Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby J T (4799906) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:16 am

[quote="Chris (4327680)"]Many, many posts contain things people want to escape from, whether it’s something in the game they have personal issues with, discussions of illnesses, family problems, or even just general nastiness and fighting. They are the admins’ rules so I propose that we let them enforce them as they believe the definitions apply.

I was always taught that the fight over the Gaza Strip was due to religious history that both sides lay claim to on that land?

Hey Chris..
i wasnt taught anything about this mess ive always just done my own lookings into like anything...i find the killing of anything abhorent animal or people & totally against what i feel we were all put here for..
hence why i think the quote i put up from 2 very wise & great men is very relevant here no one can actually own this land the creator gave us all to share anymore than the water surrounding us or the air we all breathe..
if its an ingame problem regardless of the topic i totally agree with you but when its something not game related i feel just as strongly & im glad the admin have set up these forums as such for that reason...
what i find unusal that this has been going on forever but only now because its thrust back in everyones face via mainstream media that people are putting up free palestine logos & such here & making awareness of it only now...i ask is that a ploy to rile people up? maybe .. maybe not... i hope not bcs that i find very sad if true & another perfect reason why there are so many other platforms to do it on...
i ask the people here who support this kind of "awareness" is it ok for u to upset people on here further about all this genocide? what do u expect to acheive by bringing this war to a cartoon game? do u honestly think it will change anything? nothing has in a thousand years but now it will on a cartoon game just because its been made into a forum post?.. (im not tryin to upset anybody although i know a few people here think very otherwise )that feels so strongly about this topic what i am tryin to say though is is it ok to further upset somebody thats here tryin to get away from all that sort of thing?..... some people here seem to think so... i however think we have enough in game probs social & tech related to discuss currently...
i feel massively about any sort of genocide it goes on everyday in all corners of the world everybody is already aware of that with main stream media you would have to be living under a rock not to know this...it would take me hours to list the plights of EVERYONE animal & humans alike unfortunately it seems its really in our nature to do this to ourselves..it happens everyday... again why bring it somewhere thats suposedly simply about fun?
i think i saw Rod say it somewhere that some people need to be reminded why they 1st started playing our great game here..
that to me was the most "well said" thing ive seen for a while so ty to you & well said ROD... & yes i agree the scene is being set for a certain someone to claim a god like status...
& to make this perfectly clear im not having a go at the OP by what i have to say here & if i was to jump on a side in this it would be the palestinians...i feel deeply for them as i do anybody affected by this... its a war of rocks & sticks versus balistic misslies & bullets we all know whos really copping the worst of it...
JT <]:O) :heart:
User avatar
J T (4799906)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 283
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Not there...............................................................................here

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed May 19, 2021 8:42 am

J T (4799906) wrote:Quote Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

:eh: I have seen it to lisa & those 2 in particular are natural disasters (something that i feel also belongs in gen discs) not people senselessly killing each other over land that belongs to no one & a century of time that belongs to everyone...
a great american native & also a great aboriginal australian man once said" no man can lay claim to any land no more than any man can lay claim to the air we all breathe" a very powerful statement considering the story of both races.... this discussion belongs in general discussions not yoworld discussions in my opinion... im sorry u feel some people think some topics are more up for discussion than others i certainly dont feel this way but how i do feel is exactly what i stated in my post above this one i dont feel religion & geopolitics belong in this funny little game im sure many disagree though...i feel we have enough :silly: fighting as it is here in game already...
whats not cool to me...
( & i do understand why the op made this post its obviously something they feel very strong & care about deeply & i have many thoughts on this war to but essentially my heart is with all concerned for no one wins war..i choose not to vent them or look for sympathy for one side or another especially here because its not my war or yoworlds for that matter)
we have FB we have instagram we have tic toc i can go on with more social media platforms where this can all be discussed & make people aware of your opinon if this is whats current for you..
its not cool to me to bring it here to try to yonipulate anybody to sway to one side or another... everybody sees whats happening we all have since the media 1st came into existence..
again why does it need to be brought here?..
.the whole show is just abhorent, sad & not cool & like i said people come here to escape that sort of thing....
picture this please.....
YOU are palestinian ..YOU are an israellite... YOU are muslim.. YOU are jewish... YOU are christian.. YOU are catholic.. YOU are hindu..YOU are buddist.. YOU are an atheist...
( i know i missed some religions im trying to keep this short as possible)
regardless of what side you are on & where u are in the world..
YOU live this war everyday of your existence either in your mind & heart or even on the frontline in gaza...but u play this funny little cartoon game called yoworld to escape this reality because thats all you have...
yet people bring it here now everyday & now u cant escape it at all it surrounds your whole world even when u want or just plain NEED a break from it so your mind can heal even just a little...
nothing said here will ever change whats happening just like no bomb or bullet will either in gaza... Do u think this is cool?
no awareness will ever change this with the exception of something happening in the mindsets of the actual people actually living & fighting it everyday...
time has proven this...
i totally understand your point Lisa though... i just feel for those who come here to try get away from it all & have some fun..

JT <]:O) :heart:


I see your side, too, and that of anyone who really is opposed to seeing this topic here because this place is supposed to be an escape. I genuinely do. I assure you that I'm not automatically assuming anyone in particular is against it being here because they don't care or because they are siding with Israel. And I'm certainly not accusing anyone of that, either. It's just that I've seen some stuff over the years, both here and on the old Zynga forums and I know this kind of stuff happens. Admittedly, I'm pretty jaded, but I know people have different reasons for their views on this. I also shouldn't have compared natural disaster topics to one like this; apples and oranges.

I absolutely respect that people come here to escape and that's why I never start topics here on current events, even in General Discussions. It almost always starts drama. But I also respect the OP's need to bring it up here. I think we all deal with stuff in different ways and I don't think she had any intention of stirring the pot or creating drama. I empathize with both points of view about whether or not this content should be discussed here.

I also wish there was far less drama here in general, and that applies to arguments about game stuff, as well. Sadly, that's the case with many, if not most, places on the internet. My boyfriend belongs to a game forum where there's practically no drama or even arguing, and they barely even have moderation. That's almost unheard of these days. I wish this place could be like that. :rose: :heart:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18293
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: undisclosed

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby J T (4799906) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:17 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
J T (4799906) wrote:Quote Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

:eh: I have seen it to lisa & those 2 in particular are natural disasters (something that i feel also belongs in gen discs) not people senselessly killing each other over land that belongs to no one & a century of time that belongs to everyone...
a great american native & also a great aboriginal australian man once said" no man can lay claim to any land no more than any man can lay claim to the air we all breathe" a very powerful statement considering the story of both races.... this discussion belongs in general discussions not yoworld discussions in my opinion... im sorry u feel some people think some topics are more up for discussion than others i certainly dont feel this way but how i do feel is exactly what i stated in my post above this one i dont feel religion & geopolitics belong in this funny little game im sure many disagree though...i feel we have enough :silly: fighting as it is here in game already...
whats not cool to me...
( & i do understand why the op made this post its obviously something they feel very strong & care about deeply & i have many thoughts on this war to but essentially my heart is with all concerned for no one wins war..i choose not to vent them or look for sympathy for one side or another especially here because its not my war or yoworlds for that matter)
we have FB we have instagram we have tic toc i can go on with more social media platforms where this can all be discussed & make people aware of your opinon if this is whats current for you..
its not cool to me to bring it here to try to yonipulate anybody to sway to one side or another... everybody sees whats happening we all have since the media 1st came into existence..
again why does it need to be brought here?..
.the whole show is just abhorent, sad & not cool & like i said people come here to escape that sort of thing....
picture this please.....
YOU are palestinian ..YOU are an israellite... YOU are muslim.. YOU are jewish... YOU are christian.. YOU are catholic.. YOU are hindu..YOU are buddist.. YOU are an atheist...
( i know i missed some religions im trying to keep this short as possible)
regardless of what side you are on & where u are in the world..
YOU live this war everyday of your existence either in your mind & heart or even on the frontline in gaza...but u play this funny little cartoon game called yoworld to escape this reality because thats all you have...
yet people bring it here now everyday & now u cant escape it at all it surrounds your whole world even when u want or just plain NEED a break from it so your mind can heal even just a little...
nothing said here will ever change whats happening just like no bomb or bullet will either in gaza... Do u think this is cool?
no awareness will ever change this with the exception of something happening in the mindsets of the actual people actually living & fighting it everyday...
time has proven this...
i totally understand your point Lisa though... i just feel for those who come here to try get away from it all & have some fun..

JT <]:O) :heart:


I see your side, too, and that of anyone who really is opposed to seeing this topic here because this place is supposed to be an escape. I genuinely do. I assure you that I'm not automatically assuming anyone in particular is against it being here because they don't care or because they are siding with Israel. And I'm certainly not accusing anyone of that, either. It's just that I've seen some stuff over the years, both here and on the old Zynga forums and I know this kind of stuff happens. Admittedly, I'm pretty jaded, but I know people have different reasons for their views on this. I also shouldn't have compared natural disaster topics to one like this; apples and oranges.

I absolutely respect that people come here to escape and that's why I never start topics here on current events, even in General Discussions. It almost always starts drama. But I also respect the OP's need to bring it up here. I think we all deal with stuff in different ways and I don't think she had any intention of stirring the pot or creating drama. I empathize with both points of view about whether or not this content should be discussed here.

I also wish there was far less drama here in general, and that applies to arguments about game stuff, as well. Sadly, that's the case with many, if not most, places on the internet. My boyfriend belongs to a game forum where there's practically no drama or even arguing, and they barely even have moderation. That's almost unheard of these days. I wish this place could be like that. :rose: :heart:



Thankyou Lisa i wish it could to with our forum here & in game.... & again yeah i totally understand where your coming from to & i agree with you i dont think the OP was trying to stir anything up by starting this post its obviously something they feel very strongly about unfortunately though with everybody being different & of many different opinons & some very strong felt ones at that it can go very sideways very quickly & people can get very upset on topics like this which is another reason im not keen for this kind of topic here & why myself not much of a forumer & dont really visit the general topics here much i only come here for in game topics & knowledge..

Thanks for replying back in such a thoughtful & sensible manner i respect that highly.. :hug:

JT <]:O) :thumbsup:
User avatar
J T (4799906)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 283
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Not there...............................................................................here

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:52 am

J T (4799906) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
J T (4799906) wrote:Quote Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

:eh: I have seen it to lisa & those 2 in particular are natural disasters (something that i feel also belongs in gen discs) not people senselessly killing each other over land that belongs to no one & a century of time that belongs to everyone...
a great american native & also a great aboriginal australian man once said" no man can lay claim to any land no more than any man can lay claim to the air we all breathe" a very powerful statement considering the story of both races.... this discussion belongs in general discussions not yoworld discussions in my opinion... im sorry u feel some people think some topics are more up for discussion than others i certainly dont feel this way but how i do feel is exactly what i stated in my post above this one i dont feel religion & geopolitics belong in this funny little game im sure many disagree though...i feel we have enough :silly: fighting as it is here in game already...
whats not cool to me...
( & i do understand why the op made this post its obviously something they feel very strong & care about deeply & i have many thoughts on this war to but essentially my heart is with all concerned for no one wins war..i choose not to vent them or look for sympathy for one side or another especially here because its not my war or yoworlds for that matter)
we have FB we have instagram we have tic toc i can go on with more social media platforms where this can all be discussed & make people aware of your opinon if this is whats current for you..
its not cool to me to bring it here to try to yonipulate anybody to sway to one side or another... everybody sees whats happening we all have since the media 1st came into existence..
again why does it need to be brought here?..
.the whole show is just abhorent, sad & not cool & like i said people come here to escape that sort of thing....
picture this please.....
YOU are palestinian ..YOU are an israellite... YOU are muslim.. YOU are jewish... YOU are christian.. YOU are catholic.. YOU are hindu..YOU are buddist.. YOU are an atheist...
( i know i missed some religions im trying to keep this short as possible)
regardless of what side you are on & where u are in the world..
YOU live this war everyday of your existence either in your mind & heart or even on the frontline in gaza...but u play this funny little cartoon game called yoworld to escape this reality because thats all you have...
yet people bring it here now everyday & now u cant escape it at all it surrounds your whole world even when u want or just plain NEED a break from it so your mind can heal even just a little...
nothing said here will ever change whats happening just like no bomb or bullet will either in gaza... Do u think this is cool?
no awareness will ever change this with the exception of something happening in the mindsets of the actual people actually living & fighting it everyday...
time has proven this...
i totally understand your point Lisa though... i just feel for those who come here to try get away from it all & have some fun..

JT <]:O) :heart:


I see your side, too, and that of anyone who really is opposed to seeing this topic here because this place is supposed to be an escape. I genuinely do. I assure you that I'm not automatically assuming anyone in particular is against it being here because they don't care or because they are siding with Israel. And I'm certainly not accusing anyone of that, either. It's just that I've seen some stuff over the years, both here and on the old Zynga forums and I know this kind of stuff happens. Admittedly, I'm pretty jaded, but I know people have different reasons for their views on this. I also shouldn't have compared natural disaster topics to one like this; apples and oranges.

I absolutely respect that people come here to escape and that's why I never start topics here on current events, even in General Discussions. It almost always starts drama. But I also respect the OP's need to bring it up here. I think we all deal with stuff in different ways and I don't think she had any intention of stirring the pot or creating drama. I empathize with both points of view about whether or not this content should be discussed here.

I also wish there was far less drama here in general, and that applies to arguments about game stuff, as well. Sadly, that's the case with many, if not most, places on the internet. My boyfriend belongs to a game forum where there's practically no drama or even arguing, and they barely even have moderation. That's almost unheard of these days. I wish this place could be like that. :rose: :heart:



Thankyou Lisa i wish it could to with our forum here & in game.... & again yeah i totally understand where your coming from to & i agree with you i dont think the OP was trying to stir anything up by starting this post its obviously something they feel very strongly about unfortunately though with everybody being different & of many different opinons & some very strong felt ones at that it can go very sideways very quickly & people can get very upset on topics like this which is another reason im not keen for this kind of topic here & why myself not much of a forumer & dont really visit the general topics here much i only come here for in game topics & knowledge..

Thanks for replying back in such a thoughtful & sensible manner i respect that highly.. :hug:

JT <]:O) :thumbsup:


I'm trying to work on my tone here lately. LOL You didn't hit a nerve with me or anything. I'm just trying to practice that in general. I'm human and can get pretty rude on a bad day (been having a lot of those lately LOL). I end up getting in disputes more often than I'd like to and I realize my tone can be really off-putting, so I'm trying to watch my wording more closely. I hate arguing, but I'm really passionate about a lot of things and I need to watch that when I choose to join a discussion. It's hard sometimes. I've got a fire in me. LOL Plus, without body language and facial expressions, communicating online is difficult with regard to tone. People often misinterpret me and vice versa, so I'm trying to avoid miscommunications as best as I can.
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18293
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: undisclosed

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Dana (129173078) » Fri May 21, 2021 4:39 pm

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?


My heart hurts for you guys, MsP. Without getting heated and detailed enough to get myself into trouble, I'll just say that some people haven't been paying attention and don't understand how this works. Some also are mistaken in thinking it's antisemitic to criticize Israel. It's not and it's a complicated and longstanding conflict. I steer clear of religion altogether and am looking at this from a human rights perspective. I'm really heartbroken that this stuff continues to happen.

And to anyone who says this discussion doesn't belong on the forums, I'm on the fence about that. Technically, it doesn't, but some things are really important to discuss, no matter the platform. We have players from all walks of life and from around the globe here. If something were to happen in their corner of the world, they'd probably bring it up here. Not everyone, but some. We're all real people behind our toons and we're all going through some fresh hell right now. It's worse in some places than in others, but EVERYONE is suffering in some way.

Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

I understand some come here for a break from the numerous real world nightmares. I get it. It's my respite, too. But the fact remains that when people are suffering, they will use any and every platform to raise awareness. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MsP, don't let let them discourage you. And remember that no matter how much it seems like no one cares, there are plenty of us that do. :heart:


I think the biggest issue is that, for as long as this issue has been going, people have continuously mislabeled it as a 'conflict'. That it's Jews vs Muslims or Jews vs Arabs. It isn't. One group is occupying another. One group holds all the power. One group is aided around the world. Calling it a conflict implies that both sides are on equal ground against each other. That simply isn't the case. I remember watching an episode of a tv show in which a girl was in her college class discussing Israel/Palestine and she brought up biblical history and stated that Arabs and Jews were simply engaged in 'sibling rivalry'. That angered me(probably more than it should have lol).

Another thing is that the media in the US has never really reported this issue, especially not in a fair way. Most people don't really know anything about this topic in the slightest. I had a few teachers of Palestinian origin when I was younger. Every year we had a 'culture week' in my elementary school. On one of those days, one of the teachers spoke to the class about her culture, traditions, etc. She spoke in detail about how her family had been expelled in 1948 with just the clothes on their backs. She spoke about how it was her dream to go back to her families homeland(which she is unable to do). It was the first time that I had been made aware of this topic. When I moved schools and cities later on, no one had ever mentioned anything about this. The Middle East was only ever brought up in regards to Arab or Islamic terrorism in the media or in school. The news didn't care about Arabs or portraying Arabs as humans with voices. The majority of my classmates had no idea that there was an occupation. We learned about apartheid in South Africa in class and I remember my classmates being shocked at how recently in history this had occurred. They wondered how people could sit back and support an apartheid state and and why no one had interfered to put an end to all of this. They were completely oblivious to the fact that the very same thing was currently happening in the Middle East to Arabs. After I graduated high school, I became very interested in following Middle Eastern news and educating myself on the history of the region and how the current state of it came to be. The history of the region is very interesting and especially the history of how Israel as a country came to be.

I've been closely following the news about the current issue over there(more so than usual). My heart hurts.
User avatar
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13720
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Rod (126579776) » Fri May 21, 2021 4:54 pm

No problem is more endemic of the human species. Both sides want the same land. They've tussled over it for as far back as we have recorded history in the area. The right thing is for them to share it. But neither side will do that. Every solution involves sharing part of the land. But both claim it was already theirs - all of it. It hasn't mattered who has held control. The weaker party suffers terribly. Death is an escape for them.

There's a reason so many smart people have tried and ultimately failed at securing permanent peace/equality/compromise. There is simply not a solution that will satisfy both parties entirely, and every compromise is seen as an offense. When the offense is existence, there is no compromise. And they will both continue suffering for it, until they don't.
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45504
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Fri May 21, 2021 5:42 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?


My heart hurts for you guys, MsP. Without getting heated and detailed enough to get myself into trouble, I'll just say that some people haven't been paying attention and don't understand how this works. Some also are mistaken in thinking it's antisemitic to criticize Israel. It's not and it's a complicated and longstanding conflict. I steer clear of religion altogether and am looking at this from a human rights perspective. I'm really heartbroken that this stuff continues to happen.

And to anyone who says this discussion doesn't belong on the forums, I'm on the fence about that. Technically, it doesn't, but some things are really important to discuss, no matter the platform. We have players from all walks of life and from around the globe here. If something were to happen in their corner of the world, they'd probably bring it up here. Not everyone, but some. We're all real people behind our toons and we're all going through some fresh hell right now. It's worse in some places than in others, but EVERYONE is suffering in some way.

Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

I understand some come here for a break from the numerous real world nightmares. I get it. It's my respite, too. But the fact remains that when people are suffering, they will use any and every platform to raise awareness. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MsP, don't let let them discourage you. And remember that no matter how much it seems like no one cares, there are plenty of us that do. :heart:


I think the biggest issue is that, for as long as this issue has been going, people have continuously mislabeled it as a 'conflict'. That it's Jews vs Muslims or Jews vs Arabs. It isn't. One group is occupying another. One group holds all the power. One group is aided around the world. Calling it a conflict implies that both sides are on equal ground against each other. That simply isn't the case. I remember watching an episode of a tv show in which a girl was in her college class discussing Israel/Palestine and she brought up biblical history and stated that Arabs and Jews were simply engaged in 'sibling rivalry'. That angered me(probably more than it should have lol).

Another thing is that the media in the US has never really reported this issue, especially not in a fair way. Most people don't really know anything about this topic in the slightest. I had a few teachers of Palestinian origin when I was younger. Every year we had a 'culture week' in my elementary school. On one of those days, one of the teachers spoke to the class about her culture, traditions, etc. She spoke in detail about how her family had been expelled in 1948 with just the clothes on their backs. She spoke about how it was her dream to go back to her families homeland(which she is unable to do). It was the first time that I had been made aware of this topic. When I moved schools and cities later on, no one had ever mentioned anything about this. The Middle East was only ever brought up in regards to Arab or Islamic terrorism in the media or in school. The news didn't care about Arabs or portraying Arabs as humans with voices. The majority of my classmates had no idea that there was an occupation. We learned about apartheid in South Africa in class and I remember my classmates being shocked at how recently in history this had occurred. They wondered how people could sit back and support an apartheid state and and why no one had interfered to put an end to all of this. They were completely oblivious to the fact that the very same thing was currently happening in the Middle East to Arabs. After I graduated high school, I became very interested in following Middle Eastern news and educating myself on the history of the region and how the current state of it came to be. The history of the region is very interesting and especially the history of how Israel as a country came to be.

I've been closely following the news about the current issue over there(more so than usual). My heart hurts.

As someone that went to an Islamic School for 14 years (actually make that 16 years since i also went to an islamic pre-kg, yes those unfortunately exist...), A LOT of muslims 100% believe that in the end of times israel will be gone and palestine will be back and a bunch of other stuff (i cant believe i genuinely believed those stories... but hey kids are easily manipulated), A LOT of muslims have genuine hatred for israelis and i believe a lot of israelis feel the same. I've also had palestinian teachers throughout those 14 years. My heart breaks for them. My Quran teacher was one. Throughout my years in the islamic school, I've sometimes been taught in the islamic books that jews are evil and bad, which is stupid because that's generalization but hey i also believed that at some point because everyone around me did. Hell, there were many stories that were taught about how evil jews are, my ENTIRE family still agree that they're evil to this day, my family is also ALL homophobic. Religion is partly involved in a way, not entirely, but definitely is. I've been taught that in an Islamic school. Long story short, i hate islam and all religions. I support palestine not because muslims want me to, but because the occupation and the mistreatment is inhumane.
Black cats are the superior cats.
User avatar
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 277
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5568
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: Hoping for eternal peace

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Fri May 21, 2021 7:07 pm

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?


My heart hurts for you guys, MsP. Without getting heated and detailed enough to get myself into trouble, I'll just say that some people haven't been paying attention and don't understand how this works. Some also are mistaken in thinking it's antisemitic to criticize Israel. It's not and it's a complicated and longstanding conflict. I steer clear of religion altogether and am looking at this from a human rights perspective. I'm really heartbroken that this stuff continues to happen.

And to anyone who says this discussion doesn't belong on the forums, I'm on the fence about that. Technically, it doesn't, but some things are really important to discuss, no matter the platform. We have players from all walks of life and from around the globe here. If something were to happen in their corner of the world, they'd probably bring it up here. Not everyone, but some. We're all real people behind our toons and we're all going through some fresh hell right now. It's worse in some places than in others, but EVERYONE is suffering in some way.

Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

I understand some come here for a break from the numerous real world nightmares. I get it. It's my respite, too. But the fact remains that when people are suffering, they will use any and every platform to raise awareness. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MsP, don't let let them discourage you. And remember that no matter how much it seems like no one cares, there are plenty of us that do. :heart:


I think the biggest issue is that, for as long as this issue has been going, people have continuously mislabeled it as a 'conflict'. That it's Jews vs Muslims or Jews vs Arabs. It isn't. One group is occupying another. One group holds all the power. One group is aided around the world. Calling it a conflict implies that both sides are on equal ground against each other. That simply isn't the case. I remember watching an episode of a tv show in which a girl was in her college class discussing Israel/Palestine and she brought up biblical history and stated that Arabs and Jews were simply engaged in 'sibling rivalry'. That angered me(probably more than it should have lol).

Another thing is that the media in the US has never really reported this issue, especially not in a fair way. Most people don't really know anything about this topic in the slightest. I had a few teachers of Palestinian origin when I was younger. Every year we had a 'culture week' in my elementary school. On one of those days, one of the teachers spoke to the class about her culture, traditions, etc. She spoke in detail about how her family had been expelled in 1948 with just the clothes on their backs. She spoke about how it was her dream to go back to her families homeland(which she is unable to do). It was the first time that I had been made aware of this topic. When I moved schools and cities later on, no one had ever mentioned anything about this. The Middle East was only ever brought up in regards to Arab or Islamic terrorism in the media or in school. The news didn't care about Arabs or portraying Arabs as humans with voices. The majority of my classmates had no idea that there was an occupation. We learned about apartheid in South Africa in class and I remember my classmates being shocked at how recently in history this had occurred. They wondered how people could sit back and support an apartheid state and and why no one had interfered to put an end to all of this. They were completely oblivious to the fact that the very same thing was currently happening in the Middle East to Arabs. After I graduated high school, I became very interested in following Middle Eastern news and educating myself on the history of the region and how the current state of it came to be. The history of the region is very interesting and especially the history of how Israel as a country came to be.

I've been closely following the news about the current issue over there(more so than usual). My heart hurts.

As someone that went to an Islamic School for 14 years (actually make that 16 years since i also went to an islamic pre-kg, yes those unfortunately exist...), A LOT of muslims 100% believe that in the end of times israel will be gone and palestine will be back and a bunch of other stuff (i cant believe i genuinely believed those stories... but hey kids are easily manipulated), A LOT of muslims have genuine hatred for israelis and i believe a lot of israelis feel the same. I've also had palestinian teachers throughout those 14 years. My heart breaks for them. My Quran teacher was one. Throughout my years in the islamic school, I've sometimes been taught in the islamic books that jews are evil and bad, which is stupid because that's generalization but hey i also believed that at some point because everyone around me did. Hell, there were many stories that were taught about how evil jews are, my ENTIRE family still agree that they're evil to this day, my family is also ALL homophobic. Religion is partly involved in a way, not entirely, but definitely is. I've been taught that in an Islamic school. Long story short, i hate islam and all religions. I support palestine not because muslims want me to, but because the occupation and the mistreatment is inhumane.


I love you, Peach. :hug:
Image
User avatar

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10712
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: #SaveShaikhJarrah #FreePalestine

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby YoYo (107314105) » Fri May 21, 2021 11:00 pm

How can we request a Palestine flag be created for the game? They have most other flags. Who do we contact to make suggestions like this? Thanks.
User avatar

YoYo (107314105)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 03, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5
Forum Title: YoNewbie

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Fri May 21, 2021 11:44 pm

Hamas has fired thousands of rockets at Israeli civilians. This isn't about evictions, annexation, or two states. It's not about Palestinians or a better future. It's about Hamas wanting to terrorize Israelis, destroy Israel, and gain power for itself and its Iranian backers.
Image
User avatar

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5561
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Rod (126579776) » Sat May 22, 2021 12:54 am

I found this tonight and it reads so real and raw. We incorrectly see governments and leadership as the entirety of a people. But they aren't. There are good and bad on both fringes, but the vast majority of people are nowhere near those edges. They are simply good people trying to survive in spite of bad decisions from all sides.

Image
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45504
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Dana (129173078) » Sat May 22, 2021 11:41 am

Doodler (10729465) wrote:Hamas has fired thousands of rockets at Israeli civilians. This isn't about evictions, annexation, or two states. It's not about Palestinians or a better future. It's about Hamas wanting to terrorize Israelis, destroy Israel, and gain power for itself and its Iranian backers.


I typed out a whole paragraph last night which I ended up deleting. I don't want to be banned and I don't want to offend anyone else on this forum. But you are deeply misinformed.
User avatar
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13720
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Sat May 22, 2021 12:33 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Doodler (10729465) wrote:Hamas has fired thousands of rockets at Israeli civilians. This isn't about evictions, annexation, or two states. It's not about Palestinians or a better future. It's about Hamas wanting to terrorize Israelis, destroy Israel, and gain power for itself and its Iranian backers.


I typed out a whole paragraph last night which I ended up deleting. I don't want to be banned and I don't want to offend anyone else on this forum. But you are deeply misinformed.


I typed out a paragraph too but also deleted it because I knew it would offend people and probably result in a ban.

BUT I WILL SAY THIS: The IDF terrorizes Palestinians. Israel is destroying Palestine. Hamas has NOTHING to do with this and people end up using Hamas as a scapegoat to continue the oppression and mistreatment of the Palestinian peoples. :thumbsup:
Image
User avatar

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10712
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: #SaveShaikhJarrah #FreePalestine

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Sun May 23, 2021 1:00 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
LisaTM (10095126) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?


My heart hurts for you guys, MsP. Without getting heated and detailed enough to get myself into trouble, I'll just say that some people haven't been paying attention and don't understand how this works. Some also are mistaken in thinking it's antisemitic to criticize Israel. It's not and it's a complicated and longstanding conflict. I steer clear of religion altogether and am looking at this from a human rights perspective. I'm really heartbroken that this stuff continues to happen.

And to anyone who says this discussion doesn't belong on the forums, I'm on the fence about that. Technically, it doesn't, but some things are really important to discuss, no matter the platform. We have players from all walks of life and from around the globe here. If something were to happen in their corner of the world, they'd probably bring it up here. Not everyone, but some. We're all real people behind our toons and we're all going through some fresh hell right now. It's worse in some places than in others, but EVERYONE is suffering in some way.

Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

I understand some come here for a break from the numerous real world nightmares. I get it. It's my respite, too. But the fact remains that when people are suffering, they will use any and every platform to raise awareness. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MsP, don't let let them discourage you. And remember that no matter how much it seems like no one cares, there are plenty of us that do. :heart:


I think the biggest issue is that, for as long as this issue has been going, people have continuously mislabeled it as a 'conflict'. That it's Jews vs Muslims or Jews vs Arabs. It isn't. One group is occupying another. One group holds all the power. One group is aided around the world. Calling it a conflict implies that both sides are on equal ground against each other. That simply isn't the case. I remember watching an episode of a tv show in which a girl was in her college class discussing Israel/Palestine and she brought up biblical history and stated that Arabs and Jews were simply engaged in 'sibling rivalry'. That angered me(probably more than it should have lol).

Another thing is that the media in the US has never really reported this issue, especially not in a fair way. Most people don't really know anything about this topic in the slightest. I had a few teachers of Palestinian origin when I was younger. Every year we had a 'culture week' in my elementary school. On one of those days, one of the teachers spoke to the class about her culture, traditions, etc. She spoke in detail about how her family had been expelled in 1948 with just the clothes on their backs. She spoke about how it was her dream to go back to her families homeland(which she is unable to do). It was the first time that I had been made aware of this topic. When I moved schools and cities later on, no one had ever mentioned anything about this. The Middle East was only ever brought up in regards to Arab or Islamic terrorism in the media or in school. The news didn't care about Arabs or portraying Arabs as humans with voices. The majority of my classmates had no idea that there was an occupation. We learned about apartheid in South Africa in class and I remember my classmates being shocked at how recently in history this had occurred. They wondered how people could sit back and support an apartheid state and and why no one had interfered to put an end to all of this. They were completely oblivious to the fact that the very same thing was currently happening in the Middle East to Arabs. After I graduated high school, I became very interested in following Middle Eastern news and educating myself on the history of the region and how the current state of it came to be. The history of the region is very interesting and especially the history of how Israel as a country came to be.

I've been closely following the news about the current issue over there(more so than usual). My heart hurts.


I’m sorry, MsPhantom. I know the word conflict is not appropriate and I was pretty wiped out when I typed that response.

And I agree with you about the media spin and the lack of education on the history. The US has always sided with and been allies with Israel, even when we shouldn’t. And no matter how many times you explain that not everyone is a terrorist, etc. it just never sinks in with them. They’ve been conditioned and brainwashed to hate many ethnic groups and never bother to do any research on anything. It’s also ironic that some of them side with Israel because their chosen politicians do, but they also hate Jewish people. There’s absolutely no logic or reasoning with those people. They keep themselves in the dark and just buy into the rhetoric over and over, which is why those politicians continue to feed them the rhetoric and succeed in becoming powerful. And it’s not just the US, but global, as well.

The world is a hot mess and seems to be regressing and repeating the same horrible things over and over. It’s sickening. :sad:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood
User avatar

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 341
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 18293
Forum Title: YoAddict
Location: undisclosed

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Dana (129173078) » Sun May 23, 2021 9:38 am

Butthurt (126579776) wrote:I found this tonight and it reads so real and raw. We incorrectly see governments and leadership as the entirety of a people. But they aren't. There are good and bad on both fringes, but the vast majority of people are nowhere near those edges. They are simply good people trying to survive in spite of bad decisions from all sides.

Image


This should go without saying. I condemn Antisemitism and any aggression towards anyone who is Jewish.
User avatar
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 13720
Forum Title: YoWild
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Rod (126579776) » Sun May 23, 2021 10:52 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Butthurt (126579776) wrote:I found this tonight and it reads so real and raw. We incorrectly see governments and leadership as the entirety of a people. But they aren't. There are good and bad on both fringes, but the vast majority of people are nowhere near those edges. They are simply good people trying to survive in spite of bad decisions from all sides.


This should go without saying. I condemn Antisemitism and any aggression towards anyone who is Jewish.

I live where many people agree with Miss Doodler, a lot of them are in my family. They attach themselves to the Biblical directive to support Israel without considering the entirety of Israel's actions - in other words - no matter what Israel does it could never be wrong. They refuse to understand that it is possible to support the nation of Israel while also condemning them for their treatment of the Palestinians - they are not mutually exclusive mindsets. But for simplicity of their thoughts, Israel can literally do no wrong.

On a personal level it is gut wrenching to watch the people suffer. Suffering is what turns good people into monsters. And too many monsters are at the controls over there......and they are the reason more monsters continue to be made.

It's not going to end well for the people. I've not lost hope, I've just seen action after action being followed to tee. It's like both nations are intentionally trying to make Revelation a reality.

:rose:
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45504
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Doodler (10729465) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:01 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Butthurt (126579776) wrote:I found this tonight and it reads so real and raw. We incorrectly see governments and leadership as the entirety of a people. But they aren't. There are good and bad on both fringes, but the vast majority of people are nowhere near those edges. They are simply good people trying to survive in spite of bad decisions from all sides.


This should go without saying. I condemn Antisemitism and any aggression towards anyone who is Jewish.

I live where many people agree with Miss Doodler, a lot of them are in my family. They attach themselves to the Biblical directive to support Israel without considering the entirety of Israel's actions - in other words - no matter what Israel does it could never be wrong. They refuse to understand that it is possible to support the nation of Israel while also condemning them for their treatment of the Palestinians - they are not mutually exclusive mindsets. But for simplicity of their thoughts, Israel can literally do no wrong.

On a personal level it is gut wrenching to watch the people suffer. Suffering is what turns good people into monsters. And too many monsters are at the controls over there......and they are the reason more monsters continue to be made.

It's not going to end well for the people. I've not lost hope, I've just seen action after action being followed to tee. It's like both nations are intentionally trying to make Revelation a reality.

:rose:


You need to read what I posted before you comment, Mr. Rod - I didn't say anything about supporting Israel, or the Bible, for that matter. I'm talking about the terrorist group Hamas. It's really about Hamas, Iran and Israel - Palestinians just happen to be caught in the middle of it.
Image
User avatar

Doodler (10729465)
YoWorld Level: 313
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 5561
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Rod (126579776) » Mon May 24, 2021 2:39 pm

Doodler (10729465) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:
MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:
Butthurt (126579776) wrote:I found this tonight and it reads so real and raw. We incorrectly see governments and leadership as the entirety of a people. But they aren't. There are good and bad on both fringes, but the vast majority of people are nowhere near those edges. They are simply good people trying to survive in spite of bad decisions from all sides.


This should go without saying. I condemn Antisemitism and any aggression towards anyone who is Jewish.

I live where many people agree with Miss Doodler, a lot of them are in my family. They attach themselves to the Biblical directive to support Israel without considering the entirety of Israel's actions - in other words - no matter what Israel does it could never be wrong. They refuse to understand that it is possible to support the nation of Israel while also condemning them for their treatment of the Palestinians - they are not mutually exclusive mindsets. But for simplicity of their thoughts, Israel can literally do no wrong.

On a personal level it is gut wrenching to watch the people suffer. Suffering is what turns good people into monsters. And too many monsters are at the controls over there......and they are the reason more monsters continue to be made.

It's not going to end well for the people. I've not lost hope, I've just seen action after action being followed to tee. It's like both nations are intentionally trying to make Revelation a reality.

:rose:


You need to read what I posted before you comment, Mr. Rod - I didn't say anything about supporting Israel, or the Bible, for that matter. I'm talking about the terrorist group Hamas. It's really about Hamas, Iran and Israel - Palestinians just happen to be caught in the middle of it.

My apologies if my interpretation was inaccurate. Hamas is vile. They feed off fear and hate and do worse things than anyone else to the unprotected Palestinians when they don't comply. They function as a mobster type entity and deserve the world's anger. This doesn't excuse Israel in the least. They also own their share condemnation for some of their treatment of their closest neighbor.
Image

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
User avatar
Rod (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 45504
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:02 pm

J T (4799906) wrote:
Chris (4327680) wrote:Many, many posts contain things people want to escape from, whether it’s something in the game they have personal issues with, discussions of illnesses, family problems, or even just general nastiness and fighting. They are the admins’ rules so I propose that we let them enforce them as they believe the definitions apply.

I was always taught that the fight over the Gaza Strip was due to religious history that both sides lay claim to on that land?

Hey Chris..
i wasnt taught anything about this mess ive always just done my own lookings into like anything...i find the killing of anything abhorent animal or people & totally against what i feel we were all put here for..
hence why i think the quote i put up from 2 very wise & great men is very relevant here no one can actually own this land the creator gave us all to share anymore than the water surrounding us or the air we all breathe..
if its an ingame problem regardless of the topic i totally agree with you but when its something not game related i feel just as strongly & im glad the admin have set up these forums as such for that reason...
what i find unusal that this has been going on forever but only now because its thrust back in everyones face via mainstream media that people are putting up free palestine logos & such here & making awareness of it only now...i ask is that a ploy to rile people up? maybe .. maybe not... i hope not bcs that i find very sad if true & another perfect reason why there are so many other platforms to do it on...
i ask the people here who support this kind of "awareness" is it ok for u to upset people on here further about all this genocide? what do u expect to acheive by bringing this war to a cartoon game? do u honestly think it will change anything? nothing has in a thousand years but now it will on a cartoon game just because its been made into a forum post?.. (im not tryin to upset anybody although i know a few people here think very otherwise )that feels so strongly about this topic what i am tryin to say though is is it ok to further upset somebody thats here tryin to get away from all that sort of thing?..... some people here seem to think so... i however think we have enough in game probs social & tech related to discuss currently...
i feel massively about any sort of genocide it goes on everyday in all corners of the world everybody is already aware of that with main stream media you would have to be living under a rock not to know this...it would take me hours to list the plights of EVERYONE animal & humans alike unfortunately it seems its really in our nature to do this to ourselves..it happens everyday... again why bring it somewhere thats suposedly simply about fun?
i think i saw Rod say it somewhere that some people need to be reminded why they 1st started playing our great game here..
that to me was the most "well said" thing ive seen for a while so ty to you & well said ROD... & yes i agree the scene is being set for a certain someone to claim a god like status...
& to make this perfectly clear im not having a go at the OP by what i have to say here & if i was to jump on a side in this it would be the palestinians...i feel deeply for them as i do anybody affected by this... its a war of rocks & sticks versus balistic misslies & bullets we all know whos really copping the worst of it..

JT <]:O) :heart:


:trophy:
User avatar

NF2GxSw33tCandyYTF (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 286
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 1564
Forum Title: YoFan
Location: Where the good people are.

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby Denna (10205906) » Thu May 27, 2021 5:47 pm

My father used to say: "Always be careful talking about something you never experienced."
Media will show you what they want you to see. They will write what they want you to read. People who have no a idea what is going on, will form their opinion and try to convice you, yours is wrong...
Only people there know exactly what is going on.
And I know what am I talking about.
I hate wars and violence. There are no winners in any war, it is just illusion. In every war, there are only losers.
Image
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 320
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 16594
Forum Title: YoFiend

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions