[PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 7: 2016 Wrap-up!

General discussion about YoWorld. NOW INCLUDING feedback and suggestions!

[PODCAST] The YoWorld Update Episode 7: 2016 Wrap-up!

Postby Viking Trevor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:58 pm

Hey YoFans!

Click here to listen to Episode 7!
Click here for the previous episode!

What's in This Episode?
Topic of the Week: 2016!
It's a podwards backcast (ew, that still sounds gross), where Jess and I round up our (and other Vikings') favorite features, themes, and items from the last year! Can you believe there were over 35 total themes in the last 12 months? Insane! We get sappy, giggly, and even tell a few 'never-heard-before' stories behind some specific items in YoWorld. Come sit back and reflect on 2016 with us!

Feature/Art Updates!
After diving into our updates from 2016, we go over some of the changes and features that are making their way down the pipeline, and (yet again) drop a few details about upcoming features and art updates that you won't find on the Forums yet!

Postcard Handhelds!
After dangerously fishing through a thumbtack-laden bag of all the postcards we've received to date, we want to give BIG shoutouts to CassidyCakes and Smitten Kitten for being our handheld postcard winners for this week! Both of you have received a YoWorld Update Exclusive Postcard Handheld item to be carried around with pride!

For your chance to be a winner, send us a postcard and say hi! We've got a bunch still from the Holidays to read off on the next episode - so get pumped! If you're looking for the mailing address, look no further!
    300-285 King St.
    London, Ontario, Canada
    N6B 3M6

As with anything in YoWorld, we are always on the lookout for your feedback. If you have any comments, concerns, queries, conundrums, congratulations or anything else alliterative, please make sure to let us know below.

Your Assignments This Week
• What were YOUR favorite themes and items from 2016?
• Is there anything you'd love us to dig into for the next episode? If we pick your suggested topic from this thread, you'll get 50 YoCash for a small spending spree!
Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Re: The YoWorld Update Episode 7: 2016 Wrap-up!

Postby ReD (185644864) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:07 pm

Headphones on :thumbsup:
VISIT ME https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?autologin=1&d=APLiving-185644864&sk&fb_ref=Default#sk#[/size]
ReD (185644864)
YoWorld Level: 231
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 05, 2014

Forum Posts: 1289
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Viking Trevor » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 pm

l IcE l (185644864) wrote:Headphones on :thumbsup:

Viking Trevor
YoWorld Level: 274

Forum Posts: 1257
Forum Title: YoWorld Team
Location: Check out them Twitters: https://twitter.com/viking_trevor

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:10 pm

OOOH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! TY TY TY!! :D :D :D :D :D

:love: :hug:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 302
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 13538
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby lolo (150794464) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:42 pm

I think a Tarzan theme or Deadpool would be super fun, I know deadpool has never been done because it is fairly new but I can't remember ever having a Tarzan theme? Just a thought? Have a great day everyone!! ...... How about a "Dr Who" theme? Your creativity can go wild because Dr Who teleport's you could send him to as many places and what ever place's you can imagine? Just a thought!
Last edited by lolo (150794464) on Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

lolo (150794464)
YoWorld Level: 269
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 23, 2010

Forum Posts: 2466
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby ReD (185644864) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 pm

lolo (150794464) wrote:I think a Tarzan theme or Deadpool would be super fun, I know deadpool has never been done because it is fairly new but I can't remember ever having a Tarzan theme? Just a thought? Have a great day everyone!!

Instead of just a focus on one superhero it would better if a Superhero theme was made, gives the Vikings a lot more creativity
VISIT ME https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/?autologin=1&d=APLiving-185644864&sk&fb_ref=Default#sk#[/size]
ReD (185644864)

Postby ReD (185644864) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 pm

Great podcast Vikings! Glad to know the lag is getting looked into. Looking forward to the next one
ReD (185644864)

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:05 pm

Congratulations on a great 2016 :trophy: it was a super year for me in game. My favourite themes include
Parisian theme, Celtic fantasy, the babbling brooks were amazing,loved the windows, great items in all. I loved April Fools crayon theme,it was different and creative, very well done, St Patrick's Day the Ireland paintings, especially Blarney Castle, I just love it as I have had some great days out there. My absolute favourite was Halloween, I've never bought or decorated or spent so much in all my almost 4 years in game, loved it all every friggin bit of it, except the mutated animals, super congrats. The highlight of my Yo year was becoming a Yo employee, I love my new job at the apartments. I hope 2017 is a super year for us all. Keep up the great work. :drink:
Congratulation to CassidyCakes and Smitten Kitten well done to you both. :hug:

Koats (185046372)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: May 18, 2013

Forum Posts: 2490
Location: ' Keep your head when all about you are losing theirs'

Postby Lori (131347843) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:18 pm

I'll give the new podcast a listen. For an upcoming episode, I would like to know if we can expect any large, many roomed homes in the future. I know a lot of people here on the forum, have expressed that they would like to see that again. I think the last big one we had was Paris, in the Spring and then since we have had either smaller homes (2 or 3 rooms) and/or avenues this year.

Also, how difficult would it be to make the existing FS (full screen) homes into regular style? There are so many beautiful ones but a lot of people don't like decorating them as items lose so much detail or can barely be seen. I know some parts of each room would be lost if the rooms were expanded (like they are when you go into full screen) but I think you might sell more if they could be offered in both FS and regular style.

I would love to buy and decorate the beautiful Canadian holiday and Tofino homes (they both feature areas right near where I live!) but I haven't as they are only FS. I also would love to buy one or both of the two stunningly gorgeous, ornate Egyptian homes now that we have an Egyptian theme, but again they are FS.

I guess I also want to know, as it goes along with having bigger homes, if we can expect larger themes or if smaller ones are the way of the future. I see you mentioned there were 35 themes this past year! I would much prefer to have 12 or so larger, well thought out themes with lots of furniture and a big house for each, than a bunch of smaller releases with avenues.

Thank you!
Lori (131347843)
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 1536
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Koats (185046372) wrote:Congratulations on a great 2016 :trophy: it was a super year for me in game. My favourite themes include
Parisian theme, Celtic fantasy, the babbling brooks were amazing,loved the windows, great items in all. I loved April Fools crayon theme,it was different and creative, very well done, St Patrick's Day the Ireland paintings, especially Blarney Castle, I just love it as I have had some great days out there. My absolute favourite was Halloween, I've never bought or decorated or spent so much in all my almost 4 years in game, loved it all every friggin bit of it, except the mutated animals, super congrats. The highlight of my Yo year was becoming a Yo employee, I love my new job at the apartments. I hope 2017 is a super year for us all. Keep up the great work. :drink:

Thank you, Koats!! I appreciate it! :heart:

Agree with all you said..2016 was amazing! My favorite themes were also Celtic Fantasy and Parisian..also loved the whimsy of April Fools Day and Honey I Shrunk the Yo. So cute!! Being a Vikings Tv Show lover, I adored the rustic Viking theme too..and Christmas Cabin..and YoVersity. Wow...Just too many good themes to choose from! :drool:

Cheers to a great year..and onwards to 2017!! :drink: :drink:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 13538
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:56 pm

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:
Koats (185046372) wrote:Congratulations on a great 2016 :trophy: it was a super year for me in game. My favourite themes include

Thank you, Koats!! I appreciate it! :heart:

Agree with all you said..2016 was amazing! My favorite themes were also Celtic Fantasy and Parisian..also loved the whimsy of April Fools Day and Honey I Shrunk the Yo. So cute!! Being a Vikings Tv Show lover, I adored the rustic Viking theme too..and Christmas Cabin..and YoVersity. Wow...Just too many good themes to choose from! :drool:

Cheers to a great year..and onwards to 2017!! :drink: :drink:

yw, the Viking theme was v good, and of course Christmas, omg how could I forget Christmas lol, spent an arm, leg and kidney lmao. Happy 2017 :drink: :hug:

Koats (185046372)

Postby Kelly (118630487) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 pm

How many suggestions for a new theme may we post? I have tons like Rockabilly, American Colonial, Surrealism, Baroque - Marie Antoinette style, Futuristic City, Apocalypse ... to name a few.
Kelly (118630487)
YoWorld Level: 116
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 31, 2009

Forum Posts: 2
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Postby Koats (185046372) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Kelly (118630487) wrote:How many suggestions for a new theme may we post? I have tons like Rockabilly, American Colonial, Surrealism, Baroque - Marie Antoinette style, Futuristic City, Apocalypse ... to name a few.

I have to admit I had to google a couple of these, :haha: I'm thick ik :haha: Surrealism looks fascinating. Welcome to forums :drink:

Koats (185046372)

Postby DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:21 pm

So many good themes. I think my favorites have to be YoUniversity and the Christmas Cabin. The outhouse is hilarious and is now my favorite item. I also enjoy the themes where you invent a character worthy of a story like Mary and the princess. We have not had an ongoing story about a guy yet, that would be fun. Maybe an undercover agent who could travel the world in search of villains.

