Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Thoughts and Prayers for the Palestinians

Postby J T (4799906) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:29 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I'm sure a lot of you have seen the news regarding the events in the Gaza Strip and East Jerusalem. I feel heartbroken at the amount of horrific events that have occurred. This all took place during the holiest month in Islam - Ramadan. Ramadan is supposed to be a time of fasting, family, community, and spiritual reflection and Eid is the holiday that marks the end of Ramadan and is a time of celebration for Muslims around the world. My heart aches for the families who have lost their homes, loved ones, and who have had to witness and endure such horrifying and traumatic events. Please keep the Palestinian people in your thoughts and prayers during this time.

:idea: Thoughts & prayers to ALL who suffer at the hands of the :devil: 's & self proclaimed gods of Manipulation & violence inside & outside of all the realms :heart: :hug: :party: :shh: :silly:
:star: :trophy: :star:
JT <]:O) :hug: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bye: :bye:
J T (4799906)
YoWorld Level: 296
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 08, 2008

Forum Posts: 283
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: Not there...............................................................................here

Postby Country (4168632) » Mon May 17, 2021 9:36 pm

maybe if they stop committing terrorist acts maybe they would be ok every battle between them and israel is started by them

Country (4168632)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2008

Forum Posts: 131
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby Shi Tidiot (126579776) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 pm

Country (4168632) wrote:maybe if they stop committing terrorist acts maybe they would be ok every battle between them and israel is started by them

Welcome to the forums. Good luck! o_o

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
Shi Tidiot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 45473
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby BEANS (110735736) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:35 pm

may there b peace!!!!
Trying to stay in sane in the world of insane

BEANS (110735736)
YoWorld Level: 352
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 29, 2009

Forum Posts: 3672
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby LindyLou Who (126352247) » Mon May 17, 2021 10:59 pm

Try Me (126579776) wrote:
Country (4168632) wrote:maybe if they stop committing terrorist acts maybe they would be ok every battle between them and israel is started by them

:haha: :haha:

LindyLou Who (126352247)
YoWorld Level: 386
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 03, 2009

Forum Posts: 7387
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 pm

Et tu, Brute?

Snitches get stitches
Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 4829
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby J T (4799906) » Tue May 18, 2021 1:07 am

:thumbsup:

JT <]:O) :thumbsup: :bye:
J T (4799906)

Location: Not there...............................................................................here

Postby TexanSourNSweet (103681266) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:24 am

:trophy:
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
Boots on wanna see the bottom of em say somethin

TexanSourNSweet (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009

Forum Posts: 12304
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Stardust (186190305) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:47 am

“It's only terrorism if they do it to us. When we do much worse to them, it's not terrorism.”
― Noam Chomsky
Image Image
It is easy enough to be friendly to one's friends. But to befriend the one who regards himself as your enemy is the quintessence of true religion. The other is mere business.

M. Gandhi

Stardust (186190305)
YoWorld Level: 415
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 08, 2015

Forum Posts: 19842
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Tue May 18, 2021 9:32 am

Type, delete, type, delete.

I want to tackle this soooo bad. But I can't.

:sad:

#FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine #FreePalestine
My attitude will always be based on how you treat me.

Vivica (13404458)
YoWorld Level: 248
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 09, 2009

Forum Posts: 10675

Postby Shi Tidiot (126579776) » Tue May 18, 2021 9:57 am

Now that it's down here where it won't become a forum bomb, let's walk through your assumption. :smug:

First, there's no "starting" assigned to either side. They've been at this for thousands of years. Israel is hated by every Arab nation and they return the favor. The Palestinians just happen to be the ones who are closest - and they suffer accordingly. And by suffer I mean they are treated worse than dogs when it comes to how they are forced to live. Israel uses it's power over them to abuse them every day. Over time this has built resentment and hate within both groups as they attempt to lay claim to the same ground. They'll never agree because the only thing that will satisfy either party is for the other one to disappear.

I believe things will begin to unfortunately escalate now. The time is right. Israel will soon begin building The Temple for the third time. The ground is already prepared. I believe the hostilities won't stop until a specific person arrives on scene. A "miraculous" peace deal will be reached because of this man. And that's when things will get really exciting. Because after 3.5 years of peace that "peacemaker" will eventually stand in that rebuilt Temple and declare himself God..... But all this is based on a foolish old book that is unreliable and full of fairytales.......yet somehow thousands of years ago documented the reality currently being lived out over there. I expect it will continue to be accurate.

Tick tick tick........... :angel:

Do what is hard and life will be easy
Do what is easy and life will be hard
Shi Tidiot (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 404
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 45473
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Dana (129173078) » Tue May 18, 2021 10:11 am

I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?
Dana (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 324
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009

Forum Posts: 13700
Forum Title: YoWild

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Tue May 18, 2021 11:22 am

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you. I wanted to tackle it, too, but I couldn't because I knew I'd get in trouble. I always get heated when it comes to this topic. You said it perfectly well, though.

Vivica (13404458)

Postby Country (4168632) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:37 pm

MsPhantom (129173078) wrote:I feel very saddened by some of the posts I have read on this thread. There is so much I want to say but I can't. I'll say this. Palestinians are not terrorists. It is legal under international law for an occupied group of people to resist their occupation. How can a stateless group of people in an open air prison with no military, no navy, and no airforce commit acts of terrorism against the government that has occupied their land and kept them under apartheid?

what do you call launching rockets into downtown where regular people are if thats not a terrorist then i dont know what you think a terrorist is . they started this and are paying the price now . old saying goes if you dont want trouble dont cause trouble

Country (4168632)
YoWorld Level: 323
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 27, 2008

Forum Posts: 131
Forum Title: YoApprentice

Postby J T (4799906) » Tue May 18, 2021 7:48 pm

:dizzy: Sadly I can see this post going sideways real quick if it hasnt already....im all for awareness of everything but what im not sure about is what place religion & geopolitics have in a cartoon game? so many come here to escape the abhorencies & drudgeries of real life in search of something fun or interesting.. WE ALL see this day in day out on our tvs & all these people on both sides are living this nightmare everyday...why does it need to be brought here i guess is what im asking?
im not jewish or palestinian & tbh quite anti all religion i find every "faith" just a form of mind control for the masses.... im australian & im so glad that we dont have this sort of unhuman rubbish going on here...

JT <]:O)
J T (4799906)

Postby LisaTM (10095126) » Tue May 18, 2021 10:45 pm

My heart hurts for you guys, MsP. Without getting heated and detailed enough to get myself into trouble, I'll just say that some people haven't been paying attention and don't understand how this works. Some also are mistaken in thinking it's antisemitic to criticize Israel. It's not and it's a complicated and longstanding conflict. I steer clear of religion altogether and am looking at this from a human rights perspective. I'm really heartbroken that this stuff continues to happen.

And to anyone who says this discussion doesn't belong on the forums, I'm on the fence about that. Technically, it doesn't, but some things are really important to discuss, no matter the platform. We have players from all walks of life and from around the globe here. If something were to happen in their corner of the world, they'd probably bring it up here. Not everyone, but some. We're all real people behind our toons and we're all going through some fresh hell right now. It's worse in some places than in others, but EVERYONE is suffering in some way.

Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

I understand some come here for a break from the numerous real world nightmares. I get it. It's my respite, too. But the fact remains that when people are suffering, they will use any and every platform to raise awareness. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MsP, don't let let them discourage you. And remember that no matter how much it seems like no one cares, there are plenty of us that do. :heart:
ImageImage
"I don't want to lubricate that." - Guybrush Threepwood

LisaTM (10095126)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18291
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby J T (4799906) » Wed May 19, 2021 2:05 am

Quote Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

:eh: I have seen it to lisa & those 2 in particular are natural disasters (something that i feel also belongs in gen discs) not people senselessly killing each other over land that belongs to no one & a century of time that belongs to everyone...
a great american native & also a great aboriginal australian man once said" no man can lay claim to any land no more than any man can lay claim to the air we all breathe" a very powerful statement considering the story of both races.... this discussion belongs in general discussions not yoworld discussions in my opinion... im sorry u feel some people think some topics are more up for discussion than others i certainly dont feel this way but how i do feel is exactly what i stated in my post above this one i dont feel religion & geopolitics belong in this funny little game im sure many disagree though...i feel we have enough :silly: fighting as it is here in game already...
whats not cool to me...
( & i do understand why the op made this post its obviously something they feel very strong & care about deeply & i have many thoughts on this war to but essentially my heart is with all concerned for no one wins war..i choose not to vent them or look for sympathy for one side or another especially here because its not my war or yoworlds for that matter)
we have FB we have instagram we have tic toc i can go on with more social media platforms where this can all be discussed & make people aware of your opinon if this is whats current for you..
its not cool to me to bring it here to try to yonipulate anybody to sway to one side or another... everybody sees whats happening we all have since the media 1st came into existence..
again why does it need to be brought here?..
.the whole show is just abhorent, sad & not cool & like i said people come here to escape that sort of thing....
picture this please.....
YOU are palestinian ..YOU are an israellite... YOU are muslim.. YOU are jewish... YOU are christian.. YOU are catholic.. YOU are hindu..YOU are buddist.. YOU are an atheist...
( i know i missed some religions im trying to keep this short as possible)
regardless of what side you are on & where u are in the world..
YOU live this war everyday of your existence either in your mind & heart or even on the frontline in gaza...but u play this funny little cartoon game called yoworld to escape this reality because thats all you have...
yet people bring it here now everyday & now u cant escape it at all it surrounds your whole world even when u want or just plain NEED a break from it so your mind can heal even just a little...
nothing said here will ever change whats happening just like no bomb or bullet will either in gaza... Do u think this is cool?
no awareness will ever change this with the exception of something happening in the mindsets of the actual people actually living & fighting it everyday...
time has proven this...
i totally understand your point Lisa though... i just feel for those who come here to try get away from it all & have some fun..

JT <]:O) :heart:
J T (4799906)

Postby Vivica (13404458) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:53 am

LisaTM (10095126) wrote:

My heart hurts for you guys, MsP. Without getting heated and detailed enough to get myself into trouble, I'll just say that some people haven't been paying attention and don't understand how this works. Some also are mistaken in thinking it's antisemitic to criticize Israel. It's not and it's a complicated and longstanding conflict. I steer clear of religion altogether and am looking at this from a human rights perspective. I'm really heartbroken that this stuff continues to happen.

And to anyone who says this discussion doesn't belong on the forums, I'm on the fence about that. Technically, it doesn't, but some things are really important to discuss, no matter the platform. We have players from all walks of life and from around the globe here. If something were to happen in their corner of the world, they'd probably bring it up here. Not everyone, but some. We're all real people behind our toons and we're all going through some fresh hell right now. It's worse in some places than in others, but EVERYONE is suffering in some way.

Over the years I've seen so many thought and prayer threads for various things. I don't recall anyone ever saying the discussion about the wildfires in Australia or California didn't belong here. I mean, it's possible some did say that and I missed it, but it seems like some places are more acceptable to discuss than others. Not cool.

I understand some come here for a break from the numerous real world nightmares. I get it. It's my respite, too. But the fact remains that when people are suffering, they will use any and every platform to raise awareness. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MsP, don't let let them discourage you. And remember that no matter how much it seems like no one cares, there are plenty of us that do. :heart:

Very well said!

Vivica (13404458)

Postby Chris (4327680) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:23 am

Many, many posts contain things people want to escape from, whether it’s something in the game they have personal issues with, discussions of illnesses, family problems, or even just general nastiness and fighting. They are the admins’ rules so I propose that we let them enforce them as they believe the definitions apply.

I was always taught that the fight over the Gaza Strip was due to religious history that both sides lay claim to on that land?

I was in London in 2001 for a trade show. (I only remember the year because we flew only a month after 9/11 and it was a mess.) At shows spanning several days, you tend to start mingling with people in adjacent booths. Next to us was a very sweet man named Jacob from Israel. We wound up talking a lot about this topic, because who wouldn’t want to learn from someone living it as opposed to textbooks and news outlets?

Anyway, Jacob misted up and had to wipe his eyes so many times during conversations. The gist I got from him is that many Israelis very much opposed everything happening then and in their lifetime. He compared it to Americans during Viet Nam, how we had militant people and civilians just absorbed with the righteousness of the cause, but also had riots, defectors, and so much general objection to being there and doing what we were doing.

Viet Nam, Palestine/Israel, police/POC, every group has sub groups. Not everyone can or should be classified by what part of the larger group they belong to is doing. Good and bad in everyone and every group.

The whole thing sickens me. Any situation where life is valued so little does. I care more about the lives of animals than some do about the lives of other human beings. Don’t even get me started on what people will do for power.
Buy / Sell / Trade / Wishes are at: Christine's Corner Top Wishes: Wish List
Always wishes: Spies Rugs, Connect Four Board Game, Brown Hairs (I return any hairs I already have.)

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 6219
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby J T (4799906) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:16 am

[quote="Chris (4327680)"]Many, many posts contain things people want to escape from, whether it’s something in the game they have personal issues with, discussions of illnesses, family problems, or even just general nastiness and fighting. They are the admins’ rules so I propose that we let them enforce them as they believe the definitions apply.

I was always taught that the fight over the Gaza Strip was due to religious history that both sides lay claim to on that land?

Hey Chris..
i wasnt taught anything about this mess ive always just done my own lookings into like anything...i find the killing of anything abhorent animal or people & totally against what i feel we were all put here for..
hence why i think the quote i put up from 2 very wise & great men is very relevant here no one can actually own this land the creator gave us all to share anymore than the water surrounding us or the air we all breathe..
if its an ingame problem regardless of the topic i totally agree with you but when its something not game related i feel just as strongly & im glad the admin have set up these forums as such for that reason...
what i find unusal that this has been going on forever but only now because its thrust back in everyones face via mainstream media that people are putting up free palestine logos & such here & making awareness of it only now...i ask is that a ploy to rile people up? maybe .. maybe not... i hope not bcs that i find very sad if true & another perfect reason why there are so many other platforms to do it on...
i ask the people here who support this kind of "awareness" is it ok for u to upset people on here further about all this genocide? what do u expect to acheive by bringing this war to a cartoon game? do u honestly think it will change anything? nothing has in a thousand years but now it will on a cartoon game just because its been made into a forum post?.. (im not tryin to upset anybody although i know a few people here think very otherwise )that feels so strongly about this topic what i am tryin to say though is is it ok to further upset somebody thats here tryin to get away from all that sort of thing?..... some people here seem to think so... i however think we have enough in game probs social & tech related to discuss currently...
i feel massively about any sort of genocide it goes on everyday in all corners of the world everybody is already aware of that with main stream media you would have to be living under a rock not to know this...it would take me hours to list the plights of EVERYONE animal & humans alike unfortunately it seems its really in our nature to do this to ourselves..it happens everyday... again why bring it somewhere thats suposedly simply about fun?
i think i saw Rod say it somewhere that some people need to be reminded why they 1st started playing our great game here..
that to me was the most "well said" thing ive seen for a while so ty to you & well said ROD... & yes i agree the scene is being set for a certain someone to claim a god like status...
& to make this perfectly clear im not having a go at the OP by what i have to say here & if i was to jump on a side in this it would be the palestinians...i feel deeply for them as i do anybody affected by this... its a war of rocks & sticks versus balistic misslies & bullets we all know whos really copping the worst of it...
JT <]:O) :heart:
J T (4799906)

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions