Hobbies.

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Isla (2518852) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:28 am

I don't know anyone who has the skill or trade to blow glass but my brother can weld a little. Slightly different type of art and material I guess.

There are some obvious ones: Yo, Cavalier Spaniels, cooking and eating food.

Then less obvious ones: Travel, Pilates, books, walking and hiking, all sorts of movies and music, driving outside of a city and finding places off the beaten path. The beach, the mountains. Animals. Growing flowers and lavender.

For the most part my hobbies are pretty in line with other people's. I don't always like shopping though. Spending money makes me anxious. I only really enjoy a regular girl's shopping trip 2-3x a year, if that.

Always, I can totally see you being good at upcycling art.
Image


Image
User avatar

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 2419
Forum Title: YoAdmirer
Location: Nashville

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Dana (129173078) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:50 am

Exploring. I love hiking, traveling, backpacking, museums, temples, castles, etc. I feel happiest when I’m by myself in a new place and free to explore it however I want.

A more simple one is just long walks. I just like walking around, seeing new sights and sounds. and meeting new people. Its my favorite way to escape the stress in my everyday life. I take long walks pretty often when I have the time.
User avatar
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13937
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Born in the USA

Re: Hobbies.

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Dana (129173078) wrote:Exploring. I love hiking, traveling, backpacking, museums, temples, castles, etc. I feel happiest when I’m by myself in a new place and free to explore it however I want.

A more simple one is just long walks. I just like walking around, seeing new sights and sounds. and meeting new people. Its my favorite way to escape the stress in my everyday life. I take long walks pretty often when I have the time.


Do you like exporing abandoned areas? i do!


was asking, because i see you like museums, temples and stuff like i do :D
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Cookie Monster (4327680) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:Swimming. Water makes me happy in any form. Just sitting by the water calms me down and makes even the worst kind of day better.
Swimming is the only sports I don't consider torture and that's actually fun for me. I love being in water and feeling water on my skin.

This is 100% me. Luckily, we have a lake house and a beach house (and boat) in the families, so I get to indulge a lot.

It's a comedy, but you may enjoy the Hulu series "Only Murders in the Building".
Buy / Sell / Trade / More Wishes are at: Christine's Corner
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)
Please share your wishes! I like to only gift what I know people want.
User avatar

Cookie Monster (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 6372
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Northeastern US

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Denna (10205906) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:12 am

I used to have many hobbies...
Reading books, singing, collecting clowns and jesters dolls, collecting postcards, making jewelry,

I write poetry, I love working in my garden and riding my bike...

But my biggest hobby is playing with my grandchildren and teach them to write and read, right now. :heart:
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16946
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Dana (129173078) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:42 am

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:Exploring. I love hiking, traveling, backpacking, museums, temples, castles, etc. I feel happiest when I’m by myself in a new place and free to explore it however I want.

A more simple one is just long walks. I just like walking around, seeing new sights and sounds. and meeting new people. Its my favorite way to escape the stress in my everyday life. I take long walks pretty often when I have the time.


Do you like exporing abandoned areas? i do!


was asking, because i see you like museums, temples and stuff like i do :D


No I haven’t been to any abandoned areas. Those types of place don’t interest me. I like historical places or places I can hike for a great view. I live in MI and we have some terrific hiking spots here.
User avatar
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13937
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Born in the USA

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Dana (129173078) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:44 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:I used to have many hobbies...
Reading books, singing, collecting clowns and jesters dolls, collecting postcards, making jewelry,

I write poetry, I love working in my garden and riding my bike...

But my biggest hobby is playing with my grandchildren and teach them to write and read, right now. :heart:


I would love to see your collections Denna!
User avatar
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13937
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Born in the USA

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Denna (10205906) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:34 am

Dana (129173078) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:I used to have many hobbies...
Reading books, singing, collecting clowns and jesters dolls, collecting postcards, making jewelry,

I write poetry, I love working in my garden and riding my bike...

But my biggest hobby is playing with my grandchildren and teach them to write and read, right now. :heart:


I would love to see your collections Denna!


My collections are all in boxes at loft... Cards sorted: Postcards from several places in the world, Christmas cards and Birthday and other cards. Jesters and clowns are in some other box. One day, when I am not lazy, I may go get them and make some pictures...There are a lot of memories there...
Few months ago, I found all my notebooks with poetry and I am planning to read them back, now cold days are coming. :)
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16946
Forum Title: YoFiend

Previous

Return to General Discussions