[PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 8: The Art Process!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 8: The Art Process!

Postby Viking Trevor » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Hey YoFans!

Click here to listen to Episode 8!
Click here for the previous episode!

Feature/Art Updates!
There's lots of stuff happening in both the feature and art continents of YoWorld! When it comes to features, our Developer Vikings have battened down the hatches and are working ever-so-diligently on updates to the Auction House, as well as a few other upcoming things we can't quite talk about just yet! On the art side of things, our team is working at getting your feedback well in advance, and looking for your suggestions! Check out this thread to see where your suggestions can go!

Postcard Handhelds!
Christmas cards aplenty! Thanks to all of you who have sent in Christmas and/or postcards; we always look forward to reading them, and adding them to the oh-so-fancy wall of ours. Next episode will have another draw for a Postcard Handheld item in YoWorld, so to add your postcard into the draw, make sure to send them to the address below (we'll also send you a bit of YoCash for the trouble!)
    300-285 King St.
    London, Ontario, Canada
    N6B 3M6

What's in This Episode?
Topic of the Week: The Art Process!
From our team to your apartment, Jess and I discuss the ins and the outs of the art process, and how you fit in! We chat about some changes our team has made as to how your feedback is identified and implemented, and dive in to more detail about the challenges of creating decor items versus clothing items. Listen in, because this one is information rich, and answers lots of questions we see from you guys pretty frequently!

As with anything in YoWorld, we are always on the lookout for your feedback. If you have any comments, concerns, queries, conundrums, congratulations or anything else alliterative, please make sure to let us know below.

Your Assignments This Week
• Do you have any more in-depth questions about the art process? Any questions for our artists? Please feel free to ask!
• Is there anything you'd love us to dig into for the next episode? If we pick your suggested topic from this thread, you'll get 50 YoCash for a small spending spree!

Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Re: [PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 8: The Art Process!

Postby ZennA (155143675) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Headphones on!
Formerly Gleek
ZennA (155143675)
YoWorld Level: 215
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2010

Forum Posts: 7399
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Chase (109598274) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Going to listen, hopefully you will address the linking of Avenues problem. You guys only sell avenues, why is there a continuing problem linking them? :eh:

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 945
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Viking Trevor » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:27 pm

Chase (109598274) wrote:Going to listen, hopefully you will address the linking of Avenues problem. You guys only sell avenues, why is there a continuing problem linking them? :eh:

Not in this one, unfortunately. These types of issues tend to come up when quite a number of connections are present. If you haven't yet, try sending in a support ticket to see if there's a way one of our Happiness Engineers can investigate a little further.
Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Postby x Milky x (6094472) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:31 pm

I listened to it twice, and I cannot figure out if I heard that right. Will the giving tree be giving a mixture of vday & mardi gras items?
The most awesome Vikings > All of them

I miss the olden YO days when people used to come and say hi, how are you? not hi, do you have?

x Milky x (6094472)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 5472

Postby Chase (109598274) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:38 pm

Viking Trevor wrote:
Chase (109598274) wrote:Going to listen, hopefully you will address the linking of Avenues problem. You guys only sell avenues, why is there a continuing problem linking them? :eh:

Not in this one, unfortunately. These types of issues tend to come up when quite a number of connections are present. If you haven't yet, try sending in a support ticket to see if there's a way one of our Happiness Engineers can investigate a little further.

Will do and thanks.

Chase (109598274)
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 22, 2009

Forum Posts: 945

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Listening Party in Making Friends NOW!!

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 13788
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby x Milky x (6094472) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:04 pm

This is one of the better podcasts- I really enjoyed it. Thanks Trevor for coming and answering our questions!!! Jess, I hope we can see you next time. TC!!!
The most awesome Vikings > All of them

I miss the olden YO days when people used to come and say hi, how are you? not hi, do you have?

x Milky x (6094472)
YoWorld Level: 350
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 09, 2008

Forum Posts: 5472

Postby ZennA (155143675) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:07 pm

I have a question regarding how most wearables are being designed,
Why do the artists prefer to use gradients for designing instead of layering?
Is it a matter of preference? Is it because it's quicker?
I would really love an answer to this,
Lots of items just seem a bit rushed or "lazy" looking imo when designed using gradients and nothing but gradients.
One example for that is the new firey chicken yober *not sure about the name, it just doesn't have that good quality feel to it like we used to get, same with a lot of other items.
A couple of examples to items which weren't designed completely with gradients would be PinkSnowDrop's Christmas shopper and hoodie, these items had an amazing quality! Kudos to Pink and the BVG designers that recreated them!
I really hope more wearables are designed like that for future themes.
Thank you.
Also, i'd love if you guys could talk in detail about the possibility of having a system to get player designs in-game on a regular basis and if that could technically work?
Formerly Gleek
ZennA (155143675)
YoWorld Level: 215
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 31, 2010

Forum Posts: 7399

Postby Kat (106520804) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:18 pm

This was one of the better podcasts and certainly answered a lot of questions about why we see less decor than wearables. Also about the sizes of houses. So thanks for that. It's good to know that we might get bigger homes this year.

I'd love to have a podcast that goes into some of the issues and feedback folks post on the forum, also more on the vip program and mobile app and what changes might be coming in the near future for them. Such as will we get a store for vip and new levels in the mobile app.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 751

Postby Ziva (176116962) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:34 am

Thanks Vikings! :heart:
Lost Interest

Ziva (176116962)
YoWorld Level: 308
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 24, 2011

Forum Posts: 2175
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Jewel (128908661) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:10 pm

Didn't see this one, I made 3 events, had some visitors but no Viking.
ImageImage
Jewel (128908661)
YoWorld Level: 245
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 15, 2009

Forum Posts: 449
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby I Roman I (186512575) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:15 pm

Feature/Art Updates!
There's lots of stuff happening in both the feature and art continents of YoWorld! When it comes to features, our Developer Vikings have battened down the hatches and are working ever-so-diligently on updates to the Auction House, as well as a few other upcoming things we can't quite talk about just yet! On the art side of things, our team is working at getting your feedback well in advance, and looking for your suggestions! Check out this thread to see where your suggestions can go!
I Roman I (186512575)
YoWorld Level: 51
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 07, 2016

Forum Posts: 8
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby AmericanScytheCoB13 (184811223) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Terrific podcast. Thank you Jess & Trevor for visiting my listening event and checking out my Egypt place.

AmericanScytheCoB13 (184811223)
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 117
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:16 pm

LOL one of my kitty's names was also creampuffs. Nice pod.. good to hear about the artistic process.. it's interesting... :bye:

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg

fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Level: 282
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 98
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby April (125585474) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:28 am

V day theme VERY disappointed to hear a major theme to get a shorter time in the spot light.Chinese new year should be a mini theme.I gave a lot of detail for ideas for the Egypt theme sad to see none of my suggestions I put a lot of thought into were not used.

Art question how many ppl are are the design team? What education was necessary to become a member of the viking team?
Why are items decos blurry?

suggestion topic Vip- Vip only store are we going to get it?Will there be timers on items? Could we possibly get our own building on the map?Coin hairs? What can we expect in the future for monthly paying customer?ty

April (125585474)
YoWorld Level: 261
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 529

Postby PinkSnowDrop (115645703) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:33 pm

@April, I think that the theme length was based on that questionnaire we had. I love vday and used to only come to yoville when vday was here haha - but maybe others find it boring? Who knows!

That was a great listen :D

I have a suggestion/question topic for next week, when do you think the next design contest will be? Like the summer or something? I can't remember what happened last year, haha!

Also, will VIP Premium be getting any more perks? :)
Image Image
"Que será, será....Whatever will be, will be" ♛

PinkSnowDrop (115645703)
YoWorld Level: 250
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 15006
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Fermitthekrog YED (1195434) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:29 pm

One comment I found interesting when developing decor is how items are placed in a room to see how the fit to make up a complete room. The thing with this is unless you are an avid decorator what makes a complete room to one person does not necessarily constitute a complete room to someone else. Whilst one person may be content with a few staple items placed in a room nicely someone with a lot of decorating flare may want to max the room with decor items. It would be great if you tested using decorators to see how items layer, how to look together, to establish the cost of a 'fully decorated room' and so on.

This would help immensely when trying to work out how many items are needed to complete themes

Fermitthekrog YED (1195434)
YoWorld Level: 303
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 14, 2008

Forum Posts: 6203

Postby BEAN (121485446) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:14 am

I would love a topic about our inventory and a better way to find items. It is so hard when you need say 20 of an item you have in storage that is no longer in the store to send one by one back to inventory :grr :grr :grr so annoying. I just wish it could at least state which home the item is in next to it. I also found the free cat we got after the survey for Egypt to be very cartoonist. I would prefer more realistic items to go in the rooms we make. I really hope a good artist is found by BVG that can do items in a more dimensional way so that we can rotate an item 360 degrees. I find that at times the item needs to be turned and we can only turn them left or right,I know you have touched on this subject a few times,I am just hoping someone walks in and they are the artist who can do this.
Suggestion:
Most importantly I really would love a solution to finding our items in our inventory. I do recall once you stated you were making closets? Is this plan still some where in the making? :eh: :eh: :eh:
Believe You Can And You Will!

BEAN (121485446)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 13, 2009

Forum Posts: 5222

Postby Kat (106520804) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Fermithekrog YED (1195434) wrote:One comment I found interesting when developing decor is how items are placed in a room to see how the fit to make up a complete room. The thing with this is unless you are an avid decorator what makes a complete room to one person does not necessarily constitute a complete room to someone else. Whilst one person may be content with a few staple items placed in a room nicely someone with a lot of decorating flare may want to max the room with decor items. It would be great if you tested using decorators to see how items layer, how to look together, to establish the cost of a 'fully decorated room' and so on.

This would help immensely when trying to work out how many items are needed to complete themes

Very good points. I know that I really miss all the detail items we used to get and the crisp clear lines and graphics even of the free items. When I do a kitchen for instance I want the toasters, and coffee makers, little knife racks, etc. like we used to have. The little details that made it a home instead of just throwing stuff together in a room. I also miss how things fit in the room and on the counters and tables without the layering issues and again the crisp clear lines so that those items didn't disappear when placed, not just behind items but also blending into the background because they aren't sharp graphics. Also the scale is just so off now. Stuff is either so tiny you can't see it or it's so large it doesn't fit. So asking decorators to try out a room would be a good idea.

Kat (106520804)
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 15, 2016

Forum Posts: 751

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions