Courtesy to others-real people behind the cute avatars

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Courtesy to others-real people behind the cute avatars

Postby MonaLisa (629142) » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:41 pm

Last week, I went to visit my Yoworld neighbors that were "online". I tend to get into decorating often, but I also like to be sociable and check on others, especially more so than ever with all that is going on in the world. I walked in very politely (as politely as a little avatar can..haha) to a Yoworld friends house, and politely said "hello.. and How are you", to this person and their friend. "I'm just out being more sociable.. hehe". The friend kicked me out of the room and took me off their friends list faster than I could have said my name..lol...and after having been Yoworld friends for many many years. I know there are far worse things in this world..far worse... but, my point for writing this is to say that I hope people will be more courteous to one another in the Yoworld game & other games you may play as well. There are real people behind that cute little tiny avatar that you see on your computer monitor. I know sometimes we may not realize our "online" status is on... but if people come to visit it's almost always 100% because they see you are online. So.. just a little reminder, to be kind to those little avatars..hehe.. real people behind the screens and on those keyboards out there. A kind reply could have been we are busy tonight.. maybe see you another time... ect. All nice people will be understanding! ;) Yoworld gives us several options, You can go offline, toggle busy or away status too when you are busy on Yoworld or even lock your home. Remember, lot of times when you have to do a refresh, your offline status may automatically default to online. Truthfully.. I was very sad that night, but.. I know we don't know people's why's.. and what's they may be going through too. Perhaps was just bad timing on my part to visit them. But.. try to be kind to others! We all have our own life battles..and courtesy & kindness is always the right choice over hurting others. :) You never know how much a little bit of kindness & courtesy..might have meant to that person! :heart:

MonaLisa (629142)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 20, 2008

Forum Posts: 27
Forum Title: YoNovice

Re: Courtesy to others-real people behind the cute avatars

Postby Momo05 (187032505) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:56 am

:heart:
Momo05 (187032505)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 28, 2016

Forum Posts: 3419
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Momo05 (187032505) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:56 am

:heart:
Momo05 (187032505)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 28, 2016

Forum Posts: 3419
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby Robyn VIP (8132649) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:21 am

I'm so sorry that happened, this use to be a great game to meet people and socialize. I don't think you will miss 'friends' like that. :hug:
Robyn VIP (8132649)
YoWorld Level: 279
YoWorld Start Date: Jan 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 5833
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Cracked (126579776) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 am

Hey Miss Lisa I'm super sorry you had a bad buddy. It can be awkward at times in Yo, but that doesn't excuse rudeness. Unfortunately we can't always identify the rude ones at first glance. But the game is full of super nice Yos. I hope you find some more of them.

:)

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude - Karl Popper
Cracked (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 47234
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 am

MonaLisa (629142) wrote:Last week, I went to visit my Yoworld neighbors that were "online". I tend to get into decorating often, but I also like to be sociable and check on others, especially more so than ever with all that is going on in the world. I walked in very politely (as politely as a little avatar can..haha) to a Yoworld friends house, and politely said "hello.. and How are you", to this person and their friend. "I'm just out being more sociable.. hehe". The friend kicked me out of the room and took me off their friends list faster than I could have said my name..lol...and after having been Yoworld friends for many many years. I know there are far worse things in this world..far worse... but, my point for writing this is to say that I hope people will be more courteous to one another in the Yoworld game & other games you may play as well. There are real people behind that cute little tiny avatar that you see on your computer monitor. I know sometimes we may not realize our "online" status is on... but if people come to visit it's almost always 100% because they see you are online. So.. just a little reminder, to be kind to those little avatars..hehe.. real people behind the screens and on those keyboards out there. A kind reply could have been we are busy tonight.. maybe see you another time... ect. All nice people will be understanding! ;) Yoworld gives us several options, You can go offline, toggle busy or away status too when you are busy on Yoworld or even lock your home. Remember, lot of times when you have to do a refresh, your offline status may automatically default to online. Truthfully.. I was very sad that night, but.. I know we don't know people's why's.. and what's they may be going through too. Perhaps was just bad timing on my part to visit them. But.. try to be kind to others! We all have our own life battles..and courtesy & kindness is always the right choice over hurting others. :) You never know how much a little bit of kindness & courtesy..might have meant to that person! :heart:

Sorry you experienced that. I agree players should realize there are real people behind the avatars, but unfortunately there are some really uncaring people. Anyway try not to let it get to you, you seem like a lovely person and nice to meet you... :hug:

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 287
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 2483
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:36 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:Hey Miss Lisa I'm super sorry you had a bad buddy. It can be awkward at times in Yo, but that doesn't excuse rudeness. Unfortunately we can't always identify the rude ones at first glance. But the game is full of super nice Yos. I hope you find some more of them.

:)

Yes there are many rude uncaring people I agree with the bold, and these people should realize the hurt they can cause!

Postby sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:50 am

Sorry you had that experience. :hug: It sounds like you did not lose much though in them removing you. It would not be a buddy I would want to keep. :)
sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062)
YoWorld Level: 346
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 12922
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Isla (2518852) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:48 am

sNaPCaCkLeNPooP (12927062) wrote:Sorry you had that experience. :hug: It sounds like you did not lose much though in them removing you. It would not be a buddy I would want to keep. :)

This. :thumbsup: Socialization is one of the fundamental elements to this game. If this 'buddy' didn't want that, they weren't a good one to have in the first place. It sounds more like their problem than yours!

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 2419

Postby ijOjO uK (109723058) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:54 pm

Aww that's a bad experience for sure. Sorry you had that happen to you. :( I hope your old buddy was having just a really bad day and didn't realise she had taken it out on you. We can all be guilty of doing that.

Your message however is on point. :thumbsup:

It would do us well to always remember that there is a human being behind the screen and no matter what they might type, we all have a desire to be treated nicely. Therefore we should treat others like we would want to be treated.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ Image

...................."The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. ...........................................The first to forget is the happiest.~ Unknown

ijOjO uK (109723058)
YoWorld Level: 339
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 23, 2009

Forum Posts: 11574
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:07 pm

I kinda know how you feel. I had people who i thought were friends, but after realizing what kind of people they truly are, i removed them off all my lists everywhere, and boy am i ever glad i did. Its pretty awful that people you knew for years and thought you could trust turn out to be such soulless snakes.

Your correct though, courtesy does go a loooong way....

Formerly CountryDude89
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby StephMarie (129969826) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:02 pm

I'm so sorry that happened to you. You're right, a little kindness can go a long way. Unfortunately, some people can't seem to grasp that simple concept. :heart:

StephMarie (129969826)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 19, 2009

Forum Posts: 5092
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Kio (185180932) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:09 pm

Very much agree with those above.
:rose:
Kio (185180932)
YoWorld Level: 267
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 21, 2013

Forum Posts: 14744
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby MonaLisa (629142) » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:10 pm

:heart: :heart: :heart: thank you ALL so much!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Your kind responses are so heart felt and means so much to me!
I was worried to come back and read the thread, that I might get mean comments hehe.
We all see these days, even senseless & mean comments happen to famous people online. It's wonderful to know
there are such nice & kind people in this world! On the bright side, that one empty space may have opened up for a very
special friend! :D

MonaLisa (629142)
YoWorld Level: 360
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 20, 2008

Forum Posts: 27
Forum Title: YoNovice

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:17 am

MonaLisa (629142) wrote::heart: :heart: :heart: thank you ALL so much!! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Your kind responses are so heart felt and means so much to me!
I was worried to come back and read the thread, that I might get mean comments hehe.
We all see these days, even senseless & mean comments happen to famous people online. It's wonderful to know
there are such nice & kind people in this world! On the bright side, that one empty space may have opened up for a very
special friend!
:D

Always search for the person worthy of having your friendship... HUGS :rose:

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:11 am

That blows. I am sorry you had to experience that. Personally I often multitask when I have Yoworld open, and may be active on another tab or in another browser(window) and therefore miss when someone enters my room. Or be in Auction House selling items. Due to the large size of my cluttered inventory it takes me about 5 minutes to even load the inventory, and then about 5 minutes off freezing each after placing an item. So even with me staring at my Yo window may miss visitors due to the Auction House window blocking their avatar or my frozen game state making it impossible to reply.
So the worst one may get from me may be silence. Would not kick a friend out of my room.
I only kick rude visitors when I host an event, and even then I am patient for a moment before I get to that point.
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 500
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009

Forum Posts: 43654
Forum Title: YoManiac

Return to General Discussions