Any one else have mental health issues ?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Darth Sippycup (126579776) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:06 pm

Christine (4327680) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world.

I'm very surprised. I wouldn't have guessed that, at all.

Rod (126579776) wrote:I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

Pfft. Christine just reads a lot. When I can't sleep at night, I fall down rabbit holes.

I'm told I'm exactly the same online and IRL. If anything, I'm still a little toned down here. I've been on one forum with a large group since 2004, and many of us have met, hung out, etc. I'm also an open book on Facebook, much to my family's dismay. They think I should share less.

Yo is my escape from illness. That's why I'm here so much all of a sudden. I've dealt with major illness my whole life, but then was diagnosed with breast cancer last year only a few months before my husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Suffice to say, it was a crappy year. He's recovering now, and I finish a year of chemo this month and still have a couple more surgeries to go. I got back into Yo and I'm here so often because I had to more or less stop working for a while. My Yo runs around and plays while I lie on the sofa or in bed.

I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want anyone to think I was fishing for gifts, but you guys are crazy gift-givers regardless. :haha:

Well you are always welcome in here. I hope Yo is super fun for you. And I don't gift people, so you are safe. But I do help people find things when they need them. So don't hesitate to holler if you need help finding a special something for a project. I'm like a vacuum that sucks up the oddities of Yo.

:smug:
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar
Darth Sippycup (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 40051
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:15 pm

Michaela (123232925) wrote:
Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:
Michaela (123232925) wrote:Yes, anxiety and depression.

What annoys me most is when people act like or say stuff like " you don't look like someone who has depression."
Depression is like cancer, it doesn't care who you are or what you look like, it will take you and swallow you whole.

This is exactly what I deal with

Its ridiculous!! With me ...its like yes, I appear confident and make an effort to look good, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel like i'm dying inside.

I know how thay goes all to well
Image
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3968
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Chris (4327680) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:34 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
Christine (4327680) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world.

I'm very surprised. I wouldn't have guessed that, at all.

Rod (126579776) wrote:I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

Pfft. Christine just reads a lot. When I can't sleep at night, I fall down rabbit holes.

I'm told I'm exactly the same online and IRL. If anything, I'm still a little toned down here. I've been on one forum with a large group since 2004, and many of us have met, hung out, etc. I'm also an open book on Facebook, much to my family's dismay. They think I should share less.

Yo is my escape from illness. That's why I'm here so much all of a sudden. I've dealt with major illness my whole life, but then was diagnosed with breast cancer last year only a few months before my husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Suffice to say, it was a crappy year. He's recovering now, and I finish a year of chemo this month and still have a couple more surgeries to go. I got back into Yo and I'm here so often because I had to more or less stop working for a while. My Yo runs around and plays while I lie on the sofa or in bed.

I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want anyone to think I was fishing for gifts, but you guys are crazy gift-givers regardless. :haha:

Well you are always welcome in here. I hope Yo is super fun for you. And I don't gift people, so you are safe. But I do help people find things when they need them. So don't hesitate to holler if you need help finding a special something for a project. I'm like a vacuum that sucks up the oddities of Yo.

:smug:

Thank you. :hug: I have been having a great time there and here,
Let's not have a double standard. One standard will do just fine. (George Carlin)
#BLM Black Lives Matter (It doesn't mean that other lives don't. It means that black lives matter, too.)

Full Wish ListTrade or Sell House
User avatar

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 3472
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Northeastern US

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:40 pm

Christine (4327680) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world.

I'm very surprised. I wouldn't have guessed that, at all.

Rod (126579776) wrote:I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

Pfft. Christine just reads a lot. When I can't sleep at night, I fall down rabbit holes.

I'm told I'm exactly the same online and IRL. If anything, I'm still a little toned down here. I've been on one forum with a large group since 2004, and many of us have met, hung out, etc. I'm also an open book on Facebook, much to my family's dismay. They think I should share less.

Yo is my escape from illness. That's why I'm here so much all of a sudden. I've dealt with major illness my whole life, but then was diagnosed with breast cancer last year only a few months before my husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Suffice to say, it was a crappy year. He's recovering now, and I finish a year of chemo this month and still have a couple more surgeries to go. I got back into Yo and I'm here so often because I had to more or less stop working for a while. My Yo runs around and plays while I lie on the sofa or in bed.

I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want anyone to think I was fishing for gifts, but you guys are crazy gift-givers regardless. :haha:


Sorry to hear what you have been through, I had cancer in the past and I know chemo is not something easy to deal with. I stop mine bcause it was killing me. I hope you and your husband get better every day. :rose:
Image
Imitation might be the highest form of flattery but it reflects the lowest level of intelligence and imagination.
User avatar

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 16768
Forum Title: Auction House Hero
Location: Some people need a high five...in the face... with a chair.

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Chris (4327680) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Thank you. I hope you're OK, too.
Let's not have a double standard. One standard will do just fine. (George Carlin)
#BLM Black Lives Matter (It doesn't mean that other lives don't. It means that black lives matter, too.)

Full Wish ListTrade or Sell House
User avatar

Chris (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 3472
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Northeastern US

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Richford (3429282) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:44 pm

I love that there is a thread about this. I think mental health is super important and just as important as physical health. It should be talked about more often than it actually is. You all are so brave for sharing your stories / experiences.
Black Lives Matter.
User avatar
Richford (3429282)
YoWorld Level: 206
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 11, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 2935
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby JustJo (106622274) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:44 am

:hug: pinky and Keli and Christine and even Rod-Pinky I understand and feel for you all too well,kinda dumb thing to say but you are someone who "gets it" without explaining-hell,there isn't enough space online or hours in a day offline to try to explain about a disease. I use to play the song..hold on for one more day by wilson phillips and even sang it many times...that's just what some have to do :heart:
Image
User avatar

JustJo (106622274)
YoWorld Level: 280
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 65858
Forum Title: YoManiac

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:51 am

JustJo (106622274) wrote::hug: pinky and Keli and Christine and even Rod-Pinky I understand and feel for you all too well,kinda dumb thing to say but you are someone who "gets it" without explaining-hell,there isn't enough space online or hours in a day offline to try to explain about a disease. I use to play the song..hold on for one more day by wilson phillips and even sang it many times...that's just what some have to do :heart:

Pictures of positive thinking is bringing me through my dark period
Image
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3968
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby TexanSouthern (103681266) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Due to all the trauma I have went through in my life I have PTSD
I also have
Depression
Anxiety with serve panic attacks at times :sick:
:dizzy:
Image
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
User avatar

TexanSouthern (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10599
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Lost in Texas backwoods...

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:23 pm

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) wrote:Due to all the trauma I have went through in my life I have PTSD
I also have
Depression
Anxiety with serve panic attacks at times :sick:
:dizzy:


Me love you Elf :heart:
Image
Imitation might be the highest form of flattery but it reflects the lowest level of intelligence and imagination.
User avatar

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 306
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008
 
Forum Posts: 16768
Forum Title: Auction House Hero
Location: Some people need a high five...in the face... with a chair.

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Lippy (185643699) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:36 pm

if you're going through what feels like almost crippling and constant anxiety, try this when you need a break https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfcAVejslrU


“Weightless” — resulted in a striking 65 percent reduction in participants' overall anxiety, and a 35 percent reduction in their usual physiological resting rates. ... The group that created “Weightless”, Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists.

According to a marketing study conducted by Dr. David Lewis-Hodgson, the most relaxing song in the world is Weightless, by ambient band Marconi Union.
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
User avatar
Lippy (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 12484
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: nowhere

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Darth Sippycup (126579776) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:46 pm

Image
Image

Mad Hatter - Have I gone mad?
Alice - I'm afraid so. Entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.
User avatar
Darth Sippycup (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 283
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 40051
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend
Location: Presiding Over Mayhem & Nonsense

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby TexanSouthern (103681266) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:42 pm

Pinkylola (235554) wrote:
ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) wrote:Due to all the trauma I have went through in my life I have PTSD
I also have
Depression
Anxiety with serve panic attacks at times :sick:
:dizzy:


Me love you Elf :heart:

I love you too Pinky :heart: :hug:
Image
Remember to load your brain before you shoot your mouth off - Old Farmer's Advice
User avatar

TexanSouthern (103681266)
YoWorld Level: 300
YoWorld Start Date: May 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10599
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Lost in Texas backwoods...

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:43 pm

Anxiety, bad. I took Xanax for a few years but learned coping skills. Had a recent tragedy happen and it's returned and the old coping skills aren't working. Heard a song yesterday that made me lol.
"I'd rather be crazy than to take these pills. I'm sick of being ok against my will."
I felt that.
Big hugs to anyone struggling :heart:
Image
User avatar

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 12413
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Yozone

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Lippy (185643699) » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:40 pm

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:Anxiety, bad. I took Xanax for a few years but learned coping skills. Had a recent tragedy happen and it's returned and the old coping skills aren't working. Heard a song yesterday that made me lol.
"I'd rather be crazy than to take these pills. I'm sick of being ok against my will."
I felt that.
Big hugs to anyone struggling :heart:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
User avatar
Lippy (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 12484
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: nowhere

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Lippy (185643699) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:07 am

another one to try. quite different to the first one i posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCIhBPlZRkI
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply - Stephen R. Covey
User avatar
Lippy (185643699)
YoWorld Level: 389
YoWorld Start Date: Feb 28, 2014
 
Forum Posts: 12484
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: nowhere

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:31 am

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:Anxiety, bad. I took Xanax for a few years but learned coping skills. Had a recent tragedy happen and it's returned and the old coping skills aren't working. Heard a song yesterday that made me lol.
"I'd rather be crazy than to take these pills. I'm sick of being ok against my will."
I felt that.
Big hugs to anyone struggling :heart:


:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :rose:
Image
Image
User avatar

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 340
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 19679
Forum Title: YoAddict

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Alicen Chains (155870363) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:11 am

Much love Riff and Smitten Kitten :hug:
Wage war on anything that brings you down :drink: :heart:
Image
User avatar

Alicen Chains (155870363)
YoWorld Level: 314
YoWorld Start Date: Apr 06, 2010
 
Forum Posts: 12413
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Yozone

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:09 pm

ELFTexanCowgirl (103681266) wrote:Due to all the trauma I have went through in my life I have PTSD
I also have
Depression
Anxiety with serve panic attacks at times :sick:
:dizzy:

Many hugs to you I have all that and I can relate
Image
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3968
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 pm

Alicen Chains (155870363) wrote:Anxiety, bad. I took Xanax for a few years but learned coping skills. Had a recent tragedy happen and it's returned and the old coping skills aren't working. Heard a song yesterday that made me lol.
"I'd rather be crazy than to take these pills. I'm sick of being ok against my will."
I felt that.
Big hugs to anyone struggling :heart:

Hugs
Image
User avatar

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 3968
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: ..totally not watching serial killer docs

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussions