Anyone have mirgane remindes

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:02 pm

Anyone know any natural or in store remedies for chronic migraines?
ImageImage
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2995
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:54 pm

Depends on the type
if the pain generates up your neck and around top of your ear its stress related and massage helps
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 295
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4662
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Cereza (160279019) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Ask your doctor about Imitrex. It is literally the only thing that helps me when I get migraines, but you need a prescription for it. Other than that, try to catch it before it becomes too painful. If you're as prone to migraines as I am, you can feel when it's coming. So, before it becomes a migraine, take about 2-3 Tylenol pills or whichever headache relief medicine works best for you.
ImageImage
User avatar

Cereza (160279019)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 922
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: California

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:33 pm

Cereza (160279019) wrote:Ask your doctor about Imitrex. It is literally the only thing that helps me when I get migraines, but you need a prescription for it. Other than that, try to catch it before it becomes too painful. If you're as prone to migraines as I am, you can feel when it's coming. So, before it becomes a migraine, take about 2-3 Tylenol pills or whichever headache relief medicine works best for you.
I'm calling them in the a.m. they have had me off my migraine meds for half a year
ImageImage
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2995
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Cereza (160279019) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:54 pm

Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:
Cereza (160279019) wrote:Ask your doctor about Imitrex. It is literally the only thing that helps me when I get migraines, but you need a prescription for it. Other than that, try to catch it before it becomes too painful. If you're as prone to migraines as I am, you can feel when it's coming. So, before it becomes a migraine, take about 2-3 Tylenol pills or whichever headache relief medicine works best for you.
I'm calling them in the a.m. they have had me off my migraine meds for half a year

I'm glad you're calling! There are studies that show doctors are more likely to dismiss your health concerns or gaslight you if you are a woman, so remember you are your biggest advocate! You let them know exactly what you're feeling and don't let them brush it off. I hope you find some relief soon! :hug: :heart:
ImageImage
User avatar

Cereza (160279019)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: May 24, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 922
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: California

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Cereza (160279019) wrote:
Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:
Cereza (160279019) wrote:Ask your doctor about Imitrex. It is literally the only thing that helps me when I get migraines, but you need a prescription for it. Other than that, try to catch it before it becomes too painful. If you're as prone to migraines as I am, you can feel when it's coming. So, before it becomes a migraine, take about 2-3 Tylenol pills or whichever headache relief medicine works best for you.
I'm calling them in the a.m. they have had me off my migraine meds for half a year

I'm glad you're calling! There are studies that show doctors are more likely to dismiss your health concerns or gaslight you if you are a woman, so remember you are your biggest advocate! You let them know exactly what you're feeling and don't let them brush it off. I hope you find some relief soon! :hug: :heart:

My dr is a women and well shes not very bright
ImageImage
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2995
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:37 pm

I use essential oils like Lavender or Eucalyptus and put it on a warm towel and lay it over my head. Rotate your temples with your fingers....It works on me. Good luck. Those are not fun. :sad:
User avatar
JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4465
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Down the rabbit hole in NYC

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 am

JustDucky (132308143) wrote:I use essential oils like Lavender or Eucalyptus and put it on a warm towel and lay it over my head. Rotate your temples with your fingers....It works on me. Good luck. Those are not fun. :sad:

Oh I'm in luck I have those.gotta they that thank you
ImageImage
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 2995
Forum Title: YoLover
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Mizz Libra (136290570) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:14 am

That sounds great. I did the temple rotations before but had no clue about the eucalyptus and lavender on warm towel.
Whenever possible I try to get as much darkness and silence when a migraine attack hits me.

JustDucky (132308143) wrote:I use essential oils like Lavender or Eucalyptus and put it on a warm towel and lay it over my head. Rotate your temples with your fingers....It works on me. Good luck. Those are not fun. :sad:
❤Click signature to visit me ❤
Image
For contests and more check out my Yo group on Facebook: YoZodiacs
User avatar

Mizz Libra (136290570)
YoWorld Level: 452
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 21, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 29733
Forum Title: YoManiac
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby Denna (10205906) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:38 am

Yoga and lavender oil really works! I am talking from my own experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFkAl5wHEbg

Get well soon :)
ImageImage
It's Scorpio season!
User avatar
Denna (10205906)
YoWorld Level: 307
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 25, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 11788
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow...

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby ChristineYo2008 (4327680) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:47 pm

I put a heating pad on a pillow and then put my head on that.

This isn't a natural remedy, but since you mentioned anxiety in another place, have you ever tried Effexor? I've been taking it off-label for about 8 years to prevent seizures induced by migraines. It works better for me than any of the migraine medications did.
Image
♥ Anyone is welcome to add me as a Buddy. ♥
HomeYoAngelsFull Wish ListAvailable for Trade(s)
User avatar

ChristineYo2008 (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 253
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 964
Forum Title: YoSupporter
Location: Northeastern US

Re: Anyone have mirgane remindes

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:16 pm

I heard about a piercing that rids them-but also a big nono is a screen-phones and computers are really bad for people with migraines..lemme look up that piercing.
Image
Daith piercing and migraines

A daith piercing attempts to replicate acupuncture and may reduce the symptoms of a migraine.

Daith piercing has recently grown in popularity as a potential treatment for migraines.

This type of body piercing involves the piercing of the innermost cartilage fold of the ear.

In an attempt to replicate acupuncture, the daith piercing is applied to the same part of the ear where an acupuncture needle is inserted.

Practitioners believe people with migraines will experience fewer symptoms after a daith piercing.

Some of those who have had the daith piercing claim that it has reduced the occurrence and impact of their migraines.
Image
User avatar

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 48376
Forum Title: YoManiac


Return to General Discussions