Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Re: Upcoming Theme Suggestions!

Postby oOSammyMoonLiteOo (181474780) » Wed May 16, 2018 8:58 pm

would be great to have older themes such as Snowville, Pixie and other older themes come back out. It would also be cool to have a 80's 90' theme
oOSammyMoonLiteOo (181474780)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 19, 2011

Forum Posts: 6
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Party (108506048) » Thu May 17, 2018 1:50 pm

Folklore, The fellow folk

theres a festival called "fairy fest" that happens around here very popular, Kindve like the Renaissance fair
laurels, nymphs and leather masks for woodland fairies
could also be refereed to as midsummer night dream theme, with a satyr

Click on the banner to go to my apartment, gifts I ask for much appreciated THANK YOU!!!
Party (108506048)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 1965
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=176520

I posted this thread a few days ago. I would die for a Halloween theme like this.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 6222
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 am

Hey guys. So I made this post on another one of my threads and Viking David suggested I share it here as well. :)

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I have some suggestions for next year's holiday theme survey the Vikings may want to include. I think we should have all of these themes but it would be fairer to have players vote on them then use that to decide which orders they come out in. I have made lists for Valentine's Day, Halloween, and Christmas. If I come up with anything else I will note it down. I do think exploring other cultural holidays is something BVG can keep doing as well. But these are the larger staple must-do holidays in YoWorld I have made lists for.

Valentine's Day
-80's High School Romance (A High School Dance, in the 80s perhaps?)
-50's Valentine's Day (Drive-In Theater Dates and Make-Out Point scenery!)
-90's Valentine's (Rise of the Internet and romantic chatrooms, rebellious love, party without a care)
-High-End Romantic Restaurant Date
-50 Shades Freed (OKAY! OKAY! That one was just a joke. Don't jump on me.)

Halloween
-Alien Invasion
-80s Horror/Sci-fi (Particularly something with a 'Stranger Things' vibe.)
-Morgue in a Cemetary
-60s/70s Mystery Solvers (Think Scooby Doo, and many other classical monster-hunting or mystery solving Cartoons of the time).
-Haunted Bayou Theme (Cannibals? Ew but sure. Lots of nasty stuff here, think Resident Evil.)
-Interdimensional Horror (Secret government experiments, ever seen the movie The Void? Think that kind of interdimensional horror, horrifying interdimensional beings, tentacles, etc.)
-Found Footage Theme (Think Grave Encounters, Death of a Ghost Hunter, and Rec/Quarantine. The house for this theme would look as though we're looking through a surveillance camera, and the furniture items would all pertain to paranormal occurrences, like shadows, orbs, moving objects, slamming doors, demonic entities, etc.

Christmas
-Magical Winter Forest Theme (Boreal Forest with magical winter creatures, elves, white stags, white owls, aurora lights, glowing trees, glowing flora, ice creatures, etc).
-Holiday Revolution (All holiday figures unite to save the holidays against some entity attempting to overthrow them. Think Grinch, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Rise of the Guardians.)
-Indoor Christmas Mall (Holiday Sale Signs, Christmas Trees and a long line to talk to Santa)
Anthony SpaceTime (102235402)
YoWorld Level: 266
YoWorld Start Date: May 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 6318

Postby Queen Karah (147463970) » Fri May 18, 2018 1:57 pm

I have a suggestion, I think there should be a theme that involved tree houses. There are elaborate tree house homes people all over the world live in ranging from small to very large. These homes can be decorated with all natural wood furniture and other decor items inspired by nature and its environment. Another theme could be based on tiny homes. There are tiny homes that are being sold as an alternative to the average sized homes to those who cannot afford an average sized home. One more theme idea, this theme could be based on the homes for humanity program; it could be furnished with appliances from the Home Depot and furniture from Ikea.

Thank you,
Queen Karah
Queen Karah (147463970)
YoWorld Level: 256
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 28, 2010

Forum Posts: 6

Postby bumble (4440787) » Fri May 18, 2018 2:03 pm

would love to see a theme based on the film Grease with a drive through, retro garage, also some 50s inspired records from music store. Maybe a milk bar, pj party and levy racing :)
Last edited by bumble (4440787) on Sat May 19, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bumble (4440787)
YoWorld Level: 259
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2008

Forum Posts: 21
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Amphitrite (186654727) » Fri May 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Party (108506048) wrote:Folklore, The fellow folk

theres a festival called "fairy fest" that happens around here very popular, Kindve like the Renaissance fair
laurels, nymphs and leather masks for woodland fairies
could also be refereed to as midsummer night dream theme, with a satyr

Could also somehow incorporate Elves--but NOT little beings that make shoes lol: Elves as in the Norse mythology Elves that Tolkien used for inspiration. They were beings of light and connected to the fertility gods Frey(r) and Frey(j)a. The Faerie are connected to myths/legend/folk beliefs of the Celtic lands (not just Ireland). Many of Faerie are the remnant of (belief in) Celtic deities after the introduction of Christianity.

https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/elves/
Amphitrite (186654727)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 13, 2016

Forum Posts: 436
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby Party (108506048) » Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 pm

Could also somehow incorporate Elves--but NOT little beings that make shoes lol: Elves as in the Norse mythology Elves that Tolkien used for inspiration. They were beings of light and connected to the fertility gods Frey(r) and Frey(j)a. The Faerie are connected to myths/legend/folk beliefs of the Celtic lands (not just Ireland). Many of Faerie are the remnant of (belief in) Celtic deities after the introduction of Christianity.

https://norse-mythology.org/gods-and-creatures/elves/[/quote]

Oh wow, I find it all very fascinating! The festival that Im talking about has elves, and normal fairies wearing wings kindve costumes... but yeah the celtic folklore was more of what the theme I was trying to lean towards, because not all "fairies" have wings, and can be mischievous little creatures like gnomes
Click on the banner to go to my apartment, gifts I ask for much appreciated THANK YOU!!!
Party (108506048)

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:04 pm

Could we please have a Teslapunk theme? It's a genre based off of the era right after Steampunk, where instead of steam power, electricity is first used. This is a Sci-Fi theme, of course. You can call this theme "The Age of Power". For items, they'd include lots of visible electricity, from headgear to guns, massive Tesla coils, large bulbs containing visible electricity, wireless electricity. For this theme, there aren't many wires being used, since the idea is that electricity travels wirelessly thanks to the Tesla Coil technology. This genre is very grey in color palette, so that's something to keep in mind. The house for this theme could be a study or even a public location. Maybe a European manor?

Credit for the inspirational art used below goes to their respective artists.
Last edited by Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) on Sat May 19, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Sat May 19, 2018 1:16 pm

I am gonna suggest this theme again since I am not so sure if I had suggested it in this particular thread. This would be another sci-fi theme, only taking place around a World War. It's Dieselpunk in nature, but BVG could title the theme "Age of War". It contains much copper, green, and platinum in its color palette. The architecture is bulky, utilitarian, and brutalist in style. The skies are grey with the smokes of war, filled with warplanes, zeppelins, and searchlights.

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon May 21, 2018 11:55 am

I'd love for BVG to bring back more coin handhelds or coin mystery boxes.

For instance, lets say we have a Fall Festival theme this year. We could have a coin mystery box of handheld festival foods.

Or for Halloween we could have a Trick or Treat mystery box of handheld treats.
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 6222

Postby DJ DirtyDeeds (114508580) » Tue May 22, 2018 10:49 am

Give us a FULL ON Harajuku Theme Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top this would be a big HIT :thumbsup: :drool: :heart:
DJ DirtyDeeds (114508580)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 1361
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Party (108506048) » Tue May 22, 2018 1:54 pm

[quote="DJ DirtyDeeds (114508580)"]Give us a FULL ON Harajuku Theme Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top this would be a big HIT :thumbsup: :drool: :heart:
YES to all this!
Could definitely use more anime eyes since those that were are like millions :silly:
Party (108506048)

Postby Linda M (178258974) » Wed May 23, 2018 1:38 pm

I'd like to suggest a Southern working horse farm. Big oak trees with moss, lots of acreage, horse stalls, beautiful horses, a training field where animated horses learn. I think it'd be a nice summer theme. A nice farm house, trainers, lovely fields with wildflowers. Horses that we can ride. Maybe even an animated race....? Ty.

Linda M (178258974)
YoWorld Level: 265
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2011

Forum Posts: 19
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby GoryMikey666 (178293069) » Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 am

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I am gonna suggest this theme again since I am not so sure if I had suggested it in this particular thread. This would be another sci-fi theme, only taking place around a World War. It's Dieselpunk in nature, but BVG could title the theme "Age of War". It contains much copper, green, and platinum in its color palette. The architecture is bulky, utilitarian, and brutalist in style. The skies are grey with the smokes of war, filled with warplanes, zeppelins, and searchlights.

I would love a Diselpunk theme

GoryMikey666 (178293069)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 02, 2011

Forum Posts: 18702
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Lacy (123536660) » Sat May 26, 2018 8:17 pm

bonaire girl (135908069) wrote:I would like to see a pet rescue, with animal agility course, enrichment activities. toys, furniture.

Yes :thumbsup:
Click Siggy for Link

There are two times of year for me: Christmas Season and waiting for Christmas Season.

Lacy (123536660)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 8602
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast

Postby RNFxP H Y (187641083) » Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 am

WOW! <3 :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:
RNFxP H Y (187641083)
YoWorld Level: 38
YoWorld Start Date: May 04, 2018

Forum Posts: 1

Postby Honey xo (186026385) » Mon May 28, 2018 11:01 am

DJ DirtyDeeds (114508580) wrote:Give us a FULL ON Harajuku Theme Pretty Please with a Cherry on Top this would be a big HIT :thumbsup: :drool: :heart:

Yes please! :drool: :drool:
Honey xo (186026385)
YoWorld Level: 227
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2014

Forum Posts: 1201
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Snickers (140943349) » Mon May 28, 2018 11:52 am

I been back on yo after 6yrs... Let me tell you what a dissapointment its been so far. I log on to themes that are as old as 2010 still on the board... then this memorial day really iu give us france.. some of us soldiers would liked tribute better.. The game economy is so screwed up its not funny. Bring back the limited and collectables monthly in the limited and collectibles sections.... its still giving us royal india NPCs a little insulting...

Also since u basically told yo rehab to get bent there is no longer a price medium for game players are paying thousands of dollars just for one item.... instead of being worried about what themes to add. start by deleting old expired holiday themes dele all the 2010 themes including camp yo and cottage nobody buys them,....

Then we gonna tell u there is this other building and decorating game called IMVU.. try giving us some of the grown up content....
Snickers (140943349)
YoWorld Level: 284
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 17, 2009

Forum Posts: 5

Postby Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) » Mon May 28, 2018 12:04 pm

Anthony SpaceTime (102235402) wrote:I could have made a longer list, and there are many things I left out, but... Let me know if any of these themes have already been done.

Location/City/Country-Based
-Philadelphia
-Puerto Rico
-Brazil
-Toronto
-Albania
-Moscow
-Netherland
-Pittsburg
-Alaska
-Yellow Stone National Park
-Philippines
-Thailand
-Dubai
-Cape Town (South Africa)
-Malaysia
-New Zealand
-Germany
-Scotland
-Wales
-Anoka (Minnesota)
-Denmark

Sci-Fi
Apocalypse: Alien Invasion
Apocalypse: Zombie Uprising
Apocalypse: Prophecy of the Gods
Apocalypse: Natural Disaster
Cyberpunk
Dieselpunk
Decopunk
Candlepunk
Solarpunk
Teslapunk
Biopunk
50s Sci-fi
80s Sci-fi (Ex: Stranger Things)
Space Doctor (Doctor Who-inspired)
90s Sci-Fi
Space and Time
Faction Dystopia
Sci-Fi Fantasy Mix
Gothic Sci-fi
Sci-fi Romance
Government Conspiracy
Area 51
Space-Western (Ex: Cowboys in Space)
Intergalactic Empire
Transdimensional (Ex: Stranger Things, The Void)
Futuristic Utopia
Time Travelling
Military Sci-fi
Hollow Earth (Sci-fi)
Generation Ship
Ancient Egyptian Sci-fi
Mayan Sci-fi
Military Conspiracy (Ex: The Philadelphia Experiment)
Virtual Reality
Retrowave/Synthwave
Dyson Sphere/Star Colony
Back to the Future-Inspired

Horror
Vampires Vs Werewolves
Edgar Alan Poe
Occult (Ex: Cults, Dark Worship)
Catacombs of Paris
Victorian Vampires
Ghost Hunting (Ex: Death of a Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Activity Franchise, Grave Encounter Films)
Found Film (Ex: Blair Witch Project, Rec/Quarantine, American Horror Story: Roanoke)
Haunted Museum
Haunted House/Halloween Attraction
Neon Haunt
Creepy Collections (Ex: Dolls, Gas Masks, Organs, Taxidermy Figures)
Creepy/Halloween Themed Restaurant
Extraterrestrial Horror
Morgue in a Cemetery
Haunted Bayou
60s/70s Mystery Solvers (Ex: Scooby Doo)
Urban Legends (Ex: Bloody Mary, La Llorona, Hanako-San, Woman in Black, Lady in White, Slender Man, Candy Man)

Fantasy
Urban Fantasy
Celestial Fantasy (See: "Celestial Exploring art by Kagaya" on Google Images)
Historical Fantasy (Ex: Pan's Labyrinth takes place during the Spanish-French War, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter)
H.P. Lovecraftian Fantasy
Dreamscape
Hollow Earth (Fantasy)
80s Fantasy
90s Fantasy
Victorian Fantasy
Gypsy (Fantasy)
Spiritual (Fantasy)
Utopian Fantasy
Dystopian Fantasy
Magical Borreal/Winter Forest Theme
Hell Frozen Over
Seven Deadly Sins (Fantasy)

Adventure/Travel
Cryptozoology
Urban Exploring
Historic Adventure
Realistic Space Travel
Natural Museum
Bermuda Triangle
Search and Find (Ex: I Spy, Where's Waldo, Do You See What I See?)
Seven Wonders of the World

Life Style and Culture
Bohemian
Gypsy (Realistic)
Fitness
Spiritual (Non-Fantasy)
Pop-Culture
Cosplay (Ex: Comicon)
Pop Music Culture
Anime
Seven Deadly Sins (Realistic)
Tattoo Studio/Parlor