Page 2 of 2

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:53 pm
by Vivica (13404458)
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:Most of my dreams are nightmares of me either falling somewhere (when I was in HS I literally dreamt of me falling into hell and then instantly waking up and I was struggling with religion at the time) or someone/a huge group of people dying/getting murdered (one side of my family, literally most of them, got murdered in one dream), or just a weird nightmare (about something that is worrying me).

How do I stop this :'( scary dreams are not fun

I’m so grateful when I don’t have dreams. My weirdest/wackiest nice dreams left me early on.


My dreams used to be nightmarish, too. That was the only kind of dream I would have.

Now that I've been put on antidepressants, my dreams are less heavy. Not saying that you need to be on them, just giving my own experience. I also have had a few sleep paralysis dreams which aren't fun.

I hope you can find a remedy for your nightmares. They definitely aren't fun.

I’ve been wanting some sort of medication since I’m not going to lie I’ve been struggling lately but I’m just going to say I currently don’t trust myself. Maybe some day in the future.


:(

If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:06 pm
by Chiller (126579776)
Image

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:26 pm
by Willow (13350872)
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
Legion (126579776) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:Most of my dreams are nightmares of me either falling somewhere (when I was in HS I literally dreamt of me falling into hell and then instantly waking up and I was struggling with religion at the time) or someone/a huge group of people dying/getting murdered (one side of my family, literally most of them, got murdered in one dream), or just a weird nightmare (about something that is worrying me).

How do I stop this :'( scary dreams are not fun

I’m so grateful when I don’t have dreams. My weirdest/wackiest nice dreams left me early on.

Yikes! I read one time that reading or watching something peaceful right before bed can help with these types of dreams. But I have no clue experientially. Those would suck!

:shocked:


You’re lucky. And I never ever sleep nowadays (been 2-3 years) without having my iPad on with some comedic/entertaining videos to fall asleep through. If I were left sleeping alone without some sort of entertainment I would stay awake for hours with my anxious thoughts and have even worse nightmares

Vivica (13404458) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:Most of my dreams are nightmares of me either falling somewhere (when I was in HS I literally dreamt of me falling into hell and then instantly waking up and I was struggling with religion at the time) or someone/a huge group of people dying/getting murdered (one side of my family, literally most of them, got murdered in one dream), or just a weird nightmare (about something that is worrying me).

How do I stop this :'( scary dreams are not fun

I’m so grateful when I don’t have dreams. My weirdest/wackiest nice dreams left me early on.


My dreams used to be nightmarish, too. That was the only kind of dream I would have.

Now that I've been put on antidepressants, my dreams are less heavy. Not saying that you need to be on them, just giving my own experience. I also have had a few sleep paralysis dreams which aren't fun.

I hope you can find a remedy for your nightmares. They definitely aren't fun.

I’ve been wanting some sort of medication since I’m not going to lie I’ve been struggling lately but I’m just going to say I currently don’t trust myself. Maybe some day in the future.

Willow (13350872) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:Most of my dreams are nightmares of me either falling somewhere (when I was in HS I literally dreamt of me falling into hell and then instantly waking up and I was struggling with religion at the time) or someone/a huge group of people dying/getting murdered (one side of my family, literally most of them, got murdered in one dream), or just a weird nightmare (about something that is worrying me).

How do I stop this :'( scary dreams are not fun

I’m so grateful when I don’t have dreams. My weirdest/wackiest nice dreams left me early on.


Wow, Peach that is awful..I don't really have too many nightmares but just like Viv I do have sleep paralysis but I'm not sure you can consider those nightmares because from what I have read you're in between sleep and waking up but it can be pretty scary. I haven't had it in a long time but I used to get it quite often and sometimes it made me afraid to fall asleep, so I can just imagine how you feel having such nightmares :'( maybe as time goes on they'll go away :hug:

Edit to add, I used to get this a lot when I lived at home and before computers were a thing and I always felt like something was trying to get me like the devil :shocked: :shocked: but now I've read up a lot about them and it sounds like it can be pretty common for people to have them.

I’m not really educated on sleep paralysis so I googled and read about it. Man it sucks, I’m sorry you and Vivica went through that
I only saw snippets of what it’s like in some movies when I was younger but never really educated myself on it until now, although in the movies it did look awful


Peach like Viv said anytime you want to talk just pm me. If you ever need an ear to tell your scary dreams too and just talk it out we're both around..back when I had the sleep paralysis I never really talked about it because I was younger and didn't know what was going on with me. I just felt like something was after me but there were also times I could see everything that was going on around me but I couldn't wake up. One time I fell asleep on the couch and I saw my dad walk into the living room turn on the tv and he walked over and woke me up because I was asleep where he sat :haha: but there have also been times I could hear people talk around me but I couldn't move..I haven't had this happen in years but now it happens with Viv :wailing: :wailing: it can be pretty darn freaky :sad: anyway girl keep us in mind if you need to talk :hug: ask viv I'm good at talking :smug: :silly:

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 5:55 pm
by Xx Peach xX (143363031)
Thank you Willow and Vivica for offering to talk, so sweet of you two :heart: :hug:
I’ll keep it in mind!

And that sounds so awful! I’m sorry you went through that and that Vivica still goes through it

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 6:30 pm
by baldgagits (184496753)
I guess my scariest dream was me being r*ped by someone I couldn't see and everything felt so real, and my weirdest dream was I dreamt I was in highschool and I had braces and gum was stuck to it and everyone laughed at me, I don't wear braces :eh:

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:34 pm
by Vivica (13404458)
baldgagits (184496753) wrote:I guess my scariest dream was me being r*ped by someone I couldn't see and everything felt so real, and my weirdest dream was I dreamt I was in highschool and I had braces and gum was stuck to it and everyone laughed at me, I don't wear braces :eh:


I'm so sorry you had a dream like that. Those dreams that feel really real are the scariest. o_o

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:37 pm
by Snorty (3054329)
I used to have sleep paralysis as well. It was awful and I am glad it passed. I still look at escape routes in every home I sleep in, just so if it happens again, I can at least go through the motions in my mind. I always knew there was someone just at the edge of my sight but at the same time, I knew that if I could just move my head, or even my eyes, i could look and know that there was no one there. I dread it coming back.

As for dreams, I was really stressed before I moved to England and I worked in a factory. I kept dreaming that I drove to work and they were digging up the parking lot, looking for a body. I was so sure in the dream that I killed that person and the whole dream would be me sure i would get caught. They would go to my machine and check under mats and I was sure they were going to find a body. I used to wake up sure I killed someone. I would drive up to work, light up a smoke and wait for the cops! I knew I didnt murder anyone, I just was so affected by the dreams that the guilt lingered!

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:34 pm
by Willow (13350872)
baldgagits (184496753) wrote:I guess my scariest dream was me being r*ped by someone I couldn't see and everything felt so real, and my weirdest dream was I dreamt I was in highschool and I had braces and gum was stuck to it and everyone laughed at me, I don't wear braces :eh:


Oh no I am so sorry you had such a dream :hug:

Re: Weird, Whacky and scary dreams share if you dare

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:38 pm
by Willow (13350872)
Snorty (3054329) wrote:I used to have sleep paralysis as well. It was awful and I am glad it passed. I still look at escape routes in every home I sleep in, just so if it happens again, I can at least go through the motions in my mind. I always knew there was someone just at the edge of my sight but at the same time, I knew that if I could just move my head, or even my eyes, i could look and know that there was no one there. I dread it coming back.

As for dreams, I was really stressed before I moved to England and I worked in a factory. I kept dreaming that I drove to work and they were digging up the parking lot, looking for a body. I was so sure in the dream that I killed that person and the whole dream would be me sure i would get caught. They would go to my machine and check under mats and I was sure they were going to find a body. I used to wake up sure I killed someone. I would drive up to work, light up a smoke and wait for the cops! I knew I didnt murder anyone, I just was so affected by the dreams that the guilt lingered!


I remember now that it was you Snort who had the sleep paralysis too and I think it's passed for me too but Viv gets it now and It can be horrible..I can remember trying to wake up because I felt like something was trying to get me :wailing: :wailing:

And wow for your second dream, you must be talking about AKRO :haha: :haha: well, not sure what the name of it was when you worked there but it's now called Aurua or something like that but what a dream to have about that place :shocked: