Any one else have mental health issues ?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:10 am

I find comfort in knowing I'm not alone. Also I feel this is something a lot.of people probably struggle with and feel alone . So I'll be the first to say Hi I'm mentally ill as in anxiety and depression . Anyone who would like to to discuss this heres the thread.
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)
YoWorld Level: 298
YoWorld Start Date: Jun 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 2850
Forum Title: YoLover

Re: Any one else have mental health issues ?

Postby Stain (126579776) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:50 am

The world loves to label us in any way they can. They like to put us in boxes and classify us and sift us and give us titles so they can more readily process and dismiss who and what we are. I've never looked at anxiety and depression as a mental health issue. Everyone I know has experienced these things. We all get down and sit under a cloud at times. Some people do so more than others, but that doesn't mean it is a clinical disorder........unless you are a shrink trying to generate revenue.

I think "mental health" is something we all struggle with in different ways. We get out of balance with our emotions and our thoughts and we don't know how to recenter ourselves. The mind is a dark place, but it is also a place where brightness lives. The trick is learning how to tap that brightness....even when we ain't feelin it. There's no magic potion or pill or cure for anxiety and depression. I have used a trick since high school that always works for me when I get down. I have typed out a document about myself that is now dozens of pages. Within it I have listed everything positive I have ever done, ever succeeded at, all my positive attributes, my character, and everything I want myself to be and accomplish. When I can't drop the funk, I pull that file up and READ IT OUT LOUD to my stupid brain. I force it to get on the right track. Sometimes it takes a while, but eventually my mind has to release the crap because it can't focus on the negative when it is SPEAKING the positive.

We so easily forget our goodness when it is always right there for the remembering. We just have to do it. :hug:

Then the rainstorm came over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my belief, you see
And realized my mistake
But time threw a prayer to me
And all around me became still

I need love, love divine- Seal
Stain (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35057
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby ChristineYo2018 (4327680) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:13 am

I think Keli Jo is talking about clinical/chronic depression and Rod is talking about situational/transient depression. The former is linked to everything from chemical and hormonal imbalances to abnormal activity in neural circuits. Many of those can be treated medically and people can live very different lives when properly medicated.
If something can be taken the wrong way or another way, I meant it the other way.
HomeYoAngelsFull Wish ListAvailable for Trade(s)

ChristineYo2018 (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 712
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:15 am

Christine (4327680) wrote:I think Keli Jo is talking about clinical/chronic depression and Rod is talking about situational/transient depression. The former is linked to everything from chemical and hormonal imbalances to abnormal activity in neural circuits. Many of those can be treated medically and people can live very different lives when properly medicated.

Yes I just wanted to make a thread for others who may feel alone
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:16 am

I'm not out to shame anyone I just know that when you talk to other people about not being okay mentally it lifts you up
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:17 am

Yep. Hello Anxiety and Depression... :angel:

Smitten Kitten (136864592)
YoWorld Level: 330
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 24, 2009

Forum Posts: 18367
Forum Title: YoAddict

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:17 am

I wanted to make thread that's kind of like a place where anyone who feels down can vent and discuss
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Stain (126579776) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:18 pm

One of the things I love about Yo is that we can come here and be anything or anyone we want. I never get upset when I find out people are actually different than what they claim to be in here, because this entire game is a FANTASY WORLD. The escapism that Yo provides is therapeutic. In here everyone can be rich. Everyone can be gorgeous. Everyone can be whatever.........and that includes leaving anxiety and depression behind. That is kind of magical to me.

My own personal inconsistency is that I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world. That is my nature. But in Yo I can exorcise those demons and be the extrovert I'd like to be. It is all in fun. And I love that so many people can escape in the same way. I can't tell you the number of buddies I've had who had physical limitations that Yo allowed them to escape. When you have no legs and are basically a shut in, Yo is liberating. When you are an emotional hermit, Yo can be a god send. When you don't feel confidence, Yo can build it. The list goes on and on. The therapy this game provides is unlimited.

The only place the "pretending" is a risk in here is when people start using Yo to date. Then it is very important for people to be honest about who they really are. I've seen what the catfishing can do to people in Yo and it isn't pretty. Real relationships are built on honesty and integrity. Those aren't possible when a player chooses to "pretend" themselves into someone's life.

This is a fun thread. I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

Then the rainstorm came over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my belief, you see
And realized my mistake
But time threw a prayer to me
And all around me became still

I need love, love divine- Seal
Stain (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 35057
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Yo is actually my escape and it's where I get the support I need ..I have made any good friends on here
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby BadMoon (153955457) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:55 pm

Anxiety and Depression and Rage, and thankfully i can now say im medicated to keep it all under control, as i myself cant control it. Am i ashamed NO, figure mine came honestly.

BadMoon (153955457)
YoWorld Level: 321
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 21, 2010

Forum Posts: 10147
Forum Title: YoBeliever

Postby Pinkylola (235554) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Mine is not usually called mental disorder is more like a behaviour disorder. :?: :thumbsup:

Whatever you hear about me, please believe it. I no longer have the time to explain myself.
You can also add some if you want.

Pinkylola (235554)
YoWorld Level: 301
YoWorld Start Date: May 31, 2008

Forum Posts: 13719
Forum Title: Auction House Hero

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:One of the things I love about Yo is that we can come here and be anything or anyone we want. I never get upset when I find out people are actually different than what they claim to be in here, because this entire game is a FANTASY WORLD. The escapism that Yo provides is therapeutic. In here everyone can be rich. Everyone can be gorgeous. Everyone can be whatever.........and that includes leaving anxiety and depression behind. That is kind of magical to me.

My own personal inconsistency is that I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world. That is my nature. But in Yo I can exorcise those demons and be the extrovert I'd like to be. It is all in fun. And I love that so many people can escape in the same way. I can't tell you the number of buddies I've had who had physical limitations that Yo allowed them to escape. When you have no legs and are basically a shut in, Yo is liberating. When you are an emotional hermit, Yo can be a god send. When you don't feel confidence, Yo can build it. The list goes on and on. The therapy this game provides is unlimited.

The only place the "pretending" is a risk in here is when people start using Yo to date. Then it is very important for people to be honest about who they really are. I've seen what the catfishing can do to people in Yo and it isn't pretty. Real relationships are built on honesty and integrity. Those aren't possible when a player chooses to "pretend" themselves into someone's life.

This is a fun thread. I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

This ^^^^ is exactly why I was part of the community that fought to save Yo. In the last decade, I have met SO many players where Yo is much, much more than 'just a game'...they play to pass the time in the hospital; they play because they are shut ins or in nursing homes; they play because they are disabled (in various ways)..etc..etc..etc The community we all have built here was..and continues to be..worth fighting for. :thumbsup:

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:46 pm

BadMoon (153955457) wrote:Anxiety and Depression and Rage, and thankfully i can now say im medicated to keep it all under control, as i myself cant control it. Am i ashamed NO, figure mine came honestly.

I'm not ashamed I feel like it's okay to hav this out in the open to erase the stigma that goes with talking about these things
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby TL Kira (187264144) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:47 pm

Big hugs to everyone here. :hug: :heart:
Gloomten intolerant
ImageImage
My rooms | WTB | Trash can
TL Kira (187264144)
YoWorld Level: 270
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 03, 2016

Forum Posts: 5498
Forum Title: YoDedicated

Postby ChristineYo2018 (4327680) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:55 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world.

I'm very surprised. I wouldn't have guessed that, at all.

Rod (126579776) wrote:I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

Pfft. Christine just reads a lot. When I can't sleep at night, I fall down rabbit holes.

I'm told I'm exactly the same online and IRL. If anything, I'm still a little toned down here. I've been on one forum with a large group since 2004, and many of us have met, hung out, etc. I'm also an open book on Facebook, much to my family's dismay. They think I should share less.

Yo is my escape from illness. That's why I'm here so much all of a sudden. I've dealt with major illness my whole life, but then was diagnosed with breast cancer last year only a few months before my husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Suffice to say, it was a crappy year. He's recovering now, and I finish a year of chemo this month and still have a couple more surgeries to go. I got back into Yo and I'm here so often because I had to more or less stop working for a while. My Yo runs around and plays while I lie on the sofa or in bed.

I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want anyone to think I was fishing for gifts, but you guys are crazy gift-givers regardless. :haha:
Last edited by ChristineYo2018 (4327680) on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If something can be taken the wrong way or another way, I meant it the other way.
HomeYoAngelsFull Wish ListAvailable for Trade(s)

ChristineYo2018 (4327680)
YoWorld Level: 252
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 30, 2008

Forum Posts: 712
Forum Title: YoSupporter

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:30 pm

TL Kira (187264144) wrote:Big hugs to everyone here. :hug: :heart:

:hug:
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Michaela (123232925) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:50 pm

Yes, anxiety and depression.

What annoys me most is when people act like or say stuff like " you don't look like someone who has depression."
Depression is like cancer, it doesn't care who you are or what you look like, it will take you and swallow you whole.
Michaela (123232925)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 1749
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Keli Jo (104439710) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:56 pm

Michaela (123232925) wrote:Yes, anxiety and depression.

What annoys me most is when people act like or say stuff like " you don't look like someone who has depression."
Depression is like cancer, it doesn't care who you are or what you look like, it will take you and swallow you whole.

This is exactly what I deal with
ImageImage

Keli Jo (104439710)

Postby Michaela (123232925) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Keli Jo (104439710) wrote:
Michaela (123232925) wrote:Yes, anxiety and depression.

This is exactly what I deal with

Its ridiculous!! With me ...its like yes, I appear confident and make an effort to look good, but that doesn't mean that I don't feel like i'm dying inside.
Last edited by Michaela (123232925) on Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michaela (123232925)
YoWorld Level: 257
YoWorld Start Date: Sep 20, 2009

Forum Posts: 1749
Forum Title: YoFan

Postby Smitten Kitten (136864592) » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Christine (4327680) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:I am very quiet and shy out here in the real world.

I'm very surprised. I wouldn't have guessed that, at all.

Rod (126579776) wrote:I think I'm going to let Christine psychoanalyze me later. She seems capable! :smug: :hug:

Pfft. Christine just reads a lot. When I can't sleep at night, I fall down rabbit holes.

I'm told I'm exactly the same online and IRL. If anything, I'm still a little toned down here. I've been on one forum with a large group since 2004, and many of us have met, hung out, etc. I'm also an open book on Facebook, much to my family's dismay. They think I should share less.

Yo is my escape from illness. That's why I'm here so much all of a sudden. I've dealt with major illness my whole life, but then was diagnosed with breast cancer last year only a few months before my husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Suffice to say, it was a crappy year. He's recovering now, and I finish a year of chemo this month and still have a couple more surgeries to go. I got back into Yo and I'm here so often because I had to more or less stop working for a while. My Yo runs around and plays while I lie on the sofa or in bed.

I wasn't going to say anything because I didn't want anyone to think I was fishing for gifts, but you guys are crazy gift-givers regardless. :haha:

:hug: :rose: :hug: :rose: :hug:

Next

Return to General Discussions