Any one else have mental health issues ?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:11 pm

Shiver (126579776) wrote:Image

Wish it where the case but I was diagnosed way back in 2015
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2995
Forum Title: YoLover

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:08 pm

My journey down this road actually started when I was 8 ..I was told by my drs I had an eating disorder as I was starving myself to look like all the other little girls
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:10 pm

So between eating diaorders,sucidal thoughts,panic attacks I had to go see a psychiatrist then another and another I've seen about 4 so far and I'm on my 2nd therapist
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:13 pm

The depression and two forms of anxiety along with ptsd and panic disorder didt come in until I was about 17ish and I may have gone on suffering in silence had I not had multiple break downs in my high school
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:14 pm

I want to erase the stigma around being mentally ill and I know for a fact that when you have others to talk to it's an uplifting feeling
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby TL Kira (187264144) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Keli Jo :hug: you sound a lot like me, and have a similar story. Hang in there, it's a nasty world and we are fragile on our own.
I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with eating disorders. I've been through anorexia and I know how it feels.

There's a spot in the sunshine for you as well. You might have to walk distances to find it, but it exists. :heart:
Gloomten intolerant
ImageImage
My rooms | WTB | Trash can
TL Kira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5498
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:37 pm

TL Kira (187264144) wrote:Keli Jo :hug: you sound a lot like me, and have a similar story. Hang in there, it's a nasty world and we are fragile on our own.
I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling with eating disorders. I've been through anorexia and I know how it feels.

There's a spot in the sunshine for you as well. You might have to walk distances to find it, but it exists. :heart:

Thank you I'm struggling real bad lately but I'm also hanging in :hug:
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Death Dealer (126579776) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:52 pm

I've always hated the trite little quips that people try to pass out to people struggling with real feelings and thoughts that torment them. So I won't give you one here. What I do think works is the cheering, and I have learned to do that as best as I can.

I see through the cracks in your posts, because that is what I am trained to do as an auditor. And as a trained counselor, I have a lot of weapons at my disposal. Miss Keli Jo, you are not the sum of the lies your emotions try to feed to you. You are not limited by your thoughts and the way they try to fence you in. You are obviously brave, intelligent, and kind from what you've already shared and posted. You are also a fighter and you want the life you've imagined for yourself. So stand tall and look up and scan your future. Fight for the things that matter to your heart. Battle your demons where they live and make them fear your name. Rally your team and draw them close around you. You can win. You will win. Never doubt your ability. Never lose hope. In your darkest moments, find the power to summon the good in you. Know that there are millions around you fighting the same monsters and that they win every day.....just like you.

I'm not here to bullsh*t you. The fight sucks and its not fair. But most of what you fight are lies and deception. Smoke and shadow. So burn brightly young lady. "Shine bright like a diamond" as Rhianna says. Sparkle under that pressure and kick its ass. We will all be cheering..........

:thumbsup: :hug:

Whatever you are not changing, you are choosing. - Laurie Buchanan
Death Dealer (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35292
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Shiver (126579776) wrote:I've always hated the trite little quips that people try to pass out to people struggling with real feelings and thoughts that torment them. So I won't give you one here. What I do think works is the cheering, and I have learned to do that as best as I can.

I see through the cracks in your posts, because that is what I am trained to do as an auditor. And as a trained counselor, I have a lot of weapons at my disposal. Miss Keli Jo, you are not the sum of the lies your emotions try to feed to you. You are not limited by your thoughts and the way they try to fence you in. You are obviously brave, intelligent, and kind from what you've already shared and posted. You are also a fighter and you want the life you've imagined for yourself. So stand tall and look up and scan your future. Fight for the things that matter to your heart. Battle your demons where they live and make them fear your name. Rally your team and draw them close around you. You can win. You will win. Never doubt your ability. Never lose hope. In your darkest moments, find the power to summon the good in you. Know that there are millions around you fighting the same monsters and that they win every day.....just like you.

I'm not here to bullsh*t you. The fight sucks and its not fair. But most of what you fight are lies and deception. Smoke and shadow. So burn brightly young lady. "Shine bright like a diamond" as Rhianna says. Sparkle under that pressure and kick its ass. We will all be cheering..........

:thumbsup: :hug:

Lovely post. :rose: :heart:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18436
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby sue twoPLUSH (113201761) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:04 am

Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:Yo is actually my escape and it's where I get the support I need ..I have made any good friends on here

It's my escape too...... I have a grand daughter who struggles with autism/depression and anxiety..... we are raising her..... her mother (now passed) had bipolar disorder that wore me down to a nub. This was and is a place to come and unwind.....

I have had many people send me pm's with private info..sharing with me about their lives...and it helps me not feel so alone. I am also disabled and can no longer work....in pain alot. Miss being out in the public.... I don't post as much as I used to on forums... I lurk alot....
Many thanks to everyone who has reached out at one time or another with kind words and comfort... :hug: :heart: :hug:

sue twoPLUSH (113201761)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 11480
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby sue twoPLUSH (113201761) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:12 am

Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:
BadMoon (153955457) wrote:Anxiety and Depression and Rage, and thankfully i can now say im medicated to keep it all under control, as i myself cant control it. Am i ashamed NO, figure mine came honestly.

I'm not ashamed I feel like it's okay to hav this out in the open to erase the stigma that goes with talking about these things

No need to feel ashamed about ANYTHING. Everyone has something going on.... some are just able to hide it better.......and when you have a chemical imbalance, there is nothing you did to create that.... thankfully there are some meds that do help even things out. People are people.... flawed human beings...... :hug: :heart:

sue twoPLUSH (113201761)
YoWorld Level: 358
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 10, 2009

Forum Posts: 11480
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:28 pm

sue twoPLUSH (113201761) wrote:
Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:Yo is actually my escape and it's where I get the support I need ..I have made any good friends on here

It's my escape too...... I have a grand daughter who struggles with autism/depression and anxiety..... we are raising her..... her mother (now passed) had bipolar disorder that wore me down to a nub. This was and is a place to come and unwind.....

I have had many people send me pm's with private info..sharing with me about their lives...and it helps me not feel so alone. I am also disabled and can no longer work....in pain alot. Miss being out in the public.... I don't post as much as I used to on forums... I lurk alot....
Many thanks to everyone who has reached out at one time or another with kind words and comfort... :hug: :heart: :hug:

Hugs and prayers going out to you, Suetwo. :hug: :rose:

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:49 pm

sue twoPLUSH (113201761) wrote:
BadMoon (153955457) wrote:Anxiety and Depression and Rage, and thankfully i can now say im medicated to keep it all under control, as i myself cant control it. Am i ashamed NO, figure mine came honestly.

I'm not ashamed I feel like it's okay to hav this out in the open to erase the stigma that goes with talking about these things

No need to feel ashamed about ANYTHING. Everyone has something going on.... some are just able to hide it better.......and when you have a chemical imbalance, there is nothing you did to create that.... thankfully there are some meds that do help even things out. People are people.... flawed human beings...... :hug: :heart:

Many many hugs for you :hug:
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) wrote:Due to all the trauma I have went through in my life I have PTSD
I also have
Depression
Anxiety with serve panic attacks at times :sick:
:dizzy:

Me love you Elf :heart:

Aww Elfie great "BIG" {{{HUG}}} and for you all who suffer through these hard moments, I have a few friends who deal with same disorders, I just listen and let them say what their feeling even if I don't have what there going through I still love them enough to.

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 1071
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Patricia (106944655) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am

Yup it runs in my family .....i just have a hard time talking about it...

I think you guys are really brave to talk about it, my heart goes goes out to everyone and thank you for sharing, it meant a lot to me.

Patricia (106944655)
YoWorld Level: 276
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 30, 2009

Forum Posts: 1280

Postby Dalaney (109964930) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:25 am

Anxiety... Panic Attacks, Hives, etc. I'm a nervous wreck 99% of the time. I just recently became medicated, about two months ago. I've been judged harshly from a few but I'd rather be happy!! Some people don't understand how hard it is to live with and how hard it is to just make it stop. ❤️

Dalaney (109964930)
YoWorld Level: 291
YoWorld Start Date: Jul 25, 2009

Forum Posts: 5018
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby Death Dealer (126579776) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:37 am

Patricia (106944655) wrote:Yup it runs in my family .....i just have a hard time talking about it...

I think you guys are really brave to talk about it, my heart goes goes out to everyone and thank you for sharing, it meant a lot to me.

I'm proud of you for posting. Talking about the elephant in the room is often how we take its power and turn it into a mouse. The fastest way to cripple an emotion/thought is to get it out with someone who will listen compassionately and talk you through it.

I often see what I call "tracks" in destructive thought processes and emotions that minds and hearts tend to travel down because they've always gone down the same one. Laying new "tracks" is not easy. The things that programmed them when we were children and young adults are often difficult to identify and remove. But everyone in here is worth the effort. Never give up. I found this a while back and it still chokes me up every time I read it because the truth of it is so powerful.

Whatever you are not changing, you are choosing. - Laurie Buchanan
Death Dealer (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35292
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Juliet Starlet (104749345) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:17 am

Anxiety, Depression, Social anxiety, PTSD, low self-esteem

Playing YoWorld daily helps with my anxiety. I like the decorating and dressing my avatar up.
Last edited by Juliet Starlet (104749345) on Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juliet Starlet (104749345)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 08, 2009

Forum Posts: 17
Forum Title: YoRookie

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:20 am

Ruin (126579776) wrote:
Patricia (106944655) wrote:Yup it runs in my family .....i just have a hard time talking about it...

I'm proud of you for posting. Talking about the elephant in the room is often how we take its power and turn it into a mouse. The fastest way to cripple an emotion/thought is to get it out with someone who will listen compassionately and talk you through it.

I often see what I call "tracks" in destructive thought processes and emotions that minds and hearts tend to travel down because they've always gone down the same one. Laying new "tracks" is not easy. The things that programmed them when we were children and young adults are often difficult to identify and remove. But everyone in here is worth the effort. Never give up. I found this a while back and it still chokes me up every time I read it because the truth of it is so powerful.

Thank you for posting this, Rod. It resonates all too well. :hug:

Postby XtraSw33tCandy (170644823) » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:26 am

TL Kira (187264144) wrote:Keli Jo :hug: you sound a lot like me, and have a similar story. Hang in there, it's a nasty world and we are fragile on our own.

Thank you I'm struggling real bad lately but I'm also hanging in :hug:

It's hard to give advise to someone if they never walked in their shoes, and honestly they shouldn't if they have know Idea what you're going through. I give you a thumbs :thumbsup: up for even making it public, it just shows your are stronger then you think :heart: Just keep motivating yourself and be with those who support you. You're very brave for even posting and I'm sure it's helpful to others and for that I applaud you :trophy: and to all who posted.

XtraSw33tCandy (170644823)
YoWorld Level: 273
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 02, 2010

Forum Posts: 1071

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions