Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:56 pm

Does anyone have any creative plant-based recipes that they wouldn't mind sharing with me? I don't like to prepare and cook meat and I rarely consume dairy products. The only animal product that I eat regularly are eggs. I'm really interested in finding more creative recipes that consist more of plants and less of animal products. If you have any, I would love to hear them!
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10841
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:26 am

a lot of quick west indian recipes for veggies like Pumpkin tomatoes squash is satay some oil onion and garlic add the veggie and satay then add a bit of water and cook until very soft and mash ir down
great for breakfast with roti
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:12 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:a lot of quick west indian recipes for veggies like Pumpkin tomatoes squash is satay some oil onion and garlic add the veggie and satay then add a bit of water and cook until very soft and mash ir down
great for breakfast with roti


I've never tried that. Sounds yummy. I don't believe I've ever tried Indian food.
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10841
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:47 pm

West Indian foods are based on available material to indentured slaves SO basiclly what is plentiful form Island to island So theis has introduced me to some odd foods that taste great.

If you want a sustained veggie diet You need to research Indian foods they've been doing it forever.
Curried chick peas ( called Channa) is a protein stable and so tasty
Saag a cooked spinach dish
Bagin Aloo is a eggplant and potato dish
Choka is a roasted eggplant dish
curried long beans
ahhh Grand masala cauliflower with peas and potatoes is great
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby DAGGERDOLLY (135498958) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:26 am

Green papaya is wonderful if you can find it.
Peel it take out the seeds, cut into chunks, boil with some veggie broth, onion, and a can of unsweetened coconut milk until soft, add salt and pepper to taste.
Or peel green papaya take out seeds... Shred with a cheese grater add vinegar, sugar, and black pepper, chill then enjoy.
I enjoy almost all veggies especially cabbage, radishes, turnips, and squash they are all so versatile... So many different ways to cook and prepare them!

Get some smoked paprika and ghee to add a bacon like taste to any veggie!!
User avatar

DAGGERDOLLY (135498958)
YoWorld Level: 297
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 298
Forum Title: YoRegular
Location: ... putting it up in the air...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:49 am

Yeah green papaya would be a good substitute in a mango salad.
I use ripe papaya and make a simple syrup (equal amounts of water and sugar reduced to a syrup)
drizzle on papaya and sprinkle with nutmeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 am

Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto

Or I roast a huge tray of Peppers, Red onions, mushrooms, Cherry tomatoes, Garlic chillies and serve it up with grilled Halloumi and Salad yum

Roast a tray of Cauliflower Florets sprinkle some parmesan cheese and grated garlic on top delicious as it is or add to curry or Risotto instead of chicken
Last edited by THE SCORPIONS (184148760) on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3752
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Toink Toink (117686344) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:24 am

Mushrooms :drool:
Image
We are out of rice krispies har har
User avatar

Toink Toink (117686344)
YoWorld Level: 376
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 27, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 7796
Forum Title: YoEnthusiast
Location: Near the kitchen cause kitchen got food .. nom nom like pig

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:31 am

LOL mushrooms are delicious Ill fry them in butter and a s..t load of garlic
or wine ..drunk mushrooms
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:54 am

Heinz Baked beans on toast :haha:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3752
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:38 am

UKs major american import!
actually ok if you can manage to get them warm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Always (112546669) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 pm

I love the the spinach and strawberry salad, its yum

Heres the link with the recipe:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14276 ... h-salad-i/
ImageImage
User avatar
Always (112546669)
YoWorld Level: 271
YoWorld Start Date: Aug 07, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10118
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Costa Rica

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:29 pm

over half a million cans of baked beans are consumed every day in the UK.....thats a lot of gas :haha:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3752
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:47 pm

Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 4511
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Waiting for the Night boat

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Doofy (132308143) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 pm

have you ever had Eggplant parmesan? It's delicious or Kale chips made with olive oil and whatever seasonings you desire. They come out of the oven crisp like a chip.
Image
User avatar

Doofy (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4172
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Down the rabbit hole in NYC

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby Doofy (132308143) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:06 pm

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:Image

:haha:
Image
User avatar

Doofy (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 4172
Forum Title: YoGroupie
Location: Down the rabbit hole in NYC

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby THE SCORPIONS (184148760) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 am

World-wide, there are about 1.5 billion cows and bulls. All ruminants (animals which regurgitates food and re-chews it) on the world emit about two billion metric tons of CO2 per year. Plus the clearing of tropical forests and rain forests to get more grazing land and farm land is responsible for an extra 2.8 billion metric tons of CO2 emission per year.

Maybe a plant based diet is the way to save our planet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User avatar

THE SCORPIONS (184148760)
YoWorld Level: 294
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 27, 2012
 
Forum Posts: 3752
Forum Title: YoAficionado
Location: Somewhere out there

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:04 am

INSOMNIA (184182673) wrote:West Indian foods are based on available material to indentured slaves SO basiclly what is plentiful form Island to island So theis has introduced me to some odd foods that taste great.

If you want a sustained veggie diet You need to research Indian foods they've been doing it forever.
Curried chick peas ( called Channa) is a protein stable and so tasty
Saag a cooked spinach dish
Bagin Aloo is a eggplant and potato dish
Choka is a roasted eggplant dish
curried long beans
ahhh Grand masala cauliflower with peas and potatoes is great


Saag sounds amazing. Spinach is my favorite veggie by the way. :haha: I will research all of these. They sound so yummy!
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10841
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:08 am

DollyDagger (135498958) wrote:Green papaya is wonderful if you can find it.
Peel it take out the seeds, cut into chunks, boil with some veggie broth, onion, and a can of unsweetened coconut milk until soft, add salt and pepper to taste.
Or peel green papaya take out seeds... Shred with a cheese grater add vinegar, sugar, and black pepper, chill then enjoy.
I enjoy almost all veggies especially cabbage, radishes, turnips, and squash they are all so versatile... So many different ways to cook and prepare them!

Get some smoked paprika and ghee to add a bacon like taste to any veggie!!


Sounds delicious. :drool:
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10841
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Re: Plant-Based Recipe Ideas?

Postby MsPhantom (129173078) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:09 am

TUSCANY (184148760) wrote:Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto

Or I roast a huge tray of Peppers, Red onions, mushrooms, Cherry tomatoes, Garlic chillies and serve it up with grilled Halloumi and Salad yum

Roast a tray of Cauliflower Florets sprinkle some parmesan cheese and grated garlic on top delicious as it is or add to curry or Risotto instead of chicken


That sounds so good. Thank you, Tus. :hug:
User avatar
MsPhantom (129173078)
YoWorld Level: 317
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 16, 2009
 
Forum Posts: 10841
Forum Title: YoBeliever
Location: Among the Roses...

Next

Return to General Discussions