Decorating issue: distance from animated objects..

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

Decorating issue: distance from animated objects..

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:24 am

I have had this for ages, its starting to be very annoying! So many times ive tried to add a tiny detail to an complete room, dropped the object in place to turn or push in place, and other objects, no where near are preventing me getting hold of the thing I want to move!. I end up shoving half a dozen things out the way to get hold of it and move it, only to struggle to get them back in place afterwards and ending up cancelling the edit.

I have an example from today, luckily just an easy one i can just pull the branch out, turn and place the mat and put the branch back, but look how far away the branch is! the bottom arrow is where the branch started preventing me from grabbing anything, you can see the outline appear! Why is the area it effects so large?? I just want to put a rug over that arrow!

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 6765
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Decorating issue: distance from animated objects..

Postby Riff (185643699) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:35 am

i know, this is very frustrating. ive yelled at my computer quite a few times thanks to this. its annoying because since bvg has bought out items that have a constant animation, instead of clickable items that zynga would do, some of them need a lot of "room". infact some cover almost an entire room. its very hard to decorate with unless you put these items in last. i have some storage rooms that are labelled "annoying animations", and ive put the worst ones in there. even having them in storage can be a pain

trying to click what you want is a decorators nightmare at times. so they not only add lag, but this other frustration. i have some swimming ducks in a room. you would think that they wouldnt take up too much "space", but they really do. and fires can be a real pain too. too many to list actually. eh, it is what it is... :phew:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
Riff (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 388
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014

Forum Posts: 12002
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Re: Decorating issue: distance from animated objects..

Postby Mrs Poker (2830693) » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:42 am

Riff (185643699) wrote:i know, this is very frustrating. ive yelled at my computer quite a few times thanks to this. its annoying because since bvg has bought out items that have a constant animation, instead of clickable items that zynga would do, some of them need a lot of "room". infact some cover almost an entire room. its very hard to decorate with unless you put these items in last. i have some storage rooms that are labelled "annoying animations", and ive put the worst ones in there. even having them in storage can be a pain

trying to click what you want is a decorators nightmare at times. so they not only add lag, but this other frustration. i have some swimming ducks in a room. you would think that they wouldnt take up too much "space", but they really do. and fires can be a real pain too. too many to list actually. eh, it is what it is... :phew:

I usually have animation off because of lag. Now I cant go to so many sales because I get as far as the door, and the 'reach' of the animations on the sale objects means I cant find a space to walk to get in, so I leave! lol

Mrs Poker (2830693)
YoWorld Level: 326
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 21, 2008

Forum Posts: 6765
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Return to YoWorld Discussions