FEAR OF DEATH

For all things non-YoWorld. Forum rules still apply.

Re: FEAR OF DEATH

Postby Fuzzy (186058469) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:18 am

I have never feared death simply because of the fact that why should I be afraid of something this inevitably going to happen with or without me getting any say in the matter. you just need to remember to take life one day at a time, and live each day to the fullest you possible can. Nobody has any guarantee on life, and they can end in an instant, as I'm sure a lot of people like myself are aware of. Notice things around you, the trees, the air you breath, the views you see, take notes of your family members and friends and even the people you meet in the course of your life, make every second count that you can.
Fuzzy (186058469)
YoWorld Level: 304
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 23, 2014

Forum Posts: 400
Forum Title: YoRegular

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:25 am

Welp... I must be the only one. :haha: Don't think I'll ever end up getting rid of this fear.
JeNNy (175442028)
YoWorld Level: 247
YoWorld Start Date: Mar 05, 2011

Forum Posts: 1328
Forum Title: YoFollower

Postby Deweye Bugya (126579776) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:13 am

JeNNy (175442028) wrote:Welp... I must be the only one. :haha: Don't think I'll ever end up getting rid of this fear.

I know a lot of people who are afraid of death. It is a topic that comes up periodically and they'll admit it is a tangible thing for them. When I counsel people about this, the first and most important thing I will get from them is simply - Why? The answer to "why" often takes them 15 or 20 minutes to explain. It runs the complete gamut of human emotions. They fear the -

Impact of their death on their loved ones
"Missed" things they want to do before they go
Finality of it
Potential spiritual concerns
Unknown factor

These are the common threads that pop up. If I had a panacea to quell these concerns, I'd give it to you. But the truth of it all boils down to this - LIVE the life you've been granted like there is no tomorrow......because tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Every time I see my parents, the last thing I tell them is that I love them before we part. I try to treat everyone like it is the last time we will meet. I make lists of things I'd like to do and then I go DO them. You need to put your spiritual house in order ASAP. And I've set the wife up with a fat insurance policy in case she decides to slip me the arsenic to rid herself of my nonsense. LOL

:thumbsup:

I wanna live, like there’s no tomorrow
Love, like I’m on borrowed time
It’s good to be alive

I won't take it for granted
I won't waste another second - Jason Gray
Deweye Bugya (126579776)
YoWorld Level: 255
YoWorld Start Date: Oct 04, 2009

Forum Posts: 33813
Forum Title: #1 YoFiend

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:12 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:Welp... I must be the only one. :haha: Don't think I'll ever end up getting rid of this fear.

I know a lot of people who are afraid of death. It is a topic that comes up periodically and they'll admit it is a tangible thing for them. When I counsel people about this, the first and most important thing I will get from them is simply - Why? The answer to "why" often takes them 15 or 20 minutes to explain. It runs the complete gamut of human emotions. They fear the -

Impact of their death on their loved ones
"Missed" things they want to do before they go
Finality of it
Potential spiritual concerns
Unknown factor

These are the common threads that pop up. If I had a panacea to quell these concerns, I'd give it to you. But the truth of it all boils down to this - LIVE the life you've been granted like there is no tomorrow......because tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Every time I see my parents, the last thing I tell them is that I love them before we part. I try to treat everyone like it is the last time we will meet. I make lists of things I'd like to do and then I go DO them. You need to put your spiritual house in order ASAP. And I've set the wife up with a fat insurance policy in case she decides to slip me the arsenic to rid herself of my nonsense. LOL

The thing is there’s so much I want to do yet I can’t. Life’s way too short. :wailing:
JeNNy (175442028)

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:34 pm

I find doing things that make you extremely glad to be alive 'feel life'
tend to wear away the fear of death
I like cliff diving
cave exploration
urban spelunking
extreme tobogganing
winter orienteering
extreme hiking w rappelling
zip lines
temples
cathedrals
mosques
You need sh..t to look forward to
Cool hats help as well I really really enjoy collecting hats

When I do die I dont want it to be walking down the fkn street to get hit by a bus
Last edited by The SCORPIONS (184182673) on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 4379
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Postby Deweye Bugya (126579776) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:58 pm

JeNNy (175442028) wrote:The thing is there’s so much I want to do yet I can’t. Life’s way too short. :wailing:

So here is my "trick". There is a very common idea that people paint with all kinds of words so they can sell motivational tapes and speaking engagements. Regardless as to how they package it, the concept is the same. One day when you can schedule some time for yourself, sit down for at least 2 hours with a word processor and make a list of everything you can ever think of that you'd like to be, like to do, like to try, and like see. I swear if you call it a "vision board" or a "bucket list" I'm gonna kick your ass. LOL

Once you've got the raw list, now it is time to get organized. Things that take a day, months, or years. Things that are expensive or cheap. Things requiring travel or none. Things requiring help. Things requiring education. It is your list, so organize it in a way that matters to you. Then it is time for action.

You need to take 2 or 3 big things and 4 or 5 little ones and start your year chasing them. You need to LOOK at them every day. Remind yourself about why you are alive. Set those goals, take action to meet them, and then make it happen.

Four years ago I couldn't make a bowl of cereal successfully. I was a thirty-two year old man who couldn't make a HAMBURGER. So that year I added "Learn to cook" to my list........and I failed miserably. And I keep failing and failing at it. Because what I've found out about cooking is that you HAVE TO FAIL to get better. You gotta burn some stuff and under cook and screw up the flavors in order to understand WHY things get done the way they do. And here I am now and I am unafraid to bring anyone to my house and cook anything. Visiting Rome & Athens was on my list. Took care of that last year. Australia and Alaska are still to come. I want to finish learning French. I want to be better at my job than I already am. I want to be friendlier to strangers. I want to learn how to enjoy the cat in my house. LOL Some of them are silly, but they matter to ME.

Anyhoo, "do or do not. There is no try." - Yoda ;)

It’s good to be alive

Deweye Bugya (126579776)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:45 pm

I'm more afraid of dying without really living. I make a lot of life choices based on the fact that I'm probably not gonna be here that long so I'm gonna have fun. It's gotten me into some trouble though :haha: :smug:
It's perfectly normal to fear the unknown...Don't let it paralyze you though. You will miss a lot. :heart: :heart:
JustDucky (132308143)
YoWorld Level: 293
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 01, 2009

Forum Posts: 3947
Forum Title: YoAficionado

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 pm

Rod (126579776) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:The thing is there’s so much I want to do yet I can’t. Life’s way too short. :wailing:

So here is my "trick". There is a very common idea that people paint with all kinds of words so they can sell motivational tapes and speaking engagements. Regardless as to how they package it, the concept is the same. One day when you can schedule some time for yourself, sit down for at least 2 hours with a word processor and make a list of everything you can ever think of that you'd like to be, like to do, like to try, and like see. I swear if you call it a "vision board" or a "bucket list" I'm gonna kick your ass. LOL

Once you've got the raw list, now it is time to get organized. Things that take a day, months, or years. Things that are expensive or cheap. Things requiring travel or none. Things requiring help. Things requiring education. It is your list, so organize it in a way that matters to you. Then it is time for action.

You need to take 2 or 3 big things and 4 or 5 little ones and start your year chasing them. You need to LOOK at them every day. Remind yourself about why you are alive. Set those goals, take action to meet them, and then make it happen.

Four years ago I couldn't make a bowl of cereal successfully. I was a thirty-two year old man who couldn't make a HAMBURGER. So that year I added "Learn to cook" to my list........and I failed miserably. And I keep failing and failing at it. Because what I've found out about cooking is that you HAVE TO FAIL to get better. You gotta burn some stuff and under cook and screw up the flavors in order to understand WHY things get done the way they do. And here I am now and I am unafraid to bring anyone to my house and cook anything. Visiting Rome & Athens was on my list. Took care of that last year. Australia and Alaska are still to come. I want to finish learning French. I want to be better at my job than I already am. I want to be friendlier to strangers. I want to learn how to enjoy the cat in my house. LOL Some of them are silly, but they matter to ME.

I love your mindset, but that’s just not how it works for me unfortunately. I have a lot of things I want to do and achieve, but I’m stuck with having to deal with school. And I’m beyond stressed about the future, if I’m gonna be able to get a decent job or not. The thing is, in order to DO things you want, you need a lot of money. And some people just don’t end up with that life. I’m afraid that that’s gonna be me, and that I’ll die without being able to do the things I love.
JeNNy (175442028)

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:28 pm

JustDucky (132308143) wrote:I'm more afraid of dying without really living. I make a lot of life choices based on the fact that I'm probably not gonna be here that long so I'm gonna have fun. It's gotten me into some trouble though :haha: :smug:
It's perfectly normal to fear the unknown...Don't let it paralyze you though. You will miss a lot. :heart: :heart:

Yes, exactly. There’s so much I want to do, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to accomplish everything before I die.
JeNNy (175442028)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 pm

JeNNy (175442028) wrote:
JustDucky (132308143) wrote:I'm more afraid of dying without really living. I make a lot of life choices based on the fact that I'm probably not gonna be here that long so I'm gonna have fun. It's gotten me into some trouble though :haha: :smug:

Yes, exactly. There’s so much I want to do, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to accomplish everything before I die.

I wish I could give you a hug :sad:
JustDucky (132308143)

Postby Deweye Bugya (126579776) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:05 am

JustDucky (132308143) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:

Ya see, this is exactly why we all must wake up with purpose with our time. You are 2 funny and unique people and you should be crossing things off your lists. They don't have to be an "African Safari" or "Be Richer Than Bill Gates". It can be as simple as "Write one song" or "Make someone else smile today". So many people just "exist" and burn up their time. That is not what life is for.

I once read a story about a man returning from WW2. They news person asked him what he fought for......he said "to live". That always stuck with me. What the hell are any of us fighting for if it isn't "to live"? It isn't easy. There are dark days when the air conditioner goes out and it is 103 outside. But those are bumps in the road. Celebrating your time by making the most of it is truly special. Those are the people who live lives the rest of us envy. They don't get there by accident.

It’s good to be alive

Deweye Bugya (126579776)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:22 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:

Ya see, this is exactly why we all must wake up with purpose with our time. You are 2 funny and unique people and you should be crossing things off your lists. They don't have to be an "African Safari" or "Be Richer Than Bill Gates". It can be as simple as "Write one song" or "Make someone else smile today". So many people just "exist" and burn up their time. That is not what life is for.

I once read a story about a man returning from WW2. They news person asked him what he fought for......he said "to live". That always stuck with me. What the hell are any of us fighting for if it isn't "to live"? It isn't easy. There are dark days when the air conditioner goes out and it is 103 outside. But those are bumps in the road. Celebrating your time by making the most of it is truly special. Those are the people who live lives the rest of us envy. They don't get there by accident.

that reminds me of the book I'm reading and he shared the same sentiment Viktor Frankl "Mans search for meaning". You're absolutely right on that. Thank you. I think I needed to hear that Sniff. :hug:
JustDucky (132308143)

Postby JeNNy (175442028) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:08 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:

that reminds me of the book I'm reading and he shared the same sentiment Viktor Frankl "Mans search for meaning". You're absolutely right on that. Thank you. I think I needed to hear that Sniff. :hug:

I should read that book! Thanks guys. :hug:
JeNNy (175442028)

Postby Allergic2BS (135815676) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:05 am

JeNNy (175442028) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

I love your mindset, but that’s just not how it works for me unfortunately. I have a lot of things I want to do and achieve, but I’m stuck with having to deal with school. And I’m beyond stressed about the future, if I’m gonna be able to get a decent job or not. The thing is, in order to DO things you want, you need a lot of money. And some people just don’t end up with that life. I’m afraid that that’s gonna be me, and that I’ll die without being able to do the things I love.

Listen to ALL what Rod said.. wise words :thumbsup: :heart:

Without me having to type out a bunch of seriousness to you. Here's what I want to say to you..

If you have a dream go chase it.. If you feel hope don't waste it.. If you find love embrace it.. Never take a single breath for granted. The story's yours go write it.. Tomorrow's undecided.. Our days are counted on this planet.. Never take a single breath for granted.

https://youtu.be/L9FA9U4s3Tg (Please listen to this song Jenny :hug:)

Allergic2BS (135815676)
YoWorld Level: 260
YoWorld Start Date: Nov 18, 2009

Forum Posts: 7282
Forum Title: YoDedicated
Location: In order for you to insult me.. I must 1st value your opinion.

Postby Deweye Bugya (126579776) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:20 am

JeNNy (175442028) wrote:

I'd also like to point out that when we are younger, we spend a lot of energy pining for the things that are not yet possible - I want to be taller. I want to be older. I want to run faster. I want to drive. etc etc etc. Life goals are no different. Adding meaning to a life isn't going to all happen tomorrow. And I was a text book case of trying to extract more life more quickly than was ever possible. I wanted to crush college in a year if I could, because I had THINGS to do. But it took 3 years. I wanted to play all 10 football games in high school in a week because I wanted to see how good we were. I wanted to drive when I was 8 because all my brothers were going to drive FIRST. LOL

My serious point is this - we waste a lot of energy and thought power chasing goals that can't be reached - NOW. A good life is about the LONG game. And yes, that means there is a possibility that we won't get to everything. And? So? When I die I hope I die with the longest list of goals I've ever made. I don't want to live a day without a purpose. Tonight's purpose will be to make a proper southern cornbread in an iron skillet. I've tried once already and made something that vaguely resembled a cornbread flavored pile of sand. But I promise I won't spend tonight trying to unravel some of the super string theories that hold the hypothesis that all matter is essentially made of sound particles, which makes it possible for a multidimensional being to simply say - LET THERE BE LIGHT - and yes, there was light. That topic is a long term "got to know" study and goal.

Take the days one at a time - but don't waste them. UNLESS YOU SET A GOAL TO WASTE A FEW DAYS (one of mine I'm trying to be better at is allowing time for....nothing). I tend to run like the Energizer rabbit and start to get a little panicky if I am sitting for too long with nothing going on. LOL

I don't have all the answers. But I think half the fun in life is trying to find as many answers as we can. One of my favorite things about this game is that I have met so many people who are way smarter than me about most topics. Listening to what they have to say has honestly changed my life for the better in so many ways.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It’s good to be alive

Deweye Bugya (126579776)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:57 am

Nutmeg (135815676) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:
Rod (126579776) wrote:

Listen to ALL what Rod said.. wise words :thumbsup: :heart:

Without me having to type out a bunch of seriousness to you. Here's what I want to say to you..

If you have a dream go chase it.. If you feel hope don't waste it.. If you find love embrace it.. Never take a single breath for granted. The story's yours go write it.. Tomorrow's undecided.. Our days are counted on this planet.. Never take a single breath for granted.

https://youtu.be/L9FA9U4s3Tg (Please listen to this song Jenny :hug:)

This thread has all the feels! So beautiful and that song! Jenny listen to it :heart: :thumbsup:

JustDucky (132308143)

Postby JustDucky (132308143) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:01 am

Rod (126579776) wrote:
JeNNy (175442028) wrote:

I'd also like to point out that when we are younger, we spend a lot of energy pining for the things that are not yet possible - I want to be taller. I want to be older. I want to run faster. I want to drive. etc etc etc. Life goals are no different. Adding meaning to a life isn't going to all happen tomorrow. And I was a text book case of trying to extract more life more quickly than was ever possible. I wanted to crush college in a year if I could, because I had THINGS to do. But it took 3 years. I wanted to play all 10 football games in high school in a week because I wanted to see how good we were. I wanted to drive when I was 8 because all my brothers were going to drive FIRST. LOL

My serious point is this - we waste a lot of energy and thought power chasing goals that can't be reached - NOW. A good life is about the LONG game. And yes, that means there is a possibility that we won't get to everything. And? So? When I die I hope I die with the longest list of goals I've ever made. I don't want to live a day without a purpose. Tonight's purpose will be to make a proper southern cornbread in an iron skillet. I've tried once already and made something that vaguely resembled a cornbread flavored pile of sand. But I promise I won't spend tonight trying to unravel some of the super string theories that hold the hypothesis that all matter is essentially made of sound particles, which makes it possible for a multidimensional being to simply say - LET THERE BE LIGHT - and yes, there was light. That topic is a long term "got to know" study and goal.

Take the days one at a time - but don't waste them. UNLESS YOU SET A GOAL TO WASTE A FEW DAYS (one of mine I'm trying to be better at is allowing time for....nothing). I tend to run like the Energizer rabbit and start to get a little panicky if I am sitting for too long with nothing going on. LOL

I don't have all the answers. But I think half the fun in life is trying to find as many answers as we can. One of my favorite things about this game is that I have met so many people who are way smarter than me about most topics. Listening to what they have to say has honestly changed my life for the better in so many ways.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rod you make a lot of sense and you probably helped a lot of people with that statement. So profound and deep. I felt that . It wasn’t nutmegs nibbles either . I felt that :hug: you could be a life coach. An old soul for sure :heart:
JustDucky (132308143)

Postby Deweye Bugya (126579776) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 am

Why ty my dear! My cornbread was MUCH better last night :love:

It’s good to be alive

Deweye Bugya (126579776)

Postby The SCORPIONS (184182673) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:03 pm

"How long would take to rot such a man?"
"MEN DO NOT ROT SIR ONLY A CORPSE ROTS"
"How long a corpse til it rots"
" AHH THAT WOULD DEPEND ON HOW ROTTEN THE MAN WAS A FORE A CORPSE WAS MADE OF HIM"

poor Yorick ...I knew him well Horatio
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TUSCANY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~INSOMNIA~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The SCORPIONS (184182673)
YoWorld Level: 292
YoWorld Start Date: Dec 03, 2012

Forum Posts: 4379
Forum Title: YoGroupie

Previous

Return to General Discussions