Congrats Smitten, I look forward to seeing you with that postcard. :)
Last edited by DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275) on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

DivCdrAmma YFD (127531275)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 796
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby XFLisa (102303317) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Congrats Smitten! I know you really wanted one of those postcards.

2016 was a great year. I am really looking forward to new features and themes. YoWorld Mobile was one of my favorite features this year.

XFLisa (102303317)
YoWorld Level: 329
YoWorld Start Date: May 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 1172

Postby Persnickety (131157247) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Kelly (118630487) wrote:How many suggestions for a new theme may we post? I have tons like Rockabilly, American Colonial, Surrealism, Baroque - Marie Antoinette style, Futuristic City, Apocalypse ... to name a few.

THIS!!! So much this!!! Rockabilly and Marie Antoinette would probably bankrupt me but I'm down for it. :D

So this may not be something for everyone, but I would love..... LOVE... a Golden Girls theme. Maybe a mini one at least. The hairs, the clothes, the old school Florida house and decor.... and a cheesecake. Pretty please?

I think it would be neat if you revisited the 50's theme. Not releasing the same items, but like your designers take on the 50's.

I also would like a Dutch theme. Or like a theme with a different European location per week or something.

Persnickety (131157247)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2009

Forum Posts: 720
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby fbyosallplay (4152024) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:16 am

There were definitely a lot of different themes... they all had good items in them.. .. fave themes xmas and Halloween.. and ... easter.. I guess but they were all awesome.... Interesting to learn about the inspiration behind the different items and how the ideas burgeon.. Thanks for sharing the stories about the Vikings and being enthusiastic about Yoworld..

so if i installed windows 10 half way does that
mean i am running on w 9.5 :)

gifts> <3
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... ng-4152024
>https://youtu.be/DAFQFaVB1dg

fbyosallplay (4152024)
YoWorld Level: 281
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 26, 2008

Forum Posts: 97
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Laudy Daudy (11141460) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:44 am

I love the Rockabilly, American Colonial and Marie-Baroque ideas:) Happy blessed day :balloon:
https://apps.facebook.com/playyoworld/i ... s_sunset=1
TYSM MRS love my siggy:)
Happy blessed day all!
Laudy Daudy (11141460)
YoWorld Level: 258
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 17408
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Adeline PINK (113719515) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:28 am

Lori (131347843) wrote:I'll give the new podcast a listen. For an upcoming episode, I would like to know if we can expect any large, many roomed homes in the future. I know a lot of people here on the forum, have expressed that they would like to see that again. I think the last big one we had was Paris, in the Spring and then since we have had either smaller homes (2 or 3 rooms) and/or avenues this year.

Also, how difficult would it be to make the existing FS (full screen) homes into regular style? There are so many beautiful ones but a lot of people don't like decorating them as items lose so much detail or can barely be seen. I know some parts of each room would be lost if the rooms were expanded (like they are when you go into full screen) but I think you might sell more if they could be offered in both FS and regular style.

I would love to buy and decorate the beautiful Canadian holiday and Tofino homes (they both feature areas right near where I live!) but I haven't as they are only FS. I also would love to buy one or both of the two stunningly gorgeous, ornate Egyptian homes now that we have an Egyptian theme, but again they are FS.

I guess I also want to know, as it goes along with having bigger homes, if we can expect larger themes or if smaller ones are the way of the future. I see you mentioned there were 35 themes this past year! I would much prefer to have 12 or so larger, well thought out themes with lots of furniture and a big house for each, than a bunch of smaller releases with avenues.

Thank you!

I support this idea completely but I believe I asked about a redo on the f/s homes a few years ago and was told it was impossible for a couple reasons: one being that they were designed and executed by another company. I do not remember the second reason. I am in love with the original Viking property.

Adeline PINK (113719515)
YoWorld Level: 351
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 12, 2009

Forum Posts: 6775
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Moloch (153939982) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:01 am

Smitten Kitten (136864592) wrote:OOOH YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! TY TY TY!! :D :D :D :D :D

:love: :hug:

You look like a munchkin mummy... Not very scary but hella cute. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Justice Before Mercy.

Moloch (153939982)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 20, 2010

Forum Posts: 4013
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Next

Return to YoWorld Discussions