So much fun! I'm addicted now!

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

So much fun! I'm addicted now!

Postby Kathy (103382357) » Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:14 pm

So, I had never bought or bid on anything at the auction, because when I looked at the stuff what I wanted was wwaaayyyy to expensive and I hadn't ever tried to sell anything...didn't know how, so I asked here and got help:)
Anyway, I am selling items with low starting bids and bidding on others' items with low starting bids and having so much fun!
It's addicting...lol....BUT, I do want to say that items with starting bids of 10,000,000 are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, and I have noticed that those items in the auction don't get many bids....so, why would anyone pay for premium selling ( its 3 yo bucks for each premium item listed), and then price your items so high that nobody can touch it??
Just curious, but I am going to keep having fun bidding on the lower priced items, and selling stuff with reasonable starting bids:):)

Kathy (103382357)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 41
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: So much fun! I'm addicted now!

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:37 pm

Aww Katerina its so nice to read that you are having fun. The auction house can be very addiction. You will soon learn how to sniper a bid to ensure you get that item you have been eyeing up, but be prepared to lose some bids - there are pro snipers out there in the game :haha:
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤImage

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 353
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 13880
Forum Title: Moderator

Postby Kathy (103382357) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:48 pm

Yeah, figuring it all out...I am amazed that people list a rare hair with a starting bid of 500,000,000 , or 250,000,000...and pay for a premium listing! I guess if they get one sucker to bid on one of those items it is worth it to them but I am noticing that usually they have no bids, because who can touch that!

Kathy (103382357)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 41
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby Pope Pokey (126579776) » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:55 pm

Howdy Miss Kat. The AH is often used to market prices to buyers in order to condition them to expect to pay more for things. When you see a ridiculously high asking value, those are often attempts to reset expectations higher. Often I will see 2 or 3 items with high asking values trailed by one other with a buyout set at half of those ridiculous values. But the issue is that the buyout is usually way more than what the item normally sells for anyway. It's trickery and obviously some players take the bait - or else these players wouldn't try.

But never fear. The only thing that truly matters is whatever a player is happy with. Some players would rather have an over priced item than do without. So they will overpay to satisfy that want - which makes them happy (I hope!). And I will also overpay at times for items with personal meaning to me, so please don't think I'm immune to it. I just recognize it for what it is and accept it. And in the end, I'm happy too - which is all anyone should be playing this dumb game for.

:haha: :)

Gandalf would defeat Dumbledore and it's not even a contest........
Pope Pokey (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 441
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 52572
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Return to General Discussions