The Covid

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: The Covid

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:44 am

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).
Image
Black cats are the superior cats.
User avatar
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6007
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: The Covid

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:30 pm

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: The Covid

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:14 pm

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!

Oh! Is it even possible for debates like this to be done in a respectful debate manner on FB & Twitter? How do you do it?? Teach me. :haha: cause it will 100% end up with them telling me I’ll burn in hell or something lol, seen it happen multiple times :phew: (seen on Twitter, I only use FB for YW)
Image
Black cats are the superior cats.
User avatar
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6007
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: The Covid

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:24 pm

Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!

cause it will 100% end up with them telling me I’ll burn in hell or something


When someone tells me that, i always say, "well, i guess I'll see you there then".
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: The Covid

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:38 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!

cause it will 100% end up with them telling me I’ll burn in hell or something


When someone tells me that, i always say, "well, i guess I'll see you there then".


Tell them to keep their answers based in reality and not in fiction. There's not any tangible proof that there is a heaven or a hell. Anyhow, once someone tells you that, they have lost the debate as they have no rebuttal left other than to launch a personal attack.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: The Covid

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:50 pm

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!

cause it will 100% end up with them telling me I’ll burn in hell or something


When someone tells me that, i always say, "well, i guess I'll see you there then".


Tell them to keep their answers based in reality and not in fiction. There's not any tangible proof that there is a heaven or a hell. Anyhow, once someone tells you that, they have lost the debate as they have no rebuttal left other than to launch a personal attack.


I can say from my own personal experience, that many of these people will still shove their beliefs down your throat no matter what you say/do. Hell, i can rant here all day about the crap they do, that irritates the crap outta me, and they feel justified in.

So what i do, is just throw my humor at them, and leave em in shock and awe. Thats the only thing that worked for me so far. *shrugs*
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: The Covid

Postby Cracked (126579776) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:48 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!

cause it will 100% end up with them telling me I’ll burn in hell or something


When someone tells me that, i always say, "well, i guess I'll see you there then".


Tell them to keep their answers based in reality and not in fiction. There's not any tangible proof that there is a heaven or a hell. Anyhow, once someone tells you that, they have lost the debate as they have no rebuttal left other than to launch a personal attack.


I can say from my own personal experience, that many of these people will still shove their beliefs down your throat no matter what you say/do. Hell, i can rant here all day about the crap they do, that irritates the crap outta me, and they feel justified in.

So what i do, is just throw my humor at them, and leave em in shock and awe. Thats the only thing that worked for me so far. *shrugs*

You guys have certainly met some real doozies........I've met them too. They are a large part of the reason I ended up an atheist. :phew:

Religion ruins many people, because it is based in rules.......therefore subject to the frailties of men. They are a construct designed to distract the masses, offer excuses for the weak, exploit the simple, and provide a shield for continuing to harm people. And those are my "nice" words.

:angel:
Image

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude - Karl Popper
User avatar
Cracked (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47227
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: The Covid

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Yeah, well, it doesn't help that im related to some of them, LOL.
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: The Covid

Postby Cracked (126579776) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:12 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:Yeah, well, it doesn't help that im related to some of them, LOL.

You and me both. :phew:

You should have seen them dance when I changed my mind about atheism.......and you should have seen them wilt when I undid their religious ways. I think most of them probably wish I'd have stayed an atheist by now. LOL

Man to man sir....I know we are "FB buds", but I'm damn proud of you for holding to your convictions. I know how withering it can be to face what comes from your decision. Have pity on them.....for they know not what they do.

:heart:
Image

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude - Karl Popper
User avatar
Cracked (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47227
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: The Covid

Postby Xx Peach xX (143363031) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:23 pm

.
Last edited by Xx Peach xX (143363031) on Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Black cats are the superior cats.
User avatar
Xx Peach xX (143363031)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 31, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 6007
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Re: The Covid

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:23 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
Xx Peach xX (143363031) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:
The Tutor (126579776) wrote:Hey guys, I'm not tryin to "last word" anyone here, but I am going to cease and desist now in deference to the forum rules. I feel like you are all great people and we could probably have a good discussion without getting torqued at each other, but we are technically in violation. The Vikes have worked hard enough the past few months. LOL

:rose:


Another time, then. Thanks for keeping it civil. I can discuss stuff, precisely like this, all day long as long as it's done in a debate manner.

