issue BVG put them back to how they were when we bought them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

THE SCORPIONS (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012

Forum Posts: 3811

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:11 pm

We heard from Viking Sarah about this and it's great news!! It's now buried in the thread she posted it in, so I'll post it here so you can see it, since it's so hard to find. It's a long message, so I bolded the besr parts.

Girl Detective (113683590) wrote:Welcome Viking Andrew! It's great to have to have you join us! :rose:

Viking Sarah wrote:
YoJohn (135968828) wrote:Will the item called "Teleport Arrow" ever be returned back to it's original state that was solid colored, that could have been seen in all rooms and matched the arrows in houses?

It has been like that for significantly longer time (solid) than it has been transparent so it is only right to reverse it back now that the players who like transparent ones can purchase them.

Hey YoJohn!

There's good news and not-so-good-but-still-okay news when it comes to Teleport Arrows.

Let's keep things in high spirits and start with the good news:

We've definitely heard the requests, seen the example screenshots, (and opened the threatening messages - you know who you are) for the original Teleport Arrow colour to make a return. I'm happy to say that we've got this on our radar and are doing everything we can to make this a reality for everyone and expedite the entire process.

The not-as-good news is that a request like this could take a little bit of time. If I had all the powers in the world to flip a switch and deliver them to you right away, I would have flipped that switch immediately.... and taped it down, boxed it in, locked the door, threw away the key.

The creation of Teleport Arrows involves multiple teams here at YoWorld HQ. The Art team designs, the Dev team creates the background code so that they work in-game, the Content team packages everything together, and then finally, your Community team let's you all know about it. All of these teams ultimately need to have these types of requests worked into their everyday tasks, which is why this process can seem to take an eternity.

With all of that said, you have my official promise that I will update all of you as soon as any new information can be delivered regarding Teleport Arrows! Trust me, I'm as anxious as all of you :)

I am beyond thrilled with this news! Having the original arrows back will put my connected themed rooms/homes back in operation. Thank you so much for this and thank you Sarah for keeping us updated when you are able.
Looking for a particular inexpensive but vaulted decor item? Please visit my thread:

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:35 pm

Great news but I don't understand as we are asking for something that was already created and in game for years not something new? or am I being thick here and whoever flicked the switch and made them transparent in the first place just unflick it :?:

Postby YoJohn (135968828) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:43 pm

TUSCANY, I also refuse to believe it takes such a long time. I mean sure, I can imagine it might take some time, but they are acting, like they need to invent and build a rocket to go to the moon in real life.

I am pretty sure is does not (should not) take seven months to recolour one bloody item and make six new variants of it (even if they are "special" items like teleport arrows). And neither does it take (should it take) even more time just to change one item back.

They still have not explained why it took them so long to make those color variants, and why they did not – after seven months! – change the color (or rather the opacity) on the original ones back yet.
ImageImageImageImageImage
YoJohn (135968828)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 3808

Postby Bluezz YOJ (7529145) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:48 pm

Why would anyone BUY arrows only to make them invisible or hard to see? That makes no sense. If your buying and placing arrows it's because you want to see them so people/you can enter another room. But I do like the idea of the arrows that already come with the room being able to disappear if your decorating in a way where your not using the the doorway BVG placed in a room.
Posting opinions in the forum is like fishing for people to tell you how wrong you are.

Love Shack, Baby
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?d=h12775009

Bluezz YOJ (7529145)
YoWorld Level: 349
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 596
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Well said The Baker! Great outfit btw didn't recognize you haha

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:53 pm

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Great news but I don't understand as we are asking for something that was already created and in game for years not something new? or am I being thick here and whoever flicked the switch and made them transparent in the first place just unflick it :?:

I don't understand it either and wish we had answers because bringing back what we already had and paid for should be a simple fix.

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:21 pm

Bluezz YOJ (7529145) wrote:Why would anyone BUY arrows only to make them invisible or hard to see? That makes no sense. If your buying and placing arrows it's because you want to see them so people/you can enter another room. But I do like the idea of the arrows that already come with the room being able to disappear if your decorating in a way where your not using the the doorway BVG placed in a room.

I do it because the transparent ones look better in my rooms and I don't give tours. I know where the arrows are so they don't need to be an eyesore for me. But the old ones work better for some rooms and really for those who give tours, so Idk why we can't have both.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 16111
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Girl Detective (113683590) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:12 am

Girl Detective (113683590) wrote:
TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Great news but I don't understand as we are asking for something that was already created and in game for years not something new? or am I being thick here and whoever flicked the switch and made them transparent in the first place just unflick it :?:

I don't understand it either and wish we had answers because bringing back what we already had and paid for should be a simple fix.

Sarah or Andrew, are there any updates on how this is coming along?

Postby Nubianpride (112814401) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Love the new arrows. Don't use them for what they are intended for since they work too good in the decorating, but found that they work for highlighting where they are when placed in the black space around the rooms. I would also like them better if we could mix and match them( Oh well, wishful thinking )

Nubianpride (112814401)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 97
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Nubianpride (112814401) » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:49 pm

LiL MaMa (149099631) wrote:I wish we could gift the free arrows. I never use them.

When I get the arrow with the module room, I just put the arrow in the room, that way if I do decide to connect the room later, I know exactly were it is at.

Nubianpride (112814401)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 97
Forum Title: YoNovice

Previous

Return to YoWorld Discussions