Hobbies.

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Hobbies.

Postby Isla (2518852) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:28 am

I don't know anyone who has the skill or trade to blow glass but my brother can weld a little. Slightly different type of art and material I guess.

There are some obvious ones: Yo, Cavalier Spaniels, cooking and eating food.

Then less obvious ones: Travel, Pilates, books, walking and hiking, all sorts of movies and music, driving outside of a city and finding places off the beaten path. The beach, the mountains. Animals. Growing flowers and lavender.

For the most part my hobbies are pretty in line with other people's. I don't always like shopping though. Spending money makes me anxious. I only really enjoy a regular girl's shopping trip 2-3x a year, if that.

Always, I can totally see you being good at upcycling art.

Isla (2518852)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 07, 2008

Forum Posts: 2419
Forum Title: YoAdmirer

Postby Dana (129173078) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:50 am

Exploring. I love hiking, traveling, backpacking, museums, temples, castles, etc. I feel happiest when I’m by myself in a new place and free to explore it however I want.

A more simple one is just long walks. I just like walking around, seeing new sights and sounds. and meeting new people. Its my favorite way to escape the stress in my everyday life. I take long walks pretty often when I have the time.
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 325
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 13937
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:10 pm

Dana (129173078) wrote:Exploring. I love hiking, traveling, backpacking, museums, temples, castles, etc. I feel happiest when I’m by myself in a new place and free to explore it however I want.

A more simple one is just long walks. I just like walking around, seeing new sights and sounds. and meeting new people. Its my favorite way to escape the stress in my everyday life. I take long walks pretty often when I have the time.

Do you like exporing abandoned areas? i do!

was asking, because i see you like museums, temples and stuff like i do :D

Formerly CountryDude89
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy

Postby Cookie Monster (4327680) » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Mizz Libra (136290570) wrote:Swimming. Water makes me happy in any form. Just sitting by the water calms me down and makes even the worst kind of day better.
Swimming is the only sports I don't consider torture and that's actually fun for me. I love being in water and feeling water on my skin.

This is 100% me. Luckily, we have a lake house and a beach house (and boat) in the families, so I get to indulge a lot.

It's a comedy, but you may enjoy the Hulu series "Only Murders in the Building".
Buy / Sell / Trade / More Wishes are at: Christine's Corner
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)
Please share your wishes! I like to only gift what I know people want.

Cookie Monster (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 344
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 6372
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Denna (10205906) » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:12 am

I used to have many hobbies...
Reading books, singing, collecting clowns and jesters dolls, collecting postcards, making jewelry,

I write poetry, I love working in my garden and riding my bike...

But my biggest hobby is playing with my grandchildren and teach them to write and read, right now. :heart:
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16946
Forum Title: YoFiend

Postby Dana (129173078) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:42 am

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
Dana (129173078) wrote:Exploring. I love hiking, traveling, backpacking, museums, temples, castles, etc. I feel happiest when I’m by myself in a new place and free to explore it however I want.

Do you like exporing abandoned areas? i do!

was asking, because i see you like museums, temples and stuff like i do :D

No I haven’t been to any abandoned areas. Those types of place don’t interest me. I like historical places or places I can hike for a great view. I live in MI and we have some terrific hiking spots here.
Dana (129173078)

Postby Dana (129173078) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:44 am

Denna (10205906) wrote:I used to have many hobbies...
Reading books, singing, collecting clowns and jesters dolls, collecting postcards, making jewelry,

But my biggest hobby is playing with my grandchildren and teach them to write and read, right now. :heart:

I would love to see your collections Denna!
Dana (129173078)

Postby Denna (10205906) » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:34 am

Dana (129173078) wrote:
Denna (10205906) wrote:I used to have many hobbies...

I would love to see your collections Denna!

My collections are all in boxes at loft... Cards sorted: Postcards from several places in the world, Christmas cards and Birthday and other cards. Jesters and clowns are in some other box. One day, when I am not lazy, I may go get them and make some pictures...There are a lot of memories there...
Few months ago, I found all my notebooks with poetry and I am planning to read them back, now cold days are coming. :)
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 16946
Forum Title: YoFiend

Previous

Return to General Discussions