Same. Controversial debates like this are my favorite to have in RL. But, I understand why some people avoid these type of topics. & I understand the hopelessness some people feel when the conversation reaches no where, imo it doesn't have to. I like knowing how different people think, just so I can have a rebuttal ready with someone else or know who to avoid (in extreme cases).



You should see me on Facebook and Twitter...LOL!

cause it will 100% end up with them telling me I’ll burn in hell or something


When someone tells me that, i always say, "well, i guess I'll see you there then".


Tell them to keep their answers based in reality and not in fiction. There's not any tangible proof that there is a heaven or a hell. Anyhow, once someone tells you that, they have lost the debate as they have no rebuttal left other than to launch a personal attack.


I can say from my own personal experience, that many of these people will still shove their beliefs down your throat no matter what you say/do. Hell, i can rant here all day about the crap they do, that irritates the crap outta me, and they feel justified in.

So what i do, is just throw my humor at them, and leave em in shock and awe. Thats the only thing that worked for me so far. *shrugs*


I usually say something like, "Awww...how cute...a grown-ass adult who still believes in fairytale creatures."
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: The Covid

Postby Quarantined Mata (13429328) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:58 pm

My mom is 70 something, fully vaccinated, and has covid. She didn't end in the hospital thanks to the vaccine. A couple of her friends are in the same situation.
My nephew had covid too and thankfully it wasn't the Delta variant, the week he started with symptoms also started the vaccination for people his age (20-30) in my city. He's okay now.

I'm getting my second dose at the end of the month and I'm still in lockdown. Due to how things are going in my country, my workplace said last week said that they'll consider reviewing an eventual comeback to the office in October. I don't think I'll be back at the office this year. And I don't mind working from home for the next 4 months :D
Et tu, Brute?
Image

Image
Snitches get stitches
User avatar

Quarantined Mata (13429328)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 10, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4963
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Surprise me

Re: The Covid

Postby Cracked (126579776) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:09 pm

SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:I usually say something like, "Awww...how cute...a grown-ass adult who still believes in fairytale creatures."

Because of the 2013 Higgs boson Nobel Prize winning research, we instead believe that a field that can barely be generated, was the doorway to another dimension through which all matter in the known universe traveled to the same spot at the same time in order to generate a gravity surge powerful enough to splinter all that matter into everything we see and know today. Which was then acted on by random chance over eons to develop the proteins necessary to form the 8 required cellular systems that must exist at the very same time for an organism to sustain life. And that this new life form had the necessary organic matter on which to feed in order to sustain that life and replicate. And then accordingly expand itself to fill every possible niche of life we now know.

Or everything was specifically created and designed by a multidimensional being for His pleasure.

Which theory is less reasonable? Methinks "fairytales" wear a lot of different hats. :)

I'm that grown ass adult. :love:
Image

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude - Karl Popper
User avatar
Cracked (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47227
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: The Covid

Postby McKinley (6077295) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:21 pm

Thriller (126579776) wrote:
SvG Jericha (6077295) wrote:I usually say something like, "Awww...how cute...a grown-ass adult who still believes in fairytale creatures."

Because of the 2013 Higgs boson Nobel Prize winning research, we instead believe that a field that can barely be generated, was the doorway to another dimension through which all matter in the known universe traveled to the same spot at the same time in order to generate a gravity surge powerful enough to splinter all that matter into everything we see and know today. Which was then acted on by random chance over eons to develop the proteins necessary to form the 8 required cellular systems that must exist at the very same time for an organism to sustain life. And that this new life form had the necessary organic matter on which to feed in order to sustain that life and replicate. And then accordingly expand itself to fill every possible niche of life we now know.

Or everything was specifically created and designed by a multidimensional being for His pleasure.

Which theory is less reasonable? Methinks "fairytales" wear a lot of different hats. :)

I'm that grown ass adult. :love:


At least you own it. If you can't show me black and white proof of it, as far as I'm concerned, it does not exist.
FYI: Not all atheists deny that Jesus existed. I do believe that he did exist and that he was an extraordinary man...but that's it. He was a man. When you guys get into all that rise from the dead BS, that's when I take my leave of the topic.
I don't begrudge anyone who needs to believe in something other than themselves. It doesn't matter to me. It doesn't concern me. I don't judge it. My husband enlisted to go fight in Vietnam for the rights of every single American. He didn't care if they were black, white, brown, pink or blue. It didn't matter if they were LGBTQ+, straight or celibate. Male, female or gender fluid...doesn't matter. And, the same with religious, agnostic and atheist...we're all equally the same.
So, believe in whatever makes you happy or makes you feel complete. :thumbsup: It's completely fine. I do not judge anyone for doing that. It's just not my gig...and I exercise my right to not believe in any of it, heaven, hell, zombie Jesus, demons, Buddha, Hinduism, Islam, wiccan or Native American beliefs. I think you have one shot at this, so make it a good one. :thumbsup:
The only difference between us is that you have faith in something greater than yourself and I have faith in myself.
Who's to blame for Afghanistan? Every single registered American voter since 9-11-2001. We all let this happen and, unless we have a conversation on how to not let it happen again, in a generation or so, history will repeat itself.
User avatar

McKinley (6077295)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 08, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 7704
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Andromeda Galaxy

Re: The Covid

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:30 pm

Medieval Barber Theodoric of York - SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edIi6hYpUoQ

I had the pleasure of watching this skit from the original not ready for primetime players the night it aired. I think it's hilarious because it demonstrates that science consistently claims with full authority that they have a new fact which wholly changes the old fact they just got through telling you was the absolute truth. So, going forward, won't it just be a matter of time until they come along again and say, sorry what we were previously telling you was the truth is now a lie, and we're real sorry, but this time for sure it's the truth. Until it isn't. Again.

Don't know what to make of that except I don't like changing the goalposts. Either it's true or it's not. So, if you fail even once, how can I get my gumption up again to believe you this time around? Just to have you do it again. And again. And again.

So, I do believe in science, but with a grain of salt so to speak. I realize it's the latest idea, and they are smart people with generally good intentions, but still, just people a lot like me.

Similarly for me with religion. I do believe but with a grain of salt. Many would say that's not going to fly, I must believe exactly the same nonsense my intelligence knows to be false that they believe. Not going to do it. Is God sending me to hell for that? We'll see. If there is no god, I'm good. If there is a god, I'm still good. Clever boy no?

As you can see, neither my scientist friends nor my religious friends are going to be all warm and fuzzy with my take on things, but that's why religion is such a hot button topic. Everyone is so sure they got the answer, follow me. Nuh uh. I'll make my own way thank you and you do the same. And may your journey be long and full of happiness and love...
:hug:
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 15762
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: The Covid

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:Medieval Barber Theodoric of York - SNL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edIi6hYpUoQ

I had the pleasure of watching this skit from the original not ready for primetime players the night it aired. I think it's hilarious because it demonstrates that science consistently claims with full authority that they have a new fact which wholly changes the old fact they just got through telling you was the absolute truth. So, going forward, won't it just be a matter of time until they come along again and say, sorry what we were previously telling you was the truth is now a lie, and we're real sorry, but this time for sure it's the truth. Until it isn't. Again.

Don't know what to make of that except I don't like changing the goalposts. Either it's true or it's not. So, if you fail even once, how can I get my gumption up again to believe you this time around? Just to have you do it again. And again. And again.

So, I do believe in science, but with a grain of salt so to speak. I realize it's the latest idea, and they are smart people with generally good intentions, but still, just people a lot like me.

Similarly for me with religion. I do believe but with a grain of salt. Many would say that's not going to fly, I must believe exactly the same nonsense my intelligence knows to be false that they believe. Not going to do it. Is God sending me to hell for that? We'll see. If there is no god, I'm good. If there is a god, I'm still good. Clever boy no?

As you can see, neither my scientist friends nor my religious friends are going to be all warm and fuzzy with my take on things, but that's why religion is such a hot button topic. Everyone is so sure they got the answer, follow me. Nuh uh. I'll make my own way thank you and you do the same. And may your journey be long and full of happiness and love...
:hug:


Just for the record, Science changing its stance on things as new data and information becomes available, is not only a good thing, but how its actually supposed to work. Science is about finding the best possible answer, with what current evidence they have at their disposable. New information comes along to prove you wrong? you should change your mind. thats what science does. Science is the most powerful tool in mans arsenal, and it should be respected as such, a tool to help us in understanding.



Religion is the opposite. It is mired down in often unchanging tradition, and says, "believe this because of feels, not because of the evidence". Thats why its called faith, not fact. It is based on ancient rules and laws, that either never change, or do so with little variance to the original. People have religious faith in something that is not, and cannot be proven, because it gives them purpose, feels, or whatever else, not because its demontrated to be true.
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: The Covid

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:53 am

I deleted my last post because I realized I'd gone against one of my prime directives which is trying to explain what I feel and why. In an effort to get to know someone, I share my point of view on a variety of subjects, and they do the same. Then, if we're destined to go on after that, we know how the other thinks more or less. I'm not into changing minds generally. It usually isn't possible with many subjects. Better to just say it, and let the chips fall where they may. You'll like me or not and vice versa, and neither should be too upset if it doesn't work out. All too common that is. But, that being said, I have an above average tolerance for bs. It's not an immediate knockout factor, because I'm full of it myself. So, I have my litmus tests, but they're things that I cannot tolerate. Examples being unnecessary violence, tendency towards hatred, deception, betrayal, that sort of stuff. A man has to have some boundaries...

:)
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 15762
Forum Title: YoFiend

Re: The Covid

Postby DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:17 am

Oh thats no problem Erwyle. I probably should calm myself down a bit too lol. I tend to be a bit trigger happy when defending one of my core values. I usually don't go trying change minds, just explaining why i think a certain way. I hope and expect everyone to do the same thing when they feel the need too, and im hopimg everyone understands my reasons.



Wishing yall the best. :heart:
Image

Formerly CountryDude89
User avatar
DinosaurNerd89 (11877186)
YoWorld Level: 208
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 18, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 22138
Forum Title: YoCrazy
Location: Formerly CountryDude89

Re: The Covid

Postby Cracked (126579776) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:18 am

Erwyle (187240896) wrote:I deleted my last post because I realized I'd gone against one of my prime directives which is trying to explain what I feel and why. In an effort to get to know someone, I share my point of view on a variety of subjects, and they do the same. Then, if we're destined to go on after that, we know how the other thinks more or less. I'm not into changing minds generally. It usually isn't possible with many subjects. Better to just say it, and let the chips fall where they may. You'll like me or not and vice versa, and neither should be too upset if it doesn't work out. All too common that is. But, that being said, I have an above average tolerance for bs. It's not an immediate knockout factor, because I'm full of it myself. So, I have my litmus tests, but they're things that I cannot tolerate. Examples being unnecessary violence, tendency towards hatred, deception, betrayal, that sort of stuff. A man has to have some boundaries...

:)

Great way to tackle life. :thumbsup:

I've always pushed people to seek answers. It's who I am. I'll never believe that all truth is known. What we know, how we perceive it, and most importantly - how we allow it to affect our life, these are the core of defining ourselves. Accordingly, we often tend to filter the new data we assimilate through our predetermined filters. In other words, when we are exposed to an idea, we define it as truth or lie based on what we already think. This is an anathema against growth. In my own journey, I've found myself guilty of this a 1000 times. It's hard to stare into a mirror and realize I've lied to myself. But it happens more than it should, and pride is an evil accomplice in that crime.
Image

No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude - Karl Popper
User avatar
Cracked (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 428
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 47227
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: The Covid

Postby Erwyle (187240896) » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:06 pm

DinosaurNerd89 (11877186) wrote:Oh thats no problem Erwyle. I probably should calm myself down a bit too lol. I tend to be a bit trigger happy when defending one of my core values. I usually don't go trying change minds, just explaining why i think a certain way. I hope and expect everyone to do the same thing when they feel the need too, and im hopimg everyone understands my reasons.



Wishing yall the best. :heart:


Right back atcha. Nothing but love in the room...
:hug:
User avatar

Erwyle (187240896)
YoWorld Level: 332
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 05, 2016
 
Forum Posts: 15762
Forum Title: YoFiend

